awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 17:58:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Okay, whoever the hell had decided to suddenly dump a whole crapload of eggs that needed delivering to other places around the region seriously didn’t plan this shit well.

There was a surplus of eggs, however there was an incredible dearth of couriers available to deliver them to where they needed to go.

It just had to happen around the same time big sales for online shops were ongoing, and therefore majority of the couriers were focused on delivering packages.

“Wait, what the fuck—” he said as he was unceremoniously handed a bunch of eggs by one of the harried Daycare assistants, along with an address somewhere in Rustboro, specifically the Trainer’s School.

He blinked at the handful of eggs.

They didn’t even bother putting them in an Incubator, what the fuck! He thought angrily, before the same assistant returned with a handful of Incubators.

“Well, gee, thank hell you realized,” he muttered to himself, grumbling as he then placed each egg carefully into the Incubator before heading out to where he’d parked his motorbike.

Holy shit today was going to be a long day, huh.

have some delivery pandemonium breaking out

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 7:12:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"we seem to keep running into each other, lars. why is that?"

matias speaks, approaching the motorbike. as opposed to lars who is practically overwhelmed with eggs, matias has nothing weighing him down. he extends a free hand over, gesturing.

"let me help."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 17:22:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Today is going to be a nightmare, I’m sure of it,” he said without looking up—at least until he identified the owner of the voice.

Thankful the other man was there, he then hefted one of the incubators in his direction, passing it over.

“Some stupid online store decided to have a huge sale, and now most of the other couriers are being diverted to deliver those packages,” he said with a minute sigh.

Tilting his head back in the direction of the Daycare, he sighed again.

“Which left everything else, like these egg deliveries, high and dry. It’ll be a long day,” he added as he placed the other incubator on the motorbike for a few moments before pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Need to haul these eggs to the Trainer’s School over in Rustboro.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 7:28:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias eyes the incubator, then the motorbike. he shakes his head after, dismissing the idea.

"what's the rush? it's a nice day out. let's walk there."

a burst of white light follows and from it materializes a machoke, its build ideal for a menial task like this. he gestures to the fighting-type.

"come on, lars."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 15:54:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He then eyed the other man with a bit of skepticism for a few moments.

Lars had a pretty good idea of how motorbikes ended up stolen and chopped for parts on the black market for spare parts, and didn’t want to risk leaving his bike all the way out here.

“Alright, that’s fair. Although give me a bit when we pass through Verdanturf, have to park my bike near my flat first. That alright with you?”

The rest of the sentence he completed in his head, ‘Because I don’t want anyone to get their hands on this thing, I built it myself and no way in shit am I going to hunt down all the parts again in case someone steals it!’

At least their delivery site wasn’t too far away, so they could take their time.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 7:28:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"that's fine."

machoke, seeming to realize what's expected of it today, begins stretching in preparation. it flexes its muscles, stretching its fibres to ensure an injury-free day.

"lead the way."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 20:11:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Thankfully the Daycare wasn’t too far from Verdanturf proper. Soon enough Lars had stepped back into the idyllic little town, before taking a left down several paths and eventually coming to a stop near his place.

Once he’d hefted the motorbike back to where he would normally park it, he then picked up the incubator that had the egg of who-knew-what Pokémon they were going to deliver and returned to where Matias awaited with his Machoke.

“I don’t know how you like handling these kinds of things,” he began once he’d returned to where the other awaited, before leading the way once more.

“You sure you don’t mind doing menial work?”

To himself, he added, I mean, your brother kind of hates doing shit like this, and always pawns it off on his lackeys, so… he thought while taking his time and just enjoying the sights.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 7:53:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's a while before lars returns but when he does, matias turns away from people watching the sidewalk and meets the head ranger.

"it's a nice distraction every once in a while. and they seem to be short-handed, too."

his gaze drifts towards the daycare, then back to lars.

"right. any idea how long a walk it's going to be?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 19:44:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“As long as we don’t encounter any idiots in the Rusturf Tunnel or any Whismur that’re looking for validation in said tunnel, then it should be a short enough trip through there. I know a shortcut through the route on the other side of the tunnel so we don’t have to wade through the grass, for all it’s worth.”

Yes, once upon a time, Lars frequently trod through those paths to visit a certain establishment within the city (which was sadly closed as the owner was nowhere to be found) and would spend as much time there as possible, delaying the inevitable before having to go back to his flat in Verdanturf.

Shit, how long had it been since he’d heard from that man, anyway?

He then stole a look at his incubator and had to wonder what Pokémon this was going to be.

“The kids at the Trainer’s School are going to make a project out of raising these eggs, I think. At least that’s my guess,” he said, musing out loud as he wondered what kind of Pokémon they’d ordered to request for deliveries like this.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 16:05:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"not sure how much activity they can make out of it. it's like watching grass grow once the egg's in an incubator."

the two of them start walking, and it doesn't take too long until the entrance to rusturf tunnel comes into view.

"that it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 11:29:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You got a point there,” he hummed as the Rusturf tunnel entrance came into view.

“Yeah, that’s it. Pretty quick walk through there. As long as there aren’t any Whismur wanting attention we’re in the clear,” he gestured as he took the lead into the dimly-lit cave.

The fresh air from outside was replaced with the damp, musty smell of wet rock. That was one of the reasons he didn’t like passing through the place—and then the distant wails of Whismur who were most likely hiding somewhere rang out.

“Like those,” he said shortly as he avoided crashing into a broken stalagmite that had fallen over on one side.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 17:14:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]eventually, they make their way into rusturf tunnel, allowing darkness to surround them. but he doesn't mind; if anything, he feels comfortable. it shows in the way his shoulders are lax instead of tense.

"seems fairly quiet."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 3:49:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“They’re quiet now. Wait until the evening,” he mused, skirting around more fallen boulders and taking the shortest route possible.

The smell of the musty cave mostly annoyed him—it really did remind him of wet rock after a rainstorm.

“The racket picks up in the evenings. Or when there’s something threatening their safety. Usually the latter. But none of that’s happened lately.”

He shifted his weight around a few, readjusting his hold on the incubator in his hands. Eventually, they would reach the other side of the cavern, and out into the forested path leading to Rustboro.

“Wait, I know a shortcut.”

Rather than traversing through the grass, Lars instead pointed out another route free of overgrowth, and leads the way through there, eventually skipping most of the forested area and finally arriving at the outskirts of the city.

“We’re almost done.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 8:26:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias doesn't mind the smell.

they make their way through the tunnel without much trouble and soon beak into a clearing that leads into the forest. following lars' lead to the shortcut, they soon arrive at the outskirts of the city.

"almost."

after another short walk, they arrive at their destination.

"good working with you, lars. 'til next time."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
add to cart [m][sos]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 3:51:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: