Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
survival | m
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 19:14:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@sumi | MISSION

greyson felt uncomfortable without his bag. it was a constant staple to his identity. now, he rolled his shoulders in search of something that wasn't there. greyson suppressed the bundle of nerves building inside of him, instead turning towards the woman to his left. they didn't mention a partner when he won the tickets in the mail. not that it also wasn't welcoming. he was confident he could do it alone, but even more so with another.

"hey" he turns, holding a friendly hand out, a smile pulling his lips upward. the boat was turning around now, promising to return in seven days. "nice to, uh-- nice to meet you." he stutters out. they hadn't been allowed to talk on the ride in, so he planned in advance.

much good that did.

notes + i'm really excited lets do this!!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
survival | m
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 21:46:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato:300|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]Normally Katsumi never entertained things such as these. A lot of times they were scams and if they weren't scams then it wasn't worth her time. There was always some catch. However, here she was, on a deserted island with nothing but the clothes she was wearing, her pokémon, and the guy standing next to her. How did she get here?

Well, it all started one drunken night. She managed to find a flyer from the tourism company and while her brain was still sloshed and she was unable to think coherently, she ended up signing up for this 'challenge'. Katsumi had to resist the urge to slam her palm into her face...hard.

Glancing back as the last remaining safety net sped away across the waters she sighed once more as she stared out at the expanse of beach and forest ahead of her. A whole week? What was she thinking? She knew a thing our two about survival in these sort of instances, she had to for Ranger training, but this was an entirely different matter.

She felt her confidence slipping away as each minute passed. What was she going to do for a whole week? "hey" his voice startled her as it forcefully pulled Katsumi from her melancholic spiral. He held out a friendly hand to her with a gentle smile. She hesitated for a moment before taking it and offering the best handshake she could manage right now.

"nice to, uh-- nice to meet you." he stammers and Katsumi blinked for a moment before quickly doing the same. "O-oh! Nice to meet you too." she said with a quick but stiff bow. "I'm Katsumi," she introduced herself quickly after. They hadn't been allowed to talk on the ride here, which she couldn't understand, but she put up with it.

Rubbing the back of her neck she sheepishly stared back out at the beach. "Seven days huh," she repeated again for the millionth time, this time out loud. Well, she would certainly have quite the story to tell once she made it back home, that was for sure.

--
I'm excited and looking forward to this too! | xtra notes:
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
- t h e - p o r c e l a i n -
dandy ♫

[newclass=.sumi1]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/07/4d/AJIi0QSj_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#932f44!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #15151a;border-right:2px solid #15151a;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi3]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .sumi3]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
survival | m
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 23:50:11 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@sumi | MISSION

DAY ONE

"katsumi," he repeated back, a trick he learned after years of constantly forgetting other's names. he was always too focused on the handshake or the eye contact, and never actually on listening. "i'm greyson." still, he went for the trifecta. eyes. smile. name.

it would be an awkward week if he had to constantly say 'hey you!'

"yeah, it doesn't seem that long on paper, but being out here with no internet or anything... it might take a while." he says, chuckling. his eyes scanned the trees just a ways down from the beachfront. no noticeable signs of a threat. not yet at least.

"we should get started before nightfall. something to sleep on, i think, would be best." he thought back to the random survival youtube videos he had watched when he was bored. one of the most important things they stressed was bedding. lying on the ground would suck all the warmth from you and that would be bad.

"i can work with a couple of my pokemon to work on that. did you want to help, or?"

notes + lets hope this doesn't become naked and afraid...
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
survival | m
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 17:49:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]"i'm greyson." he said with a smile. Katsumi nodded and offered him a smile back, "Nice to meet you." she said as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "yeah, it doesn't seem that long on paper, but being out here with no internet or anything... it might take a while." Katsumi resisted the urge to sigh again. She missed her friends. Danny, Avie, Xander. Heck she even missed the abundance of school work she always seemed to have.

Too bad moping over bad decisions wouldn't change the fact that she would be here for the next week. She'd have to make the best with what she had. And, maybe she could make something positive out of this whole experience, like making a new friend. "we should get started before nightfall. something to sleep on, i think, would be best." Sumi nodded in agreement. Bedding, fresh water, food. Those were usually the things to focus on first.

"i can work with a couple of my pokémon to work on that. did you want to help, or?" Greyson asked her. Katsumi crossed her arms over her chest and pondered for a moment. "Well, I'm pretty good at weaving and things like that. I could probably make some bed out of woven grass and things fairly quickly. But if you and your pokémon have it covered I guess the next thing should be to find fresh water?" she asked as she stared up at him.

--
I'm excited and looking forward to this too! | xtra notes:
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

[newclass=.sumi1]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/07/4d/AJIi0QSj_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#932f44!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #15151a;border-right:2px solid #15151a;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi3]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .sumi3]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
survival | m
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 4:39:41 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@sumi | MISSION

DAY ONE

greyson smiles warmly at katsumi, nodding in appreciation and agreement. "i think that's a wonderful idea. i think i may have something that could work for a bed. here, look." he takes a stick and begins to draw. it's crude, poorly done and barely legible.

"i'm thinking we make a large platform out of wood. tie them together with some kind of.. twine or something. then, my pokemon can create walls of earth to act as a roof and back as well. maybe we line that with some grass and leaves for insulation?" he pauses, aware of how much he's been talking. "sorry, this is just really exciting. and nerve racking at the same time."

he stops for a moment to consider, before looking in her direction again. "what do you we should do for the water? attempt to purify it or?"

notes + this is basically sims wtf
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
survival | m
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 16:08:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]"i think that's a wonderful idea. i think i may have something that could work for a bed. here, look." Greyson said as he picked up a stick and began to draw. Sumi bent down to get a better look at what he was working on while he went on to explain. "i'm thinking we make a large platform out of wood. tie them together with some kind of.. twine or something. then, my pokémon can create walls of earth to act as a roof and back as well. maybe we line that with some grass and leaves for insulation?" he says before pausing and glancing at her.

"sorry, this is just really exciting. and nerve racking at the same time." Katsumi shakes her head and offers him a warm smile. "No need to apologize, I get it. Everything sounds really good so far." she said as she chuckled a little. "what do you we should do for the water? attempt to purify it or?" Sumi taps a finger on her chin as she thinks for a moment.

"Hmm, that's probably the best idea for now. Then we can work on setting up some rain catchers near camp that we can store clean water for later." She said as she looked to him for confirmation to see if that was okay. Now that they were coming up with a 'game plan' of sorts she found herself mourning her situation a little less and slowly starting to warm up to the idea.

--

Okay, the event stuff wrapped up and I feel like I can post more regularly with Sumi. Sorry for the wait! | xtra notes:
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
survival | m
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 22:44:22 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@sumi
MISSION

"that sounds great." greyson said, smiling. "i like the idea of rain catchers."

he takes three pokeballs, releasing the pokemon inside. an alakazam, grotle, and eldegoss.

"nini, my eldegoss here, can help you with weaving anything. i can get started on making our camp with my grotle, here."

bec began moving towards the upper area of the beach, her EARTH POWER slowly transforming the terrain to fit into a shelter.

notes + feel free to use/control the eldegoss if you want! if not, i can have her 'help'.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
survival | m
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 17:21:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]"that sounds great." Greyson said, smiling. "i like the idea of rain catchers." Sumi nodded, pleased he seemed happy with her suggestion. She quickly rose to her feet and dusted her clothes off. Well they were off to a pretty good start, all things considered. Greyson quickly released three pokémon to help out with the tasks.

"nini, my eldegoss here, can help you with weaving anything. i can get started on making our camp with my grotle, here." She nodded as she bent down to talk to Nini. "Hi there, I'm Katsumi. We need to gather a couple things before we get started, think you can help me with that?" Nini trilled happily and Sumi smiled. "Great." she said as she stood back up.

She quickly called her Cinderace, Oz, to her side. "Oz we're going to need help gathering some things so we can make comfy beds. You're super strong, think you can help us?" She asked him. "'Race'" he replied happily and Sumi giggled. "Great, let's get started. Lemme show you guys what we're looking for." she said as she gestured the pair follow her into the woods a bit.

After walking around for a second she bent down and plucked a thick blade of bamboo leaf. and showed it to them. "I'm going to need a lot of these." She said as she squinted at it. She was surprised it was growing here but she certainly wouldn't complain. They could use this for a lot of things.

"We can make some baskets out of this first to help us carry more, then we'll work on the beds. Sound good team?" she asked them and they cheered before they went to work. Katsumi made sure to do her share and once she had her arms full she headed back to the beach to begin to weave the baskets with Nini.

--

-- | xtra notes:
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
survival | m
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 6:07:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@sumi
MISSION

while katsumi went to work on her project, he went to work on his. he worked extensively work the grotle in forming the best shelter possible, while his alakazam used its impressive psychic abilities to fell nearby trees and strip them of their bark.

by the time katsumi would return, greyson and bec were well into their terrain modification. with her EARTH POWER, the grotle sunk the ground in a rectangle, including an area where a rough stairwell was being formed that would lead downwards. it'd take some tweaking, to perfect, but he wanted the focus to be on the general design first.

once that was complete, or ready enough to move on, the grotle began to form the rough that would keep them dry and well insulated. it was nothing special, two massive slabs of earth forming a V over the lowered ground, it would do well enough.

greyson turned his attention to the alakazam, taking a break for a moment from his work with bec. the psychic pokemon had strict instructions not to over do it and destroy precious land, and when greyson peeked, he was happy to see that he listened. two dozen logs the length of his forearm were stacked neatly in preparation for future firewood.

"good job buddy."

he turned back to the main camp, looking at katsumi.

"how goes it on your end?"

notes + oof this got LOST

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
survival | m
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 11:16:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]Nini, Sumi, and Oz had a nice little system going on. Once they really got started that is. Nini and Sumi finished the baskets they needed to make to help gather more of the grass and leaves they would need for the beds. Once they were finished with that it allowed Oz to gather what they need more quickly and efficiently and it left Sumi and Nini to start on the beds.

"Okay Nini, if we make beds like this..." Katsumi started as she drew a diagram in the sand. "We can mimic a mattress of sorts. With Greyson and the other's building structures, they can easily make us a frame and we can use this on top right?" she asked the eldegoss who cheered happily. "Good, I thought it was a good idea too." she said with a laugh.

"how goes it on your end?" Greyson asked as he made his way over to them. "Oh, we're doing pretty good. We adjusted our plans so we're going to attempt to make a mattress using the structures you guys make." she said as she pointed at her diagram. "We should be able to make something comfortable with proper support too." she smiled up at him. "How are things going for you? Need any help? I can send Oz your way instead. Nini and I should have everything we need."

--

I forgot to post here too my bad | xtra notes:
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
survival | m
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 22:39:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: