he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 2:03:26 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

It’s been awhile since the Excursion in the Cave of Origins, and since Zenji was hurt because he tried to protect him. Razz often can’t help but wonder had he used his avatar powers could they have captured all three Rockets? Had he used his powers would the professor not have been hurt? Sure Lars was there and he had abilities yet they still got away. Its an excuse he tried to tell himself, but would his have been more effective? He’s tried calling the office a few times since to check up on the other, but the Professor’s assistant kept informing him that he was busy. At least until today[break][break]

Apparently now was an okay time to see the professor so of course he flew there with his Corviknight, quick to arrive early before his dispatcher had him do other things. Well not like the guy has been giving him much work lately and just kept hinting he should do more battles at the HOT Festival. The assistant seems nice enough to welcome him, telling both him and Salem that they would need to wait a bit. Salem however didn’t feel like waiting as the dyed black cat pounces up on the table and is giving angry meows. [break][break]

Apparently he didn’t like being told a time just to be told to wait, ”Be nice ya brat,” he chuckles as he pics the cat up who was still pouting. He’s waited this long what was a few more minutes.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 21:12:51 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]several footsteps echoed throughout the lobby of evol. though none of them were belonging to the head of the institute. it wasn't until the mechanical doors slid open that he would appear. with paperwork in hand and briefcase in the other. zenji's head had been buried, at the moment, with his work.

a small glance was made off to the side upon noticing a familiar pokemon and trainer. "," the professor called with a neutral tone. "is something the matter?" the professor would ask upon walking over to the youth to stand before he and salem. "is salem in need of another physical?" he'd set down his briefcase to pull out a small penlight. ready to check the small pokemon for any injuries.

"sorry for keeping you both waiting. i had something to attend to and got lost in my work at lunch."

was it normal to do work while on break? probably not, but zenji had little time for those nowadays.

note:

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 375px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 9:40:44 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

At his name he perks up, he can’t help but stand up as the other walks in. Being in a place like this reminds him of his old job with his father. And he remembers his manners from there. “Umm morning Professor,” why is he so nervous? ”No, thankfully Salem is doing fine, and it’s fine… my father and his co-workers often worked through lunch too,” he shrugs, was it weird the other reminded him a bit of his father? [break][break]

He shakes his head to try and get that painful thought out of his mind, “No umm… the problem is sort of me? Uhhhh do you know how when I first came here about a memory issue?” [break][break]

Could we possibly go back on that?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 18:16:08 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]the professor's steeled expression remained neutral. a small tilt of the emanated a ray of curiosity. his mind silently pondering as to what could have possibly driven the ranger to wanna return to such a day. it took a lot to surprise the professor. though this wasn't much of a surprise, he just didn't expect to return so soon on the subject matter.

"let's go to my office."

and so zenji lead the way.

once there he would open the door for razz and salem to enter. the professor would follow in right after. once inside he would head over to his desk in order to take a seat. "what brought this thought on, kingsman?" zenji inquired. porygon could be seen nestled and asleep atop of the professor's desk. wherea, for lucario, the pokemon was assorting things for the head scientist while he spoke with .

"you were hesitant last time. did something happen recently?"

note:

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 375px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 8:05:32 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

the young man simply nods at the professor as he follows along, Salem jumping onto Razz's back. Salem moves to sitting on the back of the seat while Razz took it. Waiting for the other he sits while he ask about why he has changes his mind. And honestly if he could he would keep it to himself. However with his new blessing that couldn't be a thing. [break][break]

"Not really, no?" he answers in more of a questioning tone rather than answering truthfully. Which was enough for there to be a sting in his mouth, because clearly the dragon hated him. "Maybe... its hard to explain..." he drifts a bit clearly having troubles as with each answer he shifts in his seat, clearly struggling with how to go about this. He thinks about what said his in his message about the whole avatar infection. And how being Head Scientist meant the other couldn't keep his thing a secret. [break][break]

And sadly he believed it so it made him nervous. [break][break]

"I... the nightmares the memory block has been causing me has been interfering with my work," he finally finds a way to explain, "The memory is highly triggering and has prevented me from doing more, in missions or even in the Cave of Origins," he can't help but give the other a guilty look. "Had I been on my A-game you wouldn't have had to get hurt for me and I just..." he takes a deep breath and lets it go. A more determined look looked being given, "I need that block gone" [break][break]

He can't use Reshiram's blessing at it's fullest with it there.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 20:15:01 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
in his search for help. zenji examined 's physical movement and expression. he listened closely to everything he said. all while casually returning to the screen of his computer. his facial expression remained neutral.

"your determination to have this blockage gone is commendable." zenji would comment, "you've changed." he said with a soft smile. a fatherly response given. "it's like your maturing every time i see you." he'd let out a soft chuckle, "but you're still a brat." even with all this being said. zenji didn't feel as if razz was being truthful with him. call it a hunch, but zenji felt there was more the ranger wanted to tell him.

"anyway, i'll ask again, are you sure about this? there's no way of telling how this will effect your psyche after all. so think carefully on the mere fact that there will be possible side effects after the operation."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 1:30:06 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The younger man couldn't help but flush a bit in embarrassment. There is a tug there at the compliment that he still very much isn't used to despite how more often it happened now than his earlier years. Though he does pout some as he's still seems to be considered a brat. "How am I still a brat?" could the other tell he was hiding something? No he'll avoid that thought for now. [break][break]

He does listen intensely though, and there is no hesitation with his nod. "I'm already suffering because the block is there," a memory while he doesn't feel he'll ever be over fully, continued to haunt him. He needed it gone, especially if he was going to use the blessing to it's fullest. "At this point I'm willing to take the risk because I highly doubt it could get worse but...."[break][break]

There is one thing he's more hesitant about more than the, "You see the memory too right? It's really important you don't say anything about it..... please." he knows it stressed him out last time, and it would still stress him out now.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 1:37:41 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar

zenji stood from his chair and headed toward the door. placing his strong hand upon the knob, he would open it. just as he was about to walk out and close it, he would turn toward .

"dead men tell no tales." and he was gone.[break]

momentarily he left alone for awhile. time elapsed for no more than twenty to thirty minutes. eventually, he would return with an associate at his side. , one of hoenn's top engineerers. an individual zenji was lucky enough to have apart of his team. "hendrix, . a promising ranger of the league."

once introductory was out of the way. a gesture was made for to follow them. together the trio and their pokemon maneuvered into the lower depth of evol's institute. there were a variety of rooms filled with high-tech equipment. but there was one room where it was all white, bright, and had only two operating tables within it. beside them were personal individuals employed by zenji to work at evol. inside the room it could almost be seen as if they were getting ready to set up for some soon-to-happen operation.

"that's where we'll be holding the operation. they're merely here to ensure that our vital signs are stable and that everything is going well. will be overseeing the technical side of it all. so no need to worry with confidentiality." zenji calmly spoke, adding, "like i said. dead men tell no tales." a keyphrase indicating that his chance of survival was quite low if they were to proceed.

looking back inside the room through the one-way mirror, he'd ask once more, "is this something you're ready to do? there's no turning back once we get started." if accepted his fate and trusted his gut, he would be taken away to get changed into something more comfortable: a white t-shirt and a pair of white bottom scrubs.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 19:23:54 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Dead man tell no tales...[break][break]

Razz isn't entirely sure what he means by this. Nor does he get the chance to ask before the professor left. All he could do was take deep breaths and remind himself WHY he needed this until Zenji returned with another. [break][break]

Nervous enough as it is, he just gives the red head a nod in greetings. Before leaving to follow the two to where everything was going to be held. Unconsciously he grips on his arm tightly, nervous with more scientist around. He has to remind himself that this wasn't his father's labs. He would be fine here. Though Zenji might not when he repeats what he said before. And the young man remembers before on how this could possibly be dangerous for them. [break][break]

"Just make sure you make it through alright? Don't need my saving you in the Cave of Origins to be a waste," he attempts to joke, but his worried tone betrays it. At the question he seems unsure, a sense of panic creeping up his spine before he feel's Salem patting him. An 'it will be fine' gesture to calm him. [break][break]

"Yes" [break][break]

Razz finally answers after a moment before doing whatever he was asked, even putting on the weird white scrubs, but he wasn't going to argue about it. For now he'll just do as he's told, hopefully make things easier both for himself and the Professor.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 6:00:53 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
the medical team would begin to set the station. as both were placed in proper dressing. they would then come to be brought into a white room.

there were two single beds for each test subject. beside them were an assortment of technological equipment that could be classified as tools used for science and medicine. this equipment would be used to monitor them once they were to traverse into the world of dreams. once and zenji were to place themselves into their respective beds, the hired team would then begin to attach said equipment to them.

with serving as the engineer that would monitor the equipment. zenji's assistant, jane harden, would proceed to lead the operation. with the arrangements finished. it was time to start the operation.

"once you're under it's all left to you, professor." jane said.

she'd look over to the young ranger. hovering over him, she'd smile. "make sure you bring our professor back in one piece, kid. have sweet dream." jane would proceed to inject 's iv with a sedative. in any second he would begin to feel a bit funny, almost drowsy even. once was asleep, it was zenji's turn.

"here we go."

secretly, he was excited to finally try this operation. the ability to jump into another's subconscious mind was unfathomable. it was an operation he read from a former researcher that had an insatiable hunger for knowledge. zenji stumbled upon his old journals; many were filled with interesting notes. 's proposal was one of a kind. of course, he wants to help the boy. but at the same time, as much as zenji would hate to admit it, he was using the ranger as a test subject for his own curious mind.

"bring in the pokemon, jane."

a hypno would come into the room. zenji, slowly, began to fall into a deep slumber. the pokemon would then start the operation with NIGHTMARE and DREAM EATER. using these abilities would come to bind the two patients dreams.

zenji would awaken into a pitch-black room. before him there stood a door. he was unsure as to where this door would lead, but he had a feeling that it led to . to what sort of memory would he find by going through this door? zenji was unsure. he was, after all, a guest attempting to look into a hidden memory. "here goes nothing..."

and thus zenji would open the door as a flash of golden light casted over him. where did it lead? only one could tell: .
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
A Not so Simple Checkup
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 12:04:22 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The young make takes a deep breath. Doing what he could to calm down as he worried for what the professor would see. He tries to tell himself over and over that this was a necessity. Though allowing someone in, allowing such vulnerability? Razz looks away when asked to bring their professor back in one piece. Something he wasn't sure could be done seeing as how the memory that haunted him still left him a mess. "I'll... try..." is all he can give as his eye begins to feel heavy. [break][break]

It isn't long until he's asleep and the pokemon help them enter the start of what felt to be a never ending nightmare. [break][break]

[break][break]

It's dark for some time, at first possibly seemingly like nothing had occurred. Just fast asleep, but there is a nervous breath, a hitch . You can feel your hands shaking as you're nervous for what's to come. You tell yourself that you’ve rehearsed this, that things would go fine because everything else was a shit show anyways how could it get worse? With one more assurance to yourself you finally open your eyes and enter. [break][break]

Around is a lab seemingly not too different from anything Zenji has been in. Wiring machines, computers left on continuing to try and calculate something, everything is cold. Most seems normal until you look at the tubes near the walls, which seem to contain disfigured pokemon. Probably the biggest clue that this was no ordinary lab in Hoenn. [break][break]

[break]

There is only one other person in the labs right now and he is paying no attention to you. “Ummm… sir?” a young voice asks, what seems to be your voice. Or at least the voice of the one whose memory you're invading. You go ignored as you walk closer to the man sitting in his chair staring at the large screen seeming to play back an experiment that had gone wrong. There is a pokemon screaming in pain as something is being done to it. Something being injected but you choose to ignore the video having been there for the experiment earlier. “Sir…? Dad?”[break][break]

“You’ve been dismissed for the day Raziel, go home”[break][break]

On instinct that has been both figuratively and literally beaten into you. You want to obey as your body stops in its tracks and wants to just turn back. To listen, but that's no longer on the table. “I… I have something… something that I want to talk to you about sir,” there is a clear struggle to get your words out. As if even asking to speak to the man went against everything you’ve been taught.[break][break]

“It can wait for-”[break][break]

“No it can’t!” you yell frustrated at the continued dismissal, though as quickly as that frustration was there it left. Pure dread is all that's left in your chest as finally your father looks to you with his cold judging eyes. But you’ve come this far, and for once you don't wait for your father’s permission to speak. “I don’t want to do this anymore, I’m tired of capturing pokemon for your experiments, I’m tired of hurting people, and…and…” as if you’re a broken record you can’t seem to go past that until the other speaks. [break][break]

“And what Raziel?”[break][break]

You swallow in fear at the cold, venomous tone, afraid but you had expected this. You practiced this and you needed to get it all out no matter how much it hurt. “And I’m… tired of Rocket,” You aren’t looking at him you say this. You try to get out how you don’t have anything against the family, and how you didn’t want to betray Rocket but you don’t get the chance to get far as the man’s fist connects with your jaw. Not even realizing he had gotten up as you’re on the floor with your head spinning.[break][break]

Raphael is saying something but you're stuck on the floor as the man is kicking you while you're down. Litterally, all while calling you ungrateful, a fool, and more because how dare you think that you could just say you’re tired and not expect something like this? The worst part about it all is that you take it. Just using your arm to protect your head the best you can as you shrink because you’ve never done anything else before. It's always been forbidden and you took it because it's all that you knew how to do, so you were just going to take this beating like all the others and forget the whole thing. [break][break]

As he picks you off the floor ready to continue until suddenly a pokeball opens and your father is sent flying across the lab from a psychic blast. Falling to your knees as you’re suddenly let go, confused as to what happened. Just to see that Meowstic had released himself of his own accord to come to your aide. “Wha… what are you…” you huff as there is no understanding of why your meowstic would do this. Nothing but shock at seeing your father across the lab picking himself up and brushing off what the Meowstic had done. Because going against either of his parents?[break][break]

It simply wasn’t done. Until now it seems.[break][break]

Your father chuckles, almost amused how you want a fight and in your head you're conflicted. Because you know this is probably the only way you’ll finally be free, but you didn’t want this. The only reason you have to bring out pokemon now to defend yourself is because your Meowstic defended you. Attack after attack your father’s pokemon aim at you, forcing your pokemon to try and take up a defense. Unable to do much else as you’re not giving proper orders because you’re being hesitant despite your father clearly aiming his pokemon for the kill. [break][break]

The first casualty comes when his Froslass comes at you attempting to freeze you, yet your ivysaur gets in the way. Freezing into a block of ice, and with another attack the block is sliced in half with the grass pokemon inside. The same pokemon gave you as you and for a second his words flash in your head. ‘Your father doesn’t love you.’[break][break]

Your Salazzle is able to force the ghost away but you’re trapped in the mess that the war between both yours and your father’s pokemon have created. And you're growing more and more scared as all this continues. Your father is close now thanks to the opening and there are tears in your eyes from having just lost one of your mentor’s gifts. From the way things have escalated so much, and your confusion as to why your father would go this far. You step back and end up tripping up, falling on your arse as you see the Pyroar come to his side. [break][break]

“It's said that we only gain wisdom through suffering, and tonight I intend to make you very wise."[break][break]

And with that an OVERHEAT is sent your way, and you’re trapped and able to do nothing but watch as your father, the man who has been protecting you for so long, is now seemingly trying to kill you.

[break][break]