awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 8:45:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Okay, to be perfectly and honestly fair, was it going to be worth it?

He’d spent several days (and evenings) cobbling together a few things. Chapped fingers, stuck-on glue, and losing several parts of what he was making—it was more than enough to drive him mad.

Hell, he’d even accidentally gotten some of the hot glue in his hair by accident while he wasn’t looking!

He was very sure they looked absolutely crappy, but it was the thought that mattered—right? He certainly hoped so.

After sending a message to two people to meet by the Lilycove beach in the late afternoon and to bring a blanket and whatever food and drinks they could find (he couldn’t blame the other, because one of the two he wanted to meet had a terrible sense of direction the further inland a meeting place was so it was safest to meet on the beach), Lars wondered if they would turn up.

He himself had brought… well, he’d brought enough pastries from one of the local bakeries that was clearing out their stock for the day to this little gathering.

look originally the plan was to be further inland but seeing as someone might get lost we meeting on the beach instead

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 19:45:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Walking among the several groups of rowdy fishermen coming home (or more likely heading to a pub) after a long day of work out at sea would be one Captain Dross, face alight with amusement as she exchanged friendly barbs with other ocean-tried folk. This in itself wouldn't be such a rare sight - except for the huge container she was cradling in her arms. Behind her floated Hook, her Reuniclus, carrying two more.

Unlike her adventures further inland, Skyler could've walked this path with her eyes closed and copious amounts of tequila in her system (it'd happened once!). So it wasn't surprising that she made her way to the beach fairly quickly, silver eyes immediately setting out to search for any familiar faces -
ah, there!

"Hey, spiky!" Sand didn't seem to be a deterrent as the blonde covered the distance between her and her friend with wide, ground-eating steps, looking as if she might run him over.

A bright, infectious grin curled her lips, fist reaching out to mock punch his arm in greeting.
"I brought drinks!"

Hook proudly displayed the contents of one of the containers he'd been holding at Skyler's proclamation. There were, in fact, drinks. Several bottles of them. All of them alcoholic in nature.

And something in one of the containers reeked, strangely, of sulphur...

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 6:36:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Razz was unsure what to feel about the message. He’s always read that it's never a good idea to get too close to your boss as in the end it's a work relationship. Though Anderson seemed nice enough and they have been on a rough adventure together so he’d give it a try. If nothing else Skyler was also there if Razz couldn’t act like a normal person about his boss. [break][break]

Bring food and drinks huh? He wasn’t much of a drinker so he’ll just bring water for himself, and maybe an extra pitcher for the pokemon as well. “This is enough right?” he questions his pokemon as he hasn’t really done picnics with other people. Deciding on one of those big sub sandwiches that could be cut for multiple people as he joined the other two on the beach. [break][break]

Zaffre seems to ask permission to leave and starts to head toward the beach, most likely to try and find a new shell. “Skyler, Laurence,” Razz greets, still feeling weird not addressing his boss more formally but with that weird order from before he was still very conflicted. So Laurence it was. “Umm I have a party sandwich?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 13:22:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The first one to arrive (naturally) was Skyler, accompanied by several containers.

…why did one of them smell of something from the gates of hell?

“Sky—” he began, catching scent of the container that reeked of something that smelled similar to brimstone. “Are—are you sure that’s safe?” he asked anyway, tilting his head in the direction of one of the coolers where the distinct acrid aroma was emanating from.

It—was potentially dangerous, to say the least.

They didn’t have to wait for too long before the last member of their little late-afternoon picnic showed up, lugging a… holy shit.

At least nobody was going to get too sloshed, huh? They had enough food to go around to counterbalance Skyler’s alcoholic stash.

“That is one hell of a sandwich, Razz,” he gestured at the youngest’s arrival, before setting down the bags of pastries at his feet. Thankfully he’d also thought of bringing along…

A simple blanket, done in varying shades of faded fiery colors, was laid out on the sand before them.

“Well what the hell are you both waiting for? Let’s sit down!” he gestured as he crouched down, picking up the bags of pastries and eventually claiming one section of the blanket for himself. Much tempted as he was to remove his boots, he figured he’d leave them on… for now.

look originally the plan was to be further inland but seeing as someone might get lost we meeting on the beach instead

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 11:24:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The familiar curl of Skyler's smile was a prelude to trouble, as anyone who knew the captain could attest to. Her next words died a quick death before she could speak them, Razz's arrival distracting the previous thoughts from her head. His more formal approach was met with a wide, toothy grin and a mock punch to the arm.

"Razz! Just in time!"

The thud of a large container hitting the sand close to Skyler's feet sounded almost ominous. In its vicinity, the smell of sulphur grew more pungent, though Skyler seemed strangely unaware of it. "It's perfectly safe," she assured the Head Ranger. "Safe as anything, at least." Which meant, in Skyler speech, not safe at all.

Razz and Lars were about to become intimately acquainted with the reason why didn't let Skyler anywhere close to the kitchen when he was around. Unfortunately for both of them, he hadn't been around this time.

With a proud flourish that would've made any theatre kid proud, Skyler opened the container to unleash a rotten odour. Its contents seemed harmless enough, if haphazardly packed.  

"Ta da! Captain Dross's egg sandwiches!"

They were
green.

In the meanwhile, Shoalgun wisely elected to walk away from the picnic area. Her curious gaze fell on the Oshawott, approaching on silent steps and looming over him with a friendly smile.

Should he look, she'd motion at her own seashells, head tilted to the side in curiosity. 

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 17:22:05 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Curious at the beverage the sailor brought Salem can't help but get up close and take a sniff as Razz takes a seat when told. After the sniff Salem lets out a bit of a gagging noise and brings their arms up in a cartoonish 'i'm choking' manner. The cat takes several weak steps back back before falling over and playing dead. Even had his tongue out just to play it a little more for being over the top. "Always with the drama this one," he comments with a sigh but there is that small hint of a smile there showing that he was amused more than anything else. [break][break]

At the comment of the sandwich he shrugs, "I was told it was good for big groups, I'm not sure if three counts as a big group, but I figured the pokemon could have some as well," as he says this he's already cutting himself a piece with the knife he always carried, as well as another for Salem. He'd get one for his water pokemon but they had buzzed off. Though he trusted them enough, "So why the picnic?" he questions not really one for 'hanging out' without a purpose. Who did that? [break][break]

Though as Skyler presents her own sandwich Razz can't help but give her a concerned look. "Are you trying to copy the children's green eggs and ham story?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 17:40:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment Skyler had mentioned that it was ‘perfectly safe’, whatever was inside the cooler that reeked of brimstone, Lars felt something…rather ominous settling inside his stomach.

It was like the contents of that particular cooler should not be exposed to the world at large. There was something inside his head going off, like fucking alarm bells, warning him to brace himself—

And his suspicions were right!

The cloud of aroma that hit his nostrils made him pull a face before Razz broke the potentially awkward silence that fell about the party sandwich he had with him.

“Uhh, Sky?” he began tentatively, daring a closer look at the… distinctly not yellow and white eggs (were they still even eggs at this point?!) before pulling back for some fresh air.

“I don’t know about this, but Sky…” he trailed off, trying so hard not to cringe, “…I may not know how to cook for shit, but I’m pretty sure eggs aren’t supposed to be… green.”

He took a deep breath after that statement. Fishing out his phone, he then sent a certain someone () a message that said, ‘If I don’t come in tomorrow for courier work, something happened to me. Something… green.’

With that he sent the message off before pocketing the device and digging through one of paper bags he brought and pulling out a butter croissant.

Before he could even take a single bite, Razz beat him to the chase about the gathering.

“Is it wrong to come together without thinking of work to just. Unwind? Enjoy the food? The sunset?” he added, gesturing over the horizon towards the late-afternoon sun that was already starting its descent to the ocean; staining the clouds and the water fiery reds and oranges.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 18:22:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"What's wrong with my drinks?"
Salem's dramatic (but very well acted) death scene brought a puzzled frown to Skyler's face, silver eyes peering at the dozen or so bottles of liquor she'd all but shoved into one of the containers. The captain hadn't been sure of what to bring, so she'd just raided her pantry. It just so happened that all of the drinks were alcoholic in nature. Totally a coincidence.

Huffing, Skyler plopped down onto the blanket and popped open one of the bottles: red wine by the looks of it.
"Oh. Uhh... We might have to drink from the bottle. I didn't bring any glasses with me." She didn't seem overly bothered by this, taking a quick gulp before offering it to , eyebrows lifted in challenge and the beginnings of a shit-eating grin pulling at her lips.

Razz's and Lars' concern about the sandwiches were swiftly waved away by the unconcerned ship captain. Sure, Angelo liked to make fun of them, but it's not like they'd killed anyone. Yet.
"It's the spices, I think. Make the eggs change colors." Though if you asked Skyler which spices, she wouldn't be able to tell you. The captain was a firm believer in improvisation when it came to cooking. "And what's that about a children's story?"

Thankfully the ocean breeze seemed to be carrying most of the stench in another direction. Hovering close to his trainer, Hook was the first brave soul to actually take one of the egg sandwiches. It looked slightly gooey when the light hit it and... there were bits of unknown substances poking out of it.

Hook took a bite. 

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 20:31:50 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

After his little act the cat seemed to chuckle before he goes back to his trainer's side, stars for eyes when the sandwich was given to him and he starts his munching. "That's fine I'm not much of a drinker anyways," Razz brings out the large water bottle he brought for himself and his pokemon should they want fresh water. He recalls seeing Sky's earler morning once where things smelt like booze and he was sure he couldn't out drink her if he tried. [break][break]

"Food coloring makes food change color, not spices," Razz informs the sea captain as the ranger looks at her with some concern. Though he'll give her pokemon props for daring to take a bite of the odd colored sandwich. Thankfully he usually kept a few heals on him, "Its a children's story of some creature trying to give another Green Eggs and Ham," he explains lightly it was a simple story. Honestly he's surprised he's heard of it and she hasn't. [break][break]

Though when asked about having a picnic without any reason and all the younger man just stares at the Ranger leader. Blinking a few times because wasn't that obvious? "Yes...?" he answers more in form of a question as he feels he might be out of the looper here somewhere. Though this could be from his own lack of social skills. He wasn't used to doing things without purpose.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 21:22:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Thankfully, I thought of picking up some cups to use,” Lars remarked as he was passed the red wine bottle, before shuffling through another one of the paper bags and pulling out a package that had paper cups stacked neatly within the plastic.

“Indirect kissing, man,” he added with a bit of a smirk as he opened the plastic wrap and pulled a paper cup out for himself before pouring himself some wine.

Sure, it was a completely unorthodox way of drinking, but it was all they had at the moment!

At the mention of spices, he wrinkled his nose in concern.

“Sky—again, I’m shit at cooking, but—spices normally don’t pickle eggs green. They turn into those weird Johtonian things—century eggs I think they’re called—when left alone for an extended period of time. And those century egg things are definitely not green,” he quipped as he passed around one of the other paper bags that had pastries.

To Razz, he raised his eyebrows.

“You—you really need to relax some more, you know,” he said in the younger man’s direction. “Too serious. Telling you now, being too serious is going to bite you in the ass. I know this because I speak from experience, Razz,” he added a few moments later before taking another bite of the butter croissant he had with him.

There was no way he was going to touch those green eggs… the look alone was like… yikes.

He then saw one of Skyler’s Pokémon go for the—holy fucking shit!

“Sky, is your—is your companion out of its mind?!” he exclaimed as he gestured to the Reuniclus who had taken a bite out of the green… monstrosity. Yikes!

Eventually the croissant disappeared, and he pulled out a turnover to replace it, before sharing another paper bag of pastries in Razz’s direction.

He was then reminded of something else…

“Oh, right… I’ve got something to give to the both of you.”

With the turnover in his mouth, he then began searching through his jacket pockets, eventually hearing the clinking of something and pulling it out.

(‘it’ for reference, only instead of the Mark of Mastery, keep reading below)

“Okay, so—“ he said once he’d managed to fish them all out. Clearly the craftsmanship wasn’t perfect, one could tell where he’d panicked. It was most obvious on one side of the blue and red things he was holding.

“There’s this old tale surrounding Sootopolis, about how someone makes good-luck charms shaped like stars and gives them to those they considers friends—true friends—or companions who’ve been through the worst shit and lived to tell the tale—that they would always be together through good times, and shitty times no matter what.”

Okay that was fucking cheesy. But he had to explain it.

Fishing out the blue one from the tangle he’d made, the centerpiece of this one was the best interpretation he could make of a Lapras’s head, before handing it to Skyler.

The other one, unfortunately a shade of fiery-red and orange, had a Meowstic’s face, or at least his best take on it, and held it out for Razz to take.

“Sorry, there was nothing else—I figured I’d go red because it does match your intensity,” he apologized.

And the last one, the green one with his own hot take on a Metagross’s face remained with him.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 19:22:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
A single disappointed sigh left Skyler's lips at the sight of the paper cups, as if bothered by the fact that she'd be unable to act like an uncivilized barbarian. She curled her fingers around the bottle and defiantly - just to provoke Lars - took another, longer swing, making no effort to hide the smirk that pulled at her lips.

Eventually she pulled a second bottle from the container and gave it to Lars.

The wine itself left a sweet aftertaste on her tongue, betraying its high quality.  She honestly couldn't remember where she'd gotten it. "Oh? Are you trying to say that I'm the creature in that story, Razz? What, do I end up doing some nefarious misdeeds?" Skyler seemed entirely too pleased by the notion. "Maybe I'll make my own story. But you have to try the sandwiches out first. Who knows, maybe my spices are just that special."

They weren't. And for some reason her invitation felt more like an ominous warning. "You'll try some, won't you?"

Thankfully for the good health and well-being of everyone present, the captain was distracted by the glint of something in Lars' hands. Ever the treasure hunter, interest unfurled in the depths of in her quicksilver eyes at the unveiling of the three objects. "Did... Did you make us friendship- charms?" Despite the slightly mocking undertone to her voice, Skyler accepted hers with greedy hands, genuine pleasure blooming into a bright smile directed at the Head Ranger. 

The Lapras looked kind of dorky, but that only made it all the better. It was perfect.

A calloused finger traveled up to fiddle with the necklace she wore at all times, pointing out a green stone, followed by a red one. "These are yours. Sorry, Razz. It seems red really is your color."

And it was at exactly that moment that Hook, looking strangely green, started to choke.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 6:50:49 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Not really? They just chase the other until they finally have the green eggs and ham," Razz answers back still surprised that he is the one who knows of this children's story and not her. Though he supposes before he was 10 life seemed normalish. At least in comparison to what came after, but that was then and this was now. And now he was just worried over Skyler's health if this was what she was intaking on the daily. [break][break]

While Salem seems to give a bit of a 'thank you' noise at Lars' words Razz can't help but give the other a blank stare. Blinks at him once with his single eye as he is silent. "How is that? and I'm relaxed," he protested, though considering he was very much a stick in the mud through and through he just wasn't seeing it. Thankfully Salem was on his right side so he couldn't see the 'bullshit' look his cat was giving him. [break][break]

He's quiet when it comes to story time though. If he can recall correctly the kids at his apartment made their own little things they made in a similar shape. He nods in thanks when Lars offers him the fiery one, while he's no fan of fire it seems like fate very much like to stick him with it. Though the meowstic face was a cute touch as he shows it off to Salem who takes it from him and seems to blush as he holds it up like some sort of trophy. "Uhh.. thank you Laurence, though I don't really have anything for you," he comments seeing presents as something you should return the favor on. He looks over toward Sky as she seems to show off her beads and begins to wonder, "So symbols of friendship, are common with Hoenn Natives then?" he questions clearly unsure as it would be first he's heard of it. But with both of them having something it seemed logical. [break][break]

Though he is quick to get distracted when Skyler's pokemon seems to be choking shit. Razz is quick to get up to try and lean them forward in one of this arms while he would try to pat it's back in a similar fashion one would do a chocking baby. See if it would help.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 23:46:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars, in the meantime had decided to distract himself with the rest of turnover he was eating.

Once he’d polished that one off, he then reached for one segment of the party sandwich that Razz had brought along, listening to the conversation between the other two and resisting the urge to cackle at the story they were talking about.

“My question is, out of all the colors, why did it have to be green-colored food,” he said once he’d finished the first mouthful of sandwich he was in the middle of demolishing. “That is some wacked-out shit.”

At Razz’s remark, he let out a bit of a snort.

“You’re…what, nineteen? Turning twenty?” he began, running his mind through what he knew about the younger man. “Look, I had the exact same outlook around your age. Sure it may be good at first, but in the long run, it will definitely mess with your perception of how to unwind and slow down. Like, if Salem over there could talk? Pretty sure he’d agree with what I’m saying.”

Was he throwing indirect shade? Who knew?

At the mention of having something in exchange, he raised his other hand.

“It’s the thought that counts,” he said with a wave before grabbing the wine bottle and pouring himself another serving.

“Remember that—time?”

Oh, hell, he barely repressed the shudder that raced through his spine at that thought.

“And apparently, yes,” he added with a bit of a chuckle as he eyed the necklace that Skyler had on—and almost let out a guffaw because poor Razz, was he really resigned to be the ‘red’ one among them three?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 14:48:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
To be fair, Skyler couldn't remember a great many children stories, in great part because as a child she wouldn't stop long enough to actually listen to one from beginning to end. 

"You know what? I fully believe that this is you relaxed, Razz. You just need to learn how to do it properly." Skyler winked at Salem, quirking an eyebrow at the feline's 'bullshit' look. "First of all, you have to slouch. Like so." The sailor let her shoulders fall, choosing a nearby container to lean against in a debonair fashion. "See? Now you."

At Razz's question, Skyler raised her fingers to brush against the colorful stones around her neck, green and red mixing with ocean blue, amethyst, yellow and others. "Yes and no. My stones aren't exactly hoennian in origin. More like sailor superstition. In case, y'know, you go down to Davy Jones' Locker." Silver eyes peer up at both Razz and Lars. "At least you won't be alone." 

And with that, Captain Dross winked at the two rangers and put the wine bottle to her lips, taking a couple of generous gulps. She was about to sneakily grab hold of a baked good when the sound of choking startled her.

"Hook? Shit!"

The Reuniclus was starting to turn slightly purple around the edges, though Razz's timely reaction did seem to help somewhat. 

One Happiny, lots of flailing and an Aromatherapy later, Hook finally regained his normal blue hue, black eyes glaring at the green eggs as if they would grow fangs and attack him. They'd just poisoned him, so it was only fair.

Skyler huffed, not daring to meet Razz's or Lars' eyes. "Not. A. Word." 

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
wayfinders [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 10:51:50 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Of course I am relaxed," the young man protest in a mater of fact way, because clearly thats just how relaxed he was. "Properly?" Razz gives Skyler a questioning look as if she was the craziest person on earth. He watches as she slouches and ask him to do that same. Though he doesn't move to do so, "But that's bad for your back?" he gives her a suspicious look as if she was the craziest person on earth. [break][break]

"Turning twenty?" Razz repeats Lars for just a moment before it finally clicks, "Oh right I have a birthday in May don't I?" he nearly forgot about that, ah well that wasn't important either way. For now he'll continue to listen to the other about his so called 'outlook' on life. Honestly he doubted their outlooks on life were all that similar. Especially with his upbringing being farm from the usual in his opinion, but who knows what the other has been though. [break][break]

That's when the choking happens and Razz moved to action. Thankfully the other had a Happiny to help out. Razz would offer the Reuniclus some water to help recover from their terrible experience as well as a piece of the party sandwich to help get rid of the taste of their trainer's food. "You say that but... how do your pokemon eat?" Razz questions whether or not the joke is intentional is up in the air for the others to decide.

[break][break]