Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 4:02:15 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the birth of new machop comes as a series of little miracles. their dinosaur-like features come brimming with surprise. stupid expressions, marveling at the new world around them, come tumbling from eggs and in moments, find fighting stances. upon bathing in the fresh air of verdanturf, skin hardens quick like fists.

here, noah and several gym trainers train a myriad of machop. though some follow disciplined action, others clash clumsily against senior makuhita. a white folding table is stationed nearby for those interested in gym trainer applications. another is set for those who want to have a go at training a toddler.

a yelp. frustrated by its inability to strike true, a machop jumps the set up fence. in its haste, it leaps without looking— and slams into a trainer with a hard thud.

noah scrambles to the fence, sneakers slipping on the grasses briefly. "hey! you alright?!" the machop rises and twists its torso as if to flee further. "grab him!— please!" he adds.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,942 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 4:57:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"kind of an interesting idea, don't you think?" greyson asked ellie, reviewing the message from some hr rep back at the headquarters. ellie's was barely visible clinging to his hair, and she chimed something of an agreement. or a dismissal. or she could've just been humming something. it was hard to say. "executive decision. we're doing it."

and that's how greyson found himself sitting on the sidelines, witnessing the, uh, beauty of birth. that was the correct answer to witnessing things like this, wasn't it? who liked to hear second-hand accounts of witnessing the birth of a pokemon as "uncomfortable" or filled with a "lot of questions on the size and dimensions of that egg" and "how the-".

he had to admit it was truly impressive to see a creature immediately emerge from an egg ready to whoop ass. approaching, he watched the fighting types work from just behind the fence. "ah, what the," greyson squeaked out, a quick but painful pinch at his scalp. ellie's face poked out, ready to mew apologetically before her expression stretched into one of shock and fear. the trainer turned just in time to see a small force of nature barreling over the fence and... right at him.

the air was forced from his lungs painfully, the trio going down together and with the machop landing on his chest. the toddler was already moving quick to escape as a vague voice called out to him to grab it.

"uh- shi- yeah, on it!" greyson grabbed at the tiny creatures, barely wrapping his fingers around it's torso. "got it!" he wheezed outwards, made worse by the fact he was now laying on his stomach, arms outstretched and holding a fidgeting pokemon. one that could probably life his entire body. was this a good idea?

notes + i hope this way okay! this should be full of developments.
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 5:39:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah cringes at the wave of secondhand pain. his body recalls past collisions; hidden injuries mechanize underneath his frame, galvanized by memory. he leaps the fence.

"oh man, i got you." noah seizes the squirming shape from greyson's fingers. a grunt or two is all it takes to secure the machop in his arms. "not bad. got pretty good reflexes."

the gym leader's smile peaks and sets over the machop's head ridges.

"you might have what it takes to be one of my gym trainers."

noah jests half-serious. a colleague runs over to retrieve the machop from his arms. finally freed, he extends a hand to greyson to lift him up.

"what's your name, man?" noah's eyes flicker to the comfey hidden in the man's hair.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,942 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 6:22:34 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson is relieved when the small pokemon is taken off his hands both literally, and figuratively. "i try," is all the tall youth can manage as he attempts to sit up. there's still a hint of that panic as he does his best to suck air back into his lungs. still, he couldn't help but hear the stranger's next words and feel thrown off balance. well, more off balance. "gym trainer?" he asks, a bit taken back.

greyson blinks as he reaches out and grabs the other mans hand, feeling the calluses and noah's firm grip as he does.

"greyson," he replies, back on his feet. he begins to dust his clothes off, paying special attention to the back of his pants and coat. his hand goes up to check on the fairy-type in his head, and finds shes a bit shaken, but otherwise fine. "and this," he said, gathering her in his hands, "is ellie." he holds her out in front of him, cupping her in both hands. the comfey mews in greeting but her gaze soon returns to the group of training pokemon. greyson's own soon follows.

"is this, uh- i mean-" his words catch. "are they all yours?" he finally manages, attention pulling to the large gathering of trainers and pokemon.

enthralled for the moment, he doesn't even realize his lack of manners.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 1:56:14 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "cute." noah finds himself saying, for he has an unconditional love of little creatures. the underestimated and looked down upon. for he is a littler man himself, and his dependence on his pokemon possibly mirrors the comfey's on its owner.

he looks to the crowd of machop. their fists and feet may strike firm, but noah can see how delicate they are. like eyelid. like petal. no discipline.

"yeah, man! well, sort of. kind of?" noah scratches his neck; the gray specifics of protocol require constant review. "the league owns them technically, but i train them up. the gym adopts some, but the rest go into league reserves." he puts his hands on his hips, leaning in close like a shopkeep. "why? want one?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,942 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 6:07:39 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

despite the size difference, with greyson standing a little over six feet, he'd understand noah's feelings. greyson always felt smaller on the inside than he appeared. it too, was why he found solace in the comfey's presence. even why he was here now, surrounded by the cute and tiny.

'to wage war.' he finishes in his head. his heart breaks at the idea of these eager, determined children being sent off to wait. to wait for a fight that's inevitable. maybe not all of them. but even one was enough. in a way, his own pokemon shared a similar fate; because so did he. standing by until they were needed.

greyson quickly shakes the thoughts away, hoping the somber look on his face goes unnoticed. as noah leans in, he blinks and chuckles awkwardly. "i- i'm not sure?" he admits. "i never thought that was an option," he adds softly, as if talking to himself. realization flashes across noble features. "ah, i'm sorry. what was your name?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 0:28:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 and that is why these machop must hit the ground fighting. eggshell is little defense against the region's looming horrors. to be born in this time, in this place, may be considered unlucky by most.

but born any later, and these pokemon may as well stay within their shells. that is, should worse come to worst.

the gym leader laughs and jabs a firm thumb against his own chest. "noah faber. gym leader of verdanturf." nearby, a machop falls on its face with a sturdy thud. "actually, you might wanna wait a bit before buying. they're a bit rough around the edges."

he watches as an attendant scoops the wailing pokemon into her arms. it quiets and for a moment, all is right in the world.

"you live here? or are you just passing by?"

/ mission
note: your writing is so good!! ♥️

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,942 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 2:02:44 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"gym leader?" he echos, the words escaping him before he could think. this guy was a gym leader? one of the eight strongest trainers in the region before the elite four and it's champion? for some reason, he felt even more embarrassed at having the wind knocked out of him. he'd one day have to face noah for his badge and as far as first impressions go, he had a serious doubt he'd be taken seriously when that day comes. greyson blinked as he bore the weight of the realization, but did his best to cover it up.

"t-that's really cool," he finally spits out, not at all as smooth as he'd have liked. "nice to meet you, uh, sir." he adds, unsure of how protocol works. in terms of the league hierarchy, gym leaders they were kind of, technically above him. more so in league (no pun intended) with the council and their business. those were far, far above greyson's head. he looks at the machop eating the dirt from it's collision, thankful for a reprieve.

"i'm just passing by," he takes out his phone, pushing and pulling to remove it from his pocket, showing noah the message. "a voluntary request from the league, actually. i couldn't really resist baby pokemon." he smiles bashfully, adding a small, nervous chuckle to boot. "do you uh, have these events often?"

notes + thank you! i'm a huge fan of how alive and realistic your writing is.
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 4:09:24 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the honorific rings oddly to noah— but perhaps, it rings in the space he measures from his head to the other's. although height should mean little, it is difficult to ignore how big differences can be.

"aha," noah squints, the sunlight cast against the screen, "you know man, we've been looking for up and coming trainers. not just for volunteer work too."

he folds his arms over his chest. against the soft winds of verdanturf, his short stature firms up with hard muscle.

"we do," an index finger rubs his chin on the stretch of skin under his lip, "but we're always short people... you don't strike me as the battling type- but are you?"

/ mission
note: asfaslkj i'm super flattered. greyson feels so realized and real to me.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,942 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 2:56:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

good. sir was the right answer. at least, it didn't seem to be the wrong one. "are you looking for something specific?" he asks curiously. in a job like this, it could be anything from needing an extra-hand battling trainers, to some sort of protection detail. then again, was he referencing gym related activities, or league?

his head hurt from over analyzing every situation.

"i'm- " what did he say? that he wanted to be champion? everyone did. and after that display earlier, would that make him look more foolish? oh well. "i'm actually hoping to have all the badges by the end of the year." greyson nearly cringes. it's one thing to say that after making a fool of yourself. it's another to say it to a guy who you're going to have to challenge to accomplish that.

please don't challenge me to a battle. please don't challenge me to a battle. please don't-

his thoughts race.

notes + thank you!! he's just super awkwrad and over analying. the perfect millenial.
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 6:57:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "just capable trainers, man. capable trainers."

greyson's goal comes as a spark; an ambition that lashes out like a sudden sprout in hastened timelapse. the stem springs out from the earth like a whip before the bloom: an exciting spectacle, sped and surging toward the end of the year.

"i could challenge you to a battle right nooooow," the unaware gym leader stretches the single syllable as if to search for holes, "but i gotta focus on these machop anyway."

still, he pulls out his badge from his pocket. an emblem of interlocking fists glint under the sun, pinched between his fingers.

"i'll wait for you then." noah says.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,942 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 22:08:59 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

“i’m not an expert trainer or anything, but-” he pauses, thinking through his next words carefully. could it be considered arrogance? pride? “if you ever need a stand-in for one of your trainers, feel free to reach out.” the violet eyed youth held serious doubt noah would call on him, but he felt it polite to offer it anyways.

in the end, noah decides against battling against him. part of him feels disappointed as the bundle of nerves in the pit of his stomach dissipate to nothing; like standing on the edge of a bridge, bungie coil wrapped around your ankles, only to back down. he hears the echo of his heart thrumming in his ear, slowly returning to normal as the adrenaline subsides.

“i look forward to it,” greyson grins, burning the image of the man’s badge into his mind. he will have it. but on another day. for now, though, he turns his attention to the matter at hand.

“i’d like to help with the machop, if you need the extra hands.”

notes + oof. loved the continued visual of your writing.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 4:50:10 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "i'll take you up on the offer." noah speaks brightly, as if every syllable is the punching flare of a spotlight.

he tosses his badge in the air before catching it, while his free hand fishes out a trainer card with his contact information scribbled behind. noah pockets the badge as he extends his details in shining holographic.

"sure!" noah opens a gate in the fencing. "might wanna wear protective clothing. we've had our fair share of accidental black eyes and bruises." he beckons for greyson as the machop begin to swarm them like a sea of grey.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,942 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 6:21:14 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson takes noah's, and hastily scribbles information on the back of his to give to him. when noah moves to open the gate, his warning falls on greyson like an old cartoon anvil. "b-black eyes and bruises?" would he look rugged with injuries? more appealing to the ladies? lost in thought, he falls behind, noah pushing through the swarm of baby pokemon.

they stare at him eagerly.

"uh, noah. where did you say that equipment was again?"

"...noah?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ingrain [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 6:38:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: