2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 19:42:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

She hadn't really wanted to be here. Pokemon battling had never been her thing, but she could admit to herself (though never to Angelo because he wouldn't let her hear the last of it) that she's actually having fun. Would wonders never cease? 

"I heard you wanted a rematch?" 

Insolence drips from her grin when she catches sight of a familiar figure approaching, enthusiasm sparking like an electric current under her skin and bringing a mischievous gleam to her eyes. Two very familiar pokemon stand by her side, already halfway into the water along with their trainer. There's no helmet around Skyler's face, but something in her hand catches the glare of the sun: a small breathing device. 

"I thought I'd make it even more interesting this time and race you underwater. Maybe you'll even stand a chance." A quirked eyebrow seems to challenge this last statement, prodding at the usually unflappable young man. 

"Ready?" The cerulean waters glint invitingly and Captain Dross shifts restlessly in place, eager to dive into their refreshing depths.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 7:37:04 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

When mentioned Skyler being around he couldn't help but be curious as to what she has been up to. Though he thinks one or the other was exaggerating at the mention of a rematch. As Razz didn't care either way... well maybe only a little. So he could only give her a shrug of why not. [break][break]

"Haha," he mock laughs at this possibly standing a chance this time around. Results aren't always the same. Though as he sees the pokemon from last time he does call his own out to the water as he's forced to recall Salem. "Sorry buddy," is all he can give him but it wasn't like the cat could breath. And at least he head equipment for that. "So how we doing this then? To the buoy and back?"

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 18:51:03 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A metallic cylinder is sent sailing through the air in the general direction of one , its curved surface catching the glare of the sun as it arcs overhead.

Skyler doesn't look remotely worried about the younger man not catching it - she's already turning to look at the buoy, a scarred hand shielding her eyes from stray sunlight and eyes squinting comically at the floating object in the distance.

"Yeah, I see it. Sounds good. We'll do things a little differently this time though." She waves the cylinder in her hands, turning to grin at Razz. "This time we'll race underwater. And no mercy this time. I already lost to Angelo..." Her last words are spoken through gritted teeth, irritation clear as day in her voice.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 9:46:28 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz just groans at her, underwater sounded like a paaaaaain. "You know, as a human I generally like breathing," he jokes some with a small smile despite his earlier groan. Though the smile does turn into a bit of a grin as he suppresses a chuckle. Though he panics slightly as something is suddenly thrown at him. Thankfully he usually kept his left side toward people to ensure he saw things coming at him. It ends up hitting his shoulder as he lacks the depth perception to properly catch the gear. "You know I'm a terrible catch," he pouts some but greatful none the less. [break][break]

Razz starts to prep himself as he removes his headband to put on his goggles properly as he calls out his two pokemon. Giving a smirk at her annoyance, "How could you lose to him? Even Salem's beat him.... twice now," he jokes still, though in fairness it wasn't much of a joke as Salem was the one that directed the battle.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 18:19:22 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"You'll get it next time." There isn't an ounce of doubt in her voice, meeting Razz's pout with a quicksilver smile that disappears all too quickly at the mention of her... special friend/annoyance. A crease appears between her brows in a frown, memories from the previous battle flashing before her eyes.

"You don't need to rub it in, Razz." Surliness tempers her voice, probably making her appear like the biggest of sore losers. She doesn't really seem to care as she continues. "I already had Angelo lord his victory over me." The last sentence is spoken through gritted teeth, frustration seeping from every inch of her posture.

"But that's fine, Salem is a genius and either way I'll have my revenge eventually." The way her eyes light up does not bode well for a certain courier. "So." She jumps up to perch on the Starmie, heels digging in. "Ready?"

Here in this somewhat hidden stretch of beach there are few people to lay witness to the battle except for a flying drone hovering overhead. It doesn't manage to catch the troublesome grin that stretches the captain's lips as she gives a signal - and before one blink of an eye and the next she's disappeared beneath the waves. 

And, without previous warning, it seems the race has begun.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 11:48:46 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz takes a moment to pause, he wasn’t sure if this was part of the whole playing around, or if she was really offended that the other beat her and he was poking at it. So he’ll stop for now because he just can’t read the situation well enough. “Oh.. okay then,” is all he really says before he gets into the water to climb on top of Duke. Making sure to be careful of their ROUGH SKIN. [break][break]

”As I’ll ever be,” with that he puts the goggles and mouthpiece on so he could breathe underneath as Duke chases after. Determined to win.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 19:36:45 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Everyone who's ever faced Captain Dross in any capacity knows that playing fair isn't in her repertoire. And so, Razz shouldn't really be surprised that upon diving into the ocean, the crystal clear waters that had glinted brightly under the Hoenn sunlight suddenly transform into an inky nightmare - courtesy of one Kingdra's SMOKESCREEN.

If she could've, Skyler would be laughing in mischievous glee. Unfortunately there's only so much that her breathing device can do, and letting her speak underwater isn't one of those things. Instead, she lets the cloud of darkness spread behind her as she presses ahead, Starmie's SURF momentarily shifting the currents around them - pushing the captain forward and hopefully away from her opponent.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 11:47:23 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Because he has raced Skyler in the past the smokescreen doesn’t catch him off guard. In fact the moment they’re under Duke races down with DIVE, going so fast the bubbles form around them as they ignore the dark smoke.[break][break]

With it Azulon even combinds it with BUBBLE BEAM in order to help clear the way. Even the waves from the surf seem to be affecting them minimally. [break][break]

nShegFo1[break]
Score:

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 13:06:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Razz gives chase immediately after, which doesn't really surprise the captain. Their first water race had been immensely fun exactly because the young man was the type of person to give no quarter, surprisingly competitive beneath his socially awkward exterior. Now, like then, she finds adrenaline crackling through her veins and over her skin, revelling in the way her heartbeat echoes in her ears.

Watching Razz dive deeper with speed unmatched, Skyler decides to shift strategies. The Surf carries them far, but as soon as its strength starts to waver, Skyler signals something to Kingdra.

With a little jump that costs them only a little speed, Skyler hops from Starmie to Kingdra. Now free of its passenger, Polaris turns to their opponents, central jewel glowing brightly as it increases the GRAVITY around Razz and his pokemon, hoping it would effect their speed - especially that of the partly steel type.

With Skyler on its back now, Boreal speeds forward, back fins working overtime, the WATERFALL creating a current that boosts their speed.

8Dxt9zBW

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 8:58:26 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

It seems unlike last time they were having a good start. It looks like being able to DIVE through the smokescreen helped them pull ahead. [break][break]

When the gravity is sent at them, Azulon uses WHIRLPOOL near the Duke. Sucking them in once and allowing the shark to sling forward enough to hopefully be unaffected by the gravity. Or at least Sharpedo would be, while Azulon would have to play catch up. [break][break]

Meanwhile when knocked out of the Whirlpool he would shoot forward with a TAKE DOWN. For now playing defensive as they were ahead. [break][break]

wUqVCMHU [break]
Razz: 5 | Sky: 1

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 20:47:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Gravity doesn't seem to have the same devastating effect underwater as it has on the surface, which makes perfect sense. Skyler's brows still furrow in a flash of temper when her opponent zooms past her with the help with a cleverly placed Whirlpool.

Shadows from nearby cliffs fall over them, darkening some of the surrounding waters. Despite prefering deep sea dives, Skyler is no stranger to coastal adventures. And so she makes a motion with her hand and a nearby Shellder (who'd been minding his own life and taking a nap) blinks in perfect astonishment as it is hurtled through the water straight at Razz and Duke - with the help of Starmie's PSYCHIC.

Aiming to shorten the distance between herself and Razz, Skyler taps Boreal's blue fins and points forward. Blinking in acknowledgment, the dragon uses WATERFALL to create a powerful current of water behind them. The captain has to hold on for dear life as they shoot forward.

Ub3u28v0

starmie uses psychic
kingdra uses waterfall

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 11:29:34 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Really? Poor little Shelders? The poor things, thankfully their shells were hard though as Razz would tap on the Duke’s fin as the shark would spin and used LIQUIDATION, as they spun to get the pokemon away. [break][break]

While Duke and Razz played defense, Azulon decided to try a more offensive approach. Going for a BUBBLEBEAM at Skyler and her pokemon. Slow them down.

[break][break]

WJP4B2Rq [break]
Razz: 8 | Sky: 4

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 19:56:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Unfortunately for Razz, Skyler has absolutely no qualms about using innocent little Shellders as weapons of choice (no Shellders were hurt in the making of this race though). It doesn't, however, appear to slow Razz down for long. The poor Shellder is quickly thrown to the side, making way for a Bubblebeam that swirls around Captain Dross and her Kingdra.

Since Skyler can't speak unless she wants ocean water in her lungs, the curses she wants to spew out stay inside her head. She opts instead to glare at Razz, hoping he can feel it.

With a motion to her Kingdra, she commands it to use Whirlpool to draw the bubbles away from them.

Farther ahead, Starmie's center jewel begins to glow a bright crimson, creating a METEOR BEAM that heads straight for the Sharpedo and its rider.

p7rgtBCp

starmie uses meteor beam
kingdra uses whirlpool

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 9:03:00 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

They hit the boey, and now it was time to head back to the beach. Much to skyler’s dismay Razz doesn’t feel her glare, but rather is just proud of his pokemon for getting this far. Especially after the last race they’ve done. [break][break]

Seeing their trainer and the sharpedo in danger, Azulon tried to use HYDRO CANNON on the Starmie to avoid them trying to strike again. Meanwhile Sharpedo used DIVE once more to avoid the meteor beam.

[break][break]

WtrUXBdi [break]
Razz: 9 | Sky: 7

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs razz [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 21:45:37 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

If she could've talked, Skyler would be shouting at Razz to just stop moving around so much and just let her hit him for Arceus' sake!

Not that that would've realistically helped in any way, shape or form - but it's the thought that counts. A rather furious thought at that, especially when Starmie's attack is redirected yet again and Razz manages to touch the buoy before she does. Taking a deep breath from her breathing device, Skyler follows right after. Concentrating her frustration on trying to win this.

Starmie is fast. It manages to roll out of the way of the Hydro Pump for the most part. Its jewel glows a bright crimson as it uses PSYCHIC to try and slow down the Empoleon. At the same time, Kingdra zooms forward, its snout spewing out an ICE BEAM at the Sharpedo Razz is riding. Perhaps hoping to freeze one of its fins.

1AJMv4L5

starmie uses psychic
kingdra uses ice beam