twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 11:34:26 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"oh, we're going to the same location?"

danny stands at the counter of a local daycare in oldale known best for their specialty in raising canine pokemon. the egg he carries is of a poochyena, he's told, as is the egg the person next to him is carrying. apparently, it takes two to deliver eggs, but he's not the type to complain.

he turns to the other with all smiles and good vibes.

"might be a good idea to travel together. you up for it, mate?"

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
in the morning
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 12:47:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Sure. Haven’t had a delivery-mate in a while.” [break][break]

With the smooth Poochyena egg cradled comfortably in one arm, confident in handling his fragile responsibility, Angelo turns to the other young man at the Day Care counter. There’s a welcoming smile on the courier’s lips in return, easy-going as he goes with the unexpected flow. [break][break]

I did bring my bike with me but I can always push it. No big deal.” He jerks a calloused thumb back towards the door, where his hardy blue Mach Bike had been left leaning against a tree. “Unless you think you can keep up?” [break][break]

There’s a twitch on the corner of Angelo’s lips then, an uncommitted challenge made in jest – unless...

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 13:04:21 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]his mantra to never back down from a challenge wills him to accept this one...but boy is he regretting adopting it in the first place. he nods his head, feigns confidence, and gestures over to the door.

"i haven't worked out in ages but i'm sure i can keep up!" he steps towards the door but pauses to look back for a moment. "but...you can take it easy if you wanted to of course...haha..."

he approaches the door, pulls it open, and steps to the side to allow his delivery-mate to exit first.

"i'm danny by the way!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
in the morning
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 13:21:05 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
The challenge had been laid on the table and the other man had agreed to pick up the cards. [break][break]

Now they just had to play. [break][break]

You know, I find that a challenge is always a good motivator to work out.” If his grin is anything to go by as he walks past his delivery-mate for the day, it’s obvious that the term ‘going easy’ might not be on Angelo’s vocabulary. “You’ll be fine! Think of it as two birds, one stone. Get a work out and we'll finish earlier.” He grins, slipping through the held door and into the Hoenn sunshine. [break][break]

Angelo. Nice to meet you, Danny.” Standing before his bike, he sets to work placing the egg into the safety of his backpack, secured onto the rack above the rear wheel.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 13:52:36 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]he stretches his arms — why is he stretching his arms? he realizes, then switches to stretch one leg as angelo preps his bike for takeoff.

"oh, you think i can leave this with you? i don't think running with the egg's going to do any good for baby poochy."

he swings his backpack to the front and extends it towards angelo, fully expecting him to take it. he returns to stretching the other leg.

"you know, don't be surprised if i end up overtaking you."

he talks big but in reality the man's already dreading the run. he bends down low, stretching his quads.

"ready whenever you are, angelo friend."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
in the morning
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 19:32:19 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Y’know, they’re hardier than people give them credit for but I gotcha. Don’t want to risk giving these guys a Slowpoke's IQ before they’ve even hatched.” People often treated babies – pokemon or otherwise – like they’re fragile to the touch but both had been proven to bounce right back up after falling. At least, in Angelo’s experience. [break][break]

Still, Danny was right not to endanger their paycheque over a race. [break][break]

Accepting the stranger’s backpack, he ties it to the rack alongside his own, tying them down with a secure and practiced knot pulled taut. No way the unborn Poochyena would be learning Fly anytime soon.[break][break]

Already warmed up from starting his delivery route this morning, Angelo slips onto the saddle of his bike; one foot planted on the ground and the other on the peddle. [break][break]

Just waiting on you, buddy.” He grins, calloused fingers squeezing the handlebars tight. Ready to go.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 7:41:07 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]slowpoke's iq has him laughing. he nods in agreement as he continues stretching. he shifts into a warrior ii pose, which he learned in one of the many yoga classes he attended in galar, and it's only then that he peers down to notice his shoes.

man's wearing regular shoes, not trainers, and though he contemplates canceling this challenge altogether, he has a feeling angelo won't let him off that easy.

so he sighs, wills himself, and shoots off into a jog.

"try and keep up!"

it's been five seconds and he's already tired.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
in the morning
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 19:02:37 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Grit crunches underneath the wheel of his bike as they push off in unison.[break][break]

It takes less than five seconds for Angelo to overtake at a comfortable speed. Wind isn’t even blowing in brunette hair, as he keeps the back tyre level with Danny’s jogging pace. At least the eggs will be comfortable. [break][break]

Hey. Where’re we racing to?” He asks casually, purposefully lazy as if the thought had only just come to mind. “All the way? Or do you think you can manage it to the Route one-oh-two sign?” [break][break]

There's a challenge there, even as Danny struggles. Angelo shamelessly giving a little nudge for the competitive satisfaction.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 19:22:12 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"racing?"

he speaks in panted breaths, lungs struggling to find the required oxygen to pump into his weak ass body. he peers over, notices how easy angelo is having it, and briefly considers kicking in the back tire. but he's a good soul so he refrains.

"might as well go all the way! the eggs okay, by the way?"

the question is meant to distract. danny increases his speed, switching from a casual jog to a light sprint.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
in the morning
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 19:44:21 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Slip of the tongue.” He calls back, having immediately drifted into a more competitive set of rules than initially proposed. [break][break]

Nice! Let’s do this,” Angelo grins, clearly pleased by Danny’s enthusiasm to try and keep up the pace all the way. “Huh? Oh, yeah, they’re tied down pretty ti – Hey.” That smile is soon wiped away at the distraction, replaced instead by something a little more wicked in nature. Not at all annoyed. “Ass.” [break][break]

Angelo cycles a little bit faster, enjoying the familiar burn in thigh and calf muscles. [break][break]

He makes to swerve just a little into Danny’s path. Like an asshole, he laughs before gliding back to a reasonable – unkickable – distance.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 20:07:22 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]it doesn't take much for angelo to recover and it isn't long until he's back being bothersome by danny's side. this time he even goes as far as to swerve into him! just a little, but it's enough to get danny to slow down to avoid impact. he should've taken the hit, that way they both would've went down.

"ass."

he actually throws a kick then but it finds nothing but air. he laughs, suddenly energized as he swiftly catches up.

"you're actually pretty slow, not gonna lie!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
in the morning
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 21:25:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo laughs, only to be cut off abruptly when he has to swerve at the last moment to avoid a rather pothole in the track path. It didn’t matter how tightly the eggs were strapped down to his bike, he’d rather not risk taking a large bump – even with his decent suspension. [break][break]

Woah. Shit.” [break][break]

Danny’s able to catch up then and the courier, despite being all troublesome grins and shared banter, isn’t going to just let him pull ahead. [break][break]

Never heard of the Shuckle and the Scorbunny?” He calls, casually pulling forward to peddle neck and neck, even though his muscles itch to race ahead with but a dust cloud left in his wake. “Just biding my time.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 10:23:50 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"the shuckle and the scorbunny?"

his words escape him as short breaths. man's struggling to keep up, that much is evident by how he slows down a little and how heavy he's breathing.

"hey...how far away...are we?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
in the morning
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 11:56:48 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Yeah. It’s a kid’s tale, teaches them morals of success and things. Don’t have them where you’re from?” Angelo casually peddles, not pushing far ahead even though it would be easy to. Not yet, anyway. [break][break]

Think that’s it over there.” He says, pointing to a roof in the distance, peeking out through the trees near the end of the route. From a distance, it’s no bigger than a thumb nail. “Not that far, buddy. You got this.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
in the morning
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:23:36 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]oh how much he wants to simply reach into his pocket and call out his arcanine. his possible savior. but that would mean conceding to angelo and the mere thought of it is enough to propel him forward.

"not that far..."

he pants.

"not that far..."

he pants again.

"mate it's pretty fucking far—"

[attr="class","noodles"]