Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 10:37:15 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

After his loss with he’s given the name of a few others in their ranks who were also taking their time to participate in this event. It seemed silly, hiding in plain sight having ‘fun’ with citizens and the enemy alike. It all felt wrong. However for now with him still trying to get use to his new arm working in any labs would be problematic for the equipment. [break][break]

So he’ll play the civilian for now, get used to his arm and play in the field. [break][break]

At least until he senses another coming to him, ?” he questions as the other fits the description given to him.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 18:42:25 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/357404103007272960/852620684517441576/Miror_B.s_Retro_Groove_-_Pokemon_Colosseum.mp3[/player]
    “Yo.” Rowan responded when he heard his name from the other man, stepping towards them and offering a hand to shake in greeting. “That’s me.” There was something intensely familiar about the opponent as he looked them over, as though he’d seen them before somewhere, though he couldn’t place the connection. “Nice to meet you.”

Stepping towards his side of the arena, Rowan tossed out one of his Pokeballs, unleashing the Ludicolo stored within. “Going to be using Bolero here.” The Pokémon started shuffling slightly in place, dancing rhythmically to the sound of someone's boombox playing in the distance. “I think he’s ready.” Rowan chuckled.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 16:40:34 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Red eyes are already sizing the other up, always analytic in his approach on things. He thinks back to his talk with the underboss, about how apparently the Hoenn branch is more interested in his way of doing things. So that’ll be the approach he goes for now. Then adapt if its clear that isn’t the way. So Raphael smiles as he shakes with his left hand, ”Like wise, Liam King told me you’d be a good fight,” he comments dropping the underboss’s alias to give clue on just who he was before going toward his side of the arena. [break][break]

He watches as the other calls out his pokemon as he tilts his head at him, disappointed, ”You nickname them?” he questions before calling out his Nidoking and gives a click. Starting off the battle with TOXIC

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Nidoking uses TOXIC

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 17:46:45 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Yeah, I do.” An eyebrow cocked at the question, able to read the clear disappointment that the other was giving off. “Pokémon work harder for you when you respect them and treat them as individuals, in my experience.” Rowan had never bought into that ‘all Pokémon exist for the glory of Rocket’ propaganda, there wasn’t anything to be gained from abusing your partners.

Poison would be unfortunate to deal with, but he wasn’t out of options or tools. “Nature Power.” Ludicolo swayed back and forth as they channeled the energy of nature around them, sand starting to shift and turn underneath Nidoking until exploding upwards in an attempt to strike them with Earth Power.

Ludicolo used Nature Power! Nature Power turned into Earth Power.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 6:41:49 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

”Never said there was anything wrong with that,” there was, but that was a different conversation all together. ”Just always comes across childish when you seem like a fine young man,” he compliments as the battle starts. Seems like toxic seeps in which is helpful, but in the end he knows it won’t be enough. He makes a double click of his tongue as his Nidoking bulldozes his way through the Earth Power despite the pain. [break][break]

Nidoking’s horn glows green before it extends as he aims to ram the horn at the dancing pokemon.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Nidoking is hit by Earth Power
[break]+ Nidoking rushes through the pain to use MEGAHORN

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 22:36:20 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“You do that clicking thing too, huh?” Rowan immediately recognized the tactic as the one employed by . Were both of them acquainted in some way? Whatever the situation may have been, Rowan knew that an attack was coming his way and issued a command accordingly. “Go with the flow, Bolero.”

As the Megahorn struck, the Ludicolo stumbled backwards into a strange and dizzying series of movements. As the Teeter Dance took effect on Nidoking, he would begin to feel an overwhelming sense of confusion.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 9:36:08 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Indeed, my wife taught it to me though, I joined long before the couple of blonds I'm sure you're thinking of," he was well aware of 's battle tactics. The man taught his sons, and his boys were lucky enough that their mother started them up on it. And how the same tactic has been adopted by several of his team like . [break][break]

Nidoking becomes confused due to the teeter dance, though his pokemon know better than to just stop. While it couldn't properly act in accordance to his trainer he still had enough wits about him to try for a POISON JAB

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Nidoking is now confused.
[break]+ Confusion (1/2)
[break]+ Nidoking keeps enough wit to use POISON JAB

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 3:54:05 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Poison Jab struck the Ludicolo and sent them once more careening backwards across the arena, shuffling steps managing to keep them balanced through the damage. “Take some back.” Rowan commanded, watching as Bolero finally settled into slow back-and-forth shimmy a short distance away from the enemy.

Ludicolo opened their beak and inhaled a deep breath, the essence of life in the form of green orbs were attempted to be syphoned from the Nidoking in the form of Giga Drain. “Haven’t learned much of it myself, mostly taught them vague phrases for their moves.”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 5:42:41 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Pryde simply shrugs at the younger man, "Its not for everyone, all that matters in the end is if your pokemon know what to do when you tell them," and ensure that they wanted to please. Then if not, well most his pokemon knew the consequences. Though at least pokemon like his Nidoking never needed the lesson as they always aimed to please. They were rusty due to them having been in dormant for almost 3 years but they were enjoying themselves despite the confusion. [break][break]

From there Nidoking would try with Megahorn, but due to their confusion would trip up and end up hitting the ground with their head, causing damage as the Ludicolo would take it's health. It wouldn't be much longer now.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Confusion (2/2)
[break]+ Nidoking hurt itself from confusion
[break]+ health is drained from Giga Drain.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 23:09:51 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Confusion was the moment of reprieve that Ludicolo needed, forcing the other Pokémon to hurt themselves with an attempted attack. “Press the attack.” Rowan called out towards Bolero, making sure to keep a careful eye on his opponent in case of any surprises.

The Ludicolo moved slowly back and forth, hands swaying with an imaginary beat as energy gathered between their palms. An orb formed from the power, the Energy Ball bursting forward across the arena looking to strike the Nidoking. “Makes sense to me.”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 8:16:12 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

With all the damage from before, in addition to hurting himself. The energy ball is what ends up tipping it over the edge. For a moment as the blast knocks him back, the poison type is able to stay on its two feet. Heavily breathing as if ready for more until it finally passes it. [break][break]

No surprise there. [break][break]

“Well I guess this means you win, definitely going to be a bit before I get rid of this rust”

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Nidoking is hit by ENERGY BALL
[break]+ Nidoking has fainted
[break]+ Rowan wins the match

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 23:37:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan returned Ludicolo to their Pokeball in a streak of crimson light, pleased to have another victory underneath his belt. “Good match.” The man was obviously out of practice, so he didn’t take much pleasure in having defeated them, instead more curious about a certain conversation that had come up during the battle.

“So, how do you know the two blondes?”
Names were better omitted, especially since the other man would know exactly whom he was referring to with the question. “Are you an employee?” Strange way to ask someone if they were a member of a criminal organization, though he knew vagueness was important with so many strangers around.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 1:55:34 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Indeed, currently a recent transfer," as he says this he moves away from the battle field and closer to the other, engage in a bit of small talk and see if he can't get to know the young man a bit. [break][break]

"As for the others, one used to work under me in the labs," his look of amusement shifted from one to one of annoyance, 'Lloyd' making it easy to read his opinion of the two, "While the other was technically of the same rank, and liked to make things difficult" [break][break]

He wouldn't bad mouth too much seeing as currently the other outranked him now. Though if he had any say in it, that wouldn't last for long.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 3:53:43 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Suppose things haven’t changed much, then.” A small smirk spread across his lips as Rowan offered the other man a shrug. “Still likes to make things difficult, at least for me.” An understatement considering the torture he’d been forced into committing upon another member of Rocket at their behest, with their murder shortly following.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about him, though. Our other blonde friend seems to have tamed him for the most part.” Gavin made sure to reign Theo in whenever he stepped out of bounds, which was of some peace of mind to him.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Rowan
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 11:29:33 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

“Sounds about right, though I’ve been informed that things have changed, and…” he pauses for just a slight moment as he takes into consideration the crowd around them. It wasn’t much, but still enough, “There are new policies in place so I don’t see him being as much trouble” [break][break]

“I would hope so with his new rank,” he offers back, though as to how much control actually had was possibly up in the air in his opinion. Though he hasn’t been back long enough to have enough information about that.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+