Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 5:39:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

hands in his pockets, greyson kicked the sand, waiting for his opponent to arrive. he wasn't late. in fact, greyson was early. a habit of his. one he hated, but couldn't help. above him, a dual steel- and flying-type roamed the skies. the corviknight was expressing his impatience loudly.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 6:07:36 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan didn’t approach the beachfront from the conventional entrance, instead choosing to breach the shore from the water, sitting atop his Mantine. “Hey there.” Hopping off their back, he’d give the Pokemon a small pat before making his way across the sands. “Nice to meet you, I’m Rowan.”

A low whistle from the trainer signified for Skye to drift up from the shoreline, slowly pulsing their fins to keep airborne above the sands. “Guess we’re going to be battling. I’ll let you have the first move.”

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 21:04:41 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he was surprised when rowan emerged from the water.

"quite an entrance," greyson compliments the man, approaching to shake his hand. "nice you meet you. greyson."

"i'll take you up on your offer."

with a nod of his head, he moves to his side of the beach. he replicates rowan's whistle, though more forceful and piercing. it catches the corviknight's attention.

with a nudge of his head toward the mantine, the battle begins.

z's UNERVEING gaze turns onto the water-type, razor sharp talons becoming more deadlier as he uses HONES his CLAWS. the titanic pokemon tucks his wings close to his body as he dives, a piercing METAL SOUND emanating from its beak towards his opponent. 

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 2:21:38 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Corviknight prepared for combat and so too did Mantine, showing off inherent Agility by making quick circles around their trainer while the avian opponent honed sharp talons. Rowan had taken note of the way Greyson commanded the Pokemon with a more forceful whistle, recognizing their training method to be perhaps more heavy-handed than his own. Though one could only tell so much from a single whistle, it was possible he was entirely off-base on this assumption.

The Mantine winced from the sound that emanated from their beak, noticeably disoriented by the piercing arrangement. “Skye, time to soar.” On Rowan’s command, Skye dropped down to the sand before immediately leaping into the air with Bounce, far away from the other flying type.

Bounce will strike next turn.
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 18:27:57 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"don't let it get away!" greyson's voice shouts, eyes following the mantine's BOUNCE. its AGILITY had increased, but greyson still had faith in his own pokemon.

the corviknight's wings spread, catching from diving further. his steel bladed feathers, like an anvil in a cartoon, playing a sharp whistling sound. it was even more high-pitched than greyson's own. eyes trained on his target, he flaps once, then twice, and sets off after the water-type.

as he flies, his body shimmers brilliantly beneath the sunlight, new feathers seeming to grow out instantly as he prepares an IRON DEFENSE. then, he sends out a challenging, mocking squawk filled with all the SWAGGER he can muster.

all the while, never stopping in his pursuit. hungry for anything he can grab onto.

notes + -

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 23:32:27 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Get them, now!” Rowan shouted up towards the Mantine, soaring high above the Corviknight thanks to the trajectory afforded by Bounce. Skye suddenly changed direction in the air as her upwards velocity began to slow, careening down towards the earth with the intention of striking Corviknight on the way down.

He’d never seen the Mantine enraged before but the anger was obvious in her expression as she went to slam into the Corviknight, provoked by their Swagger. “Double up!” Bounce wasn’t enough for Rowan, he wanted them to take the opportunity to strike with a second attack while he still could.

As the Mantine soared towards through, she violently swiped at the wind with a fin towards the Corviknight, sending an Air Slash whipping through the sky aimed at the other flying-type.

Mantine used Bounce and Air Slash on Corviknight!
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 23:23:20 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"go and meet it, z. give one; take one."

the raven pokemon's body shimmers again as another IRON DEFENSE layer is added, quadrupling his already impeccable defense.

while the new feathers settle in, a cobalt colored veil forms around him, trailing off in ethereal strands like a ghastly cloak. his BRAVE BIRD infused body tore through the AIR SLASH, a deafening roar following in the wake of the condensed air's assault against his body.

as a number of his feathers fell, and his body becomes scuffed, his speed does not falter. the corviknight met the mantine's BOUNCE with his own attack, the recoil of it undoubtedly yet to come.

there was no fear in his eyes. only determination.

notes + another layer of IRON DEFENSE! | BRAVE BIRD meets BOUNCE!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 20:56:17 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Keep on them!” Rowan knew that collision was unavoidable with their combined speeds, and he wasn’t about to willingly give his opponent the advantage of a free strike. Mantine slammed against the oncoming Corviknight with a similar conviction, entirely unflinching in the face of what was a guaranteed powerful attack.

Skye careened from the open air as soon as she was struck by the Brave Bird, crashing into the sandy shore below and sending sediment upwards into the area around them. “You can do this, fight back!”

Bubble Beam and Water Pulse streamed from the cloud of dust that clung to the lower field of battle, each attack was aimed to strike the aerial Pokemon, a difficult task as that may have been.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 5:57:09 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

bladed feathers fall to the beach, jostled free after the impact. z shakes his neck, pushing any lingering pain to the back of his mind. sharp eyes follow the impact of the water-type, but fail to pierce the dust cloud.

large, powerful flaps keep him stable above his opponent. with the BUBBLEBEAM and WATER PULSE race out of the dust clouds, he takes a deep breath and covers himself with his wings. he feels the pain that follows, pushing him further into the sky. a thrust outwards scatters any remaining bubbles, his anger burning hot.

holding his wings out like a descending angel, the bladed feathers glimmer a bright cobalt, and he races after the mantine with ferocious STEEL WINGS.

notes + another layer of IRON DEFENSE! | HONE CLAWS increase attack!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 0:41:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Mantine reeled backwards from the force of Steel Wing, the Corviknight seemingly only angered by the twin attacks launched from the aquatic Pokémon. Skye was beginning to feel the toll of these attacks being waged against her, unsure how much longer she’d be able to keep up with the assaults.

“Keep trying, do your best.” Rowan coached the Mantine, hoping to urge them on further. Agility sped up the Pokémon once more, allowing them to move in close to use Wing Attack on the opposing Corviknight.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 6:14:59 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

the more agile his opponent became, the more difficult it was to keep track of, and with. like a corbat from hell, it launches itself at the steel- and flying-type, its WING ATTACK denting a portion of his bladed feather armor.

having no real ranged attacks, he has little choice but to close-in on the water-type pokemon. another STEEL WING, another pass.

notes + another layer of IRON DEFENSE! | HONE CLAWS increase attack!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 6:54:31 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Mantine couldn’t stand up to the assault any longer, forcing Rowan to return them their Pokeball with an arc of crimson light. “Damn.” He muttered underneath his breath, hoping to scrape another victory with this battle. “Not surprised your Corviknight is so strong.” Rowan had grown up around the Pokémon in his region, being aware of their strong capabilities from a young age.

“Good match.” Rowan stepped forward and offered a hand towards the other man, able to recognize he’d been thoroughly beaten despite his best efforts.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 7:30:36 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson exhales, a flood of relief pouring into him. the mantine was a harder opponent then he expected, given the typing difference. stil, it put up a hell of a fight. commendable, really.

"they really are, but, yours was certainly a bruiser. gave a beating as good as it got, i think."

a warm smile, to let rowan know that this was all in good competition.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 0:22:11 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Been a few months since i’ve seen a Corviknight.” A warm smile crossed his lips as he watched the avian Pokémon, reminded of the miniscule amount of good memories he had associated with Galar. “Yours is impressive, for sure.”

Rowan patted the stowed Pokeball with a hand, letting out a small laugh. “Skye is a fighter, she has been that way ever since I found her.”

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
rowan vs greyson [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 13:51:53 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"don't let him hear you say that -- he's a bit arrogant when complimented."

he chucks, but returns a smile.

"she's in good hands, that much is clear. you both will go far."

he reaches into his wallet for something, and hands it over. his trainer card.

"if you're ever looking for a rematch."