Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 12:20:08 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

It's an odd feeling, respect.

As far as records went Sharp was still just a grunt bridging on associate, but word of his work with the underboss , his burgeoning friendship with , the associate turned gym leader, and the fact he reported directly to had left impressions among many in the base. Even if the respect garnered was only given proportionally due to the names surrounding him it was respect all the same.

He navigates through the north wing pointedly each turn memorized hallways once foreign and mazelike had become something of second nature to the man. Today he'd get to work with someone he'd admired in the organization he scientific acumen was arguably unparalleled and today he was set to work alongside her a privilege not many scientists knew and one Miles planed to take full advantage of.

He enters her lab cautiously eyes darting around to see what exactly his fellow scientist had been holed up working on, preemptively attempting to figure out his use to the good doctor. That said his focus and guard were in his own eyes warranted, He'd only heard the woman talk in passing admonishing Glitch for bathtime shenanigans. Even in a scenario that outlandish the woman radiated intensity. Still, his voice rings even, his words to the point.

"Miles Sharp, I'm your second today Dr. Flint."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 4:40:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Sharp. Sharp was a good word. Sharp even boded well, unlike some other names. Sharp called her Doctor.

Her face twisted in a way which tried to hide itself. No, don’t ruin it. Instead, he got what no one ever got: a toothy smile which probably just looked happy to see him. And it was, honestly. Because thank fuck, they’d finally directly sent her someone supposedly competent, and she hadn’t had to track them down and stalk them for weeks.

“Oh, you can call me Lulu.” Feeling more civilized than usual, she held out a hand. “Good to meet you, Miles.” Straight to first name basis. They were going to be working in close quarters on very, very expensive equipment that might kill them, so, might as well.

“I’ve heard good things from Mr. Clayton. I’ve been collaborating with him on his generator. As you know, we’re on the cusp of something revolutionary. I’m very curious to hear about your research.” Her eyes flashed at him something like recognizing her own breed; communicating that this, indeed, was the area of the ship he belonged in.

She turned back to her own work, spinning a design of one of the basic key components of their prototype—the bones—and then waving a hand past to scroll to the next, and the next. “This is just a drafting program. I’ve been working on simplifying some of the basic parts of the machine, that way they can be universal for successive models, and… whatever related projects the future may hold, I suppose.” It had become something of a meditative project; something she often fell back on when the more intensive work of the machine’s functions had frustrated her. She looked over at him. “I’m having fun with it, but most people don’t seem to, so why don’t you tell me what interests you, and perhaps we can work around that today.”

She admitted, “I don’t sleep much. I've got plenty of other time to tinker with my designs.”

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 11:05:13 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

He doesn't hesitate in reaching for his fellow scientist's hand. in fact, that smile rang contrary to everything he'd heard about the quoted, 'coffee guzzling, cigarette swallowing, insomniac, demoness that lurked in the darkest depths of the submarine labs threatening to consume any and all poor grunts that dared encroach upon her den.

No in fact she seemed normal, Miles would even go as far as to regard his fellow scientist as 'pretty fucking cool' at least in his head. Even more, he didn't expect the woman to inquire about his own projects so early on in their time together. "It's a pleasure Lulu." and he means it surprisingly enough. "We work in the same vein, and to be entirely honest a few of your previous prototypes and theories have helped further a few of my own projects in recent days. It's something of an honor to formally meet you." It was also nice to hear Oscar thought highly of Miles since the beginning of their partnership, it meant there was reason to continue, though he supposes his being here with Lulu was proof enough of that already.

Reducing the resources used and standardizing technology was a major goal of all creators. Reducing the cost it took to make inventions, finding the best materials used, and scaling it down to a form easier to use made their work more marketable to all who wanted or need their work. "Well, the generator can and will change the way all of Hoenn will do energy. To be completely honest there's nothing I'd like more than to get an eye on the internals and start dancing with the beast myself so to speak. I'm sure you can relate but I'm at my best when I'm in the heart of creation." And she is able to relate, he can understand her insomnia, when one was dedicated to a project like she was sleep was secondary at best and completely irrelevant at worst. "Though I can't cosign that on account of your health, I can't say the mentality is foreign to me. Inspiration oft comes at the oddest hours and I'll be damned if I don't put them to use immediately."

His eyes glaze over the generator while they converse, he'd seen it from afar a time or two, but this is the closest he's ever been. He was dying to get his hands in there to inspect the item he'd read documents upon documents about penned by both Lulu and Oscar, and if things went well today hopefully he'd pen some documents of his own concerning the creation. "I have to say even from the shell alone it's a magnificent beast." He could spend another hour admiring it, but he had his own projects to speak on.

"There are two primary projects that I'm working on that have begun to bear fruit. The first is heavily dependent on this beauty. It's simple in theory but containers for the energy processed by the generator. Infinity energy as you know is unlike any other resource on this planet, and while its capabilities are unparalleled containing it, and more over being able to access it in ones daily life are aspects that of the project I've begun to build upon. Though I must admit much of my success is due to 's willingness to work as my test subject." He begins his explanation making note to cut off any superfluous information as he begins. He'd hand an assortment of drafts and designs neatly stapled to his boss. Complete with diagrams and write-ups, as well as details on how much of the energy he'd been able to contain from his trials with Chu-e in essence he'd created a conductivity chart for infinity energy. "My goal, not unlike your own is to have these devices mass produced once the generator is online. To transplant your technology with these battery packs immediately would secure GMH's monopoly on infinity energy before Silph can even make it to the market. More importantly we'd be able to distribute these in mass to communities in need, as we both know there are many."

He realizes only then how long he's been talking, and he'd yet to even talk about his second project which admittedly was more personal. "I apologize, perhaps it'd be best to chat over a cup of dirt?"

Holy shit he missed this.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 2:04:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Oh, stop it.”

This was unlike her, but it was becoming more like her lately, wasn’t it? Perhaps ’s influence had done some good, after all. Smiling and caring enough to shake hands were big professional steps. Fernando had emboldened her in more ways than one.

“It’s good to hear that my work’s been inspiring, truly.”

Recognition felt great. Really great.

She itched to be in the limelight, if only to further pry open the world’s brains and resources and piece it all together in what was meant to be. Collaboration was one crucial key to success, and this was what Rocket had given her: a team and a valuable lesson. No longer did she spend most of her time, tinkering away by her lonesome in a dingy apartment. She was usually on the submarine these days, working amongst the smartest minds which society had turned their backs on. Commanding. Leading.

It was becoming her new life. A new purpose. Though her growing-infamous rage was now feared in pairing with her powers, she tended to be all bark. , , and the other younger Rockets—those who found they could draw out her elusive softer side—would know well enough. She’d found her family. In addition to , of course.

She was here for two things: The Team, and to make as much money as she possibly could. Maybe it would fill the other void.

Her bemused smile only grew at his mention of cosigning on her health choices. Darkrai’s powers kept her awake for days on end, punctuated only by brief naps. It wasn’t work which plagued her with the frequent bags under her eyes—although it certainly had before her avatarship, to a normal human extent, of course. The only evidence of rest was false, and meant she had recently drained someone of their dreams to fuel her lifeforce. No, really.

“Your compliments are appreciated, Miles. Our teams have been working tirelessly on refining the technology. I can hardly take credit for it all myself.” Really, a lot of the credit could have gone to scientists who did not work on the sub at all, whose research had been stolen unbeknownst to them. But who cared about those poor fucks? “The one you’re looking at is still just a prototype. We are getting there, though.” Her smile continued to twitch some at his enthusiasm. Like him, she was having fun already. “I like the idea of battery packs. I wouldn’t say we’re too far off from accomplishing something like that. So many possibilities, really. Not sure how much immediacy we’re capable of, but I’d certainly be willing to sit down and draft some ideas with you.”

“But you’re right. The faster we move, the better. I hear you're from Devon, so, I guess you should know better than anyone.” Words came out a bit insensitive, true colors flashing. She neither backpedaled nor excused herself.

At coffee, Lulu gave the only response she ever would: “Of course.” She headed towards a nearby office with a break table and a coffeemaker. Beside it were various mismatched porcelain mugs, many of them with cheeky jokes or random scientific elements. He’d know it if he’d been working there any amount of time.

She went to pour herself a cup, giving him room to do the same and lingering. “What are you doing with , if you don’t mind my asking?”

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 21:18:04 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

He stares at the liquid in his mug it's as dark as night, but in it he can see days long since passed. He's a different person now, no longer the student or the employee, no, now he's a terrorist with what Rocket considers a lucrative hobby, or at least that's what her earlier comment draws from him.

"It's a bit primitive, but I've been having him battle with others on the ship particularly those who've unlocked mega evolution. When my prospects release the energy I have devices attached and set aside that attempt to capture the energy before it dissipates in the atmosphere. Due to the primitivity of the method and the underbosses has other obligations, I can only push so hard." Not that he'd even want to push the man harder, Chu-e believed in Miles' work and to ask more from him would be as ungrateful as it would be unethical.

He brings the mug to his mouth the liquid cooling now, "Even with Clayton's favor I'm lacking in resources. For the bit of prestige, I've managed to acquire amidst the organization, I'm still a new hire, or at least relatively so." It was the nature of the game, and he's found at least some modicum of peace with his position at the moment. "Anyways, in my testing, I have different vessels out and linked to both the mega and keystones used in the process. Upon completion of the process, I receive relatively clear results concerning what material serves best. I cross-examine that with materials that can be feasibly used in the field a spreadsheet later and you have my research, there's little else to it. There's much more headway to make as there are tens of hundreds of other materials to test, and I've been building these on my own for the most part. I've tested 103 types of conductors at the moment and they're all ranked in the packet."

There's a measure of pride as he explains what he'd done with the underboss, then again the science is the only thing pushing him forward these days. This idea that somehow his ideas and work would make a difference in the world at large, that one day people of all kinds would benefit from his work, that was worth his labor and moreover his life.

"There is no immediate in our field, it's something we know well, but success often lies in preparation, no?" He places the mug down,

"Now, you know this submarine would sink before I turned down any insights you cared to share."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 23:50:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She gave a smile at the friendly bow with which he tied up his ideas. “Seems we’re paralleling each other, Miles. Great minds.” Her mug was lifted at him, before sipped. and I conducted a similar experiment a couple of months ago. The mega stone was activated multiple times, until we were able to properly time an impact upon its reaction and cause it to explode. The experiment had its pros and cons. Unfortunately, as controlled as the environment was, the need for catalysts of other energy made it difficult to get a clear reading of the waves.” She paused, recollecting, “You said that you were able to activate the stones with your test subjects in separate vessels? If that's the case, I'd be interested in reading your results and hearing about the process.”

Another sip. “And I’m especially interested in hearing about the materials you’ve tested, although,” A small chuckle. “We may have some overlap there. Materials have been one of my focuses these few months. Actually, I tend to take that obsession home with me.” She recalled nights in a run-down apartment, sparks flying off Megalopolan metal at 3 AM. It was all for more than just conductivity, though. She’d been looking for the right things for her own projects. They all had dreams, right? Lulu wanted time travel. But she wasn’t about to tell anyone that.

“I appreciate someone who takes the initiative, Miles. As far as my insight goes, I have a feeling I’ll have plenty of time to give it over the course of our working together. From the sounds of it, GMH is fortunate to have you. Welcome aboard.”

“Speaking of which, don’t joke about the sub sinking.” She shook her head lightly. “Just don’t it.” Her green eyes stared briefly into an unpleasant memory, not so long ago.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 22:41:41 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

He sips, "My research is yours to do with as you will." A fresh set of eyes would do him good, not to mention there was a level of pride he took in those results; sharing it with someone who understood was just as much for himself as it was for the research. He too had the pride of scientist. Upon her mention of bringing work home Miles chuckles, it was another trait they shared. In truth he didn't give a shit for Rocket's use of the energy, the technology could change the way Hoenn operated as a whole and solve a number of issues that plagued the region, even the world at large. If rocket didn't release the knowledge to the public of its own accord Miles would make sure it got out there, that was a given, albeit an unadvertised one.

"This sounds like the beginning of a beautiful partnership if there ever was one." Another sip and eyes move from the woman into what little remained of the abyssal liquid. "And noted." he can't imagine why, or perhaps he can, but chooses not to dwell on it lest he fear for his own safety, after all, there were a number of bodies on this ship and many lacked even the barest amount of common sense.

"I am curious though if you don't mind me asking. How exactly did they get you?" There's a sharpness in his eyes as he meets his fellow scientist's gaze. What exactly was Lulu doing here, for all intents and purposes a scientist without peer here on the sub, above ground she could be working with twice the resources and multitudes of teams under her finger, what exactly did Rocket have that the surface world couldn't offer.

"I suppose it's bad form, but I can't help but be curious. judging by your acumen, work ethic, and technical knowledge I can think of little reason you'd confine yourself down here." The same could be said for himself, to be entirely honest. "Of course, I don't mean to push you, we all have our reasons." For all his compliments and respect Miles too has a bit of an edge, he couldn't have made it this far without one.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
The Price of Progress
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 2:54:17 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: