TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
this calls for some scooby snacks [c/m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 20:48:34 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Hey, Ky!” [break][break]

Sliding off his saddle, Angelo places his Mach bike on its side in the grass; striding up towards where Kyle was waiting, paper bag swinging in one hand and Orion padding just behind, tongue panting. [break][break]

There's a small, friendly grin on his lips, shoulders relaxed despite the way his t-shirt stuck slightly to his skin after cycling through the Hoenn spring heat all morning. With the latest 'developments' circling around in his head, Angelo was simply thankful to steal a moment where he could switch off. Even if it was just during a lunch break. [break][break]

There was nothing great or life-altering to ponder about when you're sitting in a park, sharing food and some drinks with a buddy, after all. [break][break]

Angelo feels like he needs this. Even if Kyle doesn't know it.[break][break]

For his contribution to this meet-up, Angelo presents to the Champion of Hoenn some sweet rolls in a brown paper bag… Half-price and only a little stale. A gourmet meal. [break][break]

[break][break]

I’d have brought something a bit… Well. Less half-assed. But I couldn’t get to a kitchen.” Angelo admits; having not gone back to the Sotally Tober in the last few nights where his galley waited. [break][break]

And so, bread that was picked up last minute at a bakery down the street and chosen blind, would have to do. [break][break]

The courier holds out his offering to the other man, only to snatch it up higher into the air with a sharp rustle, calloused fingers clutching tight, as Orion’s tongue sneaks from nowhere to try and lick the bottom corner of the bag. Attempting to hijack it with a hint of white fangs. [break][break]

Oi. Trouble. Get outta here,” leaning down (making sure to keep the food up high) he grabs a stray stick from underneath the tree, before pulling back a wide shoulder and hurling it long. His Lycanroc predictably turning tail and charging off, bread forgotten. Angelo sits down on the grass without her nose invading the treats, holding the bag out to Kyle for a second try. [break][break]

I think some of them have filling but uh, honestly, I just kinda grabbed what was there. Think of it as a surprise.” Or a gamble. Whatever Kyle preferred.

[break][break]

+ // mission[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,449 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 17:47:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle sits on the ground. his mightyena can't stay in one place before him, hounding him off for treats that he vehemently defends with lazy swats on the air whenever it comes close. he gets a much needed break from it as soon as the sound of brakes hit their ears.

"finally!" kyle exclaims out of joy when he sees angelo. his eyes pan to his lycanroc. "doggy!"

the mightyena's tail starts wagging, having been curious of the bag in the same manner as the lycanroc. it tries to worm its way to the bag, only for kyle to pin it in between his legs, effectively wrestling it out of reach.

without question, kyle blindly reaches out for the bag and takes the first one his fingers touch. "are you using me as a test subject to see if these are actually good?" he teases, waiting for a response before actually trying it.

@tags
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 20:53:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 18:23:30 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Holding onto the bag tight as Kyle rummages for a piece of bread, his grin takes on a mischievous edge at the teasing question thrown his way, feeding off the bait that is dangled in front of him. It doesn’t slip by Angelo’s notice that the other man doesn’t actually take a bite of his chosen snack. [break][break]

Test subject? Never.” He hums, feigning innocence on a smile that is anything but. “Just want to know if the one with the Magcargo paste is as good as everyone says.”[break][break]

Was there one with such a filling? Fuck knows. He’d just pointed at the ones that were remaining in the shop at the time. Whatever was in there was a surprise to himself as well as Kyle but Angelo, simply happy that he had gotten them cheap, was up for the adventure of finding out what they were with blind bites. [break][break]

Orion comes back then. Only she doesn’t have a stick in her mouth, instead returning with a very chewed frisbee in her mouth, fluffy white tail wisping back and forth like a cotton cloud. She drops it, slobbery and holey, on Angelo’s lap when she spots the Mightyena and turns her nose towards him instead – giving him a greeting sniff. [break][break]

Damnit, Orion. Again…? Hope nobody’s looking for this.” Angelo comments with a grimace as he tosses the frisbee on the grass beside him, wiping the drool off on his jeans. “Anyway.” He dives into the paper bag and fishes out a bread roll, sitting innocent and unassuming in his fingers; hiding a potentially dangerous interior. “On the count of three?”[break][break]

He takes a bite on number two.

[break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,449 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 17:08:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
what he hears from angelo doesn't help him at all. he had expected them to be something more normal, but the first example he mentions gets kyle more skeptical with each passing moment.

"magcargo paste?!" kyle repeats with exaggeration before his tone drops immediately after. "sounds about right."

he watches the lycanroc return, meeting up with an enthusiastic mightyena who returns the greeting. when angelo tries to throw the frisbee, the mightyena barks once before chasing after it.

kyle shrugs at his pokemon and decides to focus on more pressing matters.

"alright," he agrees on the countdown. "one, two..."

his eyes widen when angelo takes a risk a second sooner. out of morals, kyle immediately follows after, not wanting a friend to suffer a potentially horrible fate alone. he takes a bite out of the pastry, and the taste of the filling immediately sticks to his tongue and forcing a grimace out of him.

"this isn't normal berry filling!" kyle immediately points out. "mine's sour enough. i think can even taste a little bit of belue in there." he sticks his tongue out for a bit, like airing it out would get the taste out.

"what did you get?"

@tags
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 15:29:57 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo does his best to retain a neutral expression. Really. [break][break]

But as soon as his teeth sink into the roll, ripping off a generous mouthful and exposing a purple gooey centre, his chewing decreases in speed at a steady pace. Enthusiasm rapidly drains from his eyes, brow crinkled as he grinds and considers and chews... And chews some more. [break][break]

Paste sticks to the roof of his mouth and even though the jam-like filling looks to glisten with chunks of berry, giving the appearance of rich moisture, its deceptively dry. It takes a long time to get through the first bite. [break][break]

Disappointment.” Is his answer when Kyle asked what flavour he got, voice thick as the staleness leaves his tongue feeling as parched as The Desert Ruins. “There’s chunks in it. Kind of sour. Drier than my mum's overcooked turkey… I think it might be Wiki berry? Fuck, it’s gross.” [break][break]

For his credit – although only done because he couldn’t bear to waste edible food – Angelo crams the rest of the stale bread into his mouth. The only moisture to be found is in his glistening blue eyes as he coughs and forces the lump down, thumping his chest with a fist as he struggles to swallow it.[break][break]

Another one?” He croaks, handing the bag towards Kyle again, lips curled in an invitation to suffer together – as friends do.[break][break]

Waste not want not… Or something.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,449 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 15:46:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
misery loves company... or something like that.

there's a bit of satisfaction when it seemed like angelo got the worse one out of the two. at the very least, his has some kind of texture. finding someone that suffers more than him is enough to make him feel somewhat good about himself.

the next invitation tempts him. the logical answer would be to save his stomach and pass from the offer.

"urgh," kyle groans as he finishes the last of the previous bread. "it would be wasteful to just not finish the rest."

he takes another one from the bag, finding no difference between it and the ones they just ate.

kyle decides not to think much about it and ignores the consequences by taking a bite out of it without preparing himself mentally. self preservation kicks in at the last moment, forcing him to swallow the chunk to save himself from tasting it.

he chokes- evidently so. kyle holds a hand up his throat with another one tapping on his knee.

@tags
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 19:21:48 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Another appropriate quote: gluttons for punishment. [break][break]

Angelo grins, about as satisfied that Kyle had opted into eating another as he was curious about what the luck of the draw would bring them this time. His intrigue definitely leaning into the realm of devious motivations. It was the only way to put a positive spin on the bread, really – other than the price tag. [break][break]

It would,” he encourages the champion, keeping the bag held aloft under the other man’s nose, tempting him to take another. Harmlessly pressuring. He really did hate waste. “Brought them just for today, too. With my hard-earned pay cheque. Could've put that towards my vacation fund.” Somewhere, a tiny violin plays.[break][break]

Kyle takes another and so does he. Even though the previous filling still sticks stubbornly to the roof of Angelo’s mouth, tainting his sense of taste with its chalky after-texture, he presses on. One bite leads to another, then another but the courier is noticeably silent, brow pinched in confused contemplation. [break][break]

I think I got a dud. There’s nothing in here… Oh. No. Wait…” There’s a small glob of Pecha berry jam in the middle, his tongue having hit the hidden morsal purely by happenstance. He’d finish off his lacklustre bread without complaint, had the Hoenn Champion not started to choke. Kyle seemingly struggling to breathe through a lump of stale, discount pastry stuck in his throat.[break][break]

Hol- Shit, Ky!” [break][break]

Angelo drops the Pecha roll as he leaps to his feet, raising a calloused palm to slap Kyle roughly across the back in three loud whacks! His brow pinched into a stern frown, gaze sharply observing his friend’s state even though a cold chill races down his spine. [break][break]

His hasty misstep to aid Kyle however, leaves his snack vulnerable to the waiting jaws of his Lycanroc. Orion barely wasting a second as she lunges in to snap up the remains, chewing apparently unnecessary. [break][break]

It’s gone in two seconds flat.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,449 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 16:38:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with angelo's help, kyle eventually manages to throw up the piece of bread lodged on his throat. it comes flying out, landing onto the grass, where his mightyena, who had been playing with angelo's lycanroc, stops and notices it as soon as the rock-type takes its trainer's.

the dark-type follows suit with angelo's pokemon and swallows up the thrown up piece of pastry. despite still recovering from the traumatic experience of almost dying, he doesn't miss the chance to shame his own pokemon.

"ew. you're gross."

as soon as the first priority was out of the way, he turns to his savior. a hand clasps his chest, as if trying to feel a heartbeat that wouldn't have been beating had the other not been there to save him-- or indirectly caused it.

"ah. my savior. i guess by saving me, you technically have beaten something i wouldn't have. that makes you stronger than me, so i'm now crowning you champion... or something."

he forgot where he was going with his statement, but he'll just let it roll for now.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 13:13:04 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
And the champ lives to breathe another day.” Kyle Lopez would not be felled by a piece of stale bread. At least, not this time.[break][break]

Angelo lets out a laugh, about as relieved as he is amused, when his friend’s first exhale is dedicated to shaming his gluttonous dog. A calloused palm is brought down firmly against his shoulder, clapping him with a fond pat. Yeah, he was going to be just fine.[break][break]

Is that how the league here works?” He grins, bending down to scoop up the chewed frisbee that Orion had achieved earlier now that the momentary panic of a near-death situation had ebbed. His Lycanroc doesn’t seem to notice, too busy licking at the Mightyena’s face for crumbs of Kyle’s spat up bread. [break][break]

Think I should quit my job this afternoon? Or would carrying on as a delivery guy give me that relatability factor as I preform my Champion and savior duties?” [break][break]

Pulling back his arm, Angelo gives the frisbee a toss, watching as paws fly past in a mad chase when it glides quite far through the air. Only for the Lycanroc to make a sudden, sharp detour towards someone else’s picnic.[break][break]

Orion, you greedy mother fu–” [break][break]

Angelo leaves the bag of bread to whoever is brave enough to pick them off… [break][break]

Could you waste trash, anyway?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,449 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 3:48:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"keep your job. it gives you an excuse to fall back to when you need to flake out on something."

kyle would probably still quit if he was in that hypothetical position. his job to clean up messes already has him travelling a lot. doing more would just give him a reason to diagnose himself with imaginary travel sickness.

he watches the lycanroc sprint off. kyle's mightyena follows afterward, quick to pile on any mischief any fellow doggies starts. there's horror in kyle's eyes as he slowly backs away.

"i think the plan here is to ditch them and act like those aren't ours," he tells angelo, pertaining to their pokemon. "if they're worthy of our love, they will find their way back..."

he turns and attempts to leave the scene before the other people on the picnic notices them.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 4:17:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: