Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 5:33:20 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@aria | MISSION

it's cold. the type of cold that forces one inside, and under their covers. to open a good book or catch up on a show that you've been too busy to watch. instead, greyson found himself leaning against the hood of a rusted beater, arms crossed and slightly shivering. he thought about lighting a fire, but decided against it after some thought. it'd instantly be a sign that this lot wasn't empty, and even the homeless avoided this side of slateport.

he checked his watch again, a natural frustration boiling inside of him. he wasn't upset at the person assigned to be his partner. he was just upset in general. the natural inclination that the cold weather brought out in him.

still, greyson wished she'd hurry.

cupping his cherry red hands around his mouth, greyson exhaled multiple times. his violet eyes scanned the dead of night, waiting.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 11:56:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]"you look miserable."

her voice is soft against the silence of the night. she approaches the rusted beater from behind, making sure to do so slowly as to not startle the other. where he hates the cold, she relishes in it, and it shows in the gentle smile on her face.

"i didn't keep you waiting long, did i?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.aria] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .aria b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .aria .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .aria .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .aria .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .aria .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 12:30:08 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@aria | MISSION

a voice trickles in from nearby and instantly, greyson's eyes shift over. they penetrate through the veil of black and land onto the approaching woman. violet eyes narrow, confirming it's his partner. he lets out a breathe of laughter and the irritability begins to seep out.

"no," he says, feeding off the kindness in her smile. "not long at all."

greyson pushes himself away from the beater with his hips, moving closer to approach. he tries to read the woman's amber eyes for signs of her character, but doesn't push too hard.

"nice to meet you. no names till the end, yeah?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 12:57:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]"i don't mind you knowing mine now. it's aria."

too used to formalities, she extends a hand out, offering a handshake. her eyes shift to move behind him, glancing at the warehouse ahead of them. from here, it looks unused and abandoned.

"have you taken a look around?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.aria] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .aria b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .aria .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .aria .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .aria .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .aria .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 13:14:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@aria | MISSION

greyson stifles a sigh. the point of no-names was in case they were being led into a trap, or being watched prior to entry. but, he supposed there was little harm in it considering the scouting he had done.

"greyson," he says, placing his hand out to meet hers. he wasn't one of those types that like to apply dominance over a hand shake.

"i have." greyson whistles and a massive shape descends to land next to them. it's steel feathers were ebony and cobalt stained; perfect for flying in the dead of the night. the corviknight regarded his trainers new companion with a challenging curiosity.

"he tells me there are at least one, maybe two on the roof. they're relaxed. not expecting any threats." his body turns towards the dilapidated building as he speaks. "i've spotted a few coming in and out. smoke breaks, mostly." from the corner of his eye his attention falls back on aria.

"i don't think they're expecting us."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 13:38:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]the corviknight draws her full attention — she turns, regarding it in full. she gives it a polite bow, then extends a curious hand out, as if testing boundaries.

"that makes our jobs slightly easier."

her smile grows despite the tension of the situation that awaits them.

"what's the plan, greyson?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 13:46:57 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@aria | MISSION

z bends at the neck, his face rapidly turning left and right in extrospection as he gets closer. but his interest is pulled and the corviknight turns away.

"i think one of us enters from the roof while the other from the ground. hit them at the same time." he thinks to the years of video games with and .

"i think if we do it fast and loud and put them off their game, we should be able to do some damage before they even know what hit them."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 13:59:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]her eyes linger on the corviknight even as it turns away. she nods, showing no resistance to his words.

"i'm fine with that. i can take them from the ground."

finally, she returns her gaze to greyson. she looks him up and down, then asks:

"it's going to get much colder. are you okay with that?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 14:09:23 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@aria | MISSION

"the roof, then." he says, nodding once for confirmation.

he beckons with a hand for the corviknight to join him, meanwhile reaching into the pockets of his coat to retrieve a glove made out of some type of chain mail. he looks in her direction again, regarding her odd comment.

"i'll be fine. wait for my signal. once you have it..." greyson smirks.

"raise hell."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 14:26:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]greyson's smirk is met with one of her own.

"will do."

and with that, she watches as he departs.

her eyes drift up to admire the night sky. she can see it clearly this far out from the slateport — here, the stars aren't overpowered by city lights.

soon, she reaches into her coat for a pokeball and holds it in one hand as she waits for a signal.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 18:50:09 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@aria | MISSION

with his chainmail glove, greyson grabs onto the leg of the corviknight as it takes off. despite the limb having relatively little bladed feathers protecting it, the slightest bit of movement could be jarring enough to slice his palm open like the belly of a magikarp. that would be bad.

he takes to the skies, feeling the cold bite into any exposed flesh with renewed fervor. using his free hand, he tosses as much of his extra coat as possible in front of his face. already his lips are chapping, tongue desperately flicking over them to avoid cracking and bloodying them.

"there" he says, careful to avoid yelling too loud. two armed guards patrol on separate sides of the warehouse roof. their body language is relaxed; bored; uninterested. one, even, is scrolling through social media.

as greyson approaches, he readies himself for the inevitable combat.

'no death.' he tells himself, jaw steeling. 'no death.'

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 4:38:35 GMT
shiv Avatar

COWARDICE

SUDDENLY, ANYONE SCOUTING THE AREA would discover there are additional "guards." Odd robots patrol the area too. A Pidove comes close to one and is immediately lunged at. A scattering of feathers is left where it once was. Some possess nets that can shoot out from their fists. Others shriek loudly at the sight of any unauthorized humanoid.

If no one is to die today, perhaps, robot "death" can be a suitable substitute.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 5:54:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]even from a distance the odd robots are hard to miss; their glows of yellow and red emit in the near distance. perhaps this won't be as easy as she had originally hoped for.

once again, she shifts her gaze upwards, admiring for moments before bursting open two pokeballs. their immediate presence disrupts the tranquility. clouds shift, form, loom, and they accumulate overhead.

the temperature drops, perhaps a SNOW WARNING.

shifting her gaze back, she starts approaching the warehouse.

"take them out."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 7:03:26 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@aria | MISSION

greyson curses under his breathe upon approach. by leaning only on z's scouting, he had unwittingly made this mission twice as hard. where two guards should've been were now four. he mistook the robots as just extensions of the buildings roof and had doubled the danger for himself, and aria by extension. he was confident against the original number, but now...

plans. actions. outcomes. they flash through greyson's mind like small lightning bolts. his thoughts threaten to derail as he struggles to think of anything he can do to recover.

he settles on one.

"drop me here and get that man behind me!" he yells over the wind. the corviknight senses his intention and obeys. the decent is quick and greyson feels his heart leap to his throat. with speed beyond what he's ever trained for, he releases his grip and ducks his body into a roll. the landing isn't graceful, and he feels his knees, shins, arms and other parts of his body make jarring impacts.

but he's alive and with nothing broken.

suppressing a groan and the immediate desire to lay down for a few minutes, he pushes himself to his feet, watching as the corviknight continues it's trajectory towards one of the nearby men. with reluctance, he pulls away, both arms reaching to his waist. in seconds he's joined by a mareep and a hatenna. "go, take them out!" he throws out his arms in desperation towards the two robots, and turns his attention toward the only other human unaccounted for.

the three pokemon react within' moments of one another. the hatenna's PSYCHIC lifts the human shaped machine into the air and with all her mental strength, attempts to toss it as far as she can away from the building. meanwhile, mareep's coat begins to thrum with electricity, the electric-type shooting an ELECTRO BALL that aims dead center into the other robots chest, hoping to fry the circuits. the corviknight, on the other hand, stretches it's out it's wing in a passing STEEL WING, aiming to clip him in the leg.

with the fervor of a man mad, his body coursing with adrenaline, greyson rushes the second guard. his shoulder already driving towards the confused man's gut moments before he could grasp for something at his belt. he only prays he's fast enough.

feeling his lip bleed, greyson has no choice but to rely on the idea that aria can see the conflict above and the signal it provides.

3R7qSfGL

notes + is greyson dead here is the real question

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
cowardice [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 8:15:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]this is not her expertise. it's why she allowed the situation to greyson, someone who's supposedly trained for situations like these, and it's why she would've rather sat back and observe. but of course, things don't always work out the way she wants them to.

despite that, there is an ease in the way she approaches — a calmness that cannot be taught.

cold winds call forth a HAILSTORM. those on the roof will be the first to feel it as pellets of ice begin to fall. the winds gather again, this time emanating from behind them. it flows past aria, her pokemon, and rushes towards the warehouse in a damning BLIZZARD.

she watches from a distance as the odd robots start to slow to a halt, metal tempting to be frozen under the intensity of the winds. it's the SHEER COLD that follows that does it.

briefly, she wonders of greyson's success on the roof. her eyes flick up.

[attr="class","noodles"]

fFKs9xQm