thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
think of the children [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 15:56:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin hadn't been lying to when he'd informed her of his strict training regimen; whenever he could afford the time away from his duties, the underboss could often be found working up a sweat in the training room.

Today, he spars with Lucario. Unlike his lifelong partner whom he'd lost in the battle against Necrozma, this Lucario is holding back. Gavin can feel the way it pulls its punches, a certain nervous energy as its spiked paw connects.

Gavin huffs, irritable. "Like you mean it. Again."

They've been at it for several minutes when a shrill cry interrupts the intensity of their boxing match, briefly preceded by the crack-crunch of eggshell that Gavin hadn't heard. Breathing heavy from exertion, bleeding from a gash along his forearm where he'd failed to block a particularly nasty blow, Rocket's underboss turns to find himself face-to-face with an empty training hall and a newly-hatched Togepi. The unfortunate infant will find no positive emotions exuded from Gavin, who only scowls.

Perhaps its owner had stepped out to use the bathroom. Perhaps they'd forgotten about the egg altogether. Whatever the case, Gavin found himself in an awkward predicament. The next person to enter the room, one , would be greeted with his grumpy expression. Blood drips from his arm to the floor.

"Please tell me this is yours." He gestures to Togepi, sighs.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 22:48:40 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
glitch wasn't the sort of person that actually like, had baby pokemon. it was bad enough that he was trusted with living creatures in general but there was no way in hell that he could be trusted with a baby pokemon. that poor thing would probably be dead or something within a week. so when he was stopped, being asked if a tiny little togepi was his he almost burst out laughing because, once again there was no way in hell. "oh my goooood if you wanted to have a baby with me you just had to ask." he was kidding of course as he looked over the small egg thing.

"it has your eyes, black and soulless."
he had no idea what to do with it to be honest. so instead of trying to touch it he let c.c. out. she was a girl so she probably knew what to do with a little egg baby. right? the hatterene stared down at the togepi as the togepi stared with hate in its eyes. "what are we going to name our baby?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 13:47:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Grabbing a towel from a nearby bench to wipe sweat from his brow, Gavin blinks at with eyes neither black nor soulless, their amber depths reflecting annoyance at the situation he's found himself in.

The joke, unfortunately, falls flat.

"Mistake," he deadpans, and glowers at the offending Togepi. It seems unaffected by his foul mood, chirping as it clumsily disposes of the top half of its eggshell. "You didn't see anyone when you were coming in, did you?"

Lucario, sensitive to the subtle changes in aura and emotion, lets out a soft growl as it senses his mood.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 15:47:17 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he knew that he was annoying the hell out of gavin but at the same time he really didn't care. he felt brave most of the time regardless of if that bravery was warranted. "missy is a very cute name for our baby." he watched as c.c. lifted up the togepi with the weird hat hand she had. glitch was almost worried that the hatterene was going to throw the other pokemon or something but instead she set it on the brim of her hat. "you're the first person i've seen all day, i was coming down to work on cardio." it was a slightly more serious note because someone on this base was definitely missing a pokemon. or had abandoned it.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 22:24:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I'm not paying child support." It's the first hint toward any sense of humour, albeit deadpan and accompanied by his signature scowl. "Hope you like being a single dad."

Reluctant as he was to care for this waste of time and energy, Togepi had been popular with the Black Market as of late. Something to do with the new boom in young Pokémon making them all the rage among — someone, Gavin didn't really care who, only that there was money in this little rascal if its caretaker didn't come back to claim it. Maybe even if they did. Gavin wasn't beyond claiming the thing for his own if they took much longer and ate into his precious free time.

"Damn it." Gavin sighs. "Who knows how long it's been in here, then. The stuff was already here when I got in." He folds the towel and sets it on a bench before sitting down himself. "My guess is they snagged it for the Black Market and then forgot."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 23:37:31 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
humming to himself he poked at the togepi's cheek a little. it was cute but it was still a baby, he wasn't ready for a baby. "you'll pay child support and like it. and you'll have custody on the weekends because daddy still needs to do hot girl s... stuff." he wasn't going to say shit in front of a baby. that was probably a bullshit thing. "maybe they were trying to get the togepi to learn how to fist fight. too bad it's just a little baby." it blurbled and gurgled a bit as it stared down at them from c.c.'s hat. "we should probably take it over to the lab or to the dorms. the dorms might have someone looking for an egg." it was a good as idea as any.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 22:11:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"No," is Gavin's reply, flat and final.

It's when Glitch suggests a fist-fighting Togepi that Gavin remembers he hadn't been here for the whole ordeal. "It just hatched," he explains. "Like, maybe a minute or two before you came in."

Togepi seems positively delighted by its situation and new surroundings, high up on its Hatterene perch, and it's jovial attitude serves only to irk Gavin more. The look Glitch receives upon suggesting a door-to-door is withering. "If they don't have a good reason for leaving it here, I'm selling it." Thankfully, Togepi is too young and uninitiated in the ways of Rocket to understand the implication. "Unless you plan on taking care of it, I guess."

His shoulders lift in a shrug, and he reluctantly pushes off from the bench. I just sat down, too. Ugh.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 22:42:08 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he pouted a little bit when gavin said he was going to be a dead beat dad. it was a shame really, that families just couldn't stay together anymore. but that was the modern age he guessed. "fine, but i expect you to send him a birthday card at least." that was the best negotiating he could do he supposed as he sighed. "how will we even know if someone is telling the truth about leaving it here? they could just see a togepi and go 'oh yeah it's totally mine'." and then they would have given this infant to a liar. how could they live with themselves if they did that? "i could like, send out a dm to people saying 'hey if you lost a pokemon dm me where you last saw it and what it is' sort of thing? then we don't have to go door to door or anything." and that meant he wouldn't have to walk around so much. the dorms stunk so fucking bad.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 15:01:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Birthday cards. He scoffs to himself at some private joke; the Quinns hadn't been raised to celebrate birthdays. They hadn't celebrated anything. They had been nothing but tools for their parents success.

brings up a good point. Rocket was full of liars and thieves, came with the territory. Gavin's considering taking the Togepi for himself without further fanfare just for that, but the other's suggestion has merit.

"I like that plan." Mostly because it means he can sit down again, which he does. A fresh towel is snagged from a rack and pressed against the cut on his arm, still oozing blood. His expression scrunches as fibers tug at its edges. "Just don't use the emergency channel. I know that's the best way to reach everyone but this in no way counts as an emergency."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 4:08:15 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he was pretty sure that a lost baby most definitely counted as an emergency but he rolled his eyes and simply sent out a message the regular way on the non-emergency line. "someone will come claim it eventually i'm sure." but he sat down on one of the benches, noticing that gaving was a little bit on the injured side. "that looks gross, hold on." he dug around in his massive bag that held everything he would ever need and more. pulling out a couple boxes of bandaids. "i've got hello skitty and some ones with porygons on them. what do you want?" he held up the two boxes for gavin to look at. "this one i think has a couple poloppi bandaids too!" the cute little frog mascot was one of his favorites.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 13:24:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
If he notices the eye roll, Gavin doesn't react. Compliance is enough to sate him.

"Oh, it's fine," Gavin insists, even as Glitch is reaching for supplies. "Get it worse than this all the time out in the field."

Even now, his ribs were bruised from a particularly nasty blow of Lugia's tail. The legendary had been holding back so as not to break his spine with the impact, but it ached like a bitch when he drew too deep a breath.

He removes the blood-spotted towel to display the injury, a long but shallow cut across his forearm. Faded ink no longer sufficiently conceals the other scars present, white with age but numerous. "Don't even know if they'd hold it closed on their own... fuck is a poloppi, by the way?"
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 22:22:44 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
it was bigger than he expected it to be wound wise, and he wasn't sure if one of his cute band-aids would really fit it. but luckily c.c. was here and she had a trick up her uh... sleeve? "c.c. will you take a look at it? she knows life dew and if you're going to be walking around like that you're gonna get tetanus or something on this sub." the hatterene offered her strange hand to gavin. if he took it then she would use life dew on his arm to get rid of the cut quickly. a lot more quickly than could be done naturally after all. "oh! he's one of hello skitties friends!" he dug out his phone and held up a picture of the strange anthropomorphic poliwag creature. that totally wasn't a keroppi.  "it's one of my favorites really. so i use them the most." gavin was going to get an education on the small creatures one way or another.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 14:40:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Though Lucario itself is capable of healing, Gavin's own stubbornness sees him refuse to accept the Pokemon's aid. Glitch's Hatterene, without the uncomfortable history between them, is viewed through a lens less bitter.

"All right," he grumbles, conceding.

He holds out his injured arm and doesn't flinch as the droplets of dew spatter against the open wound, slowly knitting flesh together. It's not perfect and it'll still need to be thoroughly looked after, but at least it's no longer bleeding everywhere.

"Thanks."

He does not recognize the Poliwag-esque creature refers to but nods when shown a picture.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 19:02:04 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
c.c. nodded as she saw her handiwork go well and gently patted gavin on the head, not worried about the fact that he seemed neutral about the fact that he had just been healed. but that was just the way he was. he could mull it over later if he wanted to.

"you're all better now!" and suddenly his phone began to go off with people claiming that the lost infant was theirs. of course only one of them had gotten it right so he assumed that was the one they were looking for. "oh, we got a hit! i guess i should go deliver this guy so you can get back to working on your... workout stuff. i'll just do yoga in my room."

that way he wouldn't accidentally be in charge of another baby if it showed up.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 6:36:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: