Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 17:16:42 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

”I highly doubt he’d care to,” he simply replies about Theo seeing as the two had very poor history with one another. He’ll leave it at that for now unless the underboss asked otherwise. [break][break]

For now he’d simply watch, eyes widening with interest as the other has basically become a smoke bomb, but there was clearly more to the mist than just that. The way Gavin’s form begins to shift as it thickens around him while the miasma filled the room. Curiously he drifts his hand through the smoke as if to test if it had any affect on the skin of humans. Thankfully it doesn’t but he does still listen with his interest clearly peaked. ”So reanimating in a sense, wonder if there is a chemical in the smoke that activates something in the brain,” because of course a man of science would try to think of magic as science just unexplained. [break][break]

”Has the mist you produce been tested?” there are so many other questions he’d love to ask, but this is the first.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 17:32:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Something shifts in his expression when testing is mentioned; it's nigh imperceptible, as Gavin schools his expressions well, but perhaps discernable by a man who'd been his superior for years. Who'd mastered the art of reading people, to better manipulate their minds.

Should Pryde see it, it would register as discomfort.

"We've done extensive testing of my power, yes."

No matter what the cost.

"It bears a resemblance to Lugia's biosignature. It appears to affect myself and my Pokemon, regardless of whether or not they're shadowed. I can control its direction, as well."

He doesn't move, but the miasma does: it swirls into a cyclone of shadow, then disperses as if cast by a bitter gale.

He shifts in his seat. Pryde would know, eventually.

"They've tested all sorts of things. Pain tolerance, healing factor, stress response."

Being underboss did not exempt him from their rule: all Pokemon, and now all avatars, existed for the glory of Team Rocket.

"I can give you clearance on the files."
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 18:57:59 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Pryde listens with incredible interest as the other shows off his abilities a tad more. Oh how’d he love to study it himself, though the discomfort the other shows may go missed by most, he sees it. While experimentation on pokemon was an all clear for him, people felt different in his eyes. For the briefest of moments he wonders if once he is able to get back in the labs again if he would be asked to work on this project as well. Or would he? ”By sheer force of will?” he questions curious how it moves without even needing to move himself. [break][break]

It isn’t until the mention of the actual test where he begins to pain a better picture of what the other has gone through. As he’s sure he’s done the same if not worse to some pokemon whenever asked to. ”I would be grateful if you’ll allow me access as at the moment the labs aren’t for me,” as if to prove a point he would reach for a pen on Gavin’s desk with his right hand, and while at first he seems to have it just fine it isn’t long before it breaks in two, “Still getting use to trying to handle pressure I can’t feel I’m causing, but it’s always fun to learn of something new, though sorry it has to be at your expense, is there no other avatars to test?”

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 20:09:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Seems that way," he confirms. "It's more precise if I use movement."

He demonstrates with a wave of his hand.

Gavin watches the pen snap in two, understands how such force contrasted with the delicate touch needed in the labs. He knows, too, how difficult it is to be kept from your passions.

"We've other avatars," he confirms, "but each one is unique, and thus provides a different result. My consent is expected, and thus given."

Though he sounds casual, there's a deeper meaning behind the words.

I would not dare say no to Declan Walsh.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 17:08:11 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Fascinating. Its all he could really call the abilities. While he’s sure others might be put off by the powers, or even the pokemon behind them Pryde expresses nothing but pure interest. Science, for the most part, was used to make things better. And in the right hands he feels this could be an interesting step forward. [break][break]

”Of course, as to be expected,” it was just fact, you do as Rocket ask and eventually it’ll pay off. Though for who if would pay off for was always up in the air. ”I’m sure if Walsh were back in Kanto the same thing would be befalling him,” he comments as if almost giving a small reminder that Walsh was not top dog. Not in the grand scheme of things.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 0:16:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
'As to be expected.'

Gavin inclines his head, a subtle hint of submission that offsets the dominance of an underboss in his posture. Not to Pryde, but to Rocket's iron grip around his own throat.

His amber gaze returns to Pryde's when Walsh is mentioned.

"I've no doubt."

But they weren't in Kanto, and so it was happening to him.

Perhaps a man as observant as Pryde would see the telltale signs of lethargy behind Gavin's veneer of sturdy confidence. A pallor to his skin, bags beneath his eyes, a deep wound on his arm that has been slow to mend. They had forbidden the use of any healing beyond his body's own capability, which in spite of his avatar status was laughably ordinary.

He'd told them as much before bending to their demands.

"We hope to secure an unaffiliated avatar from which to extract... more thorough results. They need to ensure that I can still work, after all."

Should his use to Rocket become obsolete, he expects this would change.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 21:25:21 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

”Does Rockets not have Avatars under you that these experiments could be happening in your steed?” from the reports he’s heard there should be 4 avatars, and that’s excluding Hoenn’s top man. [break][break]

Raphael can’t help but tilt his head at the other with how tired he sounds. A brow raises as he wonders where that could lead. But he puts it aside for now due to it’s improbability. He ponders for a moment as he thinks over trying to find an unaffiliated. ”What of capturing one of the league? One unaffiliated could be persuaded,” he comments before his mind ponders of something else, “ do you know if any of you give off an energy signature?

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 19:31:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods, curt.

"Aside from Walsh, I hold the highest rank among our avatars." There's a note of pride behind his firm neutrality. "The others are Head Scientist Flint, Admin Calcifet, and our agents Malcolm and Fairburne. Yes, that Fairburne."

His lip twitches. Rocket's eyes and ears were everywhere.

"I haven't asked if they've been subject to the same, but it matters little."

He has already given his consent, will not retract it.

"That would be a question for our scientists; sadly I've had little time to practise the craft." Despite the depressing implication, Gavin talks of surrendering his life's work as if it were the weather. "I know we give off a distinct aura to those who can detect those sorts of things. That an avatar is distinguishable from an ordinary person, and each from the other."
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 5:49:19 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

More names, and more people to where he didn't have faces too. If nothing else it would give him something to do. [break][break]

"That's a pity," he comments about the other's lack of involvement in the labs. Though considering how much he was taken out anyways due to another involvement he wasn't surprised, "Maybe when I'm back in the labs we can't find a solution on how to make avatars a bit more noticeable for the benefit of your health," and clearly Rocket's but knowing Pryde's loyalties it should be a given. [break][break]

"Though I do have to ask, you say things aren't done the same here as in Kanto," he thinks about it again as he now has to ponder whats going over the line, "I know you say you run things more like my lab, but you've also been on the receiving end of what I have done at mistakes," he tilts his head curious on how far much of a step back was being taken.[break][break]

"Those still allowed?"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 2:20:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
His lip twitches at the mention of his health.

It's the question that draws him in, perhaps because it's easier to focus on facts as opposed to the nebulous situation he's found himself in with regards to the experiments.

An involuntary shiver threatens at an old memory, but Gavin barely blinks. He had been on the receiving end of Pryde's punishment exactly once before ensuring he'd never made the same mistake again. It had been more than simple agony.

"Those of us with rank retain the authority to... mm, deal with things as we see fit, for the most part. I'd imagine that's why plenty in Rocket are afraid of me."

Sharp edges he's tucked away reveal themselves momentarily with a tilt of his head, a glimmer in his eyes.

"We can't be bloodthirsty without reason. Those were the exact words told to me by Declan Walsh when he found out I'd lied to him about something important — right before an assurance that if my actions were to compromise Rocket, he'd have all the reason he needs." Gavin folds his hands and leans forward. "So if there's a reason for it, then yes. It would be allowed."
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 7:40:16 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Can't be bloodthirsty without reason," he repeats thinking a bit back to his own labs as while not the same policy, he wasn't as harsh as several others with his ranking. Though that was more because he wished to manipulate with sprinkles of abuse, rather than just pure abuse and fear. And while he is curious as to what the other might have lied about he knows better than to ask details about it. [break][break]

"Alright, I think I can adapt then, for now I should probably explore the ship to get myself familiar," there was much to catch up on and Pryde wasn't one to keep himself behind on things. His smile widens as he still seems happy to have seen an old face, "It was good seeing you again, perhaps we can catch up more another time, a game of Blackjack maybe?" he jest though doesn't make a move to leave. He wants to be sure the underboss has nothing more to talk to him with.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 22:29:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin inclines his head, relieved that Pryde seems amenable to their changes. It's not as if he has a choice, but it's easier to acclimatize the ones who showed a willingness to try.

"Then I'll keep you no longer."

The smile is returned, a surprisingly genuine gesture.

"Ah, it's been so long since I've played — I'd love to. Name a time and place when you know it, and I'll do my best."

His schedule was packed tight, these days, but he was more than willing to shift things around for an old friend. He clicks his tongue, and the door shimmers and opens of its own accord, a silent invitation.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 6:39:48 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Its always a good way to get to know people," he comments, its why he always invited his own people to games. Get to know them better, get a chance for him to grow on them. And also get them to trust one another because the last thing he wanted was people in his labs ruining something because of their pettiness. [break][break]

With that he bows his head and moves to leave the office to explore more.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
reunion
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 3:15:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: