she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 5:04:57 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

RESEARCH THREAD WITH DR. MORALES

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/840814376981889054/SCIENCE.mp3[/player]

DAHLIA INVITES MORALES TO A HIGH SECURITY LABORATORY. stationed in ever grande city, the commissioner awaits her arrival in the second lowest level. the doctor is able to bypass all if not most (to her knowledge) security clearance levels. all she needs is to swipe her keycard to access the elevator to the confidential underground of this facility.

here, the commissioner waits in front of the elevator door, leaning back and forth on her black heels. she wonders why she hasn't donned flats today; however, this encounter is pointed with significance. a request for further examination. full access to the autopsy report has already been granted— but today, a body. a necropsy.

to her right is the morgue and a series of examination rooms.

"good morning, dr. morales!" the commissioner would say as the head professor arrives. "so nice to see you. i'm quite nervous to tell the truth. i'm squeamish when it comes to these things... our body in question is in examination room e."

TAG

NOTES: move to examination room e for the next step!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 6:26:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Commissioner Goode!” Eva smiles brightly as the elevator doors open to reveal Dahlia waiting on her. A hand casually waves away the formalities, “Please, just call me Eva,” she insists before Dahlia continues.

Eva arrives prepared in scrubs and a lab coat. A small voice recorder sits in her pocket along with her phone for good pictures in case it’s necessary. She doubts the League Pathologists had missed anything of importance.

Unfortunately, bodies are something the doctor is used to. It is never a pleasant experience, though. Death is not something Eva takes lightly considering her oath concerns the prevention of suffering and preservation of life.

“Well, if ya need to step out at any point, don’t hesitate,” she tries to reassure the commissioner with a light pat on the shoulder before turning towards the morgue, “I’m ready when you are,” she waits for Dahlia to give her the ok before pushing through the door.

Eva leads the way down the short hallway to Examination Room E. It’s bright and pristine like any good examination room should be. The body is neatly covered with a sheet, but Eva does not proceed until she’s sure what she’s allowed to examine. A pair of emerald eyes look towards Dahlia for guidance.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 2:26:18 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/840814376981889054/SCIENCE.mp3[/player]

AS THEY MOVE INTO THE EXAMINATION ROOM, they see a covering cast over a small rotund body. on the side, several surgical tools are in place, alongside a bin for waste. the commissioner ensures that the heavy doors close behind her. in the halls, several scientists can be heard walking to and from their various duties. dahlia smiles weakly, grabbing protective equipment. gloves. masks. whatever dr. morales would need.

"here, eva." she says, as she hands her a pair of gloves.

when the covering is peeled away, a dead spoink lays cold on the gray table. it is missing its pearl and its tail is rigid in curl. the commissioner says, "this was one of bailey cooper's pokemon. piggie smalls, she called him. we believe this pokemon died around the same time as cooper and due to the same cause of death."

dahlia steps back. without her usual stoutland to find comfort in, she allows eva to begin her examination.[break][break]

instructions

TO PERFORM THE EXAMINATION, must identify anomalies or visual disturbances within the Spoink image above. Should she find one or two, indicate in your post what you are examining with BOLDED TEXT.

She may also choose to do one of the following actions:
VIEW THE BODY FROM THE BACK
VIEW THE BODY FROM THE BOTTOM
VIEW THE BODY FROM THE TOP
CUT THE BODY OPEN

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:34:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Thank you,” she smiles to the commissioner as she takes the offered gloves. They find their place on her hands with a soft snap before she buttons up her white coat and makes sure her hair is securely back.

Eva peels back the covering to find the rigid body of a deceased Spoink. She nods in understanding as Dahlia explains the situation, “I see,” her brows pinch in thought as she pulls a Rotom phone from her lab coat, “Do you mind?” it would be easiest to allow the sentient device to work on its own under her command than messing with the technology herself.

With the OK the Rotom phone buzzed to life and lifted out of Eva’s hand, “Hellooooo~” she Doctor sang in greeting to her device, “Please start voice recording and prepare the camera . . . Full body shot from above,” The camera clicked and Eva nodded in approval.

“Today we are performing a full necropsy on subject “Piggie Smalls”. Subject is a male Spoink of unknown age. It is presumed to have died alongside Bailey Cooper by primal energy intoxication,”

Eva moves closer to carefully inspect the Spoink, “On gross examination of the ventral surface there are no obvious lesions and the subject is in good body condition. Subject is pale, but that is expected post-mortem. I am starting at the cranial aspect and moving caudally. Piggie Smalls seems to be missing his pearl, this may be a post-mortem finding. Note to self to ask if pearl was recovered with the body. Facial structures are unremarkable. There seems to be some mucoid, green discharge on the left lateral commissure of the mouth just caudal to the snout,” Eva reaches to open the Spoink’s mouth to examine the interior, “No obvious oral lesions, but I will sample the discharge labeled Sample 1” You can never have too many samples. Eva scoops a bit of the discharge into a sampling cup and sets it aside.

“Thoracic appendages, abdomen, and tail seem to be within normal limits,” she concludes as the moves down the body with her finger tips.

Once satisfied with her examination of the ventral aspect of Piggie Smalls, she carefully rotates the Spoink to exam the pokemon’s back.

Conclusions: Eva finds he is pale, missing his pearl, and there is discharge from the mouth she samples. She chooses to view him from the back next.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 6:49:52 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

EVA'S EXAMINATION IS FRUITFUL. the pearl is missing: the most obvious discrepancy. however, the pale, bluish skin is a conspicuous symptom of death. at least, potentially. as she collects the odd green discharge— she is quick to realize, that this in fact, vomit.

dahlia listens intently. her fingers tap against her elbows as she gives the doctor space.

the spoink is turned carefully. it is clear that the spoink has a nice rotund rear; however, she spots something odd. inflammation and scabbing. a browning of some sort. but where is it?[break][break]

instructions

TO PERFORM THE EXAMINATION, must identify anomalies or visual disturbances and their LOCATION within the Spoink image above. Should she find one or two, indicate in your post what you are examining with BOLDED TEXT.

VIEW THE BODY FROM THE BOTTOM
CUT THE BODY OPEN

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 20:15:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Vomit. Ew.

Regardless, she puts it aside and continues her examination. The patient is gently flipped onto his stomach so she can see the dorsal aspect clearly. It indeed did have a nice round rump, clearly in good body condition.

“I will not continue to exam the dorsal aspect of Piggy Smalls starting cranially and working caudally,” she continues after clearing her throat, “Overall, the dorsal aspects of the head, thoracic limbs, thorax, and abdomen are unremarkable. However,” Eva leans in closer when she inspects the tail, gently straightening out the uniquely coiled tail of the Spoink. It takes some effort considering the rigor mortis and the strong musculature, “There seems to be a lesion about . . . . 6-7 centimeters in length just proximal to midway down the tail. Characterized by significant inflammation with a sanguineous crust", Since she’s already down that way, she gently lifts the Spoink’s back end to exam it from the bottom.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 5:59:22 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

WHEN THE SPOINK IS ADJUSTED, would find a cute butt; however, even more importantly, she would find an exit wound that has since healed over and burned skin, as if something surged through it with intense heat.

dahlia cringes, fingers to her lips as if to stop her from interrupting the recording. she looks to the doctor, eyes brimming with concern. investment. the commissioner hears the wealth of knowledge jingling like coins.[break][break][break]

instructions

TO PERFORM THE EXAMINATION, must identify anomalies or visual disturbances and their LOCATION within the Spoink image above. Should she find one or two, indicate in your post what you are examining with BOLDED TEXT. Occasionally, will let you know what you have found.

CUT THE BODY OPEN

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 6:26:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Awwww,” Eva cooed at the cute little Spoink butt when she flipped it over. However, the cuteness was cut short at the site of the wound. Eva furrowed her brows, leaning in to closely inspect the wound, “There is a strange wound on the caudal end of Piggy Smalls. It seems to be about 6-7 cm in length. There is significant granulation tissue with what appears to be cauterization of the wound edges,” she motioned for the RotomPhone to grab a picture of the wound, “The rest of the caudal aspect seems to be within normal limits. I will now examine the cranial end of Piggy Smalls to conclude my gross examination,” Eva tilted the Spoink back over slowly in order to examine the pokemon’s head where its pearl should be.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 5:21:29 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

DAHLIA CAN SEE how a Spoink, even when lifeless can be cute. But it's still odd. Commenting on the post mortem body's appeal; still, the Spoink looks like it is sleeping. Without touching its cold body, one may mistake it for having taken a siesta.

The commissioner finds herself charmed by 's conduct. Her approach is both personable and professional. How she notes detail with little stuttering, as if reading from a textbook without the cold toner, is a marvel that endears. She interjects after a moment's hesitance, not wanting to miss her chance: "Eva, you are simply... impressive."

When Eva examines the cranial area, she sees a similar wound. It's more dramatic here, as if the energy was concentrated in this space. However, closer examination would reveal small shards, almost invisible to the naked eye. They are embedded within the skin, some deeper than others.

Even in their small shapes, the doctor would be able to feel their energy.

instructions

TO PERFORM THE EXAMINATION, must identify anomalies or visual disturbances and their LOCATION within the Spoink image above. Should she find one or two, indicate in your post what you are examining with BOLDED TEXT. Occasionally, will let you know what you have found.

The last option left:
CUT THE BODY OPEN

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 6:50:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Dahlia’s word are lost between Eva’ thoughts. It’s the sound of her voice that pulls her up from her work. Her eyes flash towards the commissioner. After a moment of consideration, as her brain processes them, she smiles, “Thanks! I’m just . . . doing my job,” a token expression of hers.

Eva’s quick to return back to her work to complete her gross physical examination. She inspects the cranial aspect of Piggy Smalls carefully. Her brows furrow, scrutinizing the familiar wound before signaling the RotomPhone to snap a picture of it, “On the cranial aspect of Piggy Small there seems to be a similar wound to the caudal aspect. Here it is larger, deeper, and possess what seems to be even more charred integument,” Eva leans closer and blinds reaches for a set of forceps on the tray of tool. She grabs at something, “There are several small shards embedded into the skin surrounding the wound,” she leans back momentarily to grab a sample vial to place the shards in. She carefully an delicately picks up a few more pieces she can spot out and places when in the vial, sealing it tight, “These shards are labeled Sample 2 for further testing,” Eva pauses for a moment as the vial sits in her hand. It’s a strange feeling. A foreign sense of energy presses upon her like a weight she can’t shake off. She rolls the vial in her hand before setting it on the tray. It’s probably nothing.

“That concludes my gross examination of Piggy Smalls. I will now proceed with the necropsy,” Eva gently places Piggy Smalls in dorsal recumbency and readies her tools to proceed with cutting the body open.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 6:59:33 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

WHEN THE SPOINK IS CUT INTO, dr. morales' careful incision to ensure that nothing inside is accidentally sliced... might not be needed. when she opens the cavity, she would discover something peculiar. it is not a horrific sight, per se, but it is one that causes the jaw to drop due to its incredulity.

what she sees is something she has not ever encountered in her career— nor has she heard of such a thing happening in her studies. a clean line of the spoink's inner organs are gone. cleanly removed. no tearing, no cut... it's as if a portion of the spoink's guts has been sectioned off and removed without anything ever having had touched it. physically.

apart from this, the spoink shows signs of something akin to that of alcohol poisoning. it's as if the energy has been introduced into the body in vast amounts and with incredible speed, overwhelming the system.

as dr. morales continues, something moves in the stomach.

what does she do?
[break][break]

instructions

IN YOUR NEXT POST, simply explain what will do!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 18:38:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

She’s careful, as always. You can always cut more, but you can’t repair what you’ve already cut (most of the time). When she peels away the abdominal wall to peer inside the Spoink, she’s taken back at the sight, “Oh my,” she mutters, signaling for the Rotom to take a photo of the contents before she starts moving things around.

A hand gently probes the abdominal contents, inspecting the space carefully. Fingers trace along the edges of intestines that line the empty space between them. They’re clean edges, not evidence of trauma once so ever, “This is the strangest thing I’ve ever seen,” she’s fascinated, a sea of questions swimming through her mind, “It’s almost as if a whole section just . . . disintegrated,” is that the word she’s looking for? Disappeared from existence without leaving a trace?

Eva grabs a probe to gently pass it through the cranial and caudal ends of the strange lesion to see if it connects with the exterior wounds. Did the strange energy that caused those wounds tear right through Piggy Smalls and create this?

“Holy shit!” Eva nearly leaps out of her skin when the pokemon’s stomach moves. Freshly dead pokemon, sure, some residual energy may cause some muscle twitches but this pokemon had been dead a while. A sharp inhale helps her catch her breath. Before she continues, she throws on a pair of clear safety glasses and a mask. Can’t have gastric contents exploding in your face . . . that totally hasn’t happened before, “Oh Arceus, I hope this is just some residual gas or something,” Leaning back a bit, Eva carefully tents the stomach and cut into it.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 5:08:33 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

EVA'S CAUTION is interrupted by the creature that bursts out of the spoink's stomach. the commissioner screams, backing up into a nearby counter's hard edge. her hands remain webbed across her mouth as she stares at the pokemon that departs the corpse's gut.

an unown-f has emerged from the stomach, coated in gastric juices and half-digested particulate. it seems entirely unphased by the filth. its singular eye blinks at the doctor and the commissioner, white sclera flashing black. like a birthed child gaining sense of its new world, the unown floats around in confused circles.

perhaps, it's searching for something or someone. upon closer inspection, would notice small red dust on its body.

what does she do?
[break][break]

instructions

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 5:37:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The commissioner screams, Eva screams, they all scream. The last thing she’s expecting is a living thing to come bursting out of the dead thing’s stomach. The jolt forces Eva back in surprise, the scream accompanied by a few colorful words. The goggles are now splattered with gastric juice (thank Arceus she thought to wear them). With a swift motion, she rips them off and discards them onto the floor. A set of wide, curious eyes burn into the Unown.

Eva finds herself speechless. It’s a strange circumstance. Regardless, the doctor rights herself, standing straight again while simply observing. Something about the Unown seemed familiar, but she couldn’t quite put a finger on it. She’d never encountered such a pokemon. It's glistening body has more than just gastric juice clung to it. Is that red dust?

It seems confused, lost maybe? Eva leans closer, a slow, soft movement not meant to startle it, “Uh, hello there,” she coos in a soft voice. Does it even understand her? “You’re alright. We're not gonna hurt you,” she offers a warm smile to emphasize. In a bold move of confidence, she slowly reaches out a hand to offer the pokemon. It’s not extended enough to touch the Unown, she’d let it come to her on its own terms.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PATHOLOGY [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 22:59:24 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

PATHOLOGY

THE UNOWN floats around with little law or organization. It seems to follow an everchanging orbit, black body restless after being stuck within a dead flesh prison.

Before extends her hand, the UNOWN seemingly attempts to TELEPORT. What appears to be a vein or a rift begins to form below in flat 2D-shape— but it fails to materialize. Purring, the Unown instead, hovers over to the scientist's hand.

"do you think," Dahlia hushes her voice, lest the Pokemon hear her, "this is what killed it? i mean, piggie smalls."

For now, the UNOWN seems compliant. Friendly. It offers gratitude to the scientist who has liberated it from the dead.

instructions

Feel free to add this UNOWN to your PERSONAL COMPUTER. You can determine its very limited moveset like a GACHAPON POKEMON.