part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
sorry for breaking into your home, let's eat [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 8:07:39 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

The perks of having a part friend, part rival, part boss, part romantic interest, and part future accomplice come in an abundance. From the endless teasing to the fact he could easily put an extra zero in her salary check. Even now, after a while they haven't been in contact, Katherine is still grateful for whatever relationship they seemed to have.

And she's willing to show it, too!

How? By phasing into his home and unlocking the door only when the delivery guy finally arrives. Fortunately, she was right in her assessment - Fernando hasn't arrived home yet. In the time Katherine has known him, she'd grown used to his workaholic nature. There's much to hate in it, but today, it provides her with ample time to wait for the food to arrive and arrange a home picnic in his living room.

This wasn't like she broke into his house, anyway. It's not like he didn't have a security system and an army of pokemon at the ready to launch at clueless burglars.

Candles are lit and set around inside the room to set the mood, their warm light being borrowed for the time being.

By all means, Kat was here to seduce him. She had no desire to get into his pants but was there really a difference between trying to persuade someone into working with her or making him fall for her?

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 8:29:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The security system doesn’t catch her at first. Whether it be intentional or sheer coincidence, no one knows. Not that it matters. Fernando’s living spaces are seldom used for more much than a place to crash after drinking or to bring someone over. It shows in the way it lacks any personality beyond the stock image-esque nature of its furnishings.

What gives her away is accepting his package. The doorbell camera notifies him upon the delivery’s arrival. Before he can interject to provide the worker instructions, he’s caught off-guard by Katherine receiving it in his stead. The rest of his workday is cut short by an abrupt ‘emergency’ when Fernando leaves the office early.

He comes home to his front door, knocking twice on the off-chance she’s still there, before scanning his thumb on the keypad. When it accepts his print, he keys in his PIN and opens the door to the sound of it unlocking.

What he sees betrays any expectations he had forthcoming. It’s almost acceptable.

Almost.

He relieves his sports jacket onto a coat hanger at the foyer. “I’m home,” he announces as he kicks off his shoes. Enraptured by the deviation to his schedule, he foregoes placing in the wooden shoe trees, instead, working his way into the main living room.

To what do I owe the occasion?

His tone is pleasant, amicable, but his expression is anything but. It meanders between curious and suspicious, toying between the shadows casted by the candlelight and the silhouette of their perpetrator.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 8:57:25 GMT

His home is...

Not far off from what she'd imagined it'd be, really. The lack of personal style is Fernando's style. The neatness and the proper organization fit the man she had come to know. And the fact there are no unexpected guests waiting for her inside - not a partner or a secret child - is comforting. She didn't take him as a family man, and disappointment would've soiled her mood had that been the case.

The knocks alert her of his premature arrival, and with a smile, she turns to face the direction from which he'd be stepping into the room. Bringing a smile to her features comes with ease, as Katherine seemed to have been waiting for him to show up at any given point.

"Ah! It's about time."

It took you long enough, she almost says. "Well, the last time we met... We— no, you said we'd talk later. Now is later."

Then again, maybe he had questions about the picnic she had prepared for them?

"Oh, and the food is here because I figured you haven't eaten anything all day."

Small sandwiches were arranged on top of each other in an almost tower-like formation, positioned near slices of cold meat and different sorts of cheese, all spread across a canvas of a wooden board. Different kinds of crackers were stacked in each corner of the board. Lightly salted ones, the cheesy kind, and even some that were coated with smoked paprika and herbs.

Katherine opts to start with half an egg sandwich that had its crust cut off.

"Mmm..."

The ball was at Fernando's court.

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 9:19:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Okay.” He leans more toward confused now as he come across the charcuterie spread she’s so deliberately planned out. The way he approaches, wavering, is more akin to a guest than the condo’s owner, but even that is intentional. Old habits are hard to break; eating food that’s been prepared beforehand, by another, reeks of poison. His hesitance is well earned.

I’m smarter, richer, and soon to be stronger than anyone in Rocket and you’re smarter, stronger, and easier to work with than anyone the League has to offer.” He picks a sandwhich closest to the one she herself had taken. He edges that one’s the most likely to be safe but that’s hardly a concern anymore. Application of his Avatar powers have proven more than befitting when it comes to status ailments, poison being no exception.

She has a better chance of strangling him than anything else. Surely, she must know this, so he samples it without remorse.

Not to discount the fact that you’re beautiful, keep me on my feet, and if you made these, an amazing cook. The rest writes itself.

Fernando softens up a bit, seemingly earnest with the way he speaks, although secretly patronizing her with the last string of compliments.

When he swallows he stares back at her. “Unless, you mean something else?

He passes to her, hoping she’ll take the shot.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 9:33:21 GMT

If it wasn't for the fact that his boasting was truthful in its entirety, then maybe Katherine would have rolled her eyes at his words. But he's right and he hits the nail on the head. He is smarter, he is richer and he might as well be stronger already. For each capable member in Rocket, there were twelve more who only cared to twiddle their thumbs and question their morality.

Fernando was past that stage, and so was Katherine.

"I ordered these," there is no point in lying to a man who keeps a deity capable of detecting lies by his side. As for his other points, well, they elicit a bigger smile to spread across the woman's lips. He's a businessman, and it's his job to find a way to phrase things to sweeten a deal for him.

Katherine knows that, but it doesn't mean that she's any less flattered.

"No, I mean this. You know what no one else in the League does, save for the other moles," while teasing Fernando physically was certainly Katherine's preferred method, she knew that this was much more effective with him. She can almost see the way his mind is racing to figure out who, when, and why.

"And I know things about you that you supposedly wouldn't want out either."

Another bite.

"I told you I want us to work together. I still do. I know my strengths and I know yours, just as you know mine," in other words: they make for one hell of a pair. "And you... Also keep me on my toes."

In more ways than one.

"So?"

A small gesture is made with her hand, prompting a wine bottle to open without any assistance and then pour into two glasses. One levitates to her hand, and the other to Fernando's.

"Shall we make it official, or do you need a contract for this?"

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 9:48:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“

Fucking bitch. Fernando can feel his mood twist, organically, the second it hits him, mentally trying to analyze the would-be spies. She strings him around her finger and they both know it. That’s what he despises the most. But, as important as knowing who and how, having her reveal it now would only cheapen the discovery. It never supersedes the significance of preventing something irreparable but the satisfaction that comes from outing of an imposter is second to none.

He accepts the glass. Watching her open it live in front of him is more reassuring than not. Not that he discounts the fact he’s sure she’s still able to tamper with it. He’s yet to curate a file on her abilities and their extent.

Off the books then,” he raises the glass to meet hers in a toast, “a solemn creed between mutual accomplices.

A sip is made but cut short with a stark realization.

But you’re going to have to work on your alibi. Witch hunting season is out in full force. Every one who isn’t nice is pretty much considered Team Rocket.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 10:08:29 GMT

The clink of their glasses meeting is enough to quell any bad mood, in her eyes. Fernando might disagree- but this allyship is something that can most certainly lift up Katherine's spirits. Standing alone was familiar and at times perhaps easier, but it no longer achieved the results she desired.

The number of trainers who acquired shards of the plates she sought to collect for Giratina was greater than she believed herself to be capable of dealing with alone. However, with Fernando by her side? Her odds were much, much better.

"Well, if you have any suggestions for an alibi of some sort..."

'Then I am all ears', she almost says.

"Rocket isn't the same Rocket you knew a couple of years ago either, Fernando. They are stronger. If I am not living proof of it, then I don't know who else can be," it dances on the tip of her tongue, a piece of information that Fernando might've been anticipating, but most likely also dreads hearing.

"They have Legendary Pokemon on their side just as the League does."

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 10:19:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Become friends with important people. Especially the reasonable ones.” That step is always the easiest. “Then paint those that dislike you in a bad light. Make them believe that any grievances between the two of you are because you can’t tolerate their stupidity.” A trademark play from the Silph guidebook. It’s served him well enough during his career. Why not pass it on to someone still affiliated with the upper League?

However, any intention he has of helping her circumvent the politics within the League go flat at her revelation.

In terms of strength, he already knew this. The fact that they lied low up until now shows that they’ve learned from their mistake. Patience shows a willingness to postpone an emotional need to conquest for the sake of success. This proves the smarter choice and therefore the stronger one. That, he anticipated, and is more than willing to confront in the battles to come.

It’s the last part that bites him.

His eyes drop to his glass and he finishes it like cheap beer. “Please tell me your Legendary owners are just as stupid as ours.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 10:32:30 GMT

If until now she was able to resist the urge to roll her eyes, it grows too strong to ignore now. Katherine succumbs to the primal impulse, allowing her eyes to finally do as they desired. It calmed some of the nerves and soothed the part of her that felt as though merely considering Fernando's idea was a bother.

That, of course, was only happening because Katherine knew he was right. "Right, yes," she responds the way he likely wanted her to, "I can try." Now that's more like her.

Playing off that her dislike towards some people, or rather, most, had something to do with their stupidity didn't sound too harsh. After all, she did have plenty of grievances with some of her co-workers' idiocy. She wouldn't have to try so hard.

"I can't." Not because they are all brilliant (although was among the smarter avatars she had the pleasure of meeting and working alongside of), but because they are more capable. And ultimately, their wit matters little. It's their actions and their ability to act and follow commands when necessary that made them much more lethal than whatever arsenal the League happened to have.

Inner-fighting is not something Rocket has to worry about.

People going off plans is never an issue.

Allies carrying compromising secrets and working against each other is not tolerated within the organization, no matter what.

"Half of your men aren't ready. A quarter of the other half won't fight against their so-called friends, and the final quarter is unable to follow commands the way it should."

Is she trying to say that he's screwed?

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 18:23:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]That’s what he was afraid of hearing. But that’s no longer his concern. His affiliation with the League wanes with each passing day. If he cannot change them from the inside then he’ll make them anew, pilfering those he deems deserving of such recognition.

I fucking hate it here.

He considers asking for another glass but refrains. He’ll stomach through it like every other annoyance that finds its way onto his plate. His appetitive for self-loathing is unsatable.

So what’s the end-goal? What do they want?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:12:57 GMT

A shrug ensues as Katherine's shoulders roll backward. Either she was finally keeping some information for herself, or, she truly didn't know what it was that Rocket was after. The basic goal hasn't changed, but she firmly believed that there was more. Perhaps something more personal, an agenda Walsh has yet to push on the members of the organization.

"Beats me. World domination, probably. That much hasn't changed since Silas' days."

"Whatever it may be, I think we both know that right now, they want to replace the League." In other words, that's what they had to focus on. What they needed to prepare for and fight against.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 21:38:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Tch. Always world domination.

Fernando cocks his head to the side. Just the thought brings contempt. Perhaps he’s the odd one out. With all the power in his hands he wishes for nothing more than to live out his life in absolute lavishness. A modest wish all things considered but her wish still remains imprinted on him, no matter how many years pass by.

To be honest, League or Rocket doesn’t really matter much to me. As long as life remains stable.” He slips that in for another purpose, to give her a glimpse of his own objectives. “But I doubt Rocket will settle into anything close to that.

His eyes close before a begrudging smile surfaces.

I suppose it’s time to replace the League. It’s about time we unite under one banner, no?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 3:05:26 GMT

"They don't matter much to me either," league, rocket... Why would she care? She joined both organizations for one reason: herself. Whichever one of them could serve her goals better is the one she belonged to. As it stands - neither could.

Fernando Silph, however, did.

It's what led her to break into his home and share different sorts of secrets with him - it was beneficial to them both. And for as long as their relationship remains that way, she'll remain loyal. He must know that, right? She won't betray him unless he gives her a good reason to.

As for the last of his statement, she only responds with a quick nod of her head at first. All things considered, she found that trusting Fernando's judgment came easy to her. If he saw something to be necessary, then it probably was.

"Uh-huh."

She takes another bite of her egg sandwich, swallowing before speaking once more, "How soon do you think we can get our hands on more plates?" The honeymoon phase was over, now that they were talking about business... She wanted to know how soon it'll be before Fernando can pay her.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 3:12:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Depends.

He doesn’t miss a beat as the conversation switches subjects. Her own fascination behind these plates only spike his own intrigue. However, progress is slow.

If you plan on stealing the rest in broad daylight, be my guest. But I’ll have no part in it, for obvious reasons.

He doesn’t continue eating.

However, I have gotten a few people to lend me their plates for analysis. They’ll want it back and I don’t think I can afford to screw over that many people at once, even if the time line for acquiring them lines up.

We’ll perform a scan and see if we can replicate them. If we can recreate them then the rest should be simple.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 3:35:06 GMT

"If the opportunity arises, then yes, I plan to do just that."

was the beginning, not the end. As much as she cares, he will simply be the first in a line of victims that suffer from her petty thievery.

"You won't be able to recreate them. You can't. They aren't just a slab of stone, Fernando." How does she know this? Well, it's a hunch. And considering the fact an actual god lived inside her, her hunches were usually correct. They either had to be the real thing, or they were worthless.

"But," she already has an idea that might work, depending on Fernando's technology, "If we can create decoys, you could just hand back the fake plates."

notes: