Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 4:13:58 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Mt. Pyre: Isolated, remote, likely not many people around. It was an appropriate place to introduce to the Shadow Gardevoir. After her session with , and her own personal sessions with the corrupted pokemon, she was confident enough in her “relationship” with it to not only release it into an open environment but introduce it to someone else.

The pokeball always felt heavy in her hand. The cool metal slid between her fingers as she held it out in front of her, almost as if she was taunting Killian. The hint of a tease was manifested at the corner of her grin, “Are you sure you're ready?” now she was just being mean (in a cute way, of course). She had teased him with meeting the Shadow Gardevoir long enough while she went the extra mile to make sure she could control it.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 5:44:30 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morhuman"]
[attr="class","morhuman-big-img"]

[attr="class","morhuman-1"]
[attr="class","morhuman-title"]
I know all your secrets[break]I know all your lies

[attr="class","morhuman-tagged"]

[attr="class","morhuman-subtitle"]
I’VE GOT NEWS COMING, I’VE SEEN IT ALL FROM THE START. I KNOW WHERE YOU KEEP’EM, BURIED DEEP INSIDE. NO, YOU CAN’T HIDE YOUR SECRETS AND LIES.

[attr="class","morhuman-pkmn"]

[attr="class","morhuman-post"]

[attr="class","morhuman-icon"]

As uncomfortable as the thought of Lex handling one of these 'Shadow Pokemon' made him. It was hard to ignore the opportunity that her doing so presented. In the days since she'd received Gardevoir, Killian had pestered Lex about letting him examine it. She promised to show it to him eventually. Once she got better control of it.[break][break]

That day had finally come.[break][break]

"I'm sure." Killian replied, smiling at her playfulness. "You've told me how dangerous this can be a hundred times already." he stared reassuringly into Lex's eyes. "I got this, princess." or so he hoped. Despite his confidence, Killian wasn't sure if he could be ready given what he knew about Shadow Pokemon.[break][break]

They were temperamental, unruly, powerful, and prone to attacking their trainers. Not to mention unpredictable.[break][break]

"Let's see this Gardevoir." but he wouldn't let that stop him.

[attr="class","morhuman-bot-1"]

notes about this post

New template - let's goooo!
[attr="class","morhuman-bot"][attr="class","th th-pencil"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#bd9fc9;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 0:22:41 GMT

Princess? Her brow peaked playfully in a how-dare-you manner. Perhaps she could make him regret that statement. But all jokes aside, the playfulness of her grin disappeared as she locked into his aqua eyes, “Just . . . be careful,” she’d do everything in her power to keep the pokemon under control but these things weren’t always guaranteed.

With a gentle flick of the wrist, the Shadow Gardevoir appeared in a flash of dark light. She brought a cold, eerie tension to the air. The brilliant white dress of her species was faded into a dull, almost grey color. The rest of the greens and reds lacked the same spark one would expect. A tattered and torn dress billowed around her feet which seemed to never rest on the earth. The unique ghost-typing phased her in and out of the spectral plane, like a flickering flame. A set of lifeless red eyes moved towards Killian, piercing his with an uncomfortable glare that could penetrate into your very soul.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 5:02:57 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

I’VE GOT NEWS COMING, I’VE SEEN IT ALL FROM THE START. I KNOW WHERE YOU KEEP’EM, BURIED DEEP INSIDE. NO, YOU CAN’T HIDE YOUR SECRETS AND LIES.

"I will be." Killian assured her with a smile. He wasn't a fool. He knew better than to proceed recklessly. Every action he took from now on would be with caution.

[break][break]

Goosebumps ran down his skin with Gardevoir's release. The air around the creature felt void of warmth. Its movements were cold, almost lifeless as it made them. Killian observed its flickering form with rabid fascination. He didn't flinch when it glared into his eyes with an icy stare. Even as his body urged him to step away, he remained calm.

[break][break]

"Amazing," he muttered, "The way it looks - it's like its whole typing changed." he'd bet money on it being part Ghost. Killian shifted his attention to Lex. "I'd like to get a bit closer to it. Will it stay calm if I do?" he inquired, glancing back to Gardevoir.

notes about this post

how about hug?

[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#bd9fc9;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 21:40:12 GMT

Lex had certainly become more comfortable with the pokemon. The first time she met the Gardevoir, she was so tense she felt like she might snap. Now, she was fairly calm, relaxed shoulders and a feinted air of confidence the Gardevoir could probably see right through. Unfortunately, there was no fooling a psychic-type.

“Gardevoir,” she wouldn’t let the pokemon fixate too heavily on Killian just yet. The specter slowly turned towards its master, expecting an order from her, “She is indeed part ghost-type,” Lex smiled at Killian, of course he could pick it out. The man was very detail oriented.

However, she wouldn’t grant his request, “Not yet,” she shook her head, “She’ll come to you when I say it’s ok,” The Gardevoir had a severe lack of respect for personal space – as Killian would find out later.

First, she needed to keep the pokemon occupied. A series of hand gestures silently instructed the Gardevoir what she wanted it to do. It ended with a finger pointed towards one of Mt. Pyre’s mausoleums.

The Shadow pokemon followed the direction of the finger, fixating on the small building’s door. Gardevoir sank into the dark grass, transforming into a shadow (SHADOW SNEAK) that raced across the cemetery before disappearing beneath the mausoleum’s door, “She’s truly a restless spirit,” Lex spoke as she watched the door, “If she doesn’t have direction or a task, she gets . . . bored and violent. Best to always have something for her to do,”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 8:32:25 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Fascination swam in the ocean of Killian's eyes. Absentmindedly, he stroked his chin. The tiny gears inside his head turned with ravenous curiosity. He tapped a slender finger against his lips and whispered. "What exactly in the Shadowfication process caused its type to change? Does it happen to every Shadow Pokemon?" desperately, he wanted the answers. It was unfortunate that Lex wouldn't be able to provide them.

[break][break]

Lips curled with disappointment into a mild frown. "No?" that hadn't been what he was expecting. Usually, Lex was eager to help feed his curiosity if she could. They'd agreed to be cautious but taking a step closer couldn't be that dangerous. Despite how he felt, Killian respected the decision, taking a step back.

[break][break]

His eyes shifted to Lex's hands once they began to move. Carefully, he studied the strange gestures as she weaved them. None of them were familiar to him, but Gardevoir seemed to recognize them. Its tattered body dissolved into shadows and sank to the ground. Unnatural speed carried the Pokemon across the grass and underneath the mausoleum door.

[break][break]

Killian's attention returned to Lex, "So she's a busy body? I can relate to that." he smiled softly. With Gardevoir momentarily absent, Killian sauntered closer. "She seems obedient, at least to you." he nodded to Lex's hands.

[break][break]

"Those gestures you were making. Do you know them well enough to teach me?" they didn't look too complected.

notes about this post

<3

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 3:06:36 GMT

Lex smiled at his fascination. The look on his face didn’t disappoint. She knew he would be absolutely fascinated by the creature. Unfortunately, he was asking the wrong person questions. Lex wasn’t there for the Gardevoir’s shadowfication, that was obvious. In fact, she didn’t know much about the process to being with. Her shoulders only shrugged in response to his curiosity, “I have no idea,” she admitted, her brain didn’t work like Killian’s. She didn’t ask the questions that probably should have been asked. Instead, she accepted things for as they were, rarely questioning them unless her gut told her otherwise.

“I think it happens to some,” she mused as the Gardevoir snuck off, “This one’s a bit different. Not as violent or angry as the others. Aggressive, sure, but only because she doesn’t feel,” Literally, she didn’t feel. She was void of emotion, an empty shell, “I think the shadowfication process sucked the life right out of her, literally. And that’s how she became a lifeless, emotionless, restless spirit,”

It was sad if you really thought about it. Lex tried not to dwell on the nuance, especially since she didn’t make the pokemon suffer through the process. Its previous master did.

“Obedient,” she laughed lightly at the word, “Yes, obedient, but not loyal,” and loyalty was something she valued. There was a stark difference.

Prime example: Lex was obedient to Kaito for a time, but never loyal, which ultimately led to her betrayal.

“But that’s the best I’ll get, I suppose,” a bitter reality she was still struggling to accept.

The gestures shouldn’t be unfamiliar. It was a way she trained all her thieves. There were times she preferred to remain silent, and clear hand signals were an important means of communication between her and her pokemon, “Yes, I’ll teach you,” she smiled, glancing towards his own hands. She fought the urge to reach out and take it into her own.

A shadow returned just as quickly as it left. The Gardevoir rose from the darkness, a hand outstretched towards its master. Spidery fingers uncurled, revealing a mysterious purple stone in its palm. Lex reached out to take it, momentarily studying it before showing it to Killian, “What do you suppose this is?” the task was to steal something from the mausoleum. The curious stone was wasn’t what she was expecting.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 23:19:04 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

What little knowledge Lex did have to offer about shadowfication was more than helpful. "That must mean each Pokemon reacts differently." but to drain them of their soul? The process must have been something eldritch and terrifying.

[break][break]

Lex wasn't alone in finding the situation sad. Although, that was only one word he'd use to describe it. Malicious and abhorrent were two others that came to mind. And yet, intrusive thoughts pushed images of a pale and lethargic Loveless into his head. Killian shuddered, body tensing in disgust that he even considered it.

[break][break]

Morbid curiosity kept the idea locked inside his thoughts. The longer it lingered, the more uncomfortable it made him. A hand instinctively reached for the cigarettes in his pocket. While Lex talked, Killian lit one up. His body relaxed as smoke filled his lungs. A welcomed rush of nicotine washed over him like a wave.

[break][break]

"Loyalty won't come with time?" he questioned, blowing smoke up and away from Lex. "Your pals Lugia seemed loyal to him." but perhaps was simply an exception.

[break][break]

He followed her eyes to his hands, matching her smile with an uneasy one of his own. Killian still couldn't shake those early thoughts from his head. "Looking forward to learning, teacher." he winked and took another drag.

[break][break]

Eyes darted to Gardevoir once it returned. It had done as instructed, swiping something valuable from the depths of the mausoleum. Lex wasn't sure what it was, but Killian recognized it immediately. "She either got lucky or has an excellent eye for valuable things. Kinda like someone else I know." he chuckled.

[break][break]

"That's a Mega Stone. A Gengarite, to be specific. It's rare and not easy to come by, most trainer go there whole lives without seeing one. If you give it to Smoke, he can use it to Mega Evolve. Are you familiar with Mega Evolution? If you aren't, I don't mind explaining."

notes about this post

Not my greatest post >.<

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 5:55:03 GMT

Lex watched Killian light his cigarette. It was a bad habit, but one she had grown use to. Normally, it was a comfort he clung to when he was stressed. Something must have triggered him to immediately reach for the pack. He knew better than to let the smoke crawl in her direction.

Scarlet lips pulled into a frown. Killian should know better than anyone the difference between obedience and loyalty, “Not when she can’t bond with me,” her arm vaguely moved to motion towards the direction the Gardevoir went, “Lugia chose Gavin, they’re bonded,” they were now one and the same, their souls tethered together through the distribution of power. Gardevoir was incapable of feeling anything toward Lex . . . or any one for that matter. Anger, fear, frustration – they all weren’t a part of her existence any longer.

“There’s certainly a difference,” She’d put it in terms Killian would understand, “I was . . . obedient to Kaito,” the words were hard to say, spoken quickly as if she was spitting out bitter poison, “Never loyal,” her lips pursed, a hardened expression crossing the softer features of her face while amber eyes looked into the distance, waiting for the Gardevoir to return. Killian’s playful wink was lost as she barricaded the rotten memories back into the dark corners of her mind. They still had never talked about all the shit Kaito made her do and the sickening way he dangled her mother’s life over her head.

Gardevoir’s return was a welcome distraction. The amethyst stone sparkled in her palm. Of course Killian knew what it was. She listened with interested, “A Gengarite . . .” it trailed off as she rolled the stone in her hand, “Kind of,” she admitted, she had read about it . . . somewhere. Or maybe heard it in passing? Reading wasn’t really Lex’s cup of tea. She knew it was a rare phenomenon that required an exceptional bond.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 22:22:18 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Of course, he knew the difference between the two. Killian was very picky about who he let into his network. It ran on loyalty as much as it did secrets. But loyalty wasn't something simply given at the drop of a dime. It had to be earned. Often through hard work on the ends of both parties.

[break][break]

Unless you were an apathetic and emotionless Pokemon. In that case, he supposed it didn't matter how much work you put in.

[break][break]

Kaito's named filled the air with tension. Killian looked anywhere but at her as she spoke. He still hadn't told her about him calling. It was wrong of him, he knew. Especially when the calls hadn't stop after Valentine's Day. They'd promised to not keep stuff from each other this time. But things in Hoenn were good for them, great even, and Killian knew Lex. The moment he said anything, she'd want to run. That's just what she did when trouble came knocking.

[break][break]

Running didn't solve the problem, though. Not that he had a better solution. For all his resources, not even Killian had a way to deal with the mobster without repercussions. Killing him would provoke his family, and making him disappear wasn't an option either. Kaito was too well-known a figure. If he vanished, there'd be questions.

[break][break]

"I'll go over it with you later." he said. "I actually have something important to tell you." his tone was serious. The cherry-ember at the end of his cigarette brightened as he inhaled. Smoke poured out from his nostrils. Killian glanced to the Gardevoir, "You're not gonna like it." he admitted. Telling her was for the best. She'd changed a lot in their time apart. And he was here, so maybe she wouldn't suggest they run.

[break][break]

Killian flicked his cigarette to the ground. An early warning that the topic he wanted to discuss really was serious. He always pocketed his buds when there wasn't a trash can or ashtray. "You remember all those calls I was getting on Valentine's Day?" how couldn't she. They had basically ruined dinner for them.

[break][break]

"It wasn't one of my guys calling. It was Kaito. He's been calling and texting me a lot lately. I haven't replied, but I think we both know what he wants."

notes about this post

drama

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 19:04:47 GMT

“Fine,” she mused, still fixated on the amethyst stone between her fingers. It was probably best that they talk about Mega Evolution later considering she had a Shadow Pokemon to attend to. It was dangerous to divide her attention while it grew restless. She could see it in the way the Gardevoir’s fingers twitched and dead eye peered past Lex and into the emptiness of the cemetery.

His next phrase gave her pause. Curiosity sparkled in her eyes, a hint of suspicion along with it. Was this some sort of silly game of his? “You’re not gonna tell me you drank the last of my favorite whiskey now, are you?” the playful smirk that crossed her lips indicated she, in fact, thought he was about to say something teasing.

The attention she turned back to the Gardevoir was stolen away when she caught him toss the cigarette butt onto the ground out of the corner of her eye. With a displeased frown, she immediately bent down to retrieve it and tuck it into her own pocket. Disgusting.

It worked, her attention was fully on him, “Yes . . .” of course she remembered. All those calls were obnoxious, but overall that night was full of fond memories. Lex had completely forgotten all about the calls as soon as she saw their home. Killian had replaced the frustration with pure, unadulterated happiness. And now he was about to ruin it.

Kaito. Of course, it fucking was. A part of Lex wasn’t surprised, but the fear and anxiety that she had been able to bury deep since Killian’s return quickly resurfaced. This time, it was laced with anger. It was easy to read between her furrowed brows, wide, terrified eyes and the pursed lips. She was angry at Kaito for many reasons, but this time for intruding on their happiness, and she was angry with Killian for keeping it from her. Valentine’s was so long ago.

The finger of a clenched fist rose to point towards him, “You-You promised,” she managed to choke out before the knot in her stomach grew too painful to ignore. The Shadow Gardevoir stirred, her focus moving to Killian. She could sense the rise of emotions in her master, a dangerous assumption was being made about the man as she drifted towards Lex’s side.

Instinct drew the red head back a few steps, increasing the space between them, “HIJACK!” a sharp command for the Rotom, about as unpleasant as the fire burning in her amber eyes, “How many times has Kaito called over the past two months . . . and how many messages?”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 4:17:03 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Lex's playfulness had only made the build-up to telling her worse. To the point that he considered backing down. Perhaps teasing her as she expected would be for the best? Killian shook his head. No, he couldn't keep it from her forever. She'd find out on her own eventually, and then he'd really be in trouble.

[break][break]

Killian flinched. "You promised." the words cut like a razor blade against his skin. He frowned, "I know, Lex, and I'm sorry." that should have been where it ended. "I was going to tell you after Valentine's, but you just looked so happy when you saw the house. I...I didn't want to ruin that for you, for us." and was that so wrong? After what she'd been through, didn't Lex deserve a bit of happiness?

[break][break]

Didn't they both?

[break][break]

The frown deepened as she backed away. "Really, Lex?" and then there was the Gardevoir. He could feel the creature's eyes on him. It was the only thing that kept him from moving. At her command, the phone flew out from his pocket. Like most of his Pokemon, Hijack treated her as it did Killian. An order from Lex was as good as an order from him.

[break][break]

"There have been....21 missed calls, 3 voice messages, and 32 texts from Kaito in the last two months."

[break][break]

Killian was silent and unsure of what to say. Had there really been that many?

[break][break]

Floating between the pair, Hijack turned to face Lexi. "Would you like me to play the voice messages Ms.Lex?" and without thinking, Killian stepped forward.

[break][break]

"That won't be necessary Hijack, she gets the picture."

[break][break]

The Rotom didn't move - waiting for Lex's confirmation.

notes about this post

drama

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 6:31:55 GMT

A more rational Lex would have understood. Of course they deserved some happiness, especially when it stemmed from them moving forward together. Hoenn had been good to them so far. As horrible as the consequences of Lex’s actions in Johto were, there was no arguing that since Killian came to Hoenn their relationship had leveled up, in a sense. Lex tried to fight the idea of a letting herself feel at home with KIllian in Lavaridge, but that was a battle she sorely lost.

The bitter taste of anger lingered on her tongue. The deeper the unsettling news sank into her bones, the more the anger threatened to shoot like venom from her lips. She absolutely despised the fact that it was Killian that may fall victim to it.

Unsurprisingly, Hijack quickly responded to her command.

. . .21 missed calls, 3 voice messages, and 32 texts . . .

The panicked, wild look in her eyes shifted to one of surprise, then into something much worse. Her posture straightened and features turned ice cold. Stoic on the surface, fuming from within. Lex looked about as void of emotion as the Gardevoir beside her. A sense of shock perhaps?

“21 missed calls, 3 voice messages, and 32 texts,” A flat voice repeated the statics as if committing them to memory, “You didn’t think after the . . . Tenth? . . . Hell, twentieth? That it was . . . I don’t know . . . a problem that we should address?” Emotion wiggled its way back into her voice, escalating as the sentence went on. Regardless, her icy glare remained fixed on him, expecting him to answer that question.

A second rise of emotion, stronger than the first. The Gardevoir honed onto it like a beacon. When Killian stepped forward, she considered it a threat. The Shadow Poekmon’s hand shot up as quick as an Arbok strike. Amethyst PSYCHIC energy attempted to curl around the man in a firm grip, freezing him in place.

This was something she normally didn’t have to worry about. Lex had no idea her emotions would work up the Gardevoir so much, “NO!” Two long steps brought her defensively between the Gardevoir’s outstretched hand and Killian, “No,” she repeated. The Gardevoir’s grip released, her hand slowly lowering, “You will never hurt him, under any circumstance,” she waited a beat for the Gardevoir to acknowledge her with a nod.

“Are you ok?” her anger took a backseat in favor of concern. Lex couldn’t help but reach out to him, more so to bring herself a sense of comfort than anything else.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 9:06:08 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Killian had been on the other end of a psionic attack before. Training so many Psychic-types had gotten him used to how they felt. Or so he'd thought. Psychic energy gripped his body, and Killian froze. Gardevoir's power was unlike anything he'd experienced before. This couldn't have been all of it either.

[break][break]

Just how much strength had she'd gained?

[break][break]

Pressure slowly closed in on him from all sides. Eyes wide with shock, his face brightened to the shade of a tomato. He gasped for air, but his lungs refused to move. Darkness crept closer from the edge of his vision. Then, suddenly, it all stopped.

[break][break]

Gardevoir released her grip, and Killian collapsed to the ground. The colors of the world faded back in as he breathed. "Fuck." he panted, crouched over on his hands and knees. If Lex hadn't intervened, Killian was sure he'd be dead right now. With no one to blame for it but himself.

[break][break]

"I'm...I'm fine, just give me a second." she stepped closer, and Killian flinched, expecting Gardevoir to attack again. When nothing happened, he relaxed. "Arceus, she's fucking powerful." his breathing was still a little shaky. If he hadn't been taking Shadow Gardevoir seriously before, he definitely was now.

[break][break]

There was a moment of silence while Killian collected himself. He used it to think about the questions she'd asked. About how angry he knew Lex still was despite her concern. Did it even matter? Words wouldn't change the reality of the situation.

[break][break]

Killian frowned and moved into a sitting position. "I don't know what to tell you. I thought if I ignored him, Kaito would get the hint. I was wrong, okay? I should have told you sooner." he sighed and reached out for Lex's hand to help him stand. "Now that you know, we talk about how to handle it." Killian met her eye, "But we're not running Lex, that isn't an option anymore."

notes about this post

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
WRAITH [c|s]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 18:08:33 GMT

He flinched, her heart sank. Lex felt incredibly stupid for not being more careful with the Gardevoir around. This was the exact scenario she wanted to avoid. Well, the fact he was still breathing was fantastic, the pokemon didn’t go too far. From what Lex had learned of the Gardevoir so far, she wasn’t a mindless killer like some of the other Shadow Pokemon. One like Lulu’s Alakazam would have snapped Killian’s neck without thinking twice.

Lex took the opportunity of Killian’s silence to turn towards the pokemon. Her pokeball emerged in the thief’s hand and the Shadow Pokemon disappeared back into the sphere, “I’m sorry, that was . . . careless,” her apology was soft, barely above a whisper as a disturbing, bloody scene of what could have happened invaded her thoughts.

Her gaze shifted back down towards him as he admitted his error. Yes, he definitely should have told her sooner. They could have acted faster, have a plan in place. But after two months of calling and messaging with no response . . . Kaito has no doubt made some dangerous assumptions.

Lex helped him stand but didn’t let go of his hand. Instead, she immediately pulled him to her, wrapping her own arms around waist. She sought comfort in his embrace. Not just from the fear she felt from the Gardevoir’s outburst, but comfort from the threat breathing down their necks. He’d find them, it was only a matter of time. He had a two month head start now and they would have to figure out something quickly.

“I know,” she whispered with her head against Killian’s chest, “I’m not going anywhere.”