1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 1:45:17 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Howzit goin' !" Zac said, grinning broadly as he stuck out a giant hand. "Pleasure to meet ya. I'm Zac!"
The pair of them stood at the water's edge, with the waves of Slateport Beach's rising tide washing at Zac's feet every feet moments. A trio of blonde heads poked out of the sane on the redheaded man's dry side was. The gorgeous, golden locks of the Alolan Dugtrio bobbed up and down as the Pokemon burrowed little circles around its trainer. The Pokemon looked incredibly content burrowing through the wet sand, and the sheen of recently-applied sunscreen was clearly visible across its exposed skin.
Zac pulled two cans of Charja-Cola from his bag. He offered one to Casey before cracking open his own and taking a deep drink. "Amor told me you were looking to break into the contest scene, is that right?" Zac asked.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 2:24:56 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Slateport City. A city perpetually smelling of sea-salt, due to the sun evaporating the very edges of the seawater, and the wind current carrying the particles inland. This left longtime residents with a strong seasalt scent.

Casey washed ashore, alongside a blue creature skirting the line between manta ray and flotation device. He stood up in black denim shorts, seemingly dry due to the creature's ability to wick away moisture. He stuck out a thin hand with long fingers to meet Zac's paw, and looked up at him.

Casey didn't catch that man's name, and so it took a second. Zac would be able to see the gears turning in his head. He accepted the drink and popped the tab. A jet of carbon vapor tinged with cola flavor hit his nose, and his eyes lit up. "Yeah. I uh...... Melody's dad is brothers with my dad. I saw her on TV and knew I could do more with my life."

Casey swallowed a lump in his throat. He was parched, and would without shame down a 1/5 of the can right away.

TL;DR: It's on!
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 3:05:45 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"So you and are cousins?" Zac nodded, putting together the family tree in his head. "Wait. Maverick. Any relation to ? If so then that's a hell of a pedigree the three of you are putting together. Already two gym leaders in the family!" Zac smiled, taking another pensive sip of the refreshing cola. Nearby, Fabrizio the Dugtrio disappeared into the sands. "A can-do attitude is the first step. Have you done any contest work yet? I know that both Glitch and Melody have participated in my contests a few times so far. They're both legends! Might be worth getting some hints from them too."

Zac went to finish his can, but Dugtrio tried to dig up underneath his feet and he stumbled. "Hey! Watch it mate! I almost spilled my cola!"

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 3:26:11 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Slateport City. A city perpetually smelling of sea-salt, due to the sun evaporating the very edges of the seawater, and the wind current carrying the particles inland. This left longtime residents with a strong seasalt scent.

Casey thought for a minute. He downed another 1/5 of the can, and looked back up at Zac. He seemed to put the pieces together well enough. "I haven't seen Glitch in quite some time, but yes. I was lucky enough to bump into Melody recently, but I suspect that they're both busy."

Then, huh? W-w-w-w-w-w-what? DJ, run that back. This was a Contest administrator? Casey straightened out his back, and ran a hand through his hair so it wouldn't cling to the buzzed sides of his head as it dried. "Not really. I was in a firefighter calendar that went viral, then I got into modeling. I'm putting a team together. I don't know if I'm ready yet."

Casey had a weak grin, watching Dugtrio nearly overturn Zac's drink. He whistled, and Mantyke peeled itself off the sand, shaking itself off like a wet dog. It floated, not unlike a butterfly. "Seems like he's restless. Have you let him out to play very often?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 15:08:49 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I think they're both busy as hell dealing wit the H star T. I know i've got my fair share of battles and I reckon those two have been swamped." Zac lowered his voice, as if he were telling Casey a huge secret. "They're pretty popular. Melody especially."

"Modelling ay? That's a good angle, but nothing compares to first hand experience. Tell you what, I'm holding a contest in a week or so. Winner gets a badge from my gym, too! I'd love to see you there, mate!" Zac gave Casey a winning grin. 

He watched as the Mantyke flapped gently up the beach. "Nah I just got him in a trade. Haven't had much of a chance to let him out, let alone to battle! For all I know it's his first time!" Zac looked down at his champion. The Dugtrio shook some hair out of its eyes and looked back at him. "Huh. Well either way some exercise and experience will do us all good." Zac pointed a thumb at the Mantyke that was flapping its way up the beach towards them. "Cute little guy you've got there! Has he been with you long?"

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 6:14:42 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey thought for a minute. He downed another 1/5 of the can, and looked back up at Zac. He seemed to put the pieces together well enough. "--Come to think of it... I think I saw Glitch when I found the cooler full of Feraligatrade. Could've been heat-stroke on my part, but I'd recognize that face."

Then, Zac brought up having obtained Dugtrio recently. That'd account for its restlessness. "I've had Mantyke for a while. I caught 'em on my commute home from visiting the extended family in Mossdeep. My first pokemon was uh, the Whiscash that I rode there."

Casey had a weak grin, watching the restless mole go to and fro. And the comparatively very calm Zac. The man who even humored the transparent fraud. Casey had a weak grin. "Let's let 'em wrestle, then." Mantyke whistled a low note, like a whale's call. It then leapt from Casey's arms and took flight, circling the three of them overhead.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 13:51:32 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Feraligatrade isn't bad," Zac said appraisingly. It was a straight shot sports drink, not a direct competitor, and to be honest he enjoyed their Blue flavor. "A Whiscash, ay? Those are beautiful, powerful Pokemon. Love em to bits. You know, if I wasn't born right in the heart of volcano country I reckon I would have been a water trainer. I've always enjoyed the way the ocean lets creatures grow so big." 

Mantyke took to the air, and Zac hooted in delight. "Yeah! Let's jump into it then!" He felt his blood rise as the battle started. Dugtrio flicked his hair once before dipping under the sands. Zac followed the sandy bulge through the sands as it circled the beach. "A classic ground Pokemon hunting technique is to wait until their opponent lands and then surprise 'em with a strike from below." Zac looked up at the Mantyke, which was easily flapping through the air. "But that may not work in this case." 

Dugtrio quickly reached the same conclusion, and popped back out. Frustrated, Fabrizio swirled his three heads like they were thick, clay wands, and each of its heads of golden blonde hair launched a startling elemental attack.

The left head, with its fiery bob-cut, set forth a ball of flame, formed from the heat of the sand, the sun, and its hot Alolan blood. The middle head, ever the cool and calculating type, tracked Mantyke's movements before he shot a sparkling lance of ice, aiming straight for the heart. The right head, the prankster of the family, bobbed around energetically before shaking its fibrous hairs and generating a bolt a static the burst in the air like sparking fireworks. 

-Dugtrio used Tri-attack!

1bCSuQdY

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 14:54:06 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey thought for a minute. He downed another 1/5 of the can, and looked back up at Zac. He smiled, and appreciated him opening up.. "--I’m from volcano country too. My dad’s the Treasury Secretary of Fallarbor. He used to make me go fishing with a friend to stay out of trouble, and that’s when I found a Barboach that I couldn’t bring myself to club or eat."

Then, Zac brought them back to the reason for being here. Dugtrio circled the ground, moving through the sand with the grace any fish would take to the water with. It popped its three heads up and launched into a Tri Attack. A rotating prism of fire, ice, and lightning that defied all reason. Mantyke was knocked down and left with a burn. "You seem to be faring just fine without it."

Casey had a weak grin, watching the restless mole go to and fro. Mantyke took to the sky again, and circled the group overhead. It launched a Water Pulse. A wave of rippling water that caught the sun’s glare, looking like a ring of light. It looked all the more large and imposing when used on dry land. cxUXE8v9

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 9:48:01 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"That's a great story!" Zac said, his heart warming at the age-old tale of man falling in love with a fish. "My first Pokemon was Zappa. A Heliolisk. Mum found him in the back yard one day and she made the mistake of feeding him. That was bloody eighteen years ago. The little guy was a scaly brother to me growing up."

Mantyke's attack shook the air with rings of shimmering water. They broke on Dugtrio like a wet chair, and the blonde triplets spun around, confused, their gorgeous hair sticking to their tanned faces and getting in their eyes. In confusion they Dug underground, tunneling through the soaked sand before popping up closer to the waves. "Back this way!" Zac called encouragingly. 

-Mantyke's Water Pulse hit Dugtio!
-Dugtrio is confused!
-Dugtrio used Dig!

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 17:18:03 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey thought for a minute. He downed another 1/5 of the can, and looked back up at Zac. He smiled, and appreciated him opening up.. "That’s amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Heliolisk. Must’ve been cute, for your mom to want to keep it. Where are you from, if you don’t mind me asking?"

Then, Zac brought them back to the reason for being here. Dugtrio circled the ground, clearly dazed from the recent attack. Casey hadn’t planned for this, he just had to adjust to it. His next move seemed much clearer. A smile formed on his face. He also tried to encourage Dugtrio, just to make things interesting. "Alright! You’re almost there."

Casey had a weak grin, watching the restless mole go to and fro. Mantyke took to the sky again, and circled the group overhead. It started to cover itself in a thin membrane of seawater, to offset the damage of the burn. The way the sun caught it made Mantyke look like another sun. It used Aqua Ring. roll]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 1:02:39 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
Zac sent out Zappa the Heliolisk. The gym leader always had his favorite lizard on hand. "Ain't he just adorable?" Zac asked, scritching the scales on Zappa's neck. "He used to be a lot smaller though. But I think mum would have kept him even if he was already grown. I grew up in Lavaridge. Lots of reptiles around there. Zappa probably wandered in from the desert to grab some nicer food. Ain't that right mate?" Zappa made a loud chirp of agreement.

Meanwhile, Dugtrio was still trying to get back to the battle. The two trainers (and Zappa) shouted their encouragement, with Zac making exaggerated hand motions to try and direct his confused Pokemon. The trio dug down a few more times, first popping up near Zac. Then over in the dunes, then right underneath the healing Mantyke! "Right there mate! It's right above you!" 

Dugtrio was as surprised at the success as Zac was, and let our a exclamatory squeak! Hopefully the sudden reappearance of Dugtrio would ASTONISH Mantyke.

-Dugtrio used ASTONISH!

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:17:04 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar
Casey thought for a minute. He downed another 1/5 of the can, and looked back up at Zac. He smiled, and appreciated him opening up.. "Wow! Lavaridge, huh? That's not too far away. I think our hometowns were on different sides of the same volcano. I also ended up catching a Skarmory while out for a hike as a boy."

Then, Zac brought them back to the reason for being here. Dugtrio circled the ground, and finally pounced. It used Astonish, leading Mantyke to flinch. Aqua ring took effect, healing it for a fraction of the damage. "He's pretty tough. Have you had that Dugtrio for a while?"

Casey had a weak grin, watching the manta ray coast off overhead. The restless mole sat below, trying to feel its way around not being able to use what'd probably be a devastating Earthquake or Dig.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:11:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
The ASTONISH didn't have any effect on Mantyke, but the prolonged healing gave Dugtrio time to snap out of confusion. It shook its heads of long, glorious blonde hair, whirled the sandy locks, and sent another trio of elemental blasts at the floating opponent. TRI-ATTACK!

"The hiking is great around Mt. Chimney, isn't it? Plenty of Dugtrio up on the mountains. These little guys were a gift from a friend, though. Not sure where she got them...Probably wasn't Alola. Have you ever been?"

-Dugtrio used TRI-ATTACK

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:23:36 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar
Casey thought for a minute. He downed another 1/5 of the can, and looked back up at Zac. He thought for a second, glancing into the middle distance. "I don’t think I’ve scaled the mountain proper. However, the trail leading East out of Fallarbor includes the ash-covered foothills of the mountain. I... I don’t know if we have Dugtrio like that here."

Then, Zac brought them back to the reason for being here. Dugtrio circled the ground and opened up with Tri Attack, leaving Mantyke with a nasty burn. Aqua ring was now less effective, just barely canceling out the sustained damage. One more hit would surely fell Mantyke. To that end, it retaliated against Dugtrio with Water Pulse"I’d move there for work if I could... but I couldn’t justify a day-trip to Alola in the past."

Casey had a weak grin, watching the manta ray coast off overhead. The restless mole sat below, finally gaining ground in their tug of war.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
ZAC VS. CASEY[H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:56:02 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
"I know what you mean, mate. Just too much going on around here!" Zac said, gesturing broadly to the beach and Hoenn as a whole. As he did, Dugtrio carved a path through the sand. The triplets stopped underneath Mantkye, bunching up for a moment before extending upwards fast and hard, their necks stretching like clay as they shot up to hit Mantyke with an IRON HEAD. 

"When I retire I reckon I'll just head to Alola. Gotta be a pretty nice place to spend your later years."

-Dugtrio used IRON HEAD