[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
silence[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
wanderers of wastelands

It's become habit to pick at her scabs, a nervous tic that begs her to tug away at the bandages on her limbs and scratch away at the hidden wounds. But under the vigilant watch of her Luxray, Eris finds it more a nagging thought at the back of her mind than something that she can actually act upon. Instead, she busies herself by combing through Reiner's fur, her fingers catching little knots and dried clots of blood yet to be washed out as she sits comfortably on his back.
[break][break]
It's only been a few hours since they were last chased down whilst out scavenging, the depraved growls of ravenous pokemon still ringing loud in her ears. Whilst they were most likely starved due to a lack of provision from their trainers - whether missing or deceased - Reiner hadn't taken kindly to their aggression, getting into a scuffle with many of them had it not been for outside interference.
[break][break]
"We could have handled ourselves." The bag of hard-fought supplies is slung carefully across her torso, a fragile but determined gaze kept to the ground as they continue to trudge across barren forest grounds. "There weren't any Rockets or crazy people out there today."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Viator || C
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 11:28:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"it's always better to be safe than sorry."

his head holds high as he leads them through barren forest grounds, seeing nothing more than what once was and what it could've been.

"can't take any risks these days, eris."

and yet, he does so often. he's taking one now, too, by not having a pokemon out to act as their sentry. it's his arrogance that carries him forward, unobstructed by the possible threat of death.

"we'll stop at a river near here for a bit."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,761 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Viator || C
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 3:48:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[break]
silence[break][break]

[break]
wanderers of wastelands

Do as I say, not as I do. Though Eris is nothing but a kid, she knows that Matias isn't quite erring on the side of caution by wandering about without a pokemon by his side. Then again, she doesn't quite know his entire story nor how experienced he is in warding off threats with his bare hands, so she holds her tongue and thinks on it instead.
[break][break]
It would have been fine if I died anyways.
[break][break]
Keeping her senses sharp, Eris catches onto the sound of flowing water, splashing over small rocks rising through the surface as it all pours towards the ocean far beyond reach. Memories fill her with hope, a crystal clear stream teaming with pokemon and their young but her scars remind her to expect the stench, to keep her spirits tamed as they continue to trudge along.
[break][break]
The words linger on her tongue, hesitating to draw a breath as she quietly picks at the dirt under her nails.
[break][break]
"How long have you been travelling for? Did they take your home too?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Viator || C
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 7:15:49 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]his home?

"not yet,"

his home — kanto.

"they won't,"

but they will.

to answer her first question:

"close to ten years, i think. i left when i was sixteen."

he reaches into his backpack, pulls out his last candy bar, and extends it over to eris.

"you should eat."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,761 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Viator || C
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 9:51:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
silence[break][break]

[break]
wanderers of wastelands

"Sixteen... Almost ten years ago... I'm seven now and eight in October..."
[break][break]
Conclusion?
[break][break]
"You're like a dinosaur compared to me!"
[break][break]
Perhaps, a little rude by some standards but there is no hiding the genuine awe Eris holds for this seasoned traveller. Her attention flickers to the candy bar he offers: peanut butter and caramel fudge, a rather sweet treat especially in these trying times. For a second, she's reminded of home, the scent of caramel glazed fudge and peanut butter cookies wafting through the corridors as her mom calls for her to come downstairs for a snack...
[break][break]
"You need to eat too. Reiner and I found a whole bunch of food supplies, so I think we'll be okay." She hums, breaking the bar in two and offering the other piece to Matias. "Momma always said that eating with others makes food taste better." Swinging the bag of rations to the front, Eris rummages through for the slightest bit of meat, managing to find a piece of jerky that Reiner takes to like a moth to a flame.
[break][break]
"How was travelling around the region like? Did you battle a lot of trainers or challenge gym leaders? Camping must have been really fun, especially when you lie under the stars..."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Viator || C
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 13:39:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias laughs with an air of genuineness that was once though to have been lost. no matter the obstacle or enemy before him, his spirit will never break. it wavers — it has wavered — but her words serve as a reminder.

"yeah, i guess i am. but dinosaurs are cool, aren't they?"

forcing himself not to think much of it, he accepts the other half of the candy bar and raises it for a bite. it's sweet.

"momma's right."

swallowing, he ponders on the question for a while before responding:

"it was fun for a while. it was really rewarding to train and travel and beat gym leaders."

tilting his head over, he asks:

"you've never camped?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,761 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Viator || C
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 14:05:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
silence[break][break]

[break]
wanderers of wastelands

"They are! Pa once promised me a trip to a fossil restoration centre so I could see how they revived them. Pokemon like Archen, Tyrunts and Omanytes... I wanna get myself a Dracozolt one day!" It's nice to be able to think about the dreams she's put aside in favour of self-preservation, the tiniest of grins tugging at her lips as she reaches into her backpack once more. From within, she produces a notebook, one that seems a little charred and dusty but otherwise kept well-intact.
[break][break]
"I don't really know if they count as dinosaurs exactly but... Groudon and Palkia seem really cool! Momma used to tell me a lot of local legends about them!" How excited she is to show the drawings and little story snippets recorded upon the pages, pictures of murals and ruins always having been the subject of interest for the child. "Momma said I was too young to go camping alone. She promised me that we'd do a lot of camping while chasing the legendaries when I got older but..."
[break][break]
The words upon the page now carry a bittersweet hint to their existence, her fingers wistfully traced over the memories as she thinks long and hard about what to say. Eventually, she finds nothing else, idly combing through Reiner's mane as a means of seeking comfort.
[break][break]
"I guess I've learnt to camp on my own since then, though I'm not always the best at it. We mostly just sleep in trees or caves that we stumble across. I did learn how to make a mini campfire though! Pa made sure I knew how to do that at the very least."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 19:41:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the war's taken so much, that much he knows, but hearing eris speak of trips, of plans that will never come to fruition, reminds him of an all too bleak future that looms in the near distance.

the thought is pushed aside in favor of the notebook. he looks at it, admiring the drawings and snippets.

"hmm...if they do count, then groudon's my favorite dinosaur."

it's difficult to find words sometimes, so he lets the moment pass.

"i'll need your help with making a small campfire later. think you can handle it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,761 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 16:04:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
silence[break][break]

[break]
wanderers of wastelands

Groudon's a good choice and the child can't quite help but hum in agreement. With its ability to shift the earth and summon a cascade of magma, imagine all of the things you could do!
[break][break]
"Yeah, I can! I've done it loads of times!"
[break][break]
Starting fires would be a cinch! But for now, she won't be lighting any campfires up with extreme lava flows. Instead, she looks to her Luxray, giving him a bright grin as she points into the forested grounds. First things first, they need to collect some firewood to fuel the flames. He returns her a pointed gaze, one that says he isn't too willing to have her stray.
[break][break]
So she yields, slipping off the Luxray's back and choosing to search for the necessities within reach - Small twigs, larger chunks of dried bark...
[break][break]
"Have you ever travelled beyond Kanto before? Ten years is a long time to explore and all! I've always wanted to visit Johto and Hoenn. Or if there's any region further than them!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 14:10:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's probably best to start setting up camp now before it gets too dark. eris has the right idea, and so matias stops as well to start searching for the necessities.

"not yet. i might travel someday...i heard hoenn's really nice."

the joke's on him.

and then the realization hits him.

"...we might have to leave kanto soon, you know."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,761 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 6:48:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
silence[break][break]

[break]
wanderers of wastelands

It's a thought that has crossed her mind, but never really been entertained. Emotions brew at the thought of having to leave, bitterness rising as she recalls those who started this madness.
[break][break]
"I don't want to."
[break][break]
There are still things that must be protected here, there's the remnants of a home that should never have been broken. The memories she's made tie her to this land, the promises she keeps still vivid and unsullied by despair.
[break][break]
"I can't just… let them take everything. We can't just leave Kanto."
[break][break]
Without Kanto, she has nothing left save for her life and Reiner's. She can carry the memories but they'll undoubtedly be stained by the anger and the helplessness of a child.
[break][break]
"We can fight them back. We have to be able to…"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[/quote]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 13:51:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i don't want to either..."

he pauses, hesitating.

"...sometimes things are just out of our control."

maybe one day they'll be able to win back the region so those like eris, those who have fled, will be able to return home.

until then,

"but i'll still be here fighting."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,761 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 21:30:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
silence[break][break]

[break]
wanderers of wastelands

"Then let me stay here too! Let me fight!"
[break][break]
She doesn't want to hear it. Things being out of her control, not being able to do anything... If she's to simply sit back and watch as people around her suffer, if she has to run while invaders run over her home -
[break][break]
"I can't just leave! I don't want to!"
[break][break]
A quiet tail slips around her wrist, gently curling as the cat slinks around her. His warmth still remains kind as ever but his claws dig into dirt, a hardened gaze driven into the ground. There's acknowledgement in his gaze, but he refuses to meet Matias' eyes
[break][break]
"I want to help too! My parents are still here!"
[break][break]
As missing people. As hostages. As betrayers. As corpses. As people so dearly beloved that it hurts not knowing what's happened to them.
[break][break]
"Please, Matias... I can help... I promise..."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 9:22:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"eris..."

he understands, he really does, but he also knows staying here is as good as a death sentence; he's long accepted his.

it's stupid to make false promises, and yet:

"i'll find your parents, alright? i'll make sure you see them again. but until then, you need to be somewhere safe."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,761 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Viator || C
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 9:20:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
silence[break][break]

[break]
wanderers of wastelands

The hypocrisy of adults... The thought that goes behind his words. They sting badly, add salt to the wounds of her heavily scarred heart. Not old enough, not ready for such danger - Her mother had reserved such thoughts when she said they couldn't go hunting for legendaries together just yet.
[break][break]
And yet, what do either of them get out of her stubbornness? Would she just be weighing him down like always? Getting into trouble and looking to him for help?
[break][break]
"Promise?"
[break][break]
A powerful question that she's never taken lightly, her pinky finger is held out as she awaits an answer.
[break][break]
"Promise that you'll be safe?"
[break][break]
She doesn't even expect him to find her parents. Deep down, she feels as if she already knows of their fate.
[break][break]
"I'll get stronger and some day, I'll be able to help... So promise that you'll stay safe and live until then?"
[break][break]
And beyond that, and for much longer after that; To be witness to her strength and eventual allies that fight side by side.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES