Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 8:41:33 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar
Venturing outside of town was one the big don'ts mom had given him. Despite his antics, Roman followed it for the most. Occasionally, when he was feeling particularly rambunctious, he'd step a foot or two onto one of the neighboring routes. Only to lose his nerve and turn around. That all changed now that he had Po. With the Rockruff at his side, Roman broke all the rules today.

What was there to worry about now that he had a Pokemon? Nothing. Dad had said Rockruff were tough, and that meant there wasn't nothing to fear.

"Hey, Po - wait for me." the puppy excitedly bound across the bridge to Route 114 ahead of his trainer. Roman wasn't too far behind, catching up in time watch the canine bump into a stranger's leg.

"Ga, Po - you're so fucking blind." emerald eyes glance up at the man.

"You should watch where you're going mister. Don't you know whose turf this is?"
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 10:05:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"and whose turf is it, kid?"

attention dragged away by the canine by his leg, cian turns to regard its trainer as he lowers slightly to give the rockruff a single pat on its head, though he's mindful of it possibly snapping to bite him.

"po's a cute name."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 13:31:08 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar
"Mine." he's quick to reply, lips curved into a smug smile. "All of Fallarbor's my turf. Just ask any of the other kids, and they'll tell ya." and if they didn't, he'd kick their asses again.

Po doesn't bite but retreats back to Roman's side as the stranger leans down. A low growl escaping from the back of his throat. "Uh, thanks. I picked it myself." Roman's eyes narrow on the man's face. It's not one that he recognizes.

"I've never seen you around here before."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 7:00:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"damn, all of fallarbor? you must be tough shit. but i believe you."

cian watches the rockruff retreat, then straightens back up with a sigh. the urge to pet something lingers, which is annoying, so he slides his hands into his pockets.

"oh i'm just out here running. you can come with, if you'd like."

a finger points over his shoulder towards more rocky terrain.

"what's your name, kid?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 3:22:26 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar
"The toughest." he rubs the underside of his nose with a cocky smirk.

Roman follows the man's finger, leaning to the side to look past him and down the bridge. Skeptical orbs glance back at the stranger.

"Going for a run? What's next? Are you gonna ask me if I want some candy?"

Despite the insinuation, Roman doesn't say no. He had planned to explore the route anyway.

"Roman Maher, but everyone just calls me Ro."

Bending down to pick up Po, he holds the Rockruff close to his chest.

"What's your name?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 14:04:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]what the fuck?

roman maher?

like his own maher?

his suspicions are hidden well enough behind his friendly facade.

"cian maher. looks like we have the same last name! what a coincidence."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 14:14:45 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar
Huh? Roman blinks, clearly caught off guard. They had the same last name. His nose twitches in thought, eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"You being for real?"

He'd never met anyone with the same last name as him. Well, aside from his dad that was.

His grip on Po tightens slightly.

"If so, that's weird. I thought for sure my dad and I were the only ones with Mahers."

Roman lets out a small sigh and frowns.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 14:17:18 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"mhm!"

the smile lingers.

"and what's your dad's name?"

cian asks if only to make sure; his own dad could've been fucking around for all he knows.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 14:22:36 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar
Unaware of the ramifications, Roman gives his father's name without a second thought.

"Bo." a pause.

"That's not his actually name, just what mom calls him when they're on the phone."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 9:43:22 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"oh. bo doesn't live with you?"

cian knows he doesn't; he had just been to 's house, after all, and there were no signs of a child nor a wife. just a kabuto that wanted so desperately to flee. for a moment, he wonders if it's a reflection of bo's character.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 10:30:33 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"sounds like a great dad."

the implication lingers between them, carefully placed for roman to pick up on his own.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 10:52:21 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar
"He's..."

Roman sifts through a hurricane of feelings to try and find the words. Battered back by imaginary winds in his chest, the storm's too intense for him to search. He grasps the first emotion he can find instead.

Rockruff yelps. The tight, angry pressure of Roman's hands press into the canine's sides. He doesn't even notice.

"I hate him." vitriolic venom spat from the raspy voice of a child tenses the air.

"What's your problem anyway?" all that anger points itself at Cain like an arrow. "The fuck you wanna know about my dad for?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 11:11:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]it's an anger he's seen time and time again. it spreads like a plague, festering until it inevitably consumes them whole.

will roman suffer the same fate?

"woah why are you getting angry at me, kid? i'm not the one who left."

with a shrug, he continues:

"he's my brother."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
Bloodties
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 11:22:23 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar
The man's twice his size. Roman has to look up just to meet his eye, but that doesn't stop the threat.

"Spot between your legs looks nice and punchable right now."

Boiling blood sizzles to a simmer at the sudden revelation. Emerald greens widen then harden in skepticism.

"You're a fucking liar."

But they did have the same last name.

"Prove it, or I'll have Po bite you in the nads." he's not even sure the dog would listen, but he'd fuckin try anyway.