TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
farewell, mr. dom pey [ m / o ]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 12:22:47 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

roughly

a month ago...

"Yes sir, of course. Thanks again for the opportunity--"

Sam was on the phone with Mr. Dom Pey, the previous caretaker of Mt. Pyre. Now it fell to Sam, who was already beginning his work within the reception area and squaring away a few funerals they had scheduled while on the phone.

"Of course. Yes sir. Enjoy the summer... I'm happy you're looking forward to the season."

Never having been one to enjoy the summer heat, Sam couldn't rightly express any form of happiness toward the idea of being hot and exhausted for three months out of the year. With stifling humidity and random storms that caused pressure aches across his sinuses.

Shortly after the phone call he had hung up and made several more. Once finished with the reception work, he put up a sign that read,

so sorry!

the caretaker is currently on the grounds. if needed call...

...and then his information was listed.

With that note set up, he was releasing his larvitar to help him with the grounds. She was very good with terraforming and renovations, along with repairs. It helped she had a super effective move against most pokémon that were known to be pests in the area...

notes

open

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 3:26:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Alice had taken a small job on the side. this was quite common for the young lady, for she was trying to find her niche outside of training. her Pokemon were not so experienced as others, and she spent a lot of time fooling around in Alola but she loved them all the same. heading to Mt Pyre proved a bit expensive, but she docked the boat rental and headed inside.

she stared at the notice on the door. he was out? she was supposed to report in to help with the grounds. it was a one-day job but she would do her best. the cemetery was important to the people of Hoenn. she wanted them to have a safe and peaceful place to mourn. pulling out her cell, she began to dial the caretaker's number. "hello?" she spoke into the phone if a click was heard picking up.

"it's Miss Alice Boudreaux - I signed up to help you with the grounds today, sir?" in case he needed to be reminded.

1/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 4:29:40 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The moment the phone rang Sam had picked it up. Before he could even say his usual, ‘Sam Carter speaking’ default answer for an unrecognized number, the madam on the other end introduced herself and stated why she was there.

“Yes, welcome. I’ll be around front in just a moment, I’m afraid I got caught up in quite a bit of paperwork.”

His honestly was given as he closed a few things and gave a small wave for his gastly, who had been licking stamps for him.

The gastly phased through the wall as he opened the door just behind the main desk. He made eye contact with her and hung up his phone.

“That is for taking up the job. Namely at such a modest price. It’s been quite a hassle trying to wrangle some of the wild Pokémon in the area while keeping the main desk occupied.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 19:46:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"it was no trouble, sir."

Alice beams at him, just happy enough to help out. now that they were facing each other like boss and employee, she tilted her head downward in a show of respect. he may just be her boss for today but it didn't stop her from being polite.

someone had to tend to the grounds, keep the wild Pokemon at bay... and man the desk. Alice wanted to ask if he was short staffed, but that seemed rude. maybe he should take volunteers if he was concerned about price.

"what sort of Pokemon are we dealing with?" she asked instead, trying to figure out if she needed Popplio or Vulpix this day.

2/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:27:35 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gastly"]

Seeing her manners was a relief. She wasn't a rude youth who was trying to win easy money. No, she would hold the respect he'd hoped for when he saw her resume.

"There's a vast majority on the mountain."

Sam's confession came quickly, and with a frown.

"As unpredictable as the mountain can be, I'll be handling some of the ruckus nearby. I was actually bringing you in today to help with the inside. A great deal of cleaning needs done within the main lobby."

From there, Sam would go on to explain what he'd hired her for. Sweeping, dusting, getting things organized. If allowed he would show her what would need taken out to the trash bin and what would need organized or set aside for him to rearrange or give a new home.

"I hope it's not too daunting a task."
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:37:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
of course, he wouldn't want a rookie trainer to wander the mountain and break things. Alice understood. the monuments were very expensive and her control of her Pokémon lacked discipline. at least right now. she continues to smile at despite being told she wouldn't do battle today.

"I can do that" the young woman says, not taking offense "presentation is an important part of business" no doubt the customers who paid to lay their precious partners to rest here wanted Mt. Pyre to be clean and well-kept. "I'll call you if I have questions!" she adds, though he had done a good job explaining.

Alice begins to take a broom from the cleaning closet, sweeping the lobby free of dust first. luckily the supplies were all kept up to date; no empty bottles or needing to replace items. when she began to help her Ranger friend with his job, she had started out cleaning the stations and cabins.

"good luck with the ruckus" she adds to him brightly.

3/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 22:02:56 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gastly"]

"Much appreciated. Good luck with the mess."

It was a bit of time later before Sam was back into the main lobby. He'd surveyed the ground, helped the pokémon that were making a racket, and gotten enough signal to try and send a voicemail to 's office. His attempt to get the company's attention to discuss getting more power and technology running through the mountain. The digital age wasn't Mr. Dom Pey's strong suit, but it was one of Sam's.

"It looks stunning."

When he'd first walked in he was speechless. The young woman had done a stunning job and Sam was finding himself smiling with delight.

"I really like where you have moved a few of the items. And the desk looks immaculate-- is that alphabetical order? Amazing."

While most would be shouting and jumping for joy, the words come out of Sam's mouth almost as if they're text on a video game screen. Lacking most enthusiasm but holding instead a great wonder.

So he has some ridiculous standards most can't reach. Alice had reached them well.

"I'm impressed." He says finally, then makes eye contact. "Thank you."
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 23:38:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
to be frank, it wasn't the worst mess she had seen.

after the Lilycove war, her mentor's cabin had been a disaster zone. she had taken out so much of his life insurance to repair it, having been the only benefactor in his will. the poor man hadn't a family. Alice had been like a daughter to him.

with his cabin repaired exactly how he left it, Alice had taken to doing jobs to make ends meet. there was enough life insurance money left for a few more months. then it went belly-up. "I'm glad I could help" she says to Sam.

the young woman brightens at his praise, blushing. "I tried to brighten the place a bit" she explains bashfully "de-cluttering and moving things where they could really shine." she fidgeted with the broom as she put it back.

gesturing to a corner, she would add; "here's some items I didn't know what to do with." just a few simple things she placed near the back that Sam could assess for himself. they seemed to be left over from a previous ownership.

so she didn't throw them out at all.

4/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 0:23:37 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

Beyond grateful, Sam made his way over and dug into his pocket for his wallet. What he was paying her for the job, it was coming straight out of his own personal funds. He didn't much want to touch the funds for Mt. Pyre just yet. There was enough for repairs but not much else in the realm of savings. Not that he couldn't reach out to anybody of power and request aid, namely from the League or Rangers, but he didn't like relying on factions to help him. Not when it was usually a 'we'll help if you pledge your loyalty' type deal.

Which was why he was so excited to meet with , who had seemed to be investing into a fundraiser/charity event on a personal level.

"For your services." His voice was calm, still appreciative, and he gave her a warm smile. "Thanks again for your help. Don't hesitate to drop by, and I'll give you a call if I need anything else done around the place."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 0:32:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Alice was beyond happy she had done a good job by Sam's standards. she smiles at him, accepting the cash quietly. though she did make note it came from his own personal funds. the young woman would make sure she spent it responsibility. "no - thank you" she directs at the man "not many people are willing to hire others with little experience."

with her only reference deceased, Alice knew many didn't take a chance on her. if she was affiliated with the League, she would easily find jobs. but more dangerous ones out of her experience. starting from the bottom was good enough for her. until she had the funds to commit to a strong Pokémon team - odd jobs like this made her resume grow.

she'd lift a pale hand to wave goodbye, pocketing the money with her other hand. "thank you" Alice adds to the promise of more work. she didn't mind working in a cemetery. it didn't bother her.

/exit
5/5
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 3:03:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: