3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 1:02:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva is completely fascinated by the strange creature. Not only did the pokemon itself fascinated her, but even more so the possible ways it had come to end up inside Piggy Smalls. The fine red dust that coats its ebony skin is familiar. It reminds her of the red shard Dahlia had shown to them during the AQUA meeting.

What’s even more fascinating, is the rift it tries to create. The doctor’s eyes light up in wonder. It’s something she’s never seen a pokemon try to do. Apparently, it’s not enough, and the fissure zips closed indefinitely, “Huh, I wonder what that was,” she muses aloud to Dahlia as the commissioner moves closer, “Perhaps it needs a little energy boost,” it must be exhausted from being stuck inside Piggy Smalls for Arceus knows how long. Perhaps a little HEAL PULSE from her Gallade would perk it up.

Emerald eyes move towards Dahlia as she speaks softly. Huh, she didn’t even consider that. After a moment of contemplation, Eva nods, “Perhaps . . . or whatever killed Piggy Smalls put it there,” Eva doesn’t want to make assumptions and is required to entertain all possibilities until the data tells her otherwise.

“What do you make of this red dust?” she wants to see if Dahlia recognizes it as well. Eva peers past the Unown and towards Piggy Smalls. Is there more in the stomach?

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 4:39:51 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

RESEARCH THREAD WITH DR. MORALES

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/840814376981889054/SCIENCE.mp3[/player]

DAHLIA SQUINTS as she leans in close to the dust. She's careful not to come too close, for breath and sigh may cause the cardinal scattering to disperse.

Familiarity flashes across her face. Perching her chin into her fingers, she ponders before relinquishing an answer from softening lip.

"I'm no scientist, but my best guess would be the RED ORB." Dahlia says. "Bailey had remarked that she found the Spoink with the RED ORB on its head. Perhaps, it's... remnants of it?"

She pulls back, her nose catching some foul scent— imagined or not, the dead carcass and its exposed innards intensifies the imagination.

"Bailey also said the Spoink had used this primal orb in battle. It was missing its usual pearl and was using it as a replacement." More squarely, she turns to face the doctor. "What do you think? How do you think the Unown... and this dust got in there?"

instructions

CONSIDERING WHAT YOU KNOW OF PRIMAL ENERGY AND THE EVENTS OF THIS THREAD, must now guess how the RED ORB dust and the Unown got into the Spoink's stomach.

THE SPOINK HAD SWALLOWED PIECES OF THE RED ORB

THE SPOINK HAD BREATHED IN PIECES OF THE RED ORB

THE SPOINK'S STOMACH CULTURE CREATED FRAGMENTS OF THE RED ORB

SOME OTHER METHOD...

, once you have posted, post in RESEARCH THREADS.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 0:33:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Oh, really?” So the Spoink physically had the Red Orb in place of its pearl? Eva absorbs the new information with a nod. There’s a telling silence as her mind swims with hypotheses. A critical gaze remains fixed on the Unown, perhaps the most significant finding of this necropsy (despite the strange wound and tear through Piggy Small’s innards).

“Hm, with this information, the wound on the head in combination with the strange lesions inside lead me to believe this was in fact primal energy intoxication,” her free hand points towards the mottled liver, “What’s left of the liver shows clear signs of acute hepatic injury. I suspect histologic examination would show evidence of toxic insult. The wound on the head where the orb would sit connects perfectly with the lesions on the interior and through to the wound on the rear. As if a beam of Primal Energy tore right through it, making the affect tissue just . . . vanish,” The corner of her lips curl into a small smile, “If it can make things vanish, who’s to say it can’t put things there? Perhaps the pokemon was introduced into the stomach by the energy surge or . . .” she considers for a moment, not quite making up her mind, “The pokemon was attracted to the surge of energy and accidently transported into the Spoink’s stomach where there’s remnants of the energy,” Regardless, it all revolved around this Red Orb and the Primal Energy associated with it.

Eva turns to face Dahlia, “What’s got me even more stumped is . . . things just don’t vanish . . . where do they go?” the Unown’s attempt to TELEPORT somewhere has her intrigued, “Perhaps it can tell us,” She motions towards the Unown, referring to the schism in space it tried to create.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 3:48:22 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

RESEARCH THREAD WITH DR. MORALES

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/840814376981889054/SCIENCE.mp3[/player]

DR. EVA MORALES does not disappoint, for her investigation allows her to land on the truth. Or at least, has moved toward the closest version of the truth. What has happened to Piggie Smalls, the Spoink, and its trainer, Bailey Cooper, is no doubt a tragedy.

However, from these losses comes knowledge. A terrifying expansion of possibility. From this sudden swell of opportunity and truth come the chasms of questioning made by the abrupt revelations stemming from this autopsy. Although Eva offers other possibilities, she will eventually realize the following:

CORRECT DEDUCTIONS

• A beam of PRIMAL ENERGY had torn through the Spoink.
  • The beam had vanished most tissue, bodily contents in its way.
  • Primal energy does not just vanish objects. It can introduce objects too; however, the exact minutiae of this mechanic is unknown.

When prompted, the UNOWN-D attempts to conjure something. An orb of HIDDEN POWER emerges from its sclera, the energy sparkling as it attempts to psychically manifest an answer; however, all it can create is transient sparkle of a question mark.

But Eva raises a good question. Where do things that vanish go? Is there a single space in which they disappear to, or is the answer to that much more multiplicitous? Dahlia is deep in thought, chin nestled against the curve of her fingers.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 2:31:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva leans forward slightly, intrigued by the Unown’s attempt to communicate when prompted. It seemed the creature understood her inquiry, to a degree. The attempt, however, falls short and she’s simply left with a question mark to punctuate the seemingly endless questions that stream through her mind as she questions everything she’s possibly known. Did a multiverse perhaps exist?

“Well, this has been eventful,” she turns towards Dahlia who is also lost deep in thought. She moves to respectfully cover the corpse of Piggie Small with the sheet that previously hid him from view. The Rotom phone tucks back into her pocket on its own.

After a glance at the Unown, she gathers the samples she’s collected for further analysis. She hesitates to put the Unown into a pokeball, afraid the dust will disappear. She need to examine it closer.

“Thank you for this opportunity, Commissioner,” it’s sincere, “I’ll do my best to get to the bottom of this and find a way to ensure this doesn’t happen again,” it’s a big promise, but one she intends to keep. Life is too precious. Between Primal Energy intoxication and a meteor barreling towards Hoenn, there’s plenty of lives at stake.