awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
greyson & sam vs. npcs [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 0:17:57 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
If Sam were being honest, he was a bit nervous. The minimized ultraball in his hand that he was twisting and turning, held within it a pokémon that was relatively new to him. He'd heared all good things from its previous owner, an old man he'd helped a while back, but he was still a bit paranoid.

Yes, a dual type. Yes, he knew enough about both bug and rock type pokémon not to be too worried. But he hadn't taken the time just yet to really get to know the crustle, how it behaved, what it liked. The previous trainer hadn't been terribly forthcoming with information. Just pushed the ultraball into his hand and said, 'Thanks sonny!'

Upon walking up to his team's side of the mat, he called the crustle forth and looked it over. Seemed eager and ready to battle-- and ... female? Ah, an eager woman ready to battle. He knew how to handle that type of pokémon well enough. He awaited his tag team member to approach, much more eager now, and placing a hand on the large multicolored block of rock atop the crab, used as her shell.

"I think we'll get along just fine." He glanced the ultraball over just to be sure of the move set.
♁ sturdy / rock wrecker, x-scissor, withdraw, rock polish, stealth rock, rock slide
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 1:49:21 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson casually approaches the beach, two fingers holding his shoes at his side.

"hey! sam, right?"

he looks across the field and spots the other two trainers making their own acquaintances with one another.

"nice to meet you. i'm greyson."

he holds a hand out for sam to shake. his eyes turn to the dual-type then back to sam, a smile on his face.

notes +

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 2:02:54 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam had nearly replied, 'affirmative' to the question of his name but luckily Greyson spoke before he could.

"Yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you Greyson."

This was a friendly competitor, obviously. The other two were already nipping at the bit, so to speak. Barking insults at each other.

The referee was quick to jump in, giving the rules. One pokemon got a move each and if more than one move was used in sequence then it would end up a disqualification.

Sam found that interesting. It meant you would have to either hope or predict a pokémon's move or try and predict the trainer's move in order for your own pokémon's move to be effective.

Once the rules were rattled off, Sam turned to Greyson and ignored the bickering NPCs.

"Good luck."
♁ sturdy / rock wrecker, x-scissor, withdraw, rock polish, stealth rock, rock slide

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 4:39:23 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he gives sam a nod and holds out his first for a bump.

"good luck to you too, man!"

greyson is patient as the judge lays out the rules. they weren't foreign to him and seemed, overall, pretty standard. when it finished, he released a giant green sauropod.

"sammy." he blnks, turning towards the other man, giving him a bashful smile. "sorry, her name is sammy." he didn't want any confusion going forward.

"defense."

across the field a hounddoom stood, neck craned low in a threatening posture. sammy ignored the dark- and fire-type pokemon, focusing on her task.

the bud around meganium's neck began to slow and, around the grass-type and her partner, a membrane of violet energy molds. the REFLECT would keep them relatively safe from physical attacks.

just in time.

the dark pokemon was bounding the field, flames licking at his teeth in a FIRE FANG.

sammy braced for the impact.

notes + REFLECT reduces physical damage by 50%!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 13:17:10 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Think Baymax and that was Sam's reaction, slightly, to somebody actually wanting to fist-bump him.

It was true he was the 'ghost boy' or 'grim reaper kid' from the Pokémon Tower most of his life. Most kids, when he had approached them, had thought he was a kid haunting a grave. Which, he'd played off being once just to see how far he could take it.

His mother had scolded him and his gastly both.

But to see somebody offering it willingly, he had responded almost because it was socially acceptable to respond, and then he looked at his fist in confusion and wiggled his fingers. Then a nickname that made his skin crawl came from the very same man, but it was apparently the meganium's nickname, and sam sighed waving his hand dismissively.

"Don't worry about it, it's a really common name."

Sam reminded himself not to be weird about the bump or nickname and focused on the tag battle ahead. Reflect being cast was a great thing, and even better was the fact that his crustle had a high defence to begin with! That houndoom wouldn't stand a chance-- but hell, that water-type wasn't going to go down easy... which had Sam thinking.

"If you want, I can send my crustle out as a lure. Get them to switch out, and then you can bring your meganium out when they swap for type advantage."

It made his pokémon sound like a pawn to be exposed, but wasn't battling all about strategy? 'Sacrifices' included?
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 0:14:13 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson gave sam- the human, not the pokemon- a strange look. the myriad of emotions over a simple fist bump was odd. surely that wasn't his, like, first? he shrugged it off as social ineptitude and moved to his position, still running the fist bumping action through his mind.

as the hounddoom's flaming maw came upon the meganium, it slowed against the barrier of REFLECT. it probably felt as immobilizing as moving through a swap, or running your hand through a tub of molasses. her opponent's canines barely sunk through flesh, thought flames left a nasty singe on her scales. in response, her bud opened and released a flurry of POISON POWDER.

that, thankfully, had the dark pokemon backing off.

"that sounds like a plan," he said, responding to sam's offer. "if we can give her a little extra wiggle room, she can set up some more defenses, too."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 12:59:38 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Light screen would admittedly help against whatever attacks the water-type would have against his crustle, so he agreed with a firm nod.

"You just let me know when to tag in."

Sam wasn't against letting somebody else take the reigns, just like he wouldn't be against taking them himself. The crustle was already clipping his claws and giving small hissing noises as most crustation pokémon did when anxious.

To try and steady him, Sam bent down, eyes still on the match, and placed a hand on one of his claws. The cold skin of the crustle was a nice contrast to Sam's anxious and sweating hands.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 5:55:21 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

unlike their opponents, greyson and sam seemed to have hit a stride. he nods at the other mans words, turning to the meganium.

"keep it up. they'll cover us."

the grass-pokemon nods quickly, once again getting to work. having already placed a REFLECT, it was only natural she move onto next bit. another veil of psychic energy envelops their team as LIGHT SCREEN is applied. now, they would be protected from physical and special attacks.

excellent.

he once again turns to sam.

"ready when you are."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 19:25:58 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Let's rock their world."

Sam realized his pun immediately after saying it and prayed Greyson wasn't one of those guys and instead focused on the battle.

"Get them both, one blow!"

With that command, the crustle's claws gripped the ground. Energy traveled through, causing the ground to shift. Formations jutted out from the earth, causing rocks to slide around the battlefield like pinballs between the two opponents pokémon.

They retaliated like Sam thought they would, with the water pokémon opposite Sam and Greyson coming at the crustle hard with a harsh stream of water being released from their mouths, and that hound seemed to be trying to make a last ditch effort to avoid the rocks.

"Focus on the hound now!"

His next move? To get that hound out with a rock wrecker.

notes

crustle used rock slide
water pokémon npc used hydro pump
crustle survived due to ability, sturdy

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 6:04:17 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"i'll take the water-type, you get the hound. sound good?"

greyson doesn't wait for a response. type-advantage was key here. he needed to act.

the water-type— or rather, a floatzel— stares them down with fresh water droplets still dripping from its maw. its mouth pulls up into a small smirk at the damage he caused sam's pokemon. annoyance flooded the sauropod. between LIGHT SCREEN & REFLECT, it was more then capable of taking a hit or two. but that doesn't mean the upright-weasel was in the right.

far from it.

"you're up sammy. give it hell."

around her, softly painted, pink petals begin to swarm. after a moment, they race off, the PETAL BLIZZARD finding the floatzel and trapping it in a tornado of razor sharp flora.

with the overgrown weasel now incapable of seeing her true plan, she begins to absorb sunlight into the massive flower around her neck, as she prepares for a battle ending SOLAR BEAM.

"have our back one more time, sam. and we'll keep this floatzel down for good."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 20:39:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Leave it to us. Crustle! Let's wreck that houndoom! Wait for just the right moment!"

The command caused her to tense, every part of her body sharpening as she drew the attention of the dog with her previous attack, that houndoom came running toward her with an attempt to crunch down. As it did, the crustle prepared herself and her own rock wrecker came crashing down onto the houndoom.

The crustle and houndoom ended up a draw, the houndoom falling unconscious as the crustle did. Sam recalled his crustle as the houndoom was recalled, looking to Greyson with a smirk, confidence radiating through his tone.

"It's all you."

notes

crustle used rock wrecker!
endeavor recharge move accomplished.
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 6:56:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

not one to miss his cue, greyson gives sam a short, mock salute before he turns his attention back onto the finale of his fight.

water explodes out from the floatzel, it's HYDRO PUMP shattering the swarm of petals into small crystal flakes. the grinning weasel's eyes lock into the sauropod and widen. desperately, he summons forth another HYDRO PUMP.

he's too late.

the solar beam coalesces into a brilliant, glimmering orb of bright greens and yellows. it shrinks and compresses until it's about the size of a fist. greyson holds his breath in anticipation, then, the field alight with an aurora of light. the SOLARBEAM collides with the water and keeps going, evaporating the water instantly. when it finally finds its mark, the light is too blinding to see exactly what happens.

when it subsides, the floatzel is still.

it was over.

they won.

greyson releases the trapped air and gives sammy a thumbs up.

"good job."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 1:46:03 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

His crustle returned, Sam gives Greyson a confident smile. The bond between Greyson and his pokémon is evident in the confidence show during battle.

Admittedly, Sam wasn't terribly confident in his pokémon simply because he hadn't battled with it before. But now? He was beginning to learn that he needed to show confidence to gain it.

Or something along those lines-- ah, character growth.

"Well done Greyson. I'm pleased to have had the honor to battle beside you today."

Extending a hand, he glances to the meganium and watches the pokémon's movements curiously.

"Seems you're good with 'Sam's."

It's Sam's attempt at a joke, sorry Greyson.
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 4:48:26 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

despite the rather melancholy delivery, the joke rises a small laughter out of greyson. he had to admit, the piss-poor delivery helped to solidify it as a rather groan worthy pun.

"you did quite well yourself. without you holding the line, sammy over there wouldn't have been able to prepare like she did."

as if summoned, the sauropod approaches the duo. her breathing is heavy, likely due to the intense strain the solarbeam had put on her, but otherwise was relatively fine. the top of her head seeks greyson's palm and he happily gives the grass-type her victory scratches.

"we make a pretty good team, all considering."

it had, of course, helped that the other two were an arguing mess — then and now — and possessed little to no visible teamwork. their pokemon alone were powerful, but would've been even more so if they worked together.

greyson blows air out in front of him, glad for the victory, but unsatisfied with his opponents.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 16:41:25 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

"Our styles did seem to compliment one another. Though, I suppose if you have a common grasp of not being an overall asshole, it's rather common for teamwork to come through during a tag battle."

The arguing duo across from them had gotten a bit violent and were being ushered out of the small arena. Sam's gaze then shifted to Greyson, brow arched.

"Victory consessions?"

He was asking Greyson if he wanted to accompany Sam over to one of the concession stands to get something to eat and snack on while they waited to be called for their next battle.

That is, if Greyson had the time. If not, Sam would understand and showed as much with his tone and body language...as much as he could, anyway.

All the while he takes glances between how close Greyson is with his meganium and with how seemingly infatuated the pokémon is with her trainer. It reminds him of he and his gastly's not so physical but just as emotional bond.
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">