saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 8:04:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"excuse me, miss."

matias is not usually one to bother strangers but the situation calls for it. he approaches, pointing to the flying taxi stop behind him.

"did they go out of business?"

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taxi
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 19:26:09 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Captain Skyler Dross peers at the derelict taxi stop, dirt gathering at the edges of what was once a pristine, clear window. On the side, a dusty sign announces that the taxi stop is, in fact, out of service. "Apparently so." Her voice is as dry as Route 111. "War tends to do that."

Only then does she give the man her attention, meeting his inquiry with a quirked eyebrow. "Boats are better anyway. Where are you heading?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 9:28:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"would a boat get me to rustboro?"

he peers back over to the taxi stop, eyes narrowing to try and look at a weathered map of the region. he has the image in his head, but seeing it in person helps much more. apparently, it's possible.

"looks like quite the journey. unless you're offering?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taxi
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 16:38:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Her lips inadvertedly curl up, the taste of a challenge lingering in the air between them (whether or not he'd meant it as one). The shift in her posture is subtle, shoulders straightening to occupy more space and chin tilting in umistakeable boldness.

"Offering? No."

Teeth flash out from between her lips.

"I do have to get to Rustboro soon. For a fee, I might even allow another passenger aboard."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 2:13:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i'm sure that won't be a problem."

likewise, his confidence airs in the way his lips shape into a grin. he takes a step closer to her, then gestures out towards the sea.

"lead the way, captain."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taxi
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 18:40:15 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The docks aren't far and Skyler is eager to provide proof of boat superiority over some random chicken nugget. Her unshakable confidence could've easily been confused for arrogance, if not for the ease with which she boards The Mariner 2

If one peers carefully, they'd be able to see the remnants of a painted smiley face next to the name.

"I take it you don't get seasick?"

Her grin widens.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 7:49:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i like the smiley face," he says, pointing to the faded artwork, "what happened to the first mariner?"

like a good passenger, he waits for her cue before boarding. it is the polite thing to do, after all.

"not particularly. i believe i've been on longer journeys than this."

he shrugs his backpack off his shoulder, lowers it to place off to the side, clear and unobstructive.

"do you need any help with anything?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taxi
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 12:59:02 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"It's a long story, both the smiley face and what happened to the first Mariner. I can tell you on the way." Even as she's talking, her body is in fluid motion, long practised movements readying the speedboat for departure. "Apparently even the ocean is full of annoying assholes." 

Silver eyes shift to Matias at his offer. "Since you're offering." Her calloused finger points to a rope wrapped around a nearby bollard. "Untie that while I check provisions."

Despite her amicable tone, there's an undercurrent to her words - like she's testing him.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 15:41:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]his eyes follow her pointed finger to the rope, nodding as he steps towards it. "yes, captain."

her intentions are lost on him as he starts untying the rope. it doesn't take long for it to unravel, and when it does, he's looking back over for further instructions before realizing he probably doesn't need them. he places a foot on the wood of the docks, then pushes, sending the mariner two clear.

"that was fun."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taxi
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 21:40:18 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The speedboat makes haste towards the ocean proper and away from the docks, as if hungry for the waves. Its captain remains staunchly at the helm, looking like she belonged nowhere else. "It's a long journey ahead."

Once they're out on the open sea, it's an easy thing to set a course and turn her attention to the passenger instead.

"Might as well get acquainted." Her smile is roguish and bold as she extends a calloused hand. "Skyler Dross, ship captain and treasure hunter."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 17:31:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias cannot help but watch in admiration as the captain takes control of her vessel. it's always a pleasure to watch someone in their element, and this was no different.

when she turns and meets him with a smile, his own reflects bravado that could easily be mistaken for arrogance. he extends his own calloused hand.

"matias silph, league sergeant."

he shakes her hand, then pulls his back.

"so how often do you do this? transporting strangers on your boat."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taxi
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 22:24:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A strong grip finds hers, prompting something like delight to spark within her silvery gaze. Should the man look, he'd find bruises along her knuckles. "A pleasure to meet you, Matias." The surname goes completely unremarked despite its notoriety in the region and Skyler's own knowledge of it.

"Sergeant, huh?" Her lips curl, playful. "Is that rank above or below Captain?"

The ocean on the side of the boat swells, revealing the colossal shape of a scarred Wailord. A shower of salt water descends upon the boat before the whale dives into the depths again.

"Ah, and that's Nautilus."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 7:49:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]finally, someone in this region who doesn't care about his surname. it's a nice surprise, it's a welcome surprise, and it leaves him delighted.

his lips curl, also playful.

"probably below — wherever you want it to be, really."

the sight of a massive shape draws him away. he turns, peering up as salt water falls onto the boat.

"would nautilus like some company?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taxi
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 11:42:34 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Silvery laughter immediately follows Matias' words, breathed out into the briny air with unrestrained abandon. "Wherever I want it to be, huh?" Skyler leans against the control panel, arms crossed and smile stained with a hint of something feral. "Bold thing to say. I could abuse my position."

Land had long disappeared down the line of the horizon.

Captain Dross is in her element, and it shows in the relaxed slump of her shoulders, the easy confidence with which she carries herself. She motions to the ocean with her chin. "I'm sure he would. Ocean's big enough. Go ahead."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,028 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
taxi
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 13:42:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i wouldn't blame you if you did." his own smile mirrors hers, reflecting a similar hint of something feral. something primal.

for moments, he gazes back at dwindling land. though the circumstances are vastly different, it reminds him of when he left kanto.

at her approval, he calls out two pokemon.

the gyarados lets out a surprisingly gentle roar before it plunges into the water, soon joining nautilus in cool waters. the pidgeot takes to the skies, wings spreading out wide before it disappears through the clouds.

matias turns, approaches.

"can i get you a drink, captain?"

[attr="class","noodles"]