291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 23:26:29 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Hidden beneath his sleeve are fresh bandages loosely covering a gash received about two weeks prior. How he'd made it out of the hospital unquestioned was a mystery to him, though he knows his date has something to do with it. How much she knew, however, was still unknown to him, and breaching that topic was too much for the moment. Especially seeing how much he'd put her through in the acquiring of said wound in the first place. No, he was content to simply enjoy a date with the woman who he was coming to terms with was probably the girl of his dreams and the various little stresses the came with that, like not knowing what flavor of ice cream she liked.

It was as classic as it was casual, a date in the park. A far cry from the last time they'd visited the city together. The smell of salt water permeates the air a day that couldn't be more perfect on paper. They'd spent the last hour or two picnicking and while the food had long since disappeared a need for something sweet was apparent between the two. Thankfully, ice cream and parks were synonymous or at least they were today, and so Miles was returning to a particularly warm bench under the sun with two fresh cones.

"I didn't know what you liked, but you seem like a cookie dough type of girl. In that, I definitely see you being impatient and eating raw cookie dough."

He wouldn't mention the full scope of that thought when he'd initially made the choice, it began with a scenario of him baking, and ended in a culmination of him understanding that love was essentially letting the girl you were enamored with pick at raw cookie dough that you were planning to bake with little complaint.

"Brilliant deduction I know." He's been cavalier today if only to keep her at ease, he needs to show her that he's safe, he's with her and that the wounds from the weeks prior hadn't slowed him down regardless of how they ached from time to time.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Blood
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 0:01:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport park

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
If she said that she hadn't thought about how the nurses, upon their traumatic and dramatic arrival of blood and panic and her definitely crying, informed her that they had no prior medical records of the man for well over a year, that would be a lie. But she was an absolute pro at burying what made her uncomfortable and choosing to simply look past it. One might even call her an expert. Was it healthy? Absolutely not, but it went without saying that she was the type to make sacrifices for the people she loved.[break][break]

And if it wasn't abundantly clear just how important Miles was to her, you're a fool.[break][break]

So she simply chose not to address it. He didn't ask and to her, that indicated innocence. There must be a reason the man hadn't checked into a hospital for any reason for over a year, right? Not everyone was her, busting ribs or reopening old scars weekly in the name of keeping peace against aliens.. or something. [break][break]

Stormy crosses one leg over the other, intentionally bumping him in the process. It is a natural, effective way to keep contact, a subtle need to remain present. Or maybe she's just clingy.[break][break]

"I do sometimes eat raw cookie dough! Isn't it funny that they just made it a thing? All of those warnings about the dangers of eating raw cookie dough.. and then they mass produce it anyway!"[break][break]

Clearly, she doesn't understand why it's dangerous, or the fact that the cookie dough in her ice cream is not the same as what she made herself at home. For such an important person and role model, she sure was narrow-minded or oblivious to very mundane, seemingly easy-to-understand things.[break][break]

Instinctively, she reaches for his hand. But when she touches him she instinctively tenses, sucking in a breath and slowing her eager approach. Regardless of his cavalier attitude, she seemed concerned that she might be too much.[break][break]

"Sorry, I keep forgetting that that's your bad arm. Thank you again, for the ice cream. Cookie dough is my favourite, and it's sweet that you figured me out so easily."[break][break]

She smiles, before biting into the top of her cone like a crazy person.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 2:51:43 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

As she speaks about eating raw cookie dough Miles can't help but sigh, even so, a smile doesn't leave his face. "Storms you can't just... Well at the very least we can make a date out of getting your stomach pumped." He's only half-joking, any chance he had to spend with her was spent with her without question. At this point, she was familiar with his whole team. Even during his recovery, they'd made points to see each other consistently. Something that didn't help an already dangerous infatuation with the woman, or rather it'd become more than that now.

When she bumps into him he doesn't let go keeping their bodies connected for a second or two longer, her touch is akin to magic and letting go was a fool's errand, though he is careful not to drop his own cone in the clash. She worries over his arm and he flexes it an attempt to prove his health, even if the movement was slower than it typically was. He'd then use said arm to close the bit of a gap insisting on keeping connected. Once again enjoying that warmth that permeated every fiber of her being.

"I don't have a bad arm Stormy, and I live to please."
He didn't, but she brings that out of him.

When she takes a solid bite Miles watches with mild humor enjoying his own treat as any sane person did.
"Hey close your eyes for a second." It's more of a command than a request.

The idea struck him soon after she takes her first chunk, but it took a second to act on it. He leans in close playing with the idea of intimacy only to take a bite of her cone as she'd done only moments prior.

"Not my way to enjoy a scoop, but I have to say good choice in the flavor." He speaks between swallows so the response is more garbled than anything. Needless to say, he felt very confident in the moment, or at least he did until the brain freeze hit.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Blood
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 14:12:14 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport park

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy laughs, but it doesn't quite reach her toes if only because she genuinely does not really understand. That, and a date in which she's getting her stomach pumped doesn't sound romantic or fun for either party. [break][break]

And her solemness is rectified by his display of confidence. She breathes out a sigh and relaxes as his fingers slip through hers to maintain their connection. Idly, the woman's thumb strokes his skin, and she allows herself to lean against him just slightly.[break][break]

"You please me every day, Miles."[break][break]

He uses that nickname again and she gently squeezes his hand, tucking him closer to her by laying their united hands in her lap.[break][break]

Stormy seems to thoroughly enjoy her crazy-person bite, one that she'd definitely taken just to see what his reaction would be than something she typically did. In fact, she's presently tensing with sudden brain freeze when he orders her to close her eyes. The woman chuckles, but obliges, slowly closing her eyes.[break][break]

And, ever the romantic, she waits with bated breath for what she expects to be something sweet. His breath is cool, given his appetite for ice cream, against her lips. But at the last second, and mid smile of hers, Miles dips to take a bite out of her ice cream in the same manner she had. [break][break]

With a gasp, Stormy moves her cone away with a display of mock horror while he attempts to speak through a mouthful of cookie dough and vanilla.[break][break]

"Hey now! That's just cruel! Playing with my heart like that, only to steal a bite. You only have to ask, you know, I'm quite good at sharing."[break][break]

She essentially cackles, however, as his face contorts into an evident brain freeze.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 15:14:30 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

His head writhes for seconds on end unable to respond in the second. A few breaths and the pain dulls relenting to something of a dull ache while he eyes the girl.

"I suppose that was a tad improper." He pulls the girl against him now in a purposeful motion skin grazes against each other before lips follow suit, a chaste kiss.

"Am I forgiven?" The entirety of his short plan comes to fruition as the peck ends gaze focused on her entirely now. Another moment of the many he'd wished could last forever with the girl. Slate eyes mingle with Ruby.

With his free hand, he'd bring his own cone forward, "If not with that then a free bite of mine. fair, no?" The vanilla pecan scoop would sit somewhat lopsided in the cone threatening to melt in the light if it wasn't consumed soon. Before the conversation could continue a crowd of three would make themselves known to the two.

Two girls and a boy none of whom were older than 12. All were plucky and full of life, despite the region's turmoil. Very heartening to say the least

One of the girls decides to speak up first, obviously having pulled the short straw out of the group.

"Um Miss, Sorry to bother but we were wondering are you by chance....?"

It's funny. How quickly a life can be overturned. Funny how humans were built to be hardy, adaptable. People could certainly overcome Miles personally believes they were built to do so. After all, it was what they'd done for hundreds possibly thousands of years. But for all their strength they were also like glass. Even the lightest touch could shatter one irrevocably, irreversibly.

Why were they built like that?
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Blood
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 15:29:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport park

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
And she laughs nearly till she bursts, laughs until her stomach cramps and tears well up in her eyes. To see him this way, numb and in pain(but in a good way) brings her no end of joy. It is then, she realizes, that she loves him. Their relationship had evolved far faster than expected. The hike up the side of the mountain had plateaued when she'd met him, a breath of fresh air, a sense of relief and genuine happiness.[break][break]

His apology comes with a brief kiss, one that she wishes could last forever. But he is ever at arms length at the same time he tucks himself in close. She catches her breath, wiping a tear from her eye with the back of her thumb as she recovers from her fit of laughter.[break][break]

The woman's attention shifts to his offered ice cream cone, and she instinctively dips her head to catch the side of the sweet treat before it melts into either of their laps. It still drips, however, landing on her nice dress. Not that she minds, of course, and not that she really noticed given the sudden interruption.[break][break]

Stormy is smiling, carefree and in a good mood. Little does she know that that plateau of happiness would turn into a free-fall.[break][break]

The little girl offers up a photo of the elite four alongside Wadjet. It is a sweet picture capturing the love and trust between trainer and Pokemon, Stormy's hands caressing either side of the dragons face to bring its forehead to hers. Ultimately, the conversation leads up to Stormy agreeing to sign it, confirming the little girls suspicion that she is, indeed, Stormy Silph.[break][break]

And it doesn't occur to her that she hadn't told Miles. It doesn't occur to her that he's suddenly cold. The children, giddy with excitement, quickly take off with their newly signed photograph. Stormy glances back to Miles, her relaxed smile quickly slipping into concern.[break][break]

"Miles? What's wrong?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 17:03:09 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Shards fall each reflecting an assortment of memories and faces painful and joyous alike. The eternal dichotomy, a balance now broken resting in as many crystals as there were stars in the sky. And he can only watch them shatter, fragment into pieces even tinier than they were, after all he'd been broken long before her role in his life. No, it was thanks to her the pieces had regained some semblance of form only to shatter them a second time. Stars that'd foregone their explosions evolving into a system of black holes before ever truly shining.

His skin freezes as light fades. The warmth of the day, the warmth of moments only minutes prior- the touch of her lips left on his. Leave him frostbitten, for all the warmth she radiated he can feel none. ​

Was it a sick joke, or a cruel fate? A plan so perfectly laid; crafted from top to bottom to rend his soul from his body couldn't have been visualized. To kill him, to plunge a dagger into his breast would have been a mercy now, one he'd beg for if only he could speak. For all of humanity's resilience, his is at an end. With that gone he's nothing, he can't breathe much less think. He's never known pain like this not in a realm physical or mental. He barely grasps the children leaving while his chest heaves attempting for the umpteenth time to reach for air to no avail.

His vision is hazy and he's forced to step back his brain attempting to process anything, but it fails each step breaks beneath him a free fall with nothing to grab onto. Until finally the pressure valve releases his body acts on its own forcing a cough.

On the outside joy is replaced by pain, fear, and doubt all amalgamating into complete panic.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Blood
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 17:26:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport park

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Panic seems to sweep over the man, but she confuses it for pain. There isn't a reason she can think of in the moment that makes sense, that gives reason to the abrupt coldness she feels from him. He pulls out of her grasp suddenly and it, in the process, causes her to spill her ice cream.[break][break]

At some point, that panic he felt had manifested in her chest. Warmth, uncontrolled, seeps from her skin and melts the ice cream into liquid. When he stands upright, she stands up with him, mirroring his movements. It slops the cookie dough mush onto his clothing and she gasps, reaching for a napkin and then for him.[break][break]

"Oh, shit. Hold on, I'll clean this up, I'm so sorry."[break][break]

But there is something breaking in his expression that breaks her. Her voice shakes as she studies him, eyes frantically making a path up and down his figure, settling on his injuries she knew were hidden beneath clothing.[break][break]

"Miles? You're scaring me. What's wrong, do you need me to take you home? We can go home."[break][break]

And her thoughts jump to the image of her, giddy with excitement and hiding something behind her back while he'd been getting ready. She'd met him at his place earlier this afternoon before they'd left for their picnic. When he wasn't looking, she'd set a pokeball on the counter all dressed up in ribbons and whatnot. [break][break]

With it had been a note gushing about their almost 3-month anniversary. It was out of character for her to do such a thing but it'd felt right. When she'd left, she'd felt excitement for returning to see his reaction. Now, she felt only dread, like once again she'd gone a step too far and ruined everything.[break][break]

"Miles?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 3:44:34 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

His breathing remains unstable as everything collapses in real-time, pain never once leaves his eyes. He's back in that moment. The sea salt air was masked by smoke and fire. He watches Fernando step past his body while he screams - begs for help. Slateport is a war ground buildings have sunken into the earth fires grow and bodies line the streets.

He remembers dragging his mother through the battleground begging for assistance only for these 'protectors' to flee far more interested in the danger than any civilian life. Miles and all those like him were caught in the quicksand and had been left to die in it. Memories burn in the mind's eye only for a cool stain to force him back into the present.

Ice cream falls and she reaches for him in forgiveness in an attempt to bridge what was an unknowable gap. It fails and her hand is slapped away.

"Don't.. Don't touch me." His first words are laced with confusion and fear.
Another step back.

"I swore back then." He remembers the months following now, the string of failures. Those stark white walls he'd been in only weeks ago had consumed the person he held nearest to his heart. He remembers how deeply they encroached on what was a family until it was no longer.

They'd...She'd stolen his mother from him, and all he could think about was making her pay.

I swore I would..."
It's now that he sees her, meets her for the first time. For all their kisses, for all their joys and sorrows alike he finally sees her.

Elite 4 Member, Avatar of the Legendary Firebird, Scion of an Empire

Stormy Silph.

I swore I would kill you.

But his hand trembles, there's no joy, even anger seems to fade as speaks leaving a deep depression.

She was his angel.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Blood
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 13:28:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport park

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She can't possibly know, can't possibly understand. In the moment, she is stunned into silence. In the moment, she truly believes that there must be a reason directly related to his injuries. How could it possibly have anything to do with her? [break][break]

But he slaps her hand away and the skin along her fingers is left stinging. Pain flares in her chest, worse than anything physical. She feels sick, feels betrayed, feels scared.[break][break]

"Miles?"[break][break]

This time, she is pleading. [break][break]

This time, his name falls out of her mouth and she's shaking, tucking her hand close to her chest.[break][break]

His words are like knives, laying deep cuts into her skin. They might only be surface deep but they are unimaginably painful. Stormy stares back at him, unable to respond. What was happening?[break][break]

Moments ago, they had been wholly wrapped up in one another. The taste of his lips and the ice cream that he'd tasted was still fresh against her lips- but they felt cold now. She was cold, so cold.[break][break]

She wanted to believe that this wasn't real, that maybe this was just a dream. But the look on his face, the panic, the pain- it was so real. Stormy doesn't reach out to him a second time, too afraid that he might hit her away again. But she watches him inch away from her and that, she realizes, hurts more than any blow.[break][break]

"I-I don't know- what are you talking about? Miles.. Miles you're scaring me. Let's-- let's go home, okay? Please, let's just go home."[break][break]

Like his hand, her voice trembles as she addresses him.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 0:12:46 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Her pleas fall on deaf ears, a feeling he knew all too well. Screams unheard in the chaos of war. words that died in the hallowed halls of those finance-draining hospices the league had the gall to call hospitals. Her voice is a drop in a well far too deep for Miles to hear.

"Did you know?"
Did it matter if she didn't?

His hand clenches his chest and finally, another breath comes it's as if he's pumping his heart manually forcing icy blood to flow through empty veins.

She's rife with shock, with pain and for a second he reaches toward her barely managing to stop himself. What did all those memories those shared emotions laughs and tears mean? There's no equation to determine their worth, but he liked to think; No, needed to think they meant something, regardless of how manufactured they may have been. He wants to apologize, to wake up from this dream-turned nightmare in his bed, and for her to be in his arms, he halfway expects it - to return A loading point before promises shattered under the weight of reality.

"I'm sorry I love-"

And despite the sea of blood between them, he means it. He means it because seeing her reality crumble parallel to his own does nothing to alleviate his pain. His sadness only grows deeper with the passing seconds. His mother is still buried in some league-sanctioned pit where she'd remain until the end her bones disintegrated into dust.

Signals threaten to mix further but a Pokeball falls from his hand revealing an escape.

"I have to go." He cuts what few words remain before taking off into an empty sky consumed in a gust of grey.

There's more to say, but he needs time as even love cannot solve blood. A petrifying thought because if love could not, then what could?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Blood
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 2:31:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport park

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"What?"[break][break]

He isn't making any sense. He's speaking through her, she realizes, not to her. So she watches him, knowing that in the span of a minute, everything had changed. She'd done something to upset him, something that had been so cataclysmic and unbearably painful that he wouldn't even look at her. It was as if he was seeing someone else.[break][break]

But who?[break][break]

Stormy inhales sharply, eyes blinking, as his hand rises to his chest. His fingers pinch the fabric of his coat and somehow, it pinches her, too. Like it is her heart between his fine fingers, her heart that he is crushing. Or is it that he is holding on? She swallows the sob that builds up, that terrible feeling of confusion and guilt and pain.[break][break]

"Miles--"[break][break]

Relief swells immediately, however short-lived it might be. For just a moment, just a second, his arms move to wrap her in them and she doesn't dare hesitate. Not when her heart is pounding and her sobs are on the doorstep.[break][break]

But just as quickly as he steps forward he steps back and she steps into nothing. There is nothing but air between them - and a pokeball. Stormy glances to it briefly, panic-stricken as the man's get-away comes into view. [break][break]

"No, no. No, no, no, Miles. Miles I'm sorry."[break][break]

I don't know what I did. I don't know what to do.[break][break]

And then she is left, covering her face to protect herself from the dust he kicks up in his flight. But something he said earlier remains with her as she wipes dirt-stained tears from her face and looks down at her hands.[break][break]

Did he say.. I love you?[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 1:38:14 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

He returns to Lavaridge what must be days later. Body bruised and mind broken. Everything blends together now and he's no better for it.

The click of the door reveals a home just as he, As they'd left it. It's messier than he generally kept it. They were in a rush to leave and so things were thrust around. Stained glasses from the night prior sat on the coffee table alongside bandages and gauze all of which were off-kilter, a testament to the festivities of the night prior,

For all the mess it looks lived in. In this now icy room there'd once been life, life it hadn't seen in years outside of the past three months.

He moves through the house in silence, the creaking floors echo against its walls leading him deeper into the living room. Tired eyes scan the territory; memories of their first night pierce through like sunlight through translucent petals. He remembers how they'd danced. He'd counted his steps to the keys and melodies as they waltzed in a ballroom far too small for two. The clarity of the horn and steady rock of the drums echo in the recesses of his mind for what could be minutes.

These are a few of my favorite things...

No longer did the sun's rays meld through the glass door, Today only ash-covered gray skies existed as far as the eye could see. Why was he here? Another question without an answer.

He passes through the memories walking to a photo. He's no older than 17 that rebellious glint in his eyes, the one that all teenagers have at some point. His mother's arms, fragile, as they wrap around him. In her eyes, there's pride, why? he still cannot understand. For all his faults for all the pain he'd caused her, for all his failures his mother only had love for him.

Would she now?

He wanders to the screen doors thinking on the lies he spoke unintentional as they were and how right she was.

"Miles you barely know me."

The words haunted him over the days, but in this chapel of memories they wer particularly poignant, so much so he can almost see her in that black dress under that starless night. What she'd feared had come to pass for all the bravado he'd shown in the moment.

Only is it then that he spies it, a pokeball unfamiliar as is the sticky note right beside:

I know that this is super ridiculous of me, to celebrate three months of seeing you like I am....

but you've become really important to me! I definitely didn't break in or anything to leave this behind for you to find and I locked the door behind me when I left(you should really be more careful!)

Anyway, as you can see, I'm a terrible note-writer(see back)

But I just need you to know that you mean a lot to me and all that mushy stuff. Thank you for everything!

Happy 3 months, Miles
I love you!

Whatever's left empties and with the pokeball in hand he falls against the wood floor and he weeps.

He weeps until sleep consumes him.

He weeps because there's no pain like hurting the one you love.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Blood
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 14:11:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport park

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Dozens of phone calls directed to his voicemail. At some point, dialling his number had felt hollow. She had memorized his voicemail message at some point and would whisper it under her breath as his voice replayed over, and over, and over.[break][break]

But he never picked up. He never responded. What pitiful attempts at communication in the form of text-written apologies were left on 'delivered'. He was gone and he was making it pretty clear he wasn't coming back.[break][break]

And yet despite his absence she still found herself looking for him. She'd searched crowds of people, that familiar tug prompting her to glance over her shoulder. She'd frequented their old haunts, sitting on park benches and retracing steps in the hopes that he might just show up out of the blue like nothing had changed.[break][break]

It had been days, maybe weeks, since she'd last seen him. She sits on the park bench now, cradling a coffee between her knees and hovering her thumb over a call symbol. She'd stopped calling because there had been no answer. [break][break]

Stormy squeezes her eyes shut tight, grief welling in her chest. Her thumb taps the green button and she lifts her phone to her ear. Tears well in her eyes and she inhales a shaky breath while it rings.. and rings.. and rings..[break][break]

"Please, Miles.. please, please, please-- pick up the phone."[break][break]

I need to know if you're alright.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blood
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 15:00:35 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Hours later he begins to stir. Vibrations from his pocket only accelerate the process. A glance at his phone reveals the girl who simultaneously haunts and blesses him with her being. He hesitates allowing the phone to pulse in his palm again eyes focused not on the device, but on the pokeball that'd rolled out of his grip in his sleep.

He's running out of opportunities now, in the beginning, the calls were constant in the time since they'd slowed significantly, another mark of pain he'd caused her over the course. Another pulse and he steadies himself best he can. When the final pulse a finger swipes and he answers on reaction.

The phone comes to his ear.

Hey Stormy, there are things I want to tell you." His voice is as wispy as his throat is dry.

"Things about me you deserve to know. I'll be at the cemetery on the outskirts of the pass. Whenever you get a chance."

The line empties.