291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Scholar
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 22:10:41 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

His satchel is filled not with essays or research, it lacks the complicated terms and theories the man usually carries with him. No today he's armed with a textbook and a few worksheets. Weapons of choice. Hidden deeper still a slice of cake held steady in a plastic container, his hidden blade in case all else fails. His step is purposeful as he moves through the medical bay, a light rap against a med bay door and he's facing today's combatant.

He'd heard rumors of the girl, the youngest rocket agent injured in a mission. His heart sinks even if his eyes smile. There was no reason for a child this young to be here. No child should be here.

"Ms. Eris do you know who I am?"

He prays one day she's able to utilize that which he wishes to impart.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,597 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Scholar
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:53:21 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe! [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
idle times

Time passes much slower when you pray for it to run faster. Despite the swaths of mythology and botanical research she drowns herself in, Eris can never quite get time to move just like how she expects it. Passages that seem to span an hour really only last for 10 minutes, every detail picked clean from the story's carcass as she scribbles down little things in her notebook.
[break][break]
Was this how mother had worked in the comforts of the attic? Surrounded by numerous world maps and endless tidbits of information, only to pick out whatever was most relevant just to create a cohesive trail of the legendary beasts. It had been a wonder watching her work her magic, learning to read those cursive spells that flowed from her fountain pen before getting swept up into open arms and cuddled to sleep with a new bedtime story...
[break][break]
The memory is bittersweet against her lips, drawing a grimace from the child as she traces the words that have not belonged to her. Silence is a blessed curse that dredges up way too much for her liking, reflections never failing to pull her into a shattered mirror of what could have been. And so, the presence of a stranger is treated with muted appreciation, curiosity flickering in her eyes as she listens to the question he offers, watching as Reiner raises his hackles and rustles his fur.
[break][break]
Does she know who he is? Truth be told, she barely remembers any Rocket member that hasn't treated her as anything more than a nuisance, barely makes an effort to peruse the backgrounds of anyone who crosses her sight. She can neither entertain him with a proper answer, nor understand why he stands before her in this moment so she smiles, beckoning for Reiner to relax as she closes her notebook.
[break][break]
"You're mighty lost if you've arrived in the middle of summer, Santa. Last I looked, Rocket hadn't stolen the North Pole just yet."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Scholar
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 22:39:49 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Eyes move from the girl to the Luxray and quickly back to the girl.

"Then I suppose it's a good thing I'm not Santa." A short laugh follows as he takes a bedside seat cautious of the child's protector all the while.

"While I may not be Santa, I do have a gift for you, that is if you can answer a few questions." With that he'd reveal the pristine strawberry shortcake an eye watching to see how the girl reacts before offering the first of many questions.

"Now you, I, and Gavin shave in common. It's something very special outside of our affiliation. Do you know what that is? In fact this isn't the first time he'd seen the girl though it was the first time they spoke. There'd been times before his promotion he'd seen a young girl wander into labs and after having seen it a time or two he'd questioned her appearance, it wasn't long after the man got his answer as surprising as it may have been.

"Oh and bonus question! What were you working on in that notebook, that is only if you care to share."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,597 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Scholar
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 7:25:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe! [break][break]

[break]
idle times

After a few years of living together, Eris has realised that it's normal for people to be afraid of Reiner. From the way he warns people against raising a hand to the stern resting bitch face he possesses, the Luxray is more than willing to bite a chunk out of someone where necessary. But this stranger doesn't seem all too bad, laughter filling the room and lightening the bleak atmosphere that has plagued the room for so long.
[break][break]
"Is that strawberry?" Her attention snaps to the sweet he holds in his hands, tempting her silently and beckoning her to listen close. For him to share something that she and have in common, for him to term it as something special... There is a split second of confusion that crosses her expression, a gently frown trailing over her lips as she tries to pull away from the thought.
[break][break]
"You're friends with Lugia?" There is genuine curiosity that lingers in her voice, a certain peppiness that chases away the shadows within her thoughts. "Or maybe... you're interested in legendary pokemon?" The more she sieves through a list of traits, the more she realises that there is very little she knows about Gavin beyond the fact that he hasn't broken his pinky promise.
[break][break]
Arceus knows of the stash of chloroform she's somehow managed to obtain through the most valid of means! Not at all through committing little acts of swiping from the labs... Or she can just march into his office and offer him a nice dose of melatonin gummies? Either way, she should probably find some time to talk to him again.
[break][break]
"It's full of different stuffs." As soon as her notebook is mentioned, there is a reflexive defensiveness that burns in her chest, her fingers clutching tighter to it. "Herbs, notes on plants, wildlife, materials... Stories about legendary pokemon and momma's notes on where they've been seen throughout the years."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Scholar
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 21:47:09 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"Sadly I'm not friends with Lugia." He can't imagine a world where he is, thankfully he's unable to ruminate on the hurricane protector for too long as he's much more interested in what the child's book contained.

"I'd say that book is a great hint on its own Eris, you and your Mom made those notes?" It's now he pulls a book or two of his own from his bag. One of Arithmetic the other biology, nothing too complex, but judging by the notes in her journal he feels he should have brought more challenging material. "The answer Eris, is that we're all scientists." His hands find themselves affixed atop the books he's placed.

"For one reason or another, Gavin, and I chose to study. I believe it's because we wanted to help people. To learn more about the world and to share that knowledge for the good of everyone. I think your mother did the same, and judging by how often we find you in the labs. I'd like to believe you aren't too far behind either."

Moments later the cake would find its way to her hands,

"And yes Eris, it is strawberry, but more importantly it's yours."

"When I'm hurt, I find that to be the best time to learn. And so I'm here today to help you study Ms. Halla. I think you and I can learn a lot from each other."

There's more to say but he doesn't want to overload the girl just yet, Miles had another surprise or two in store for the girl, but he waits now content to bring a smile to the girl's face.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,597 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Scholar
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 14:49:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe! [break][break]

[break]
idle times

So she's taken her shot and missed the mark. A pity, but not one that completely warrants a sense of defeat. After all, a lack of familiarity only means that she'll be blindsided by any personal questions he asks.
[break][break]
"Mom made the basics, I've been filling it out by myself ever since." Pride shines through in her words, a finger gently tracing the spine of the book as she takes in a deep breath. The memories contained within each cursive letter, every snippet of laughter that had filled the room as they talked about nature and its boundless mysteries deep into the night.
[break][break]
She doesn't linger for long on the past, her attention drawn back to the answer provided. She can understand if people acknowledge her as a curious kid, a child who carries out wacky experiments from time to time but offering her the title of 'scientist'? The Biology and Arithmetic books he pulls out are of some degree of concern to her, her suspicions only growing as she listens to his ramblings about studying and sharing knowledge with the world.
[break][break]
But just before she can pull the stops on this operation and call him out, she's distracted by the cake, cautiously taking a bite of the desert and savouring every bit of sweetness it provides. Over the railings of her bed, she can spy those luminous eyes that look right at her, a slice of strawberry picked off the cake and waved before the Luxray as he happily gobbles it up.
[break][break]
"What kinds of stuff are we studying though?"
[break][break]
There's an edge to her voice, one that doesn't quite seem to fit in with her usual cheery nature. It's one that reeks of wariness, even if her worries are dampened by the sugary treat. Something about this feels like a bribery and every cell in her body is telling her to prepare to run.
[break][break]
All she needs is a confirmation of what she's dealing with.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Scholar
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 17:54:37 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

He doesn't miss the wariness in her voice, like an anxious growlithe, or a purrloin knowing a bath was in its near future. Still, Miles powers through, because watching the girl tense up was cute. He hopes to one day have a daughter like her, and perhaps one day he would.

"Well, today I have a little bit of biology. and If you're willing to suffer through let's say an hour of arithmetic. I may be willing to part with this."

He'd reach back into his bag, a satchel of many wonders pulling a second slice of cake, this one had various brown hues in layers. "A slice of tiramisu, I was saving it for myself, to be honest, but I'm always willing to share treats with good girls."

There's a playfulness amidst his calculated stare. He can barely stop himself from cackling as he watches the girl taking far too much pleasure in exploiting this child even if it was for her own good.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,597 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Scholar
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 6:31:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe! [break][break]

[break]
idle times

It's clear that Eris is dealing with an intellect, an actual big brainer who can somehow see four parallel universes ahead of her. Even though she perks up at the thought of biology, she can feel her soul withering away with the curse of 'arithmetic'. Her hand twitches, Reiner's ears twitching as the two of them start eyeing the door.
[break][break]
But that's when Miles plays his trap card - Yet another slice of cake presented before her very eyes as he makes a rather one-sided deal. Eris squints at the audacity of this man. Does he really think she's going to fall for the same trick twice?
[break][break]
She's not going to fall for it. She's not going to fa-
[break][break]
"We can cut the time short if I finish the work fast, right...?"
[break][break]
She fell for it.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Scholar
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 15:39:07 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

He can tell by the look in her eyes that she's fallen into the trap. Truthfully this second slice belonged to a certain who would simply go without tonight, such were the sacrifices of education, though Miles has faith she'll survive. That said perhaps if Eris studied hard perhaps one day she too would be able to learn the man's tricks regardless of how little they had to do with math.

"Ah someone seems a little confident."

He takes this opportunity to crack open one of the books, it was surprising how at peace he was in the situation, there certainly was a simple joy in working with children, Eris in particular in her wryness was particularly fun to work with.

"But we could, as long as they're all right of course."

And this would be the beginning of the many Lessons Miles Sharp and Eris shared, a small oasis in the darkness that was Team Rocket.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,231 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Scholar
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 0:52:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: