Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rowan Wrynn vs Calliope Marks (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 6:14:42 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Calliope Marks?” An eyebrow cocked as he looked at the name on his phone, swearing that he’d heard that name somewhere before. “Oh well.” Rowan couldn’t remember, must have been just one of those names. As he approached the arena where the battle was supposed to be taking place, there was a reactionary grimace that he had to fight off when he saw the scarred face of his challenger. “I’m Rowan, nice to meet you.”

A hand extended towards her, attempting to be cordial and friendly. “Good luck, I hope you have fun.” Rowan took a few steps back away from the woman, grabbing onto a Pokeball on his waist. Toxapex appeared in a flash of artificial light, unleashed from the capsule onto the battlefield. “I’ll be using Thorns, here.”

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 9:30:09 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
Whatever face might or might not have made, she was used to it by now. Her disfiguration didn't bother her as much as one might think, anymore. She nodded at the greeting, cool but friendly, for the moment.

"Thank you for the battle.... Rowan?" She thought that was the name, anyway.

A pokeball was taken from her side, an Ekans released, who curled up on himself in a heap of coils.

"I'll be using my Ekans." She hadn't nicknamed her pokemon. Callie had learned it made it hurt worse when you lost them.

ekans - male - intimidate - mud bomb, screech, glare, acid spray, haze, wrap
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 0:54:26 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Ekans, huh?” An interesting choice to use another poison type, though Rowan saw their intention in taking away from Toxapex’s main strength. “Going to be an interesting battle.” This suddenly became more about trainer intuition and synergy than type-advantage, meaning anything could happen.

A smirk came across Rowan’s face and he would take the first attack opportunity of the battle. “Thorns, lets do this.” The Toxapex used her limbs to launch forward onto the Ekans, looking to Bite them with their fanged maw.

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 6:11:35 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
On instinct, Ekans raised up and bared his own fangs, hissed loudly while rattling his tail. An Intimidation tactic to throw off the other pokemon, show he was a predator.

The bite did land, though, chomping into hard scales. Being more a close range fighter than longer range, he tried to Wrap around the Toxapex while he could.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 21:50:56 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

A squeal came from the Toxapex as Ekans wrapped around their body, compressed from the pressure of their strong body. “Thorns, make them regret that!” The Pokemon took a moment to focus, pushing their dome outwards with Baneful Bunker to hopefully force the Ekans away from them and break the Wrap.

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 20:28:56 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
Shoved away, the Ekans hissed before hurling up a glob of soiled earth at the other. A Mud Bomb. It was disgusting to watch as his body contracted and the ball traveled inside him, visible through he skin.

He wouldn't go down that easily just yet.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 23:56:00 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan winced slightly as he watched the Ekans regurgitate the softened earth from their mouth, beginning to feel slightly queasy. “Gross.” He muttered underneath his breath, the Mud Shot slamming against Thorns and forcing them backwards across the battlefield.

A click of the tongue issued the next command, something that he’d been practicing since he’d been working with Gavin. Toxapex swelled slightly, the spines that covered their body suddenly exploding in all directions, looking to strike Ekans with Pin Missile.

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 16:01:52 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
The Pin Missile strikes hard, making the Ekans hiss out in pain. It responds quick, Glareing at the Toxapex. That tended to freeze whoever was coming at him in their tracks.

"You've raised your pokemon very well." Callie says, gentle and almost missed over the sound of the battle, to .
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 23:16:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Thanks.” Rowan responded with a small smile, pleased that someone recognized how he cared for his companions. Other members of Team Rocket seemed to employ a more heavy-handed method of controlling their Pokémon, of which Rowan didn’t particularly approve.

“Your Ekans is pretty strong too.” Thorns would disagree, but he saw the merit in being able to keep up with an under-evolved Pokémon. Toxapex lunged forward with a burst of water, using Liquidation to close the gap between the two of them.

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 2:27:31 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
The Liquidation sent the Ekans sprawling. While Callie had done her best... well, it was still a fact that her pokemon was under-trained for battle. Raising her hand to signal her defeat, she picked her way over to her now-unconcious pokemon and gently leaned over to give him a pet before calling him back into his pokeball.

"Not strong enough." But it was said lightly, a hint of a smile.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 4:18:15 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’m sure once they evolve you’ll be mopping up the competition next year.” Rowan offered a sincere smile and recalled his Toxapex, striding across the field towards her. “Good match.” A hand extended out for the woman to shake, still unable to shake the feeling that he’d seen her somewhere before.

Calliope’s burns were even more gruesome up close, forcing Rowan to try his best to not stare at the woman for an inappropriate amount of time. “So, do you live in Hoenn or are you visiting for the tournament?”

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 5:17:55 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
For 's sake, Callie gave him her good hand. Most people didn't like the strange feeling of her damaged one, somehow both smooth and oddly textured at the same time. His efforts were appreciated. Some people could be so rude about her scars.

"I've moved here recently. It seemed like a good chance to test out my pokemon. Yourself?" His accent didn't seem to be Hoenn-based.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 22:59:19 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Been here a few months, moved from Galar.” Rowan released his grip on her hand, looking around to see the few spectators shuffling away onto the next battle. “Decided to participate in the tournament to see where I stand against other trainers, not really interested in the publicity of the whole thing.”

Others focused on the leaderboard where Rowan was only concerned about improving himself and his Pokémon.

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 10:50:49 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
"That's how good trainers usually feel about it." She hummed, thinking back on her own experiences before becoming Champion in Kanto. She had never wanted to win. It was more that she just fell into the position, more excited by the idea having blood-pumping battles and testing out her pokemon. It just so happened she was very good at it.

"I do wish you luck if you have more battles today."

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 23:59:55 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“You as well.” Rowan nodded, offering her a final warm smile before slipping into the nearby crowd. There was a few moments before he finally realized where he’d seen her before, suddenly turning around only to see that Calliope had already gone.

“Oh well.”
He shrugged and made his way towards the next battle, curious as to whether or not he’d just defeated a Champion.