he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,414 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 1:25:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was an idyllic scene; the beautiful green hills were complemented by the clear blue sky. The sun was at just the right angle to not get in one’s eyes, a gentle breeze blew through the air. The weather was warm, but not too hot; one could wear just about whatever they wanted without feeling discomfort.

And who was there to enjoy this wonderful weather? Ah, yes; Hideo, a girl he was told was from his school, and his ten-foot tall overprotective dragon that was helping supervise their little picnic.

His Ariados was there too, sitting right next to him as she always preferred.

Truth be told, he didn’t know much about @zora ; apart from going to the same school, he didn’t know anything about her. Then again, he was mostly stuck to a special program for blind children, so apart from a few students he met outside of school, his social circle was very limited.

All he knew for sure was she was around his age.

Could you pass me a sandwich, Zora?” Hideo asked. “I think there’s some beef ones in there. Any of them should be fine.

Unbeknownst to him, their picnic was already starting to draw some attention from wild Pokemon. But they were biding their time for now.

"You do these picnics often?" he asked - hoping to spark some amount of conversation.

@zora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 3:34:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She’d never talked to Hideo. He was a grade under her—very young. Different class, too. Zora hardly noticed anyone, anyways.

An Oddish sat in her lap, leaves pulled lightly up through a hand repetitively as though petting a cat. She was uneasy in the face of what she saw as a plight: Hideo’s blindness; something foreign, and not understood.

She stared, trying to make sense of it.

“Uh—yeah! Sure.” Reached for one. “Here ya go.”

The sandwich was handed over and the Oddish sprang up at her shift in position, running off a bit into the field. Her eyes followed it, but she didn’t move from their spot. “Um, nope! This is my first one. You?”

“HUEY! GET BACK HERE!”

The Oddish turned with a start.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,414 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 21:21:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo eagerly accepted the sandwich put in his hand, bringing it to his mouth and taking a bite out as soon as Zora let go. Perfect balance of crunch and flavor; just as he liked it. “Thanks,” he said, mouth still half-full of bread, beef, and lettuce.

He could hear something run along the picnic blanket. Sounded small and light, which didn’t narrow down much; there were plenty of Pokemon out there, newborn or fully evolved, that were that small. But neither of his Pokemon seemed overly concerned about the runner, so it must’ve been one of Zora’s.

Still, it wasn’t a good idea to let a little Pokemon run around in the wild. Who knew what was lurking in the grass?

Gramps, you mind keeping an eye on her Huey?” The Drampa blinked, looking over at the wandering Oddish. He grunted, slowly making his way over to the other Pokemon, making sure it didn’t run off too far.

Back to Zora’s question. “Well, it’s my first time doing one of these without my parents,” Hideo said, taking another bite out of his sandwich. “They usually just bring me to picnics like this and don't let me do much, so it's kinda nice doing this by myself. Of course, that ain’t saying I’m completely alone.

He reached over to his Ariados, his hand meeting her back. He brushed lightly against her, getting a series of happy chirps from the large spider.  "So what kind of Pokemon is Huey? He sounds like a small one."

@zora
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 21:18:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The Oddish only stared back at its young trainer for a moment before turning to run off further, bobbing in blue glimpses on its small legs. Leaves shook above blades of grass to keep its location apparent. When the Drampa got closer, however, it darted into even taller cover. Mischievous. ‘Oddish!’

“Ahhh, whatever.” Zora waved, taking her weight back off of a considering wrist, having been about to run after her partner. At his explanation of limited independence, she nodded uselessly. “Ah. Gotcha.” She wondered if that was because he was too young or too blind, but felt uncomfortable asking.

With hands fully free, Zora took a sandwich and bit into it. She eyed the Ariados curiously, and answered through with mouth full: “Nn. Huey’sh n Oddish.” Chew, chew, swallow. “You call your Drampa Gramps?”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,414 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 23:40:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Gramps let out a deep sigh, watching as the Oddish ran away as he approached. This wasn’t going to be an easy day for him, he could tell.

Still, he tried his best to keep an eye on the Oddish, even as it ran further into tall grass. Gramps groaned; this was one of the most dangerous places the little guy could’ve run off to. Who knew what lied in wait to ambush some unaware Pokemon?

Well, one decided to show itself; a Ladyba emerged from the tall grass, staring straight at Gramps. Gramps would have completely ignored it, had it not decided to fire a String Shot at him. It managed to wrap around his lower neck - barely slowing down the massive dragon. He glared at the little bug, and promptly removed it from the area - by slapping it with his head, the Ladyba flying off with a cry.

While the Drampa was back to keeping an eye out for the Oddish, Hideo was busy enjoying the picnic.

Yup.” Another bite out of the sandwich - after offering a piece to his Ariados, who happily devoured it. “Ash long ash I know who’sh who, any name’sh good. And if they like it.” Squeeze, for example, did not like the name “Clingy”. Hence why she was Squeeze.

Simple shtuff’s easy to remember anyways. It can be hard to remember hard namesh when you gotta remember what they should and feel like.” He finally swallowed what he was chewing - table manners (or rather, picnic manners) weren’t his strong suit. “It’s probably a lot easier to tell them apart when you can see them. I got a Beheeyem that kinda helps me with that, but he’s not always around.

A long-winded, half-assed way to pretend he didn’t just suck at nicknames.

@zora
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 22:48:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The only evidence of the Oddish’s location became merely a slight break in grass which zig-zagged about, further and further away. Soon, another headed towards it—and it was not Gramps. Gramps was busy with his own assaulter.

Through the tall grass, a voice came. ‘Ekanssssss…’

The Oddish spun around, frozen in place and succumbing to a panic. ‘Odd… Oddish?’

Meanwhile, at the picnic, sandwiches were much enjoyed. She chewed and listened, usually not possessing such an attention span but utterly captivated by Hideo’s rarity and full of questions.

“Huh.” She supposed. “I’ve never met a Beheeyem before…” Maybe he had it with him this time? If not, maybe they would have another picnic some time, and he’d show her then.

Falling away from lighter topics, she cut to the chase. Curiosity needed sated. “Have you ever been able to see?”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,414 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 23:06:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Gramps grumbled; this Oddish was not making things easy for him. He wasn't able to catch sight of it, but he could definitely see the tall grass shifting as something moved through it.

But he tensed up once he heard something else shifting through the grass, saying its name.

Gramps' head darted into the tall grass, right where he heard the sound. He grasped the first thing he felt with his mouth, pulling it out of the grass with haste. As he lifted it up, he found his quarry had been the Ekans, who he managed to grab by the neck. The small snake tried to struggle its way out, but the size difference was far too great.

It was fortunate, then, that Gramps could recognize this little Pokemon was just trying to survive, to get a meal of its own. So he'd be merciful, merely tossing it a couple dozen meters away.

With that out of the way, he'd investigate where he'd heard the Oddish.

Back at the more peaceful picnic, Hideo was finishing up his sandwich. "You've never seen one? My Beheeyem's almost a meter tall - but like half of that is his forehead - and he's kinda human-shaped. He's got hands, but he's got three little buttons on his palm instead of fingers, and people tell me they light up or blink when he's using his psychic powers." It was the best explanation he could give. Hopefully it'd be enough.

As for her next question...he was actually fairly used to people asking about his lack of sight. Especially kids closer to his age. So the first part of his answer was quick and simple, without much emotion or effort put into it: "Nope."

Now onto the details, and his tone was still fairly dull. "Been blind my whole life. It's 'cause of something called an 'optic nerve malformation'. Which means it's a problem with my brain, not my eyes. I can still move them and feel them, but they don't do much other than look pretty - or so I've heard." He couldn't resist smirking at his little joke there.

"Like, I don't even see stuff in my dreams. I hear people that didn't start blind can still see stuff in their dreams. The closest I can get to seeing is my Beheeyem telepathically telling me stuff, but that's more like me knowing where stuff is relative to me. Like I already touched them and know how big they are or what they're shaped like."

@zora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 22:14:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The Oddish was still frozen except for the shiver of fear as the Ekans slithered closer. ‘Oddish…’

However, the Drampa disappeared it with a scoop of his great maw, tossing it away with ease. The snake flew and landed unceremoniously in a further part of the grass. ‘EKANS!’

A smile spread across the Oddish’s face. ‘Oddish!’ It ran to its savior, jumping at his feet appreciatively. All hail Gramps the Great and Powerful, slayer of snakes.

Hideo's description of the Beheeyem was loosely followed while her face wrinkled with itching bewilderment. Hideo seemed to know an awful lot about what things looked like for a kid who couldn’t see. Was she missing something?

Optic nerve malformation. A problem with his brain. Dang. Was he just really nervous? How did that make someone blind? She got nervous sometimes… Uh-oh. Probably a question for Mom.

She kept listening, and curiosity kept pinging. “Relative to you? Are you… related to your Beheeyem?” What he said had made sense. That had answered the first question. On to another. Was that on his mom's side or his dad's side? Which one was also surely blind and just as nervous as Hideo? Did that have anything to do with Beheeyem?

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,414 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 0:11:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The giant noodle dragon had successfully saved the Oddish from the small noodle lizard. And frustrated as he was, Gramps felt a tinge of satisfaction as the Oddish finally returned to him, a smile finding its way on his face.

But it was time to get out of the tall grass and back to their trainers, before any other predators saw fit to make a meal out of them. He'd gently urge the Oddish forward by pointing to the others with his head: if that wasn't enough, he'd gently push the Oddish along instead.

Back at the picnic, Hideo was caught off guard by Zora's question, putting down the tart slice he was just about to take a bite out of. It took him a few seconds to process what she asked.

"Related to...what?" He was completely baffled at how she made that connection - unaware it was due to his own wording. "No, he's not related to me! I got him as a gift for eighth birthday! And he was just an Elgyem back then. There's no way I'm related to him!"

Not that it was unheard of for someone to be related to a Pokemon; Hideo knew was technically related to one, though that was more because Andy's uncle became a Yamask after what Hideo assumed was an untimely demise.

And becoming a ghost Pokemon was way more plausible than a psychic Pokemon like an Elgyem.

His Ariados started chittering - the closest she could get to giggling. Seeing him get defensive over something so silly gave her a good laugh.

Hideo knew he had to change the subject, before he blushed himself into further embarrassment. "So what about you? You get that Oddish as a gift, or are you related to him?"

@zora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 0:11:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Huey the Oddish was glad to do as suggested by Gramps the Great. It went in the direction it was told, waddling towards the picnic spot and out of tall grass danger.

Meanwhile, Zora wrinkled her nose, confused. Words were strange.

“Huh.” She responded, unsure of how to go about stringing together further questions.

Another bite was taken from the sandwich in her hands, chewing as she mulled over the multitude of thoughts Hideo had given her today.

She waved at the returning pokemon as they came over a hill and out of tall grass. “Huey!”

At Hideo’s question, she shot a look, only to realize he wouldn’t catch it. “Are you bullying me right now?”

The picnic would continue, and a friendship would perhaps blossom. The two growing trainers would learn things, but not nearly enough for curious young minds. Perhaps the next excursion would prove more enlightening, now that the ice had been broken.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Midmorning Munchies [M]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 6:36:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@zora