November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 0:54:43 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.
JOIN ME IN THE HARD EMBRACE OF ARCEUS' TEN THOUSAND HANDS.”

Bill didn't need a costume, makeup, or a script. All he needed was an audience. He'd spent the last decade sharpening his smile and angling his words, and it was time to broaden his audience.

A woman ran past, wheeling an animatronic monster on a low trolley. Bill watched her go.
"What's the message we're aiming for here?" he asked the underboss. "What do we say to contrast the current council members? What does Hoenn need?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 1:52:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's never been much for politics. It reminds him of his parents in ways that make his stomach churn. The lavish parties, the lies, the pissing contests. He'd been nothing to his family but an ornament to croon over.

'Have you heard what my son—?'

But their praise was never directed at him. They were proud of his accomplishments only for how they reflected upon the family. And the second he'd toed a line into scandal, the doors to the manor were locked and he'd found himself on a plane to Kanto. They'd all but delivered him into Rocket's hands, and now...?

I am whatever Rocket needs me to be.

He turns to with no hint of discomfort in his amber gaze.

"In the wake of the excursions, and with Sootopolis so close, we'll need to be careful. Hoenn needs leadership with a backbone. It needs Rocket." There's a fire kindling in his eyes, conviction. "But until then, we need our own on the inside. Calcifet and Fairburne give intel where they can, but no Rocket knows what goes on in those Council meetings."

He pauses to let another walk past.

"I've heard you've got a reputation for convincing people, Father." The nickname drips from his tongue. "So convince them, however you see fit."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 16:05:41 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“Hoenn needs leadership with a backbone.”

Bill nodded, then looked around the bustling studio. His eyes slashed through busy interns and babbling 'stars'. "You're right, of course," he said to Gavin. "Your insight is invaluable, my son." He found what he was looking for: a podium.

They crossed the lot, and Bill took up his rightful spot behind the stand. Behind it, be looked like a true Speaker. His form pulled in the eyes of startled workers and performers alike. With a slow, backhanded wave he sent them all back to work.

"Gavin. What do you need?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 6:31:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Bill exudes a natural charisma, drawing attention where Gavin makes to avoid it. He is not uncomfortable with their eyes on him, but Rocket has spent a long time in the shadows.

The question surprises him; he takes a moment to consider.

"Loyalty," he says at last, drawing out the syllables. "A network upon which I can rely, no matter how... mm, fickle the climate."

He chooses his words carefully where others might listen in, then speaks more freely when there is distance.

"Our people have softened. Some might say I haven't softened enough."

There have been whispers in the ranks; he doesn't want a knife in his back.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 7:00:42 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“Hoenn needs leadership with a backbone.”
"Gavin, do you know who I trust the most in our organization?" It was a hypothetical, but Bill let the words linger like the aftertaste of burnt coffe. " . I would place her at my back without hestiation. Hell, I'd let her borrow my knife. I trust her implicitly. And do you know why?"

"Because she tried to kill me."

"There is no failure more absolute, more fundamentally crushing, than trying to kill someome. Really trying. And failing. That woman threw everything at me, and she failed. I know that she will never try again. That part of her is dead. It died when i didnt."

"You want a network of people you can trust? Keep your hands quick and your back wide open."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 2:28:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There's an immediate and obvious discomfort that flickers through his eyes at the mention of Emma; he shutters it as quick as it had appeared, but not quick enough.

"She has never tried to kill me, but I trust her as well."

There's a tightness to his tone. His relationship with the Beast and admin had been no secret among Rocket and their split was an open one.

"There are plenty in Rocket who would see me dead if they thought they could get away with it." It's stated with all the flat affect of discussing the weather. "Most are not foolish enough to try it, and those that would — they would not survive the experience to pledge their loyalty afterward."

He was an underboss. To attempt an assassination was nothing short of treason.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 0:53:13 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"Most are not foolish enough to try it, and those that would — they would not survive the experience to pledge their loyalty afterward."
"That's good then," Bill said. "You've weeded out those dumb enough to try. It's not a particularly clean system, but it keeps the organization strong."

"Likewise, if you're weak enough to be killed by some ambitious grunt then your time as Underboss is rightfully over."
It was direct, but true. During Bill's tenure a decade prior there had been a new Underboss almost every month. Each had surpassed their predecessor in some metric, cunning, teamwork, brutality, or even sheer strength, but without a doubt each was more cautious than the last. They were small, uneven improvements, but improvements nonetheless. 

Bill didn't need flash cards or a teleprompter for his speech. Nowadays he relied on intuition to guide his sermons. Intuition built from thousands of hours behind a pulpit, and ten times as long staring people right in the face as he fed them exactly what they wanted to hear.
"One last question, Gavin. You've told me what you need and what you want. What do you miss?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 17:57:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
This question, more than anything, gives Gavin pause.

He can't answer freedom — because it's not something he's ever truly had. His will and loyalty has been bound first to his parents, then to Rocket, and now to a corrupt god. He has never, will never know freedom.

He frowns, brow furrowing with it.

There's an answer he knows but does not want to give. Emma.

"I do my best not to dwell on what I no longer have," he says at last. "Either I'll find it again or I won't; either way, it does no good to mourn for what's lost to me."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 4:03:58 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"Most are not foolish enough to try it, and those that would — they would not survive the experience to pledge their loyalty afterward."
Bill nodded, absorbing the information from Gavin. He held the podium, firm and commanding, and gestured to the cameraman to start rolling. Bill's voice broke the growing quiet like the throwing open of heavy doors. 

"Hoenn needs stability," he said, speaking as much to Gavin as to the people who would watch the ad in the coming weeks and months. "It needs someone with an understanding of this land's people, and a powerful loyalty to the preservation of her core values: Backbone. Family. And a vision for the future."

"For years the leadership has been flagging. Unfilled gym leader spots, an Elite...two? Three? And a council that seems to change with the seasons." As Bill talked, he left the comparison unvoiced. The League was full of gaps, whereas Rocket was flush with promise, and people willing to step up to responsibility.

"If you elect me as councilman, then you'll be adding to that council with a man born and raised on these shores. Someone who walks Hoenn's sands, swims in its waters, and knows its people. A family man, with a lifetime of seeing just what the citizens of this wonderful country can do when we put our minds to it."

"The people of Hoenn are strong. Just look at the recent disasters that we've survived: Invading Megalopolans! Warring Ultra Beasts! The return of Team Rocket! They say the strength of a nation is defined by its leadership, so we must have some darn strong people in charge already."

His voice dropped, pulling at the ears of those in the studio. People leaned in as he spoke, his voice full of darkness and building pressure. "But simply surviving isn't enough now. I lost my daughter in the Megalopolan attacks, and any disaster where we lose lives is one where we were not prepared enough."

Like a wave, his voice came surging back, pulling at the spirits of those in the room, drawing them up with him as he built towards the climax. "It's time to prepare. It's time to build and expand. To take this foundation of rock and sea, and to create a Hoenn that can forge onwards, into a bright future!"

"You need someone who can fight for the Hoenn that you all deserve, and who can look at the cost of that shining tomorrow and pull out their wallet, ready to give everything they've got." Bill drew himself up, his paper smile as clean and perfect as a crisp hundred. "I will fight for you. I will build that bright future...I will foot the Bill."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 19:21:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin melts into the growing crowd. His amber gaze never leaves ; the pastor's commanding presence manages to affect even Rocket's stoic underboss.

A vision for the future.

His lip twitches. Rocket would be their future.

When Bill's speech has concluded and the crowd has dispersed, Gavin finds him once more. Words spoken under his breath are meant for only their ears.

"Excellent job, Councilman Anderson."

For he has full confidence that the title is secure.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Honest Politician [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 2:01:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: