"Cooked Eggs on Pavement" [Mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 12:55:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]
[attr="class","heartpic"]
[attr="class","spacinglist"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

[attr="class","hearticonholder"]
[attr="class","hearticon"]
[attr="class","heartnotebox"]
[attr="class","heartnotes"]

Heat Wave Mission[break]
Sunshower Café's Menu!

[attr="class","heartside"]

[attr="class","hearttag"]

[attr="class","hearttextbox"]

[attr="class","hearttext"]
By the Tapus, it was so damn hot today. Rayne had, as always, opened shop today, yet even with air conditioning, he couldn't seem to stave away the awful heat coming in through the open doorway alone—god forbid that he actually had to stand out there, thankfully—and he couldn't just close the door, how would people know that Sunshower Café's open, or smell the delicious aroma? Once again, thank god for air conditioning. Yet it seemed 'god' had given Rayne the big ol' middle, the air conditioning unit for the main café area seeming to sputter and shut down.[break][break]

"... well, okay, screw you too, I guess." he'd groaned to himself, thankfully it probably wasn't something he'd need to call a die-hard expert for. Rayne was enough of an odd-ball that he'd learnt a ridiculous amount of tricks and trades over the years of his life, and he'd probably be able to stave off a pricey visit from an electrician to fix it if he did it himself—Chance was a great boon for helping him figure out what was wrong as well—but, that wasn't something he could do while keeping open shop. Thankfully at least, all the rest of his electricals were working.[break][break]

He'd poured some ice & cold water into some pet bowls and set them down for his pokémon to drink from—or bathe in, he really couldn't blame them right now. With an afterthought he'd poured another out, filling it with ice and setting it outside clearly in view in front of the café for any passersby, even if the ice would melt quickly, he could change it out fairly frequently hopefully. Though by now, Rayne was starting to feel the heat, pouring out a glass for himself, a tempting afterthought of just shoving his head in the freezer passing through his mind as he took a sip.

Nano

[newclass=.heart]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#845F91; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpic] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #845F91, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/LaA0AWk.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticon] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/uqZpnGt.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spacinglist] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.spacing] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#845F91; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextbox] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#56535A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext b] color:#E6B3CC; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartside] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotebox] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#56535A; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttag] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#56535A; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholder] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; padding:10px; border-right-color: #56535A; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 0:51:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
There was a groan as a customer practically dripped in from the sidewalk.

Having seen the bowl of ice, Chu-e had hoped to find something cool and refreshing inside. Or at least air conditioner! But, he was sadly disappointed when it was almost as hot in here as it was in the baking heat on the street.

Chu-e didn't say too much at first, just went to grab a menu and raised a hand in a vague greeting to @rayne.

A few moments of looking over the menu and he deflated further.

"Do you have any cold options safe for Lactose Intolerant people...?"

While the frozen treats on the desert menu looked good, they would have Chu-e shitting his pants before he could get home if he ate any of them.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 7:26:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

"Oh, a customer!" Rayne had announced heartily—or rather as heartily as a man staving off heat exhaustion could be—he'd rather promptly served Chu-e a glass of water with ice when he'd come to take his order, it was just one person and he didn't want to force his pokémon at the moment. It was a rather brief pause after Chu-e's statement and order that it'd occurred to Rayne that he didn't actually put an item on the menu like that, at least nothing in the 'specials', a particular grimace at the sudden reality painting his visage.[break][break]

[break][break]

"Well, unfortunately nothing's officially on the menu, aside from a simple iced coffee without any milk, or the sodas can work without any ice cream... wouldn't be much of a float at that point, though," Rayne chuckled, listing off the options, "given this heat, and with the air conditioning broken... between you and me, I don't really mind just helping people cool off," he'd laughed.

Nano

[newclass=.heart]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#845F91; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpic] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #845F91, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/LaA0AWk.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticon] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/uqZpnGt.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spacinglist] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.spacing] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#845F91; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextbox] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#56535A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartside] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotebox] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#56535A; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttag] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#56535A; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholder] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; padding:10px; border-right-color: #56535A; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 19:45:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
There is another small pout.

@rayne had gotten a hard customer today.

"I can't have caffeine because I take daily medicine..." And that stuff was more lethal to him than alcohol. Too much and he would have a big seizure. His greatest weakness.

But, not to be deterred, Chu-e flipped through the menu again, finger on the pages as he searched.

"Oh. What about this?" Turning the menu around, Chu-e pointed at what he must have overlooked the first time around: The Swablu Ice. "That doesn't have any milk in it, does it?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 3:06:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

As the customer had explained his dietary concerns, Rayne had been making a mental note of it all, he'd certainly want to add a couple more items to the menu to cater to this and it was better he did so earlier rather than later. Of course, as it turned out, Rayne had blanked out a little, seeming to forget his own menu.[break][break]

"Oh yes, we do serve that, don't we?" He'd chuckled to himself in amusement, "Just syrup, sugar and ice!" he'd responded with a smile, "May I get your name?" he'd asked promptly, leaving to prepare the cold treat after Chu-e's reply. On his way to the kitchen he'd noticed his own pokémon seeming to struggle a little, the heat seemed to be getting to them in such a small location and without air conditioning it was rather stuffy. Perhaps he'd need to close up shop for the day. He'd quickly refilled the water bowls for them before going in to prepare the shaved ice.[break][break]

It hadn't taken long before he'd come back out, with no other orders and how simple the summer treat was, it would have been strange if he'd taken any longer.[break][break]

"Here you go, one Swablu Ice for Mr. Ji-Hoon," saying it out loud, the name seemed somewhat familiar, though for Rayne names tended to blend together so he hadn't really thought much of it, "say, it's rather hot today and my pokémon aren't quite up to help me run the place, so I'm thinking of closing early today and helping them cool off. Given the air conditioning issue, I was thinking of watering them down with a hose up on the roof," he'd explained, he didn't particularly mind divulging—a rather friendly man without much of a sense of danger—continuing further with an offer, "Given the epiphany you'd given me, how about we say the shave ice is on the house, and if you'd like to join me and cool off your pokémon too?" Rayne had smiled, he was grateful to Chu-e after all.

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 15:25:44 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e accepted the treat gladly. He sighed as he took a spoonful, already feeling a little better. Idly, he wondered if his Altaria has been as cute as this shaved ice when he was just a baby.

"Hmmmm... no." Chu-e smiled up at @rayne coyly before standing up, picking up his shaved ice with him. "How about I pay, give you a nice tip, then we go play with our pokemon?" He grinned, almost malicious, as if he wouldn't broken any arguments.

Already, though, he was reaching for a few of the pokeballs he had brought with him. His cat pokemon wouldn't be happy about a bath but he had other pokemon who could use a little cooling off.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 12:05:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

He'd blinked in surprise, not having expected someone to turn down the chance for having something for free, though he'd smiled shortly regardless, happily accepting Chu-e's generosity. He'd paused for a moment, forgetting that Chance wasn't in the register, busy melting from the heat—how did a pokémon made up of plasma feel hot in this weather? Aw well—chuckling when he'd realised,[break][break]

"Well, that'll be [Some amount of BS PD lul], Mr. Ji-Hoon. Shall we then?"[break][break]

Rayne had done a quick double check to make sure nothing that shouldn't be on was on—the place was already pristine clean, the café owner not exactly having had much chance to use it, and he'd be coming back later during the night to do one last clean anyway. Bringing his fingers to his mouth, Rayne whistled softly. The call seemed to energise his pokémon, who'd jumped and bounded to crowd a door further into the shop while Rayne closed up shop, making sure to bring his chalkboard sign back in and flip the OPEN sign to CLOSED. He'd quickly knelt down to write an apology on the chalkboard and propped it up to be visible behind the glass door. The apology in question relating to the broken AC, and the struggle of the heat.[break][break]

Eventually, Rayne had brought his pokémon and his customer up the stairs, briefly passing by the quaint large space that he'd taken up as his own living space, all sorts of rather silly lavish furniture decorating the place—from a life-sized Snorlax... bed? Cushion? Whatever it was, Rayne used it both to sleep and sit on anyway, to an Arcanine-stripe themed rug, Rayne's room was an explosion of all sorts of colourful things. Regardless, Rayne had opened up another door to the roof of the boat, a small quaint garden space lined with greens lining the outer edges of the rooftop, his eyes trained on the hose sitting on the other side.[break][break]

"Here we are!" Rayne announced with a smile.

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 5:47:08 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
As they passed through the house, Chu-e of course was nosy as fuck and absorbed all he could of his surroundings before they reached the roof. It was very sad, though, that his poor little shaved ice had half melted in the short trip. This was too steep a price to pay for mother nature.

He tossed his own pokeballs out, a fluffy Arcanine appearing as well as a tiny Snom. The little pokemon whined in the heat so Chu-e scooped him up into his arms.

"If we can cool this guy down we can have an infinite ice cube maker."

@rayne
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 11:06:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

"You certainly drive a hard bargain with that, Mr. Ji-Hoon." Rayne had laughed, making his way over briskly to the hose and immediately turning the tap, a shrill screech succeeded by the low rumble of flowing water as the hose came to life in his hand. Rayne had smiled, thankfully the water remained cool, the storage and converter built into the boat well shaded and cool in the belly of the boat house.[break][break]

With his thumb over the nozzle, Rayne pumped out more water, letting water spray up high into the air over the deck, not too much to drown out the Snom nor his own Joltik, but definitely enough that the cold, fresh water had already worked its wonders as it evaporated. His Raichu, Paua had shook, fluffing and bristling up her fur with a doofy little, content smile.[break][break]

He'd taken the opportunity to water his personal garden a little, finding it rather amusing that his pokémon insistently followed the water, despite the fact that it wouldn't be long until he'd returned to playing with them and Chu-e's own pokémon. He'd turned with an innocent smile,[break][break]

"So, how's the shaved ice?"[break][break]

He'd asked, though, it had taken him a bit too long to realise he'd also aimed the hose right at his customer, "... oh dear."

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 17:54:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Snom, at least, sighed at the refreshing blast. Feeling better, he was soon creating a nice Icy Wind in order to further freeze out the heat for himself and the other pokemon.

Chu-e was already feeling much better, too. He sighed as he felt the mist of water.

"Hm? It's really- BLAURGH"

The water had shot him right int he face and cut off his words, half drowning him while standing up.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 4:26:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@rayne