thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 19:24:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it's a decent-looking martial arts gym tucked away in the lower districts of slateport. a boxing ring stands in the middle of the gym; around it are various punching bags, some are held up by chains while others are the freestanding kind that snap back at you. the floor's padded to welcome the more wrestling-type martial arts, too.

it's about to hit ten, their agreed-upon time. he stands leaning against one of the punching bags, waiting for her shadow to appear.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 7:10:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Not unlike one @punxsutawneyphil, Lulu operated in mysterious ways.

Her shadow would not be seen. There were likely a couple of cameras which she didn’t care enough to cut for an entrance. Nevertheless, she appeared walking up, dressed as she normally was, eyes and all. Begrudging, but… she was here, wasn’t she?

“Beckett.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 7:29:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"saoirse."

he turns, eyes her attire, and makes his distaste known with a tilt of his head.

"are you really going to fight in that?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 7:41:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
’Call me Saoirse, then.’

She pressed her lips and nodded lightly. Yeah, she had said that.

Eyes looked down at her slacks and then back to him. “Well, yeah, this is what I normally fight in, you know.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 7:43:43 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"fair point."

he turns away, then slips into the boxing ring. a single light hangs overhead, illuminating what it can of the space. it's not much.

"whenever you're ready, hit me however you want."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:04:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She followed after him with a bewildered glare, regarding the lamp. “Am I being interrogated?”

When they were across from one another, there was no stance less straight than the stick up her ass.

“This is weird.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:08:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"no?"

he plays dumb and does his best to ignore her question. much like her, he doesn't get into a stance because there's no need to.

"you're making it weird."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:27:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“…”

Rinc had taught her how to throw a decent punch, and about where to keep her hands to protect her chin, but that was the extent of it.

This was intimidating.

“No, I’m not.”

Damn it. Humoring him with a sigh, her left fist shot out straight and dead center of his face. It was clear in the energy that she knew it wouldn’t land.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:53:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]had she aimed it anywhere else, he would've likely taken the hit. but he takes a step out to the side, shifts, and slips right past her fist only to bring both hands up to shove her away.

"you're slow. are you even trying?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 9:00:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She hadn’t expected the push. It knocked her back a couple of steps, and her face wrinkled. “Wha—”

Slow.

“Hah. Okay.” He was trying to get to her. She threw another punch. The same, but driven with a little more energy.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 9:05:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]unfortunately, it's not enough energy. he does the exact same thing: slip and shove.

"try throwing a feint before your main punch. mix it up a little."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 9:14:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Feint. Right. This was uncomfortable.

She wasn’t sure what he meant, but mixing it up took, and the other strong arm went out instead—ambidextrous. The left followed again, regardless of what hit.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 9:20:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he steps past the first but falls short on the second. her left squares him across his jaw, disorienting slightly. he clenches his jaw, nodding.

"okay. now try and take me down."

he remembers what happened with and corrects himself.

"try and trip me, rather."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 9:36:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Oh, no.

She faltered a moment, taking a step and assessing too much in confusion. At least she was much lower to the ground. That felt like maybe it might help. “Fuck.” She didn’t want to touch him that much or that long. Did she need to?

Yeah.

Glaring through it, her hands went to him for leverage as she attempted to do as told, kicking out on the other side towards a leg, somewhere low.

Lulu was built of fairly solid muscle, waking up to 50 pushups each day, and more, since prison. She was still outsized, outmatched, and fairly clueless.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
strike
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 9:40:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he brings his hands up to grab at hers, using them to support his weight as he lifts a leg over hers to avoid the trip. to his surprise, she's stronger than he expects. stronger than , anyways.

his grip tightens, almost holding her in place.

"break free."

[attr="class","noodles"]