Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 5:45:20 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

visiting home is bittersweet. on one hand, he's here with the people that care about him most. on the other, he feels like he's taking two steps back. a constant, lingering fear of not accomplishing enough tickles the back of his mind. sighing, greyson finds himself in the center of town, eyeing the bed of flowers.

he thinks of the future. of one day owning a number of vespiqueen hives; of collecting the gym badges; fighting the elite four. each more difficult than the last. and all of them still stepping stones. greyson sighs again, lost in his own thoughts.

close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
You got my soul in your solar system But you keep my heart out of hand
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 2:37:34 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leo"]

visiting home is heartwarming. he comes home every so often - usually on weekends, when the workload is light - and is always welcomed by the same smell of his mother's cooking, the comforting sight of his dad opening the day's paper, and the crackling of a fire. today, however, he's not spending time with either of his parents — his mom is busy with her housecleaning, and she shooed him out of the house almost as soon as she was able. not that he minds it either - not really; his mom is kind of a bundle of stress on days like these.

[break][break]

leo stands in the summer-warm weather, lens pointed at the sky, and then out at the horizon, when his aperture focuses on the sight of a familiar set of dark hair and brooding violet eyes.

[break][break]

a grin breaks across his face, as clean as the sky that beams brightly above.

[break][break]

he waves. "rayray!" he chimes to , letting his camera hang around his neck as he approaches his old neighbor, singing an old childhood nickname.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.leo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#edb240;[/newclass]

[newclass=.leo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.leo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 4:02:49 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]visiting home is comforting. being away for so long and never once visiting has made him long for it. so when he finally returns, and though he's still suffering from the worst case of jet lag (as evident by the bags under his eyes), there's nothing stopping him from going into town.

he strolls through the streets, admiring places and shops that he frequented so often when he was younger. he's so lost in it that he doesn't even see two familiar faces, and it's not until he feels a zap from inside his pocket that he peers up.

his lips shapes into a grin as he approaches.

"there's no way..."

he stops, practically peers up at the two giants. he raises a hand and makes a gesture towards their heads and his.

"i don't like this. not one bit."

[attr="class","noodles"] +
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 5:17:10 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson's eyes sweep upwards as a voice carries itself on the wind. it's excited and full of life. it's loud and familiar. it's.. leo? what was he doing here? he barely looks a day older. it'd been a few years, hadan't it? greyson pushes himself off the railing from which he was leaning, turning to face him and-

"you've gotta be kidding me."

the tree men meet halfway, a look of shock spreading across greyson's eyes. what the hell are the odds? "this is.. what are you two doing here?" one by one he gives each a quick hug, finally turning to danny, eyes turning down to look him in the eye. greyson smirks, his memory recalling many, many jokes. he sticks to one.

"someone lose their sassy child?"
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 5:33:45 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leo"]

predictably, his childhood friend looks less than enthused to see him — at least less enthused than leo, which is not a particularly difficult feat to manage considering that almost everyone was always less enthusiastic than the golden retriever version of a man. still, leo watches as his friend slips down from his seat on the railing and then approaches them, head tilted slightly at the other's comment. "huh? nope, no jokes here," he says, smiling good naturedly as he's pulled into a hug.

[break][break] it's only then that he notices that it isn't just him and — it's too!

[break][break] leo is practically beaming as he watches his two childhood friends embrace. of course, he tries to be patient waiting for his turn but he can't and ends up practically clobbering the two in a suffocating hug. "i can't believe you guys are back home! what are the odds?" he laughs, and then reaches forward to ruffle the younger of the trio's hair - if he'll let him.

[break][break] "aw c'mon," he chides, in reference to the other's previous comment. he didn't like this? pfft. "you love us. admit it."

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.leo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.leo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 6:20:19 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]once the tallest of the three, it stings a little when the other two tower over him. okay, not really, but it feels that way — especially when he's suffocated in their hugs. he practically gasps for air when they finally break.

"i never said i didn't."

he retorts as his hair's ruffled up into even more of a mess. leo should feel the slightest bit of static when he pulls away.

"i just don't like how i'm now the shortest. it was always grey. it feels strange, unnatural, like the world's about to end."

he feigns a shudder, then breaks into a laugh.

"you two didn't plan on meeting up without me, did you?"

[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 6:38:33 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

as arms wrap around, bringing danny in what would've been a brief hug, the motion enhanced weight of leo crashes into them. it nearly knocks them all to the ground before greyson's heel digs in to catch them. "seriously, what are the odds?" he says, chuckling and putting a foot of space between them all.

"to answer you," he says to leo, turning to look at him with a sarcastic look of contemplation as he too answers the question meant for danny, "that's still out for the jury to decide for me on this one.  how can i love friends that up and abandon me?" he feigns hurt, but turns to danny as he does so. "and you- it's probably some sort of karma for all the years of bullying my height. now you're forever gatekept from the perfection that is six feet." greyson shrugs, snickering. finally, he looks between both of his friends, an undeniable smile plastered on his face.

"what brings you guys to town?"
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 2:15:39 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leo"]

the static doesn't bother leo in the slightest, not when half of his pokemon are electric types. in fact, the static cling almost seems to make leo shine that much brighter, as he pulls away, laughing at his friend's comment. feels unnatural? that seemed a tad dramatic. then again, it wasn't like didn't have a thing for the dramatics. "well," leo said with a grin, expression turning thoughtful, as he put a finger to his lip. "you could always wear something to make yourself taller. like... like... heels!"

[break][break] the image of the youngest in heels was a hilarious thought, he had to admit.

[break][break] "abandon you?" leo says with a laugh. looks like danny wasn't the only one for the dramatics. not that he was really surprised — the two were always quite a pair. he huffs goodnaturedly and pouts. "i didn't abandon you! i went to school. in fact — " he said, as if the thought suddenly occurred to him. "plus, i just came home last weekend! where were you, huh?"

[break][break] leo blinked at the final question from , a remind of the topic at hand. "oh — yeah!" he brightened again, as if remembering. "finals are over, so i came home for break! mom kicked me out of the house though, you know how she gets when she's in a cleaning mood."

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 9:12:28 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]karma...oh no. is he eternally cursed to remain this short because of all his short jokes? the thought has him cringing, but it passes quickly at the mention of heels.

"oh yeah, i could wear heels...but i think i'll pass — you guys need this more than me."

he turns to greyson and smacks him on his shoulder.

"i actually just got back from galar. your boy just graduated."

he wears an expression of smugness but it doesn't reflect well. it's as if it's not his own; something borrowed.

"what about you, grey boy? what you been up to?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 21:54:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson pictures for a moment danny in heels. he shudders and tosses the idea away quickly, turning to his friends as they banter.

he listens in turn to leo, and then danny, talk about their experiences; one graduating- was it college? something else?- the other, still attending. then he stops, thinking for a moment. where was he last week? “i visited the safari reservation a few cities away,” he says, reaching down and grabbing the ponyta's orb from his belt. “got a new friend or two.” a proud grin spread across his lips. how many could say they’ve been able to acquire a rare, shiny pokemon?

“i’ve been..” greyson hesitates, unsure of what the right answer was. what was he doing? “been taking some time for myself i guess. exploring the region; planning to get badges.” like everyone else. did greyson have a clear path he wondered?

when leo brings up his parents, greyson swallows thickly. he hasn’t been home in a few weeks and his parents seemed to be getting along with leo’s. he gives danny a knowing, subtle look.

“how are your parents leo?”
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 6:16:03 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leo"]

leo didn't really understand what the fuss was about — heels seemed perfectly fine. then again, it wasn't like leo had ever worn them... plus knowing himself, he'd probably be too clumsy in them and fall face-first in mudbray —

[break][break] ah. so maybe he did get it.

[break][break] it seemed all of them were grateful for the conversation to move forward, so leo peered curiously as the two of them engaged back into their banter. as always, most of it sailed over the brunette's head — up until danny revealed his news. "woah, congrats!" leo said, going forward to hug his friend a congratulatory hug and leaping onto his back — regardless of whether or not the shorter man could bear the weight.

[break][break] as he's doing so, however, greyson mentions catching some new pokemon, and leo's gaze brightens, his attention averted. "oh! oh, me too!" he peels himself off of greyson, and reaches into his pocket too. he unclips churro from his belt in a jiffy, the light spilling from the sphere to reveal the shimmering golden canine. "this is churro. churro, say hi!"

[break][break] with a big, loud woof, the arcanine happily licks the face of the closet one next to him - whether it be or . meanwhile, making no move to stop him, leo tilts his head as he's asked about his parents and shrugs his shouldeers. "oh, you know, same old. mom missed me, and dad is nagging me to pick a different major. the same old stuff. " he pauses, then turns his gaze towards the others. "what about you guys?"

[break][break]

+ sorry for the wait!

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 7:59:59 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"thanks, leo—"

danny expects the hug but not the leap. his legs buckle, just barely able to catch the sudden weight of leo on his back. but he's otherwise fine. he chuckles, shifting his hands down to loop around leo's legs for better support.

only for him to slide off anyways.

"hi, churro!"

danny offers the shiny arcanine a wave, then narrows his eyes. he also has an arcanine, though he doesn't call arc out right now.

"i see you've decided to join the arcanine fan club. didn't know i inspired you that much!"

after sharing a knowing look with greyson, danny offers a casual shrug when the question's turned back around on him.

"they're both still busy as ever so they're barely home, but that's fine. i get the whole house to myself."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 5:57:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"oof."

the weight of the arcanine threatens to topple him over, though he pushes off of his right foot.

"down churro. down!"

once he does he releases his shiny pokemon - rae, the g!ponyta. she approaches danny curiously, large eyes watching.

"not an arcanine but, hey, got something a little special myself. say hi, rae."

greyson only furrows his brow for a moment, but gives danny a look that says 'don't be awkward.' when danny reveals he has the whole house to himself, he whistles in appreciation.

"mom and dad are still home. i got my own place in lilycove, actually. just visiting."
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 1:57:16 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leo"]

leo laughs good-naturedly. "he just wants to say hi!" still, despite it, he knows that greyson would probably much rather not be a slobbery mess so he grabs the arcanine's collar, tugging him gently off the other. the arcanine plops down on his behind, tongue lolling out of mouth happily, and barks once more as leo ruffles him between the ears.

[break][break] he grins back at danny, unabashed. "o'course! you're the coolest." even though, technically, catching churro had been purely incidental. not that @danny needed to know that!

[break][break] light brown eyes draw up in admiration at the colorful ponyta that materializes into air. "woah!" the boy gasps, stepping forward immediately to grin at the other and stroke her beautiful mane, petting her muzzle. had plenty of ponyta on the ranch, but none of them as colorful and bright as this.

[break][break] he's so busy petting 's pokemon, that he almost misses the conversation. "aw, that's cool! you gotta invite us?" he grins at greyson, a twinkle in his eye, before he turns back to danny. "man, you're lucky you got the whole place to yourself! i wanna see. it's forever since i've been over."

[break][break] which wasn't really technically true since a few months ago, his mother had sent him over to the halls to deliver some empanadas for easter.

[break][break]

+ sorry for the wait!

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
bittersweet [s]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 8:41:51 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"man i don't have a shiny to share."

he'll have to catch one eventually; can't fall behind these two, no sir.

understanding the furrow of greyson's brow, danny clears his throat, awkward, then looks to leo with a beaming smile.

"and yeah! come on over whenever. maybe even this evening? could fire up the old playstation so i can kick both your asses again. just like old times."