Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
better not bee trouble [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 8:21:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF FALLARBOR TOWN...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
greyson regarded the small cluster of farmland with a hint of nostalgia. his first mission, the one with , was fresh on his mind. it had been simple, back then, especially with the more experienced league veteran to guide him. he only hoped this time could be just as so.
[break][break]
a small group of them, each from a different household it seemed, gathered just to greet the duo. they stood expectantly on the nearest property's porch. they would wait.
[break][break]

he turned at the sound of approaching footsteps, violet hues landing on his partner for the mission. this was meant as a cooperative task for the league and rangers. both were part of the same organization, but rarely did they ever work together on similar goals.
[break][break]

cooperation was best for both parties. thus, requirements like these were thrown in. almost like the interagency cooperation was a quota that needed filling. greyson didn't mind. instead, he smiled and greeted the woman.
[break][break]

"nice to meet you. i'm greyson connors— feel free to call me what makes you comfortable."
[break][break]

he held a hand out expectantly.
[break][break]

"are you ready?"
[break]
@tallulah

[newclass=.king]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/64kL1dv/greysonss.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 9:31:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she had done some ranger duties alongside her farm chores back in Alola. she was trained, ready to go and eager to prove herself. Hoenn was a battleground; she was not going to lose here. "Tallulah Colt" she greeted Greyson with a friendly enough shake of her hand. one could even call it energetic. her Arcanine was beside her; the station told her to bring a fire type. "ready as I'll ever be, I reckon."

her first real job as a ranger in this region. would it go smoothly? she hoped so, for the sake of reputation. nobody wanted to fail their first try. "if it's all the same, sir, I'll defer to your judgment" Tallulah goes on "I'm the rookie and I'm here to learn" she grins sheepishly at the man "so direct me and my pal here as you see fit." she lets go of his hand and jerks a thumb at the canine. he barks in agreement.

1/5
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 5:58:20 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"tallulah."
[break][break]
he echoes, committing her name to memory. her energy doesn't go unnoticed, but it does go unmentioned.
[break][break]

"i'll do my best not to steer you wrong."
[break][break]

he smiles, patting the top of his hair bashfully. he'd led his fair share of league related activities, still, the idea of training someone was odd. he himself was in her position a few months ago. it was hard to forget.
[break][break]

"let's go meet them, then."
[break][break]

the duo approach the large wooden porch, greyson taking the lead to half-way step onto it and reach out with a welcoming handshake. an elderly man with leathery skin approaches to reciprocate the greeting. his straw hat and overalls looked as worn as the calluses on his ​hands.
[break][break]

'owdy. ye both be da' people?'
[break][break]

greyson nodded, looking out at the arcanine, and then out onto the pastures.

[break][break]

"we are. how many hives are we looking at?"
[break][break]

the elderly farmer scratches his chin, turning to the rest of the group. a voice from the back calls out, though. feminine; no nonsense.
[break][break]

'three. we wan' em handled.'
[break][break]

he looks past the front-man and onto the woman. she was just as ancient and, unlike the others, was sitting on an old rocking chair. so this was the alpha then, huh?
[break][break]

"of course ma'am. we'll see what we can do. can someone point us in the direction?"
[break][break]

they oblige and soon the duo are heading in the direction of a grouping of trees. greyson turns towards the rookie, violet eyes assessing.
[break][break]

"so, rookie— what's the plan?"
[break]
@tallulah

[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/64kL1dv/greysonss.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 19:30:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she had sympathy.

it was tough for farm folk to accept help, especially from strangers. her Pa had been in that predicament a few times, letting the Trial goers handle some of the chores. just to help out and let them gain experience. but it was a sore spot.

ranchers, farmers... any country folk wanted to be able to be tough. hardened. able to handle what life threw their way. she heartily shook the elderly couples palms when it was her time, remaining quiet except for her bright grin.

three hives.

"smoke 'em out" Tallulah says, patting her Arcanine "me and him will make a distraction; hopefully the swarm'll leave ya be" no pun intended "so you can collect the honey." the woman waited for Greyson to confirm or deny.

if need be, she would release her Mudsdale to assist them. but bees and fire were pressing enough. she didn't want to earthquake the whole field.

2/5
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 6:16:42 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"that's not a bad plan."
[break][break]
he watches her closely as she finishes. he couldn't help but detect a glimmer of excitement.
[break][break]

not that he could fault her for it.
[break][break]

"just be careful. one misstep and you could be facing three very aggressive hives, or worse, a wildfire that could devastate this portion of the region."
[break][break]

those of course, were extremes. but extremes needed to be accounted for.
[break][break]

"i'll have ace standing by to assist. but she will not interfere unless it's absolutely necessary."
[break][break]

he releases one of his pokemon as he talks, the light dissolving into a beautifully plumaged pidgeot that rests on his outstretched arm. she tilts her head towards tallulah and greyson scratches her with a hooked index finger.
[break][break]

"we'll finish this in a few hours with zero troubles and make these farmers happy. then, after, i'll buy lunch."
[break][break]

he nudges his head deeper into the wood, giving the girl permission to start.

[break]
@tallulah

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 7:11:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
with the motivation of lunch on the line, Tallulah would get to work. "aye" she pats Arcanine "my boy'll be careful with the fire." the fire dog gave a woof of agreement.

walking away from Greyson with Ace hopefully following behind them, she ordered her Pokémon to set a small fire in front of one of the hives. the Flamethrower was a controlled one.

but it got the attention of the Pokémon.

almost at once, a dozen Combee burst through the hives. they were buzzing angrily, focused on the Arcanine. his human didn't step back, but felt intimidated by them all the same.

"flamethrower!" she calls out, pointing at the bees. Arcanine's lips burst forth fire at the buzzing insects. while they were taken care of, she'd begin to put out the fire on the ground.

she didn't want any unwanted wildfires popping up. Ranger training made her kick dirt over the controlled flame, effectively putting it out. hopefully Greyson was able to get to the honey.

3/5
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 17:07:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
while tallulah handles the drones, greyson moves to extract the honey. having his own hive back at his garden, he had little trouble in extracting the honeycombs. the sounds of combat wage on behind him, but he finishes rather quickly. pouring the wax and honey combination into a jar to be separated later.
[break][break]
satisfied, he turns towards the woman, and gives her a thumbs-up.
[break][break]

as he approaches, he can't help but notice something. he kneels down and checks the knocked-out bug-types just in case, but still finds something is missing.
[break][break]

"it's strange how there is no vespiqueen in this hive."
[break][break]

each hive usually has their own queen. could this be some sort of greater-vespiqueen? greyson holds the thought.
[break][break]

"next one, then."
[break]
@tallulah

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 17:17:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it was rather strange.

the queen bee didn't show up to defend the hive. Tallulah expected it, tried to conserve energy for the big fight against one... only to be somewhat disappointed. she pulls a thoughtful look as she follows Greyson to the next hive. the same routine was given. fire on the ground, the smoke beginning to smoke out the Combee.

slight chaos ensured by the hive as it attacked the intruders. Tallulah kept up the assault as best she could for a rookie, but she did notice Arcanine was slowing down. still, no queen arrived. Greyson would no doubt collect the honey and they'd move onto the next hive. in the end, she would give her canine a thankful pat on his side.

the Arcanine panted a bit, not used to throwing fire for so long. he was a herdin' dog.

4/5
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 19:36:01 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]"are you getting tired?"
[break][break]
he places the jar of honey back into his bag. he had half-a-dozen jars thus far, between the two hives. he expected more, for their size. and once again, the lack of a queen, troubled him.
[break][break]
ace landed on a branch behind him, trilling in a low-coo. she wasn't the only back-up he'd planned. the second was unknown, even to tallulah.
[break][break]
"i can take over, if need be."

[break]
@tallulah

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 21:29:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she didn't protest. "aye" Tallulah says to Greyson, casting a concerned glance at the Arcanine. she wasn't a very good ranger if she didn't see her own partner's weariness. pushing the canine would just get her nowhere "we'll be on standby, sir."

Arcanine looked like he was going to protest though, but she patted him again and he ducked his head. almost as if ashamed. "none o' that now" Tallulah chuckles "ya did good for two outta three."

she glances to Greyson and frowns. "where's the queen though?" she voices "did some'ting happen to her?"

5/5
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 7:18:01 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]greyson nods, understanding. to battle as many pokemon as the arcanine did, and come out relatively unwounded— an accomplishment, easily.
[break][break]
"i... don't know."
[break][break]

greyson has no problem admitting when he doesn't have the answer. however, something bothers him; an itch he couldn't scratch. the feeling lingered just on the edge of his mind. no matter how hard he tries, it remains.
[break][break]

"come on."
[break][break]

the two continue, until they finally come across the last hive. this one is larger by far, nearly twice as so, and with a large contingent of combee going in and out. the swarm turned towards them as they approached, their incessant buzzing drowning out most noises.
[break][break]

but, greyson wasn't watching the drones. violet eyes tilted upwards to lie on a descending pokemon.
[break][break]

the vespiqueen.
[break][break]

it looked no larger than your average queen bee, but, the source of the problem was clear. emerging from the insect's skin,, like small, parasitical limbs, were a number of large mushrooms.
[break][break]

"i think we found our problem."

[break][break]

he doesn't look in tallulah's direction, the officer's gaze never leaving the new-threat. he stands alone before the horde that now turns menacingly in his direction. at once, an ATTACK ORDER is issued and the swarm — minus the queen — rush in greyson's direction.
[break][break]

"we'll handle this. once you see the queen begin to engage us — get the honey."
[break][break]

behind him, ace's beak picks at her wings with little concern. she only looks up when a second pokemon emerges from behind a tree. she looks irritated; cranky. still, she raises her wand and a pulse of PSYCHIC energy shot outwards. when it meets the swarm, they stop in their tracks, suspended in the air mere feet in front of greyson.
[break][break]

he doesn't flinch.
[break][break]

the delphox moves quietly to his side, her attention pushing past the drones and onto their queen.
[break][break]

"took you long enough."
[break][break]

there's an edge in his voice. one that could only be put-together with the smirk that pulls his lips back. the battle-hungry excitement that clouds his vision.
[break][break]

"let's get started, then."
[break]
@tallulah

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 7:27:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Tallulah has time to see the queen in all her glory before noticing the parasites. that's when shit hit the fan. Greyson is quick to order her to get to the honey, and she runs to the hive before she was noticed. the Combee are busy protecting the infected queen and for that she is thankful. there was no worry as her partner tackled them - he was much more experienced than she.

so she did what she could; collect the honey in a timely fashion.

when the Combee are paused by the Delphox, that's when the queen dives. perhaps the Vespiqueen thinks the Delphox is too busy holding off her swarm. Tallulah doesn't look back, moving the hive's top off before she too dives in her own way. taking special care with the honeycombs, she places the collected honey into the bottles needed to transport them.

Greyson was perhaps by now fending the Vespiqueen with his Pokémon.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 6:19:01 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]one queen was little trouble for the battle hungry delphox. she was a veteran of half-a-dozen skirmishes at this point, including a near-defeat to a certain gym leader and his scollipede. since acquiring the dual-type back in the fiery caves, autumn had grown exponentially. so, when two more vespiqueens emerge from the brush, each sporting their own unique flavor of the parasitic mushroom, greyson barely registers the increased threat.
[break][break]
the droning of bees die as a MYSTICAL FIRE consumes them. next, the thuds of the dozens as they collapse unconscious are like a quickly silenced heartbeat. he can't help but process it as an omen of what is to come.
[break][break]

eventually, the three queens stand as one against the fox, and the battle can finally begin.
[break][break]

[break][break]

the bout comes to a conclusion mere minutes after it begins. the delphox shows little signs of actually breaking a sweat as the trio of vespiqueen lie still in the grass.
[break][break]

the league officer squats down in front of the pokemon, inspecting the strange plants that grow from their skin. most had, in the conflict, been annihilated in the fire. some, however, still remain. he doesn't dare reach out to touch it, though.
[break][break]

he turns to tallulah, no doubt finished collecting the honey at this point. sharp features conflicted; thinking.
[break][break]

"we'll need to report this to the league. likely, they will want to collect samples. i've never seen this kind of... outbreak before."
[break][break]

greyson shakes the ordeal off. dwelling now wouldn't change the facts. he would act in accordance to regulations.
[break][break]

"lets get this honey to the farmers, and explain the situation best as possible. we'll restrict access to the wood, just to be safe."
[break][break]

he stretches, sighing in frustration, annoyance and confusion. violet eyes blink, and he looks once again towards his partner.
[break][break]

"good job today."[break]
@tallulah

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 18:31:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
when all that's said and done, the job was done. Tallulah sighs with relief at the results, her arms full of the honey bottles. she would transport them to the sacks her Arcanine wore to help her transport things. once the bottles were secure, she'd turn to examine the Vesiqueen - from a distance.

strange was her first thought. parasites were common in animals, especially on the farm. she had to remove ticks and other things from the livestock - but mushrooms? that was odd on a bug-type. she looks at Greyson as he sighs, perking up when he tells her 'good job'. she grins. "couldn't have done it without ya, sir" she chimes.

the woman does agree - the League would want to know and also collect samples. with that in mind, they'd head back to the farmers and then contact both their beneficial organization.

/end
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 22:38:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@tallulah