[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
[attr="class","gold"]words
[attr="class","gold"]notes
ulla
[attr="class","sun"]One by One
I'm addicted to the panic
Amor had been going through the city nonstop since this tournament started, and he wasn't planning on stopping any time soon. He could sleep when he was dead, there was a prize he was after, and that was to be first on the Leaderboard. If he didn't win this thing, then what was the point of it? No he was here to prove that he was one of the best in this region, and make sure that all those who faced him remembered him. This was just another stepping stone for him, when he became Champion, and then even further beyond that when he achieved his dream. His name would echo around this region for years to come, he would make sure of that. He was in a designated part of the city that was closed off for the battle, it was actually in the middle of the road, there were a few people meandering around, but none interested him except for one.

There was a blonde guy who seemed to be fairly strong, and it was enough for Amor to want to take him on in this City of Battle. So approaching him at a quick walk.

"Hey you! Wanna go a round with me? You're the only one who looks worthwhile." Amor stated rather bluntly, already readying a Pokeball in case this man accepted his challenge.

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .gold]opacity:1;transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=La Belle Aurore]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 16:04:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin, registered in the Hoenn Star Tournament as one 'Liam King', turns at the sound of a voice. There's a question in his gaze: Me?

No answer is needed, for there's no one else nearby.

"I'll take that as a compliment, mate."

Without another word, he calls out a Pokemon.

The Tyrantrum shakes the earth beneath her feet as she lands, snapping her STRONG JAWS and swinging her tail. She remains idle, eager.

fJ12Ser6
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 18:30:36 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]@tagged
ulla
Amor was happy that his opponent responded so quickly, and they tossed their Pokeball into the air to reveal a Tyrantrum. Upon seeing someone else use a Dragon type besides himself Amor's blood starts thrumming. There was no greater joy to him, than to test his metal against others who used Dragons, so he could see how he performed. Throwing his own Pokeball a Duraludon appeared in a brilliant flash of white ready to go. Though it seemed far more nimble than it should have been, perhaps due to the fact that it was made of Light Metal.

"Now I am excited...I'll take the first move if you don't mind...Falak go!" It rushed at the Tyrantrum, it's tail glowing a dark purple as it attempted to use Breaking Swipe against the Tyrantrum.

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

nTAuC4oL
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 19:17:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You hardly gave a choice if I had minded."

As this battle was not life-or-death, however, Gavin couldn't care less. He was here to scout talent for Rocket and nothing more.

He clicks his tongue twice, and Tyrantrum swings her own DRAGON TAIL to clash with that of the Duraludon. As it was a steel-type, one of Gavin's specialties, he measures his expectations based on knowledge.
GWMLmghv
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 20:33:15 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
The man stated that he barely had a choice in the matter, and Amor supposed that was at least somewhat true, Amor was fairly gungho about this entire city wide battle idea. There were few things that piqued his interest like this. The Tyrantrum collided with his Duraludon's attack with it's own Dragon Tail. With the two attacks colliding, there was a loud explosion, and Duraludon came skidding backwards. Righting itself up it roared at it's opponent, and Amor just smiled.

"I mean...That's fair, but you must have wanted to battle as well since you sent out such a strong Pokemon...Do try to have some fun." He smirked, and Duraludon rushed forward again, it's claws extending this time as it attempted to slash at the Tyrantrum with Metal Claw.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 14:08:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Oh, no, I wanted to battle," Gavin agrees. "I meant making the first move."

It was something meant to be decided between two trainers, ordinarily, but Gavin was used to fighting dirty. Perhaps it said something about his challenger, the eagerness to spring forth without regard for the opponent's comfort.

"I don't mind, though."

He clicks his tongue again, and metal claws are matched by Tyrantrum's FIERY FANGS.
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 16:43:01 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
Amor just smiled at the man as he met the attack head on once more using Tyrantrums, Fire Fang move. Duraludon stayed close this time using Iron Defense to take the brunt of the attack, and keep slashing at the enemy dragon with it's Metal Claw unrelenting in it's pursuit of victory. Amor would have to give Falak a treat later to show him how much he appreciate it, pushing itself for his sake. After all this was a competition to see who could rack up the most wins, and he aimed to be the top scorer.

"Well that's a relief..." He smirked, crossing his arms to see how the Tyrantrum handled this renewed assault.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 13:50:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Though her STRONG JAWS increase the power behind her bite, the iron hide of the Duraludon holds well against its crushing force. Gavin, mildly impressed, makes a note to pit her against his own Duraludon for comparison.

Tyrantrum refuses to let go even as metal claws score along her hide. Instead, she CRUNCHES down with force.

Quietly, Gavin calculates that the odds are against him. With its physical defense and Tyrantrum's focus as a physical attacker...
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 14:05:32 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
Amor just smiled as Duraludon continued to stay close, and soak up the damage that the Tyrantrum was dishing out, and with all of these biting moves it was using in conjunction with with it's attacks. Falak wasn't giving up anytime soon, and it's entire body began to glow a vibrant white. It's eyes shining as it charged the energy that was stored into it's body from the latest attack. In one swift motion it released the energy like a rebounding attack point blank. Metal Burst was the trump card of his Duraludon when it felt it had taken enough damage from an enemy, Falak would use that power, and send it back to them but even stronger.

Quirking a brow to see how the dust settled, and see which one of them was still standing at the end of that. Just because it was so close, didn't mean a thing that Tyrantrum could have any number of nasty tricks up it's sleeves still, and Amor was sure that this trainer had trained his pokemon well. Or so he hoped, it was rare for him to meet a fellow dragon user.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 17:41:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Tyrantrum reels from the powerful attack, ground shaking as the metal burst threatens to throw her off balance. Yet when the dust settles, she has not fallen. She is royalty, queen of the ancient world, and she will not go down easy.

She roars, a sound that sees Gavin scrunch his expression in discomfort.

Then she charges forward, smoke pouring from her parted jaws as she opens them to reveal FIERY FANGS that aim to rake across the steel of Duraludon's hide.
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 13:31:54 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
Of course the Tyrantrum wouldn't fall so easily, it was after all a very powerful Pokemon, Amor knew this from experience, the fact that it was still standing was no surprise to him, but that didn't mean he was going to have Falak back down either. Digging his heels into the ground as he was charged by the Tyrantrum, it's maw alit with flames once again. Feeling the power of it's Strong Jaws, if he were any lesser dragon, or steel type then this might have been the one to put him down, but Falak was not just another Steel Dragon. No he had his pride on the line just as much as this so called Queen. Being the Pokemon of someone who wanted to be a Dragon Master, he couldn't afford to let his trainer down.

So he bore through the pain, his eyes narrowing as those ferocious jaws bit down on him, he felt the fire scorching his skin, but that meant nothing. The pain meant nothing, he could bear it, he could endure it, and he could overcome it. With a roar that threatened to shake the ground Falak let the steel type energy build up, and he rebounded it once more using another Metal Burst. If this so called Queen wanted to use the same tactic then he would teach her the error of her ways. This blast enveloped him, and his opponent once more as he sent the damage back to her, but multiplied.

When the dust settled Falak still stood, but there were still scorch marks all over his body from those fiery fangs, he had been Burned by the Tyrantrum, but this pain was nothing, he couldn't deal with. Amor watched with some concern over to condition of Falak, and how he was pushing himself, but he was strong, so he wouldn't stop the fight yet.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 13:02:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Powerful though she may have been, even Tyrantrum cannot withstand the continued assault.

Steel peppers her rough hide and the dinosaur staggers in her approach. Her chest heaves with heavy breaths as she attempts to fight past the pain. She's been taught to fight to the death, cannot concede.

But this is a public battle, not a deathmatch.

Gavin clicks his tongue, instructing her to stand down, and returns the haggard dragon as she finally allows herself to collapse.

Inflict or sustain a burn - complete!
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 13:25:37 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
The fight came a stop, the dust settled from the Metal Burst once more, and the Tyrantrum was on it's last legs. It was working on trying to get back over to where Falak was, the Steel Dragon in immense pain due to it's Burns winced, but he did back down, and he was readying himself for another clash with this so called queen, but then it happened. The opponents trainer returned her, as she was not going to give up until victory was certain, she would have kept pushing herself into dangerous territory. Amor held out Falak's Pokeball, and returned him in a flash of red as well. He had fought well, and deserved a rest after that. Clipping the ball back to his belt, he looked over at the blonde trainer across from him.

"That was quite the battle, your Tyrantrum, she is well trained." Amor admitted impressed, he could always appreciate another trainer who trained their Pokemon well, and could bring out their full potential, though he was a little skeptical about what kind of training that Tyrantrum went through in order to continue fighting past the point of no return as if it wasn't scared of dying. It was none of his business however.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 21:34:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Well trained.

Gavin knew from experience that those words could be a thin attempt to veil some other meaning. As he doesn't know this man from a stranger, however, he chooses to take them at face value. He nods.

"As is your Duraludon. Even my girl's fangs couldn't properly pierce its defenses."

He tucks her pokeball back into his blazer.

"Liam King. I never caught yours."
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Amor vs Gavin (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 12:22:58 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The other man introduced himself a Liam King, and Amor smiled as he so often did when meeting new people, and nodded to him as they had sort of skipped the introductions part of the battle. Amor had been so gungho to battle, that he just attacked without warning, he would have to do better about that next time. Thankfully this person didn't seem to mind, his attitude.

"I am Amor Rose, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. King." Amor spoke professionally to the man as was best suited to him when talking to a stranger. "Thank you, Falak trains himself rather harshly. He often takes on one of my other dragons in our makeshift arena to improve how hard his hide is." Amor explained to his opponent, and new acquaintance.

His dragons were always pushing each other forward even when he was looking, it was what made them invaluable to him.