shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 22:57:56 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

She laughs, a breathless, awkward exhale that only helps to widen her smile. Gwen removes her gardening gloves, freeing her one hand to tuck hair behind her ear. With an incline of her head, she urges him to follow up with his statement.[break][break]

"Then... shall we?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #D5A63D; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 19:35:19 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
DEEP INSIDE PETALBURG WOODS...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
in one hold he holds a bag of tools, and in the other, gwen. there's a smile of contentment on his face that matches the cool morning sun. a few of his pokemon are already out of their orbs, though they're mostly helping him at this point carry the wood, and any other necessary supplies.
[break][break]
he's happy to see the shrine is unmolested since they were here yesterday evening.
[break][break]
"still a lot of work ahead of us."
[break]

[newclass=.king]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7QK8Npy/sung.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 19:45:17 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
It is still odd, she thinks, how perfectly natural and unnatural it felt for her fingers to be linked through his. He makes it seem like it is the most comfortable thing on earth, searching for her hand in any and all scenario.

How many days had it been since she'd first met him?

Why did her chest flutter just thinking about it?

It leaves her breathless by the time they come to a stop. The walk hadn't been tiring, not in the slightest, but her racing thoughts and her budding affection for the man at the end of her arm really stole the air right out of her chest.

"I don't mind."

Gwen smiles knowingly, squeezing his hand. That, too, felt natural and unnatural. He was now a part of her in a sense, another beating heart that she could feel just as strongly as her own. How funny.

She holds out her other hand, now, waiting for instruction or a tool to be placed inside it.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 20:12:49 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he idly rubs his thumb along hers, staring at the shrine. there were a number of things they needed to do. it was just a matter of sorting it out to a viable plan.
[break][break]
he places the tool bag down, retrieving a tape measure from it.
[break][break]
"here, you measure the planks of the shrine, and we'll lay out the wood to be cut."
[break][break]
he doesn't hesitate now, leaning forward to kiss the woman on her forehead.
[break][break]
"let me know if you need help."[break]

[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7QK8Npy/sung.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 21:09:02 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
My dear.

Two syllables, but they were enough to catch her off guard again and again. She catches herself thinking about those words again, even if they'd been spoken weeks ago.

Love and companionship was something she's only ever seen, but not felt, she knew. And what interpretations of it she's seen had not been entirely the right idea, or the ideal at all.

Her parents had loved one another, she'd been told. But her mother had passed not long after she'd been born, and her father had never remarried.

"Okay. It should be easy enough."

And she sets to work immediately, plucking the tape measure and kneeling down beside the shrine.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 22:43:37 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
a number of his much larger pokemon - rhyperior, blastoise, and dragonite just to name a few - began to place their loads of wood atop the grass. the bundles had not been cheap, but the cause was justifiable enough to warrant spending it.
[break][break]
"what're we looking at?"
[break][break]
he calls out to gwen, turning to release another pokemon — zoroark.
[break][break]
"let's get ready to cut, scarlet."

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 13:24:41 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
Arceus-damn the price of wood.

"Hmmm.. we might have overshot the amount we needed - but now we have room for error. Not a lot, but enough!"

She re-measures the same spot, jotting down the numbers on a notepad. By the end she seems to have drawn up a sketch with labels and lengths. After a quick relay of information, she gestures back to the pile.

"With Pokemon, this shouldn't take us too long."

And, with each new piece they cut, sand down, and shape, they'll be able to replace each rotting board underneath. Realistically, the idea was to replace the entire base one or two pieces at a time. All fresh wood, weather-treated and sealed. This time, it should last a lot longer.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 19:43:24 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
greyson comes to join gwen, peeking down at the notepad as he wipes his hands against his pants. his eyebrows perked upwards, lips skewing slightly in surprise.
[break][break]
"wow gwen, this is really impressive stuff. where'd you learn to do all this?"
[break][break]
he slipped a pair of gloves on from his rear-pocket, feeling the coarse, thick material beneath his hands. it'd help keep the splinters out. those would be terrible to deal with. tucked into his armpit was a spray can, that he, with gwen's help, immediately used to mark the wood currently in use with the dimensions needed.
[break][break]
better safe, than sorry.
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 19:58:31 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
"I've done a lot of a little bit of everything, I guess? I sort of have a knack for picking up random skills and stuff. Comes in handy once in a while."

In her time spent travelling the world, she'd enjoyed picking up odd jobs and learning new skills. It was both fulfilling and exciting, and something that she realized she thoroughly enjoyed.

"Okay.. with all of those marked down, I think we're safe to start cutting."

She wipes hair out of her face with the back of her hand, smiling. Now came the actual hard work.

"Do you think any of your Pokemon might be able to give me a hand pulling the rotting wood off?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 20:36:49 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"well, it's really impressive -- seriously. i'd probably be stuck on youtube all day trying to figure out what to do here."
[break][break]
he smiled genuinely as he finished tagged the rotten boards. his brow forms contemplatively as he considers he request.
[break][break]
"i think so, yeah."
[break][break]
he rummages through his bag to retrieve two pokeballs. in no time at all they're joined by a rillaboom, and an infernape.
[break][break]
"penn. kel. do as gwen says, yeah? she'll need your help."
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 13:49:04 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
"That's funny, because I was on YouTube a lot of the night, making sure I knew how to do this."

She glances up at the Rillaboom and Infernape, a relaxed smile presented on her face. The woman seems thoughtful a moment, and eventually glances over her shoulder to catch the wide-eyed wonder of her Chimchar, Elroy. The little Pokemon gazes up at the fully-grown Infernape in awe, mouth agape.

"Elroy? Come and help us, you can work alongside the Infernape."

With a knowing smile, she watches as the Chimchar knuckles his way over, suddenly bashful and shy. When mostly out of earshot so as to not embarrass him, Gwen whispers:

"One day, you'll be as big and strong as he is, Elroy."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 20:21:24 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
greyson laughs, turning a teasing eye onto the woman.
[break][break]

"is that the noises i heard last night, then? the walls are thin, you know."

[break][break]

the two larger apes regard the smaller, more bashful one with amusement. the two share a knowing look as they advance up the stairs; they had felt the same way, once. since their loss at 's gym, the duo had grown much. they quickly set to work, under gwen's instructions, once she gave them.
[break][break]
at the base, and a few feet off, greyson worked to measure and mark the wood in accordance with gwen's measurement. zoruark's sharp nails made simple, clean cuts. much more efficient than a saw.
[break][break]
once those were done, he set them to the side. seven and autumn, using their psychic abilities, then set to work on sanding them down in preparation for the finish.
[break][break]
it was as seamless as he could make it.

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 3:38:25 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
Gwen's expression turns to mortification.

He had heard her? She'd set the volume to almost zero, as she hadn't remembered earbuds and was too shy to ask if he had any.

"Uhh.. ah, yes, I suppose it might have been. I'm so sorry, Greyson."

Fortunately, hard work and instruction lead her away from her embarrassment. She guides Greyson's Pokemon easily, offering them distinct instructions that would be easy to follow.

With all of them at work, the job is completed easily and efficiently. Which leaves them with an entire afternoon of free time.

"Are you free right now?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 4:21:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
another breathless laugh echoes out of greyson, one that produces tears in his eyes.
[break][break]
"i'm messing with you gwen. i didn't hear anything. at all."[break][break]
he smiles warmly, and the two get back to work. by the time it's all over he's covered in sweat, with traces of dirt and soil on exposed skin. but, satisfaction warms his chest. he pulls his gaze onto gwen, moving to place hands on her shoulder and placing a kiss on her head.
[break][break]
"of course. what's up?"[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
sword & shield [m]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 23:07:06 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
His laughter, coupled with the tears in his eyes and the joyous tone in his voice, washes relief over her back. She can't help but laugh in return, a nervous little chuckle followed by an upward tilt of her lips. Gwen shakes her head, stifling her amusement by focusing on working.

By the end of it all, the shrine is rebuilt to the best of their ability. It looks good, it smells good, thanks to the brand new wooden planks, and there is a glow on both of them that implies they neither had slacked off. The same could not be said for the rest of the Pokemon nearby.. but that was a non-issue.

"I was.."

His kiss interrupts her train of thought, as it had begun to do several times over lately. As calm, cool and collected as she often was, with him, all of that melted away. This situation, their relationship, took a different kind of courage and confidence that she hadn't ever needed or thought about before.

"Hoping.. you might be interested in some ice cream."

Greyson's hands are warm on her shoulders, and it brings a smile to her face, as warm as the lips pressed to her head had been.