saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
counting mareep [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:02:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"what did you say your name was again?"

thunder cracks overhead. the clouds that loom are fluffy but dark, threatening a downpour if nature wills it. the longer they remain out in the wild, the more difficult their task would become. there are four mareep total, and they have retrieved a whopping zero.

"ever tracked pokemon before?"

[attr="class","noodles"]@open! // [x]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
silently judging everything
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:15:30 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

“Adam, in case you didn’t hear over the sound of the thunder,” he drawled as he squinted through the gloom as well.

Holy shit, with the weather going all bananas like this it was surely going to be a problem.

“Done somethin’ similar, but with Wooloo,” he added a few moments later. “Just gotta chase ‘em all down.”

And can be bloody exhausting too, he added to himself as he let out a sigh. Should be easy enough to find them before the weather turned foul, or so he hoped.

He was originally here for another traveler’s piece for his column however he’d gotten sidetracked—what better way to get more things to add to the article by adding some daily slice of life-related stuff to what he was planning to write?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:33:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"adam. happy to be working with you, adam."

lowering himself to a knee, matias examines a patch of dirt that looks to be disturbed. he nods at his partner, shrugging after.

"wooloo, mareep, same thing! two are down that way, by the way. come on."

without waiting for confirmation or a response, he starts walking in the direction, following the patches of disturbed dirt, that by this point have transformed into sluggish mud. each step is slow and tiresome and dirty.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:38:36 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

Having more pairs of eyes would be a good idea.

Quickly unballing his Braviary, the surprised avian let out a squawk before Adam held up a finger to silence it for a few moments.

“Help us look from up above,” he said, before the Braviary nodded and took off.

“More eyes, we can get this done faster,” he added with a slight rolling of his shoulder. Now that there was a clue as to where two of the missing sheep had gone, he followed.

…and each step was muddier than the last.

This was going to be a mess.

“They didn’t say if we had to clean them up when we return them, right?” he asked, slogging through the thick, churned slush.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:48:49 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"nope! not our job!"

eyes in the skies was smart, matias has to admit. he refrains from calling out any of his pokemon because he knows the likely outcome of two hulking pokemon chasing down small and evasive mareep.

up ahead, two shapes start to form. their once-white wool now look damp and tainted by brown splotches of dirt, not much different to their outfits. matias points to them.

"just jump on one of them. i trust you, adam. don't let me down!"

and with that, matias starts sprinting.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:56:10 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

“Let’s go,” he nodded with this unusually grim determination.

There was a reason why Adam secretly despised chasing Wooloo down—they rolled away so fast by the time one caught up to where they were, they had already rolled off in another direction.

Thankfully they were not chasing Wooloo, otherwise this would be another fresh hell straight out of Turffield.

“On it,” he continued as he dragged his feet out of the mud best as he could; finding purchase on the slippery ground. He too, breaks out into a run.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:01:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the thunder above helps drown out the booming footsteps of the sprinting cadet. mud splashes all around them, coating grass and dead leaves. by the time mareep turns its head, it's far too late to do anything but succumb to the sudden weight that lands atop it. it's too stunned to even let out a baa.

"i got mine!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:08:37 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

The weather did play to their advantage after all.

Adam caught sight of his Braviary coming back in their direction, but by this time he’d already taken a flying leap as well.

Without a single ounce of finesse or grace, his figure comes leaping towards the other Mareep, who could only let out a surprised bleat of noise before he finds himself face-first in a dirty, staticky coat of electrified wool.

“Bleh,” he grunted as he quickly removed his face, wrapping his arms around the Mareep as it let out a panicky noise.

“Got this one too. Guess my Braviary’s found the other two somewhere further down there,” he added, pointing with a tilt of his head as the approaching figure from the sky grew bigger upon approach.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:16:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]where matias walks away relatively clean, his partner is anything but. a grin creeps across his features as he approaches adam with a mareep in his arms.

"did you trip or something? actually—don't worry about it. here," he extends over a clean towel out of his backpack.

nodding at adam's words, matias starts walking back to the farm.

"don't mind me, i'm just going to small talk here, but what do you do for a living? i can't imagine you as a ranger, nor an officer. no offense."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:24:25 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

Adam was tempted to sass back with Galarian humor, but thankfully the Mareep in his arms was unresisting.

“Thank you,” he remarked as he reached for the towel. His Mareep was maybe slightly bigger than the other one they’d wrangled so far, but as long as he kept a secure hold on the one wiggling around his arm, he was sure they weren’t going to hop away.

“Oh, me? ‘was originally a mercenary for hire. Guess that isn’t a thing outside of Galar, apparently,” he answered. While his other hand was wiping down his face, he took a few seconds to gather his thoughts.

“I write travel columns now. ‘s not much, but it pays for the food and accommodations. How ‘bout you?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:31:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]one final thunder cracks. with the brief few seconds they have left until the rain drowns their senses, he turns to his partner and smiles.

"i'm just a cadet in the league. at least for now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 4:54:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: