Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 10:38:24 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

With time still to kill Raphael decides to try for another battle. Once more he’s on the look out for those he knows work in their circle. And while he knows a few names he doesn’t really have faces to go with them. Apparently there was a battle app to go along with the festival and he has his Rotom set to pick up on those with the app with the particular names given to him. [break][break]

=ji-hoon ki detected nearby…[break]
Send a challenge?=
[break]

His Rotom questions from his arm to which he gets a nod, and soon would get a challenge from one ‘Lloyd Kvar,’ the picture would show up on the app with the scared man looking to battle.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 11:08:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

Chu-e had been taking a small break, sitting on a curb and sipping from another Caffeine Free Dr. Pika. It was refreshing! Totally the drink of choice. Zapsi and Charja-Cola would never hope to stand a chance.

He had been scrolling through social media vaguely when the challenge request pops up. A small hum. Looked like it was time for another battle. Man, he had battled more today than it felt like he had in the war. Damn.

Still, he pushed himself up and went to meet this 'Lloyd'.

"Hey there! You send me that challenge?" He asked, hand raised to wave as he approached.

Chu-e was struck that the guy was kind of familiar... but he couldn't put a finger on why....

- Chu-e's Outfit
-
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 16:52:04 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

‘Llyod’ gives a smile, one that is polite as he follows the pecking order of things. And this was the man who was now an underboss as well. He tilts his head at the shorter rocket, having expected something different based off what he knew of the Rocket Beast in Kanto. ”Yes, Liam King recommend a battle with you,” he drops Gavin’s current alias to make it easily known for the other just who he was a part of. [break][break]

“My Wife spoke highly of your skill, I hope I don’t end up being a bore for you as I’m very much out of practice,” he drops a tad more recognition, but that is about all he had. Hearsay, for now he’ll take out two pokeballs, ”Is a double battle fine with you?”

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 17:03:16 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
His answer is to suck the last few bits of soda from the straw he had been using, making that weird rattling air noise in the bottom of his drink.

"Oh. Cool." He did give a more critical eye to , but worst comes to worst he could just track him down on the sub later and demand answers. Chu-e was a big boss now and could swing his dick around, as a treat.

"Double battle is fine with me! I'm using this to train up my less used pokemon; so you might not get your shit rocked as hard as you think."

Fanny pack opened, Chu-e dug around inside before he found two pokeballs and tossed them out - Man, he was kind of running out of fresh pokemon. Would need to visit a Joy, soon.

A Whimsicott and a Comfey burst from the balls, taking position.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 20:08:10 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Then I suppose I should be grateful," is all he comments before he calls out his pokemon. "I hope you don't mind us the first move," with that he snaps his hands, both pokemon knowing from training where they need to start off. [break][break]

Raising it's arms, along with a twirl Jellicent uses RAIN DANCE, then hopefully with the distraction of the rain Froslass would be able to send a WILL-O-WISP as Whimsicott.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 6:58:49 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Will-O-Wisp would travel towards the Whimsicott, only to fizzle and fade before it ever reached him. A faint but shimmering green light emanated from both the Whimsicott and the Comfey. The Comfey's Flower Veil ability protecting from the status.

As rain began to fall, Mana puffed up his fluffy body so some of his seeds could come loose. Green energy infused the field, the Whimsicott setting up a Grassy Terrain that sprouted underfoot.

Crown did her own setup, a series of Leech Seeds shot at the Jellicent.

"So," Chu-e chewed on the straw idly. "Kanto, or....?"

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 0:11:22 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

So it had Flower Veil, how annoying. Though there was always the chance, so not much that could be done about it for now. The Grassy Terrain was definitely concerning for his Jellicent, but he figures in the end they’ll be fine. This is practice after years of idling. [break][break]

With a double whistle at a certain pitch both ghost pokemon move in unison, Jellicent sending off a black beam with NIGHT SHADE, together with Froslass’s SHADOW BALL, both aiming at the Whimsicott . [break][break]

He simply nods on the question, ”Indeed, though admittedly most of my time was spent behind a computer offering supplies.” obviously he couldn’t give details here.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 1:48:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Lab Boy then."

Or something. It wasn't really a place Chu-e had ever hung around that much until recently. He wondered if this guy was going back in there. Sciency types could be a real mixed bag. He hoped that this guy wasn't a weirdo.

Whimsicott tanked both of the attacks, not even trying to miss. He wilted- until a Floral Healing from the Comfey perked him back up. If that Leech Seed from last post hit, that would also revitalize him to almost tip top.

Despite the terrain, a Hurricane was ripped from the Whimsicott. Trying to strike both pokemon at once.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 9:00:39 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Raphael chuckles at the wording, giving a small shrug, "Essentially, though I like to think I had a bit more power than your average 'Lab boy,'" he comments as the battle goes on. Health is drained from Jellicent due to the leech seed, though it refuses to go down easy. With the HURRICAN coming he would used DESTINY BOND as the winds came. [break][break]

While Froslass would use PROTECT to avoid getting it, the jellyfish pokemon was not as lucky as it was sucked in and trashed around before fainting. Hopefully it would take the Whimsicott with it at least.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 5:04:10 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I was never in there very much. Unless I was bullying someone." Really, Chu-e not recognizing right away was more a sign the man had done his job well than anything. If you were from the Labs, Chu-e only went in there if he needed to punish someone. Kanto had been a much different time for him.

When his Whimsicott went down thanks to the Destiny Bond, Chu-e clicked his tongue but recalled the grass type. Well, there went his 'eternal healing' strategy... well, whatever. Even if his Comfey wasn't as strong as his Whimsicott, it wasn't like she couldn't take care of herself.

Another Leech Seed was shot at the Froslass; every little bit would help.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 11:27:55 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

“Yes, I’ve heard rumors of such instances, I think you’ve done something to one of my men once while I was gone in a meeting,” though it has been a long time, and with much more always going around. He didn’t think too much of a young beast and his hissy fits. [break][break]

While the LEECH SEED hits Froslass, sucking some of her health away. She would bring her hands together to send off ICE SHARDS at her opponent.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 7:32:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Eh, probably more than once. I was kind of a shit." That much Chu-e would admit, at least. Whenever some piece of equipment fucked up, he would find down whoever in the lab made it and fuck up their day. Or maybe their life, depending on how bad the fuck up was and what type of mood he was in.

He had been a terror.

The Comfey cried out when the shards of ice hit her, but thankfully Comfey wasn't actually a grass type. That's fucked up, right? Like, I looked at Bulbapedia and was fucking shocked. Pure Fairy type. Who would have guessed. Anyway, since her seeds were in place, the Comfey tried to slip closer and place a Draining Kiss on the Froslass.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 3:16:32 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Well that was when, and this is now, far be it for me to judge you for what you did then hmm?" a small way of easily excusing his own actions. Not that he regretted many, though he doesn't know the previous Beast that well. Though he figures eventually he'll be able to learn. [break][break]

Froslass does what she can to avoid getting close to the fariy type, but in the end falls for the kiss. Once more her heath being drained by not just that but the seed that was still on her. Sapping her strength, though with her last bit of strength she would try SHADOW BALL while they were close.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 0:29:32 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I'm still kind of a shit, just in a different way." Curiouser and curiouser. Chu-e would defiantly be messaging about this guy after this match. Just needed a picture. Not like could refuse him one if asked.

The Shadow Ball slammed into Comfey, making her cry out and get pushed back.

Not to be denied, she did a twirl and summoned a shower of petals, which was shot at the Frosslass in a Petal Dance.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Chu-e
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:16:43 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Pryde just shrugs at the other's remark, clearly not judging. He feels he's dealt with the worse Rocket had to offer, and with the person in front of him, and as the new heads he needed to follow. Pryde is sure he'll be able to adapt just fine. Though he supposes he'll still need to see the admins. One in particular he feels will be a problem. [break][break]

But only time will tell. [break][break]

While Froslass wasn't weak against the Petal Dance, she was still quite rusty for having been in stasis for so long. Battles were almost like starting anew and it ends up both knocking her back and out of the ring. "Not bad," Pryde comments as he returns her back to her back to a pokeball. "I suppose we'll see each other another time then?"

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+