291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 15:41:36 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Miles was by no means father material or at least he felt he wasn't. After all, he was a single child raised solely by his mother. His father abandoned their family during the woman's pregnancy to pursue his own dreams in regions far away, Miles scarce knew if the man was even alive at this point. Despite the lack of presence, the researcher held no resentment for the man, if anything the lack of a father helped the boy understand that life and moreover 'lives' oft moved in odd directions at a young age. Was the lesson learned to early? perhaps but better to have the knowledge earlier, than later or not at all.

Today was also moving in an odder direction, the man had won paid passes to one of if not his town's most famous hot spring and sandbath sauna. It was to be a day of drinks, relaxation and possibly even a cucumber face mask or two. He'd even invited to join him an apology for the odd way their date ended, despite having had a blast with the woman.

The owner of the venue however was an old friend of his folks and upon Miles' entering immediately asked the man for a favor as capable help was hard to find. The rewards of said job were a multitude of future passes to the hot springs and its other facilities free of charge, an offer too good to pass up. The job was simple they could use the facilities for the day they just had to keep an eye on a trio of trapinch that'd hatched from eggs found in sandbaths only a week ago. Trainers were coming to pick them up in a few hours but there was no one to watch the sand babies in the interim, and while slightly rambunctious Miles was assured the three pokemon were good-natured. It was an easy job, but he'd have to explain to his date, who he'd already embarrassed himself in front of, and that wasn't mentioning the issue originally brought up, that being his distinct lack of 'father material'.

Still, he holds his head high at the entrance a nervous smile greeting the woman in today's robes. He introduces the job with a joke.

"Hey Stormy..." Even in his nervousness there's excitement seeing the woman again he can't help but smile. "So quick query before the spa day. How do you feel about kids?" And almost on cue the trapinch trio would stick their heads out from behind the trainer's leg each stacked atop each other. Was it a good joke, not in the slightest bit in the moment it's all he has.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Childproof
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 18:16:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Where Miles considered himself to not be father material, it would soon become apparent that Stormy was not exactly motherly in that same strain. Her own home life had not been the most ideal given the literal change of hands and person changing her diapers she'd experienced. Old enough to retain a fuzzy memory of her birth mother and raised to understand right off the hop that she was adopted - life had come hard and fast for her.[break][break]

But up until this jolting realization, Stormy is more than happy to accompany Miles in another date. Was it a date? He hadn't specified, but she had felt excited for it anyway. Excited enough that she'd dressed up for him and spent extra time getting ready where she would have originally left with minimal effort.[break][break]

Upon meeting up with the man, however, Stormy's expression is bright and inviting. That changes to surprise and a nervous smile when he greets her with a nervous excitement and a jarring question. She opens her mouth to say something, to say anything, really, but nothing comes to mind because her brain is short-circuiting.[break][break]

Kids? Wha-- does he think I'm pregnant?[break][break]

Her stomach twists instinctively and she forces an awkward smile.[break][break]

"Excuse me?"[break][break]

But just as soon as she says this, three Trapinch peek their heads out from behind Miles' leg, one at a time and one on top of the other. They grin their toothy grin and stare up at her with beady eyes. It's charming if it weren't coming directly after such a blatantly pointed question. He'd been making a joke, right? This cute turn of events wasn't just a coincidence.. right?[break][break]

Given the awkwardness of the situation, Stormy nervously chuckles.[break][break]

[break]

notes: outfit

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 22:04:23 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

For all the words he has stored in his memory bank he for the life of him could not think when he spoke, honestly a fatal case of 'foot in the mouth' if he could recognize it. Even now he hasn't thought too deeply about the further implications of the question despite them being only a foot ahead of him, tunnel vision on his three little followers must have been to blame.

"The owner approached me, an old family friend. He's short on staff and asked me to watch these three little ones while we enjoyed the facilities. Often trapinch lay eggs on the outskirts of the sand baths and leave them here, and so the owners upon discovering them usually give them to trainers to take on their journies. The trainers for this batch of babies are coming in a few hours, and I may have foolishly promised to watch them in the interim."

He offers his hands in apology "I know it's not quite what you expected and I apologize, but I didn't have the heart to let him down."
In all honesty, it's not a situation wholly unfamiliar. The Sharps were known to be bleeding hearts and it seems the apple hadn't fallen this far from the tree.

"That said, of course." He'd reach down to cradle one of the ground types. "It's my responsibility I'll be keeping an eye on them I just want you to enjoy the spa day, after all it seems rare that you're able to get rest judging by our conversation a few nights ago." It was the real reason why he'd chosen this place as the spot of their second date. He wanted the woman to feel at ease and it went without saying that her work took a lot out of her. A spa day was the least he could offer, and perhaps the little ones with him would add more than they took away. A thought that occurred just as the trapinch cradling decided to begin nibbling on his fingers, to which his response is a strained smile. A hard final attempt to sell this admittedly odd date.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Childproof
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 18:23:37 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Radio static clears away gradually the more Miles drifts from the topic. Slowly, Stormy relaxes enough that she blinks away the awkwardness of his question and her response to focus on his explanation of the situation. Eventually, the woman shifts her attention from the man to the three mouthy little Trapinch.[break][break]

"I don't think there's anything foolish about lending a hand where you're able."[break][break]

He offers his hands and she instinctively takes them, not because of his intent but because she simply wanted to.[break][break]

"Stop, stop, stop, Miles. Seriously, I like the unexpected."[break][break]

The woman smiles, amusement shifting the tilt of her lip into a sort of half-smile as she's lost in a breathless laugh. His attention strays to the Trapinch, and with it, his hands, and Stormy pulls her hands back to her sides to watch the four of them for a moment.[break][break]

"No way! I absolutely will not allow this-- there are two of us, it doesn't make any sense at all for one person to do all of the work. I'm happy to spend the day with you-- and the babies. It'll be fun."[break][break]

She gasps, then, as the Trapinch in his arms begins to nibble on his fingers in what she could only assume was painful. The woman's expression softens into painful sympathy. She shrugs at him, breaking into another warm smile.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 8:00:43 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

As the once foggy situation clears so does the mood and the woman's exuberance by extension. She's more than happy to work with the situation though guilt still waylays the researcher. He'd resolved to be a place of rest for her, Someone she could see without feeling a need to work, and despite the circumstances of the job he'd received it was still just that, a job. And so he was at least resolved to make sure the kids would have minimal impact on her enjoyment of the day.

"Well then." His smile becomes lighter as the trapinch in hand loosens its jaw allowing Miles to pull out his finger bearing the pain with a smile as not to disrupt the mood. "I believe we have an appointment for a private spring waiting for us?" He'd shift his weight cradling the held trapinch with one arm freeing up the second to link arms or hold hands with his date. The third trapinch jealous the other two were being held would climb up Miles' back before finding a place to perch on the man's shoulder. For a man disinterested in children he certainly had the look of a dad in the moment.

He decides against breaching any tough topics figuring it better to get into the heart of anything possibly tense while actually in the spring and so he keeps the conversation light for the moment, "Outside of Lavaridge as it's obviously the superior place to relax. Are there any cities or areas you've taken to?" He fields for future date ideas as they walk curious to hear an assortment of Stormy's takes on Hoenn at large. "And If I hadn't said it yet, you look stunning as per usual." Less an after statement and more he hadn't known he exactly how to bring it up prior with the trapinch situation having served as his primary focus. Thankfully he's less stealing glances and more appreciating the woman's beauty openly. Something he plans to make habit of as long as he can.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Childproof
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 2:52:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Mmm... I can't wait."[break][break]

There is a sultry growl to her tone as she eliminates the distance between them. Mindful, of course, of the toothy little horror in his arms, she is careful to put her hands out of reach of the little gremlin and in reach of his.[break][break]

Her fingers slide purposefully between his before squeezing. The woman's warmth is immediate, though merely only a taste of what he had already experienced the last time he'd seen her. She seemed calmer, in some way.[break][break]

"Obviously. But.. Lilycove is really nice, too."[break][break]

For a moment her mind had jumped to Rustboro - but with that jump came the lurch of a heavy heart. She neglected to dwell on it in favor of Miles' relaxing presence, choosing happiness over her heavy grief.[break][break]

"But if you're fishing for good ideas, Miles, I'd be happy to see you any day of the week- anywhere."[break][break]

Stormy's breath hitches, however, at the end of her statement as Miles' admission comes to the forefront of her thought. Warmth spreads across her cheeks immediately, and she nervously worries at the man's thumb while she's holding his hand. There is an awkward chuckle that she finally emits and she glances away from him.[break][break]

"You don't look so bad yourself."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 16:07:24 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

The ache of his finger is ignored entirely in favor of his other senses, all of which were enthralled with his date. "Anywhere? That's quite the bold claim." A wry smile forms, "Especially seeing as I've recently heard rumor of an ancient tower on route 111. So I hope that offer includes blistering desert sandstorms?" A joke of course, though he's certain any condition; weather or otherwise would be better with Stormy around.

"That said, I'll keep Lilycove in mind as I am admittedly fishing for ideas, after all, I'd never dare to disappoint someone so cherished with a bad date." His facetiousness ends as they enter the door to their private springs. Upon entering steam fogs the entirety of the area, warm gray stones create a path to the still waters. The hollow clack of a shishi odoshi sounds in the distance, a testament to the stillness of the area. On a bamboo rack leading to the pool towels made to be worn whilst submerged in the supposed healing waters sit. The Trapinch duo upon entering the area would climb out of the man's grip much preferring to walk now eyes interested in the area, to which Miles would respond by calling two pokemon of his own. Clypea and Sidia, the former a Carracosta whose motherly tendencies were already known around among the man's pokemon and the latter a bastiodon who'd recently been deemed the protector among the very same squad. " I'm trusting you both to keep the little ones stay out of harm's way." The two pokemon nod guiding two of the trapinch leaving the third to the couple.

He disrobes allowing the ornamental garb to fall off his shoulders. "Hot springs have been an integral part of Hoenn's cultural identity since the region was formed. Lavaridge was one of the first areas that people settled in upon arriving in Hoenn, and so much of our cultural identity was formed in these springs." As he finishes tying the towel around his waist he finishes his distracting diatribe, moving close to the woman, his eyes always pleased to gaze upon her form he pulls her close in a motion, it's not as suave as he'd like it to have been, but it's apparent he's learning.

"That's all to say..." He pauses lost in her for a moment. "There's no one I'd rather share a pool of very hot water with than you Stormy. And is that not romance at its core?" And with that he leans in close a head taller than the woman a familiar glint in his eyes, body pushing into hers, if nothing else he's more confident than he was nights ago.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 1:33:37 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy's response is a cheeky wink.[break][break]

"You know it does."[break][break]

But she ultimately scoffs at his teasing and his ceaseless flattery. Her free hand waves them away, a 'pah' the only answer he'd receive. 'Someone so cherished with a bad date', as if that were even possible- either topics in that statement.[break][break]

The woman's attention is promptly redirected, however, by the steam in the next area and the humidity that sticks to her skin. But rather than dread it, she lets out a long, relieved sigh. Relaxation seems to set in long before she'd ever reach the water, and she squeezes her fingers through his again, a soft reminder of her sincere appreciation for his efforts.[break][break]

"I could get used to this view."[break][break]

When she says this, she not-so-subtly glances Miles up and down as well, but her cheeky grin is quickly turned back to the hot springs ahead of them. Stormy relinquishes his hand while he calls out his two Pokemon, and watches with amusement as the group shuffle off to the side for babysitting duty. Her attention remains on them even as Miles undresses, choosing to be respectful despite how little she'd seen him in days prior.[break][break]

"Is that right? That must be why it is such a cherished and sought-out tourist area. Though I guess that makes me sound like a tourist, myself."[break][break]

Just as she frowns slightly at the thought that she might be one of the people attracted to the spot for its cultural history as a guise to just take a swim, arms are wrapped around her and her feet shuffled closer to his. His motion is sudden and to that degree she is clumsy, wincing slightly with an awkward chuckle as she stubs her toe on his.[break][break]

"Very romantic.. but are you sure? There's not at least one other person? Maybe a person who hasn't just tripped all over your feet?"[break][break]

Flattery and his closeness make her face warm with a blush, but she smiles up at him even still.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:36:06 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

He winces a finger first then a toe, it wasn't his day, but he'd have gone through it more than twice over if it meant spending more time with her. Through the steam he feels her warmth and once again finds himself unwilling to let go, it's almost trance-like in nature every time he holds her she was like magic or a drug, and it's the first time he worried about how attached he's becoming.

Still, he thinks for a moment if only sarcastically when she asks. "Don't sell yourself short, you've tripped over my feet more than a few times prior, remember the dancing?" He's clearly the worse dancer but he can't help but pick and prolong the moment. his wry smile never once leaves his face. His lips connect with her forehead, briefly. It's as close to any actual answer before he forces himself to let go in favor of continuing their conversation in the bath.

An eye falls to the third Trapinch who'd gotten comfortable at the edge of the spring eyeing the water curiously. And so he steps in if only to make sure he can protect the pokemon if it decides to move any further. He makes himself comfortable against the pool's edge the soothing waters filling orifices, the burn of the water entering and purifying pores, while his back rests against the smooth stone. the relief in his voice is palpable as he settles making sure to sit particularly close to his date a underwater hand would find itself interlocking with hers if she so allowed.

"How's work this week?"
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 4:18:50 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
His sarcasm settles the anxious energy in her stomach with an answer she hadn't known she needed until he'd spoken it out loud. The reminder of their dancing brings a small smile to her face as she laughs.[break][break]

"You stepped on my feet a little bit too, I think."[break][break]

A small exhale as he kisses her forehead. The man's warmth remains like the beat of a heart against her skin, cold where he retreats. She watches as he pulls away from her to step into the bath. With his back turned to her, she takes a moment to strip her own robes in favor of the towel. It is tucked snugly around her before she, too, follows him into the depths.[break][break]

And where his hand finds hers beneath the surface, she eagerly fits her fingers in his once again. Like a drug she finds herself addicted, craving his touch with fervor. To be apart from him was to be cold, and it had been a long time since she'd felt the cold.[break][break]

"Busy, but good. Poked and prodded a bit this time, but I've been officially given a clean bill of health."[break][break]

She alludes subtly to the examination she had undergone, a mild slip of the tongue. It wasn't exactly anything to be kept under a tight lid, but she assumed it wasn't something that should be spoken of so freely with just anyone.[break][break]

But was Miles just anyone, anymore?[break][break]

"What about you? How have you been?"[break][break]

The temptation to say more is cut short. It was becoming readily apparent to her in the recent days that hearing from him in any capacity was something she looked forward to.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 12:35:05 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"We're always glad to see a healthy Stormy." His free hand would reach to pet the trapinch who leaned forward before moving across the stone to Stormy's side. Happy to be in the mix between the two in any capacity. "Rude." His eye follows the pokemon to the woman's side before answering her question.

"I was promoted." It's an unsure statement but it's accompanied by a smile. A promotion allowed him deeper access to his organization's resources it also increased his pull within his people as a whole, but at the same time, it's trapped him to an extent. He's bonded further with the organization as a whole and untying himself would already have proved difficult even prior to his promotion. "My research is apparently valued and I think we'll be able to help a lot of people, once we get it off the ground." He hints further choosing his words carefully; his indecision could be felt in the way his fingers curled around hers searching for safety within her fingertips. Stormy had begun to make him feel secure unconsciously and that was dangerous.

"I attended a gathering with my colleagues from other departments soon after the promotion. In our discussions I've begun to have concerns that the goals of my colleagues don't quite align with my own." His grip loosens slightly as he takes a deep breath, "but I suppose that's natural for any job, no?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 13:02:21 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She giggles softly under her breath at the display. When the Trapinch shuffles to her side, she lifts her free hand out of the water to brush her fingertip against the Pokemon's smooth mouth. It recoils from the damp, settling into a grumpy-like curled up ball. It huffs, and Stormy turns her attention back to Miles.[break][break]

His mention of his promotion brings a complex mess of expression and delivery. The man's voice seems quiet, reluctant to share, but his smile tells a different story. She isn't sure what, at first, to make of it, and so she chooses to wait and watch, listening to what else he had to say.[break][break]

It occurred to her again that neither of them really spoke at length about anything pertaining to work. They often chose to coexist without the extra baggage, more interested in each others company than what company they worked for.[break][break]

The woman's attention shifts abruptly to their fingers entwined next to her. She can feel his anxiety with the tug of his hand, the way he tightens his grip in an effort to find comfort. She lends it, without question, but she watches him carefully.[break][break]

"Have you spoken to them about it? There's nothing worse than not feeling like your voice is being heard. Like you're treading water while everyone else is sprinting."[break][break]

He loosens his grip and she shifts her weight in the water to be in front of him instead of next to him.[break][break]

"Is everything okay?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 14:09:52 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

When he's anxious, and fear begins to cloud she's there. It's an odd feeling to have someone with him like this, but he can't see himself shrinking away from it, shrinking away from her. His head falls against her shoulder, despite his concerns he can't help but think how intoxicating she is even her scent instills a certain peace in his core.

"It isn't." He's honest because the foundation they're building needs to be strong, the weight of their lives are heavy and truth has always proven to be the best stone to build upon. As the words come his grip loosens, that peace she exudes begins to permeate in his veins. He's committed to his path, his purpose is known and he swore long ago that he'd accomplish it.

"But it will be, you don't need to worry." Despite his resolve he doesn't move his head, eyes locking onto the trapinch curled against the stone.

"You're right, I'll set up a meeting this week." He needs to understand more about each of his coworkers. In that he's confident they'll find a shared ground, he just needed to work harder. He'd start with the one whom his concern is most warranted,

"I feel bad, you always seem to be the one easing my concerns, and here I thought you'd be able to lean on me a little today." It's a joke of course, but like lies, the best jokes always had a hair of truth in them.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 14:52:12 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"I believe in you."[break][break]

And more than that, what he believed in as a whole. He sinks deeper into her, head resting on her shoulder. She allows it, and perhaps, she realizes, she is selfish. But it meant a lot to her to have him lean on her instead, it made her feel needed in a way she hadn't realized she craved.[break][break]

So she holds him, hands sliding to hold him in a loose embrace. [break][break]

"I like this-- I like you, so I don't mind. You don't need to worry about me, either. You're free to lean on me as much as you like."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Childproof
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 15:52:07 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Then that's all the strength I need." He whispers into her neck perfectly still in her arms. the shishi odoshi sounds, again and again, it's lull the only reminder that time still trudged on while they remain entrenched in each other.

"You don't know how happy that makes me." Hidden in the steam he's not the brilliant scientist of rocket, or the grieved son seeking revenge. He's hers and for all his many aliases and personas he favors this one.

"Say that and I'll...." He stops himself barely, "You can't take that back later."

How long they stay like that hidden in the fog he's unable to say, but in time a ding comes from beyond informing the two that their time together had come to an end. Reality's grip begins to tear into their lives as is its nature.

Oh, how he's come to adore her.