awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 0:57:07 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
A call had been sent. and were to appear in Oscar Clayton's workshop, for a very important event had occurred. The generator was finished. The generator. It was time at last to harness the latent power within mega stones, and open the door to a new age. 

Oscar looked upon the result of many months of hard work. A content sigh filled his lungs as lab assistants scrambled to prepare for the final test. He honestly couldn't believe he had gotten this far, at the start of the year this very idea seemed impossible. Yet with the help of good old fashioned Rocket ingenuity, Oscar's dream became a reality. Oscar breathed in deep, for the smell of triumph was heavy in the air.

This wouldn't have been possible without his cohorts however. Lulu had been apart of this since the beginning, taking over the scientific aspects of the project so Oscar could focus on the engineering. Her breakthroughs gave his dream life, and he knew he would never be able to repay her--except maybe with the money he's been shoveling at her. She had earned every penny.

Miles was a later addition to the team, but without a fresh respective the design would have been stuck for ages. His skill cut months off of the project's development, and Oscar would not soon forget his contribution. They both needed to be here, to see their creation finally come to life.

For better or worse.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 1:27:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Finally, they were done. She was finished.

All the money she’d been spending was actually hers now. All promises had been met. ‘Contract’ fulfilled. She could shake hands and walk the other way at this point.

Lulu wasn’t quite sure what to do yet. This would not be her end with infinity energy. Not by a longshot.

When summoned, she appeared to greet him promptly, following the click of her heels off metallic walls. “Oscar.” She flashed a smile on her way out of an office; rare, but appropriate for the occasion. A bottle of champagne was held up in a hand--still corked and wrapped of course.

“Congratulations.”

Flutes would be not far off if desired. She glanced at the generator. There was both appreciation, and relief that she could move on, now.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 3:14:45 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"A job well done truly, it's been a pleasure working with you both."

This would change the course of history, an untold amount of lives would be affected and for the better. Miles needs a win like this for all the darkness that's come out of Rocket. He enters from the bay door spying the bottle in Lulu's hands. Seems like I've been beaten to the punch!" He reveals a second bottle bearing a grin all the while. It was rare Miles found himself this excited, but if there was anything to find passion in this certainly was it.

"That said, I'm certain no one here minds an extra bottle." He'd move toward the two facing the creature they'd all had a hand in creating.

" Well my friends there's no time like the present. After you Oscar."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 4:56:36 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Lulu appeared first, and as he heard her oddly comforting voice Oscar would spin around to meet her gaze. He smiled warmly, more than a bit happy to see her on this glorious day. The sight of an unopened bottle only heightened his spirits further, there would be much celebration when this was all over.

Before Oscar could properly greet Lulu, Miles would appear as well. In his hand he brought his own bottle, and Oscar couldn't be happier so his smile didn't change. He did greet his compatriots though.

"Oh my dear and wonderful companions. Our fellowship has achieved something truly amazing. Our standing here, before the precipice of a new age, is an achievement in itself. As much as I'd like to toast now, it would be more fitting once we know with absolute certainty that we've succeeded. Come, let's take our positions."

Oscar left for the observation room overlooking the workshop. Stepping through a door on the far side, he would lead his fellow pioneers up a flight of stairs to the room proper. Within the room, several assistants were preparing the field test. Countless screens filled the controls, ready to read off the statistics of the experiment. Oscar looked to one of the senior assistants, "How long until we're ready?"

The assistant flicked a few switches, providing a hurried answer. "About thirty seconds." The same assistant spoke over a loud speaker, requesting that everyone in the generator room evacuate. The scientists vacated, all except one of Oscar's engineers tending to the machine. He had opened a slot connected to the generator's power container, inserting the all important megastone into its proper place. The engineer pushed in the slot before running out of the room, finally clearing the space for the test run.

Oscar nodded to the senior assistant, who began walking the others through the start up process. Oscar barely registered what they said, his rapid heart beat deafening the world around him. It seemed to take ages, but within a few minutes the generator would be brought to life. It made quite the clank as it awoke, its metal body glowing as the megastone within was broken open. This was the crucial moment, either the megastone would blow up and the energy would fly wild or the energy would be contained by the chamber designed by Miles. As he watched, Oscar's eyes didn't dare blink.

There was a loud whirring sound, followed by a high pitched ringing as the glowing generator changed to a deep blue. Oscar gave it several seconds as the generator did nothing else, observing the charts with a careful eye.

Everything seemed to be--working? Oscar heaved, finally breaking the silence by clapping his hands together.

"Holy shit we did it!"

The control room cheered, elation and jubilance breaking through the once tense air. Oscar let out a sigh of relief, staring at the generator as it harnessed the power of the megastone without flaw. Oscar raised his hands, "We need champagne flutes! Where do we keep them?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 5:45:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

At the entry of their other head scientist, Lulu smiled again—especially at the bottle in hand. Miles had more than proved his worth as a colleague, and it had been good to work alongside someone finally whom she didn’t have to bark orders at.

“Likewise, Miles.”

As the generator came to life, Lulu was mostly unsurprised. They’d done everything to ensure it would work. They’d been prepared. Still, the smallest sigh of relief left her. Things had a tendency to go wrong when she least expected.

When they were asked about champagne flutes, an assistant left to fetch some. Lulu unwrapped foil, and the cork was popped off loudly with a thumb, some champagne bubbling over. She poured a glass for Oscar, handing it over, and then one for Miles, and then lastly for herself.

Holding one up, she began, “To the success and prosperity of Infinity Industries, and to you, Oscar.” She then nodded to her counterpart. “And you, of course, Miles.”

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 20:49:06 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Well someone's awfully verbose today. Any more and I'll confuse you for myself." He teases oscar arms crossed. He'd known Oscar Clayton to be a sharp man. His words were clear, direct, and more often than not a little profane. To see him like this, like a child on Christmas morning was odd, certainly, but it was an odd Miles wouldn't mind seeing more of.

There's fear in those first few moments. He lacks Lulu's unending confidence, and so his breath is held as the machine echoes in a room that feels empty in that moment. He gauges the charts monitoring energy outputs his hidden pessimism waiting for values to exceed their parameters waiting for mega stones to explode, and to console his very eager boss.

But it doesn't.

The spirals align more quickly than he thinks is possible and slowly that smile returns to his face. A hand rests over his heart and finally, Miles breathes again. It's a success. Months of research, countless nights without sleep have led to this overwhelming victory. The grin grows so wide he's bearing teeth, even Lulu looks slightly relieved and so it has to be true.

"Holy Shit, we did!" Eyes continue to watch the generator function, amazed that he's had no small hand in such a grand undertaking.

It's the pop of a champagne bottle that finally draws his attention away from their creation. Seconds later it's being poured and Miles is sure to drink his fill.

"And what forget the brilliant queen of the labs herself? Not a chance. Cheers to you Lulu, and the greatest minds in Hoenn." He looks to Oscar, the backbone behind the operation, and so naturally the last word is his.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 23:51:35 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The flutes were brought, and as Oscar clasped his full glass he felt another swell of pride. This collaboration was truly one of a kind, and the doors it has opened will lead Hoenn for generations. Or at least, that was the ideal. 

Lulu provided a toast to Oscar, a gesture that made him blush a tad. He was about to declare that she earned just as much credit, but Miles beat him to it. Oscar raised his glass nevertheless, "And to you Miles. Without your design it would have taken years for us to get to where we are now. In fact, I propose a toast to us all! Together we have made an achievement that has the potential to change the world. So cheers to you, and cheers to Rocket."

Oscar raised his glass once more before drinking, signaling everyone to do the same. The assistants and engineers cheered as the mingled amongst each other. Oscar shook one or two hands while making his way over to Miles, getting close to speak to him (more or less) privately. 

"We still got a lot of work ahead of us. I'll brief you on phase two next week, it'll blow your mind." He gave his head engineer a nod and a smile before seeking out Lulu. Upon finding her he would attempt a similar moment, "Meet me in my office later, I have something I want to run by you.

With his messages delivered, Oscar began to mingle among his assistants while there was still time for celebration. 

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Ascendance(c)
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:11:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Cheers!” Clink.

Such a celebration was much-deserved by everyone involved. There had been plenty more than one casualty in such an endeavor, and so even survival itself through the whole process was perhaps something to raise a glass to.

The shit one could get roped into in life.

Glasses were sipped, and it was soon off and on to the next big thing. They were all busy people. Lulu’s interest was snagged immediately by the mention of a meeting. She beamed.

“Looking forward to it.”

Lulu did less socializing in the end, too curious to derail from the prospect of a new mystery.