Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 3:36:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Were they serious?

Lulu had been on her way out of the sub on a mission when she’d been notified: her guard would be joining her shortly.

She was dumbfounded. Her position was one of power, and that made her a target—that much was understandable. But… really? There were some who now thought of her as a demi-god, and that was a bit much, but the fact that it was a thought in the world surely had to stand for something. Had to warrant the look on her face when she set eyes on the man (see: presumably normal human man) who had shown up to ‘guard’ her that day.

“The bloody hell is this?”

Her condescending stare would tell clear as day that the scientist did not put much stock in what he had going on inside his head. She instead reached up to boldly pinch at a meaty arm. “Bet I could kick your ass.”

Eyes which were clearly taking the piss looked him up and down and cackled a little. “No no… if I kill myself because I can’t live with these idiots anymore, does that mean you're fired, or dead?” A hand reached for a cigarette, despite laboratory rules. She had unidentified feelings to quell.

close tab

played by

light

nukenin, ranger killer
he/him
thirty-two
october 31st
fuchsia city, kanto
pansexual
contract killer
grunt
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
16 posts
mugen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mugen
mugen
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 4:18:05 GMT
mugen Avatar
[attr="class","light"] "ossu."

a grape-flavored sucker could be seen at the corner of his mouth. a nonchalant demeanor was presented before the ravenette that stood in front of him. anger had been their returned greeting. he could do nothing but watch and listen as the abhorrent scientist spewed nothing but a tone-deafening statement that was followed by, what he could only assume, a question.

all mugen could do was stare at the woman for a short second. afterward, he would burst into a laughter as his right hand came to cusp his mouth. "you're a funny broad, haha!" a bit of an eccentric. she jumped from being angry, daring, and now contemplative about her death or something? "ah man, women really are strange creatures." mugen could only wonder if satan's river was afloat or something. she was feisty from just his presence being here.

"look, if i had the option to head out and do my own thing i would. but the order came straight from the man himself."

if she had a problem with it she could take it up with him. "besides, it's not like you're the only one. don't you have a partner-in-crime that's suppose to be here?" mugen questioned, pondering the whereabout of the other head scientist. though, aside from that, he'd watch as she partook in a fresh fag. "oi, let me bum one off of you crazy lady." he'd point to the cigarette. caring not as to whether she liked him or not.

"i'll let you insult me some more for one. i like a woman with moxie." oh and he forgot to answer the head scientist's question. "by the way, don't kill over and die. i actually like being paid minimal effort for boring jobs like this."

note:

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 325px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #a681af[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 5:14:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Women really are strange creatures.

Her smirk flatlined to a look of contempt, and the fingers reaching for the pack of cigarettes gripped them too roughly. She pulled the consequentially broken one from the box and handed it to him.

At the mention of , Lulu snorted insolently. “I don’t know. I’m not his keeper.” Again, she couldn’t help amusement which bubbled out of nowhere at his expense. “Looks like you are, now.”

“Moxie, mm?” Attention returned to a much-needed smoke, teeth biting down on a tan filter irately. With the spin of a silver wheel, a flame glowed the end of an awk-angled, but unbroken cigarette. She then snapped the lighter shut, as though he might need to find his own way to light his partly-snapped-off come-up.

Cutting green eyes and regarding him a moment longer, she then turned and walked into a nearby office, leaving him to follow, or not. “You have no idea how strange I am, mate.” She’d return either way, but she kept talking. “And don’t think I won’t be taking advantage of this shit. I’ll put you to work, either way.”

Perhaps unseen, but not unheard: “WHAT’S YOUR NAME, OR SHOULD I JUST CALL YOU MEATHEAD?”

close tab

played by

light

nukenin, ranger killer
he/him
thirty-two
october 31st
fuchsia city, kanto
pansexual
contract killer
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
16 posts
mugen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mugen
mugen
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 19:43:33 GMT
mugen Avatar
[attr="class","light"]unless they had a cloning machine. mugen was not able to be in two places at once. whichever scientist found him or he found first became his priority. whatever happened to the other? well, that was between them and god. accepting the tarnished snout. he would give the cigarette a look that said, the fuck am i suppose to do with this? it was as if the scientist was taunting him with her perfectly straightened bud. she may as well have said "make it enough" or something if she was gonna act like this.

tossing the bud over his shoulder. mugen followed the the odious character, weapons in tow and balls on belt. hands were risen over his head and clasped together. a nonchalant look worn as he listened to her talk. "you can call me whatever you want, not like you wire my fundin'." he would add, "name's 'mugen'. that should be enough to remember for a brainiac right, angry beauty?" mugen snickered.

whether she responded to his witty remark or not, he would follow up with a question of his own, "put me to work? you need me to kill someone already? i just got to hoenn." he was aware of the rumor back in kanto about hoenn's league giving them trouble. "is it someone from the league?" he grinned. his scar tensed with a passionate burn upon slightly touching it. the thought of getting into an altercation with a member of the league filled him with riveting joy.

note:

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 325px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 3:13:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Why had they wanted them to have guards? Having had a hit put out on her already once before, it might have been cause for outright alarm and panic, however Darkrai had ironically washed away many of her fears. Still, if not scary, it was at least a bit worrisome.

He dished it back, and although normally Lulu was a person who appreciated that, this situation was denting her ego, and she was showing teeth. What else was a bitch to do? “SURE. MUGEN. RIGHT. TELL YA WHAT.” She came back out of the office, still puffing her smoke and voice returning to a normal volume. “I’ll call you ‘Mugen’, if you promise not to call me ‘Angry Beauty’ ever again. My name is Lulu.”

Her return was without lab coat and with a few of her own pokeballs strapped to a beltloop. His weaponry didn’t go unnoticed, and her eyes lingered over it. She’d assisted in fitting plenty of assassins and mercenaries in Kanto, having ‘retired’ from a weapon smuggling ring herself, which had functioned almost exclusively between there and Galar.

“That’s not what I meant, Mugen. Are you sure you’re not the crazy one?” The scientist deadpanned and sniffed. “I’m—” Paused to watch him grin and wrinkle her nose. Psycho. We’re going to go talk to an old scientist, and they might not be happy to see me. So…” she considered, “Suppose you may actually get the opportunity to get your hands dirty if that’s what you’re into, but at least try to keep it in your pants unless it’s necessary.” … Actually, “Or if they’re an asshole, then I guess have at it.” If she didn't have to do it, why not?

Eyes watched him play with his scar, never having been abashed about staring. After a moment: “Why does Walsh think I need a guard?” Really, though. What was going on? She couldn't turn him away if this was what the Boss wanted, but it would feel less insulting if she could be told a good reason for such an assignment.

close tab

played by

light

nukenin, ranger killer
he/him
thirty-two
october 31st
fuchsia city, kanto
pansexual
contract killer
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
16 posts
mugen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mugen
mugen
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 6:33:11 GMT
mugen Avatar
[attr="class","light"]the armed guard had been so infatuated with a fantasy that mugen gad almost missed the rocket scientist's next words. it was only until the end did the ecstasy gained out of his joyful elation became soured, tainted. all by the mere fact of learning the individual had not been league related. if his target was an individual that had little to no correlation with the league? there was a high chance the individual in question would wish for immediate passage onto the next life.

massaging the nape of his neck. annoyance, for him, began to settle in. "as long as i get to have somethin' to do..." he'd crack his knuckle, his scared lip widening to form a grin, "...i don't care about anythin' else, lu." in the middle of thought on how he planned on eviscerating the fellow. he was asked a question by the rocket scientist.

"ah? hell if i know." mugen shrugged.

"my question is why are you so against it? most people would love to have a pawn they can throw to the houndoom's." was she one of those women hellbent on proving independency to men? should he make her feel more superior or something? whatever got her to stop being so bitchy he would, probably, do it. "look, just think of me as the muscle. if you don't wanna get your hand dirty," he'd point to himself with a thumb, "just tell me to do it." he was just here to do his job and be done. "besides, the only time you'll need me is if you're headin' out. the last thing we need is for one of our scientists to get caught."

but would that be so bad? she could serve as bait for him to lure out a league member. in the back of his mind he wanted to grin so badly at the thought of using her as bait and getting a free kill. all he could do was cover his mouth and snicker.

note:

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 10:15:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She briefly thought of  . “My name’s not Lu.”

Hell if he knew. Well, that wasn’t what she’d wanted to her. She shifted on a hip, perplexed. Then, she decided to level with him. “Look. I’m an avatar. It just feels a bit insulting and unnecessary.” Perhaps that was arrogant. It felt like it, but she might’ve been one of the most evasive ones with her particular blessing of shadow travel. It made missions much safer.

The cigarette was brought to her lips again and she only then noticed the half-torn one rolled across the metal floor. Her eyes returned to him, still all ice. Someone would sweep it up later. Breathing out a hot-headed sigh, she gave in. “Whatever.”

His sell was good, though, really, and it’d come at a great time. As she desired to show her face more in public, without disguise, she certainly did need to reel in risky actions.

Her stare was critically processing, calculating for a moment.

“You ready?”

close tab

played by

light

nukenin, ranger killer
he/him
thirty-two
october 31st
fuchsia city, kanto
pansexual
contract killer
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
16 posts
mugen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mugen
mugen
jobs are a crapshoot
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 10:28:09 GMT
mugen Avatar
[attr="class","light"]winding-up his right arm. a strange word escaped 's maw, "avatar?" he repeated with a brow risen. "is that some sort of special, elite title?" he'd ask questionably. though, before could answer, she'd ask of whether he was ready to go or not.

"hell yeah," he toothily grinned. "just tell me what the hell a avatar is on the way there though."

note: