Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 20:21:41 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Despite being a member of Team Rocket for a few months now, Rowan had seldom visited the section of the submarine where the laboratory was located. Science wasn’t exactly his wheelhouse, though he wanted to get more acquainted with oceanography since he’d been allowed to pursue his own career now that he was free of his family. “Excuse me, Doctor Flint?” Rowan approached the individual who matched the description he was given by another grunt, carrying a Pokeball in hand.

“I’m supposed to deliver a Galarian Slowbro to a client this afternoon, but we only have the Kantonian variants in the reserves.” He placed the Pokeball down on top of the table, making sure it wouldn’t roll off before removing his hand. “I was told there was a machine down here that could remove the Shellder so we can de-evolve and properly evolve the Pokemon. I’d...appreciate your help.” A sheepish smile adorned his face as he realized he hadn’t introduced himself as of yet. “I’m Rowan, by the way. Rowan Wrynn.”

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 4:12:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

‘Dr. Flint.’ With her back turned, her grin was sick. It never got old. Honestly, she deserved it. What was a piece of paper in a gold frame, anyways? You didn’t need it here.

When she turned, however, she found herself struck by an odd feeling evoked by his face which immediately dissolved her amusement. Hairs on the back of her neck pricked. She felt a jolt of defensive darkness in her heart. It all caught her very off guard.

Machine down… de-evolve… appreciate your help… His words almost didn’t register, as she grappled with whatever had hit her. No one would know there was even a force. She stood like stone, steel-faced, and neutral—unchanged to the outside world, despite the chaos suddenly swirling beneath the surface.

Wrynn.

Here he was.

His amber eyes looked back at her like a mirror. What the fuck. What the actual fuck.

She cleared her throat. “Hello, Wrynn. I’ve heard a little about you. Welcome.” Of course you’d find your way here. She stared oddly for a moment, unaware of how long the silence passed as she took it all in with a long breath. “Yes, well. The machine. Right. Just a moment.”

She went to wave down a few of her team, assigning tasks and handing off a clipboard, pointing a few times, and then beginning towards a hall, calling over a shoulder: “This way Wrynn. It's down here.”

The clicks of her low heels were always evenly spaced, as though she operated in set time. They sounded ahead of him, her back providing a shield to her unknown past as he presumably followed behind, and into a room with a large machine.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:22:17 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

An eyebrow cocked as Rowan was able to pick up a subtle look of recognition on the face of , as though the Head Scientist was already aware of his existence. Perhaps his existence had been mentioned in passing by , after all it wasn’t uncommon for an Underboss to interact with someone of her importance in the organization. “After you.” He smiled, scooping up the Pokeball and moving along with her once she had been ready to lead the way. “I haven’t been down here yet.” Small talk, meaningless but useful to help fill the void of silence between them. “Pretty impressive, reminds me a lot of when I used to visit the Wrynn Corporation labs.”

They wouldn’t have to walk for long before reaching the machine in question, having seen much use over the years thanks to the highly lucrative nature of the Slowpoke tail trade. “So, this is the machine, huh?” Rowan stepped forward and glanced over the machinations, finding the structure was similar to that of a large MRI machine. “Fascinating.” He approached the machine and rapped against the side with his knuckles before dragging a hand across the surface. “I’ve heard about how it works, uses sound waves and vibrations to encourage the Shellder to willingly dislodge. Simply pulling them off would damage the tail, after all.” Rowan was pleased that the methodology behind the device was painless, even if there were cruel intentions behind it.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:59:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She led the way in, the edge of her white coat billowing in the draft of a low fan which kept the room cool. Still, a strange warmth that had little to do with temperature radiated, felt uncomfortably under the skin. An almost inaudible hum was a light pressure on the head.

Her eyes squinted through the vaguely nauseating fog of its existence and immediate effects. Machines like this one stayed running.

“That’s correct.”

She would still seem somewhat distracted as she looked at him.

“Do you have the pokemon with you?”

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 3:08:37 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Of course.” Rowan rolled the Pokeball over in both hands before holding the device over to . “Shouldn’t need to be sedated, seemed rather docile when I was inspecting them.” Slowbro weren’t particularly known for being volatile Pokémon, but you shouldn’t underestimate their psychic abilities.

“I didn’t come at a bad time, did I?” He’d noted her distracted demeanor, obviously having something more pressing on her mind. “I can probably figure out this thing myself, if you have somewhere else to be.” Rowan spent a good deal of time around medical machinery thanks to his upbringing, this shouldn’t be too much of a far cry.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 6:12:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She noted his two-handed rolling of the pokeball, only because she was hyper-aware of his every movement. Lulu fidgeted. She rarely caught herself, but was aware of it. Maybe pseudo and self-critical, but she felt like she spotted similarities in every passing second.

“No, not at all.” Yes. Fuck you. Why do you exist? But also, there was utter curiosity and wonderment. He was younger. She’d been the youngest, up until recently. He had an interest in this, maybe, or at least a heavy tie to science. Wrynn Corporation.

Sometimes, she felt the world was working against her. At others, she found silver linings like ribbons in the dust. At least he was interesting. Soft, maybe, as had told her. But interesting.

Not that it could be anything less at first real sight.

“I always have somewhere else to be, but I’m also always curious to see a new mind at work.” She nodded towards it. “Go ahead. Take a shot; see if you figure it out.”

There was a hitching of the smallest smirk which didn’t quite pair harmoniously with the distant stare in her eyes. “Unless you want me to do it, of course. I’m fine to, if you’re not up for it.”

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 1:01:48 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

An eyebrow cocked slightly at the suggestion. “Sure, I don’t mind.” Rowan couldn’t figure out why she was acting so strange towards him, as though she was aware of something that he himself didn’t know. Stepping over to the machine, he placed the Pokeball into the confines of the machine and pressed the button fixated on the front, unleashing the Slowpoke contained within. “Don’t worry, it’s not going to hurt.” Rowan assured the Pokemon, stepping over to the attached console and beginning to tap at the keyboard.

“Engaging the lock.” Glass slid up over the entrance to the machine, keeping the Slowbro contained inside so that it couldn’t simply run away when the process began. “Here we go.” Rowan muttered underneath his breath, pressing a few more keys before turning his eyes towards the machine itself now.

A whirring sound preceded the activation of the device, vibrations beginning to shake the machine in place. “Takes a few minutes, from what I can tell.” The Slowbro seemed unaffected by the sound waves, but the Shellder attached to it’s tail began twitching uncontrollably as the machine went to work. “Did I do something to offend you?” Rowan asked, turning towards Lulu now, unable to avoid the question that was burning in his mind.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 2:09:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Soft. had told her, and she saw it in Rowan’s tender assurance to the pokemon as it was placed within the machine. Not much older than herself, to her, in that moment, he was still a child. He would be broken.

There was almost an urge to do it herself. If anyone had to…

Lulu was protective in that way.

Now was not the time, however.

“Good job.” she affirmed lightly, eyes never leaving him. She’d seen plenty enough of the machine. Fixed it enough times to know he couldn’t break it beyond her repair—and she had all the time in the world to do so.

When he turned back to her, the directness of his question caught her off guard. To anyone else, she might’ve hardened and dismissed them.

“No, not at all.”

She paused for a moment, breathing.

“My name isn’t Lulu Flint, Rowan. It’s Saoirse Quinn.” Her amber eyes, matching his own, held him with strength, regret, and promise. She waited to see if he might put it together.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 2:53:49 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Saoirse Quinn?” Couldn’t help but repeat the name, having become well acquainted with the surname in recent weeks. Rowan glanced around, making sure no one was nearby to overhear their conversation before speaking again. “Gavin mentioned there was another sibling, but he wasn’t going to tell me until they were ready.” A hand reached up to tuck errant strands of hair behind his ear, exhaling a held breath while he processed the sudden information. “I suppose that makes you my sister, then?”

The Quinn family was proving to be full of surprises, and he was curious how many more were to be uncovered. “A brother and a sister. Here I was an only child until a week ago.” A chuckle escaped from his lips, born of disbelief instead of amusement. “Your awkwardness makes sense now, at least.” Now he was once again facing down the same question that he had when Gavin revealed his own identity: What now?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:01:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Family was something she hadn’t known, mostly—ever. Perhaps that had been for her tendency to keep to herself. Maybe it had been that they hadn’t tried. She’d chased who she could. She mimicked. Maybe it would make her more acceptable.

Now here they all were.

Except, had willingly collected this one, despite being soft. That part sort of stung.

She supposed she was willing to look past it, however much it bit her in the soul.

There was a wide range of emotions. Ultimately, this kid—yes, kid—was her responsibility, now. “Does it?” Small talk seemed best. “You don’t seem all that awkward.” She forced an odd smile, tilting her jaw attentively.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 17:41:20 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’m finding it difficult to be surprised anymore.” Rowan stepped over to the machine, watching the Shellder struggle against the influence of the machine, attempting to remain clamped on the Slowbro. “More wondering what cosmic forces brought us together, to be honest.” Existentialism wasn’t a topic that he considered often, though recent events had begun to make him question if this was an inauthentic existence. “I mean, what are the chances that I’d travel thousands of miles from Galar, to be recruited into a criminal organization by the man who turns out to be my half-brother?”

A small chuckle escaped his lips, able to find amusement in the situation at least. “Then I find out my half-sister also happens to be part of the same organization? From an outside perspective, it seems ridiculous...” Rowan turned back towards now, amber eyes matching the gaze of her own. “...but I suppose that's my life.”
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 2:00:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Yeah.” she agreed vaguely. ’Me too.’

As he walked over to the machine again, her eyes scrutinized everything—clothing; posture; mannerisms. What made them similar? Little, really, at a glance.

“It is a bit ridiculous, you’re right.” Maybe it might’ve sounded rude when it wasn’t meant to. She gave a light sigh and crossed her arms. “We don’t have to talk about it, now—sorry to spring it on you.”

Eyes flashed to the Slowbro still in its process, and her shoulders began to turn towards the door, perhaps retreating a little from the idea. This had been impulsive. “We should have tea or a drink some time, maybe—I don’t know.”

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 3:23:13 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

A clunking sound emanated from the machine as Shellder eventually gave in and dropped off the Slowbro’s tail. “Mission accomplished.” Rowan stepped over to the machine and pressed a few buttons, releasing the glass door that was keeping the Pokémon contained. “Yeah, a drink sometime sounds great.” He reached into the machine and realigned the orientation of the Slowpoke manually so their hand would be positioned in front of the mouth of the Shellder this time.

“We can discuss some of the differences of our upbringing.” It didn’t take long for the Shellder to latch on once again, re-evolving the Slowpoke into the Galarian variant of Slowbro. “Gavin hasn’t told me much, other than our father being a total bastard.” Rowan chuckled slightly, crossing his arms over his chest. “Seems like having asshole dads is a common trait even when separated.”

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 23:08:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyes eventually fell back to the machine and the re-evolving pokemon. Success, as expected. The whirring of its mechanisms slowed until the breath of powerful fans overcame its beating hum once more.

The mention of their father was enough to freeze her for a moment. She’d hated him for his treatment of . It was, perhaps, part of why she felt such a protective nature over him. To add to confliction, although their father’s attention to her brother had typically been negative, the lack of any paid to her in general had instilled a feeling of an even greater depravation of love.

“He was.” She confirmed simply, staring off for a moment before sighing uncomfortably. The urge to shrink into shadow and disappear was almost too great to ignore.

Deciding to be transparent and not so rude for once, she turned to leave like a normal person. “I can’t talk about this now, Rowan. Perhaps bringing it up like this was a poor decision. I’ll be reaching out soon.”

She stopped, then said lower over her shoulder. “Don’t tell anyone. You’ll risk all of our lives.”

With that, she left. Back to work, if she could manage it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shell of a Problem [C]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 4:53:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: