awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 2:02:28 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
A few weeks back, Oscar had approached to take a look at some blueprints he had acquired from Silph industries. They had plenty of time to plan and dream of how to make this mysterious object a reality, and it was finally time to start changing the fucking world. If all went well, this invention would be exactly the big move Oscar had been waiting for.

Oscar was in the workspace he had rented within the Rocket labs, waiting for Lulu to arrive so they could begin. He had one of the large monitors attached to the walls displaying a 3-d rendering of the blueprints he had mocked up by his engineering team, and was cycling through it while he waited. Looking upon it now made the creation of this device seem so--impossible. It was such a convoluted machine, it would take a miracle to get it working properly.

Luckily Oscar had the next best thing: Ms. Flint.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 16:44:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
There was the chirp of an alarm and the clang of a tool hitting the stone floor of the lighthouse. “Shit.”

She hated to pull away from her work, but the rest of the world functioned on a schedule, which meant she couldn’t often collaborate through odd hours of the night.

The bright flash of Gardevoir’s TELEPORT would place her nearby in the labs, so that, right on time, the click of her heels sounded around the corner like the tick of a well-adjusted clock.

“Mr. Clayton. Good morning.”

Was it morning?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 23:34:27 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As Lulu approached, Oscar had gotten lost within the device's blueprints. He was so deep in thought that her greeting would end up scaring him silly. "Ahh! Fuck! What? Oh, hey Lulu." Oscar zoomed out of the 3d render, providing a full view of the perpetual motion device. Oscar sighed as he turned his body completely toward Lulu. "Hope you're ready for an ordeal, we have a problem already.

Oscar walked over to a nearby workbench, pulling out some graphing paper and retrieving a pencil. He began to sketch part of the device, pointing to it as he finished. "The Silph designers did a good job with the concept but couldn't figure out the execution. I've mulled it over and I have a general idea what to do but here's the issue. I'm gonna be able to get the thing running, but how can we keep it running without burning out after a few hours? For the generators, coolant chambers should be easy enough to attack but if we want to use this for more compact devices we're gonna have to figure out something else."

Oscar leaned on the work bench, waiting for Lulu's input.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 0:21:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 15:51:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her brows raised at his reactiveness. she might’ve asked if he were alright, or why he was feeling so jumpy, if she didn’t know firsthand how deeply one could become lost mulling over things like this. she often had similar responses to interruptions, expected or otherwise. it was like being pulled out of a vacuum all at once, with the flip of a switch.

a problem? this was not the ‘good morning’ she’d been looking for, but it was her purpose here to figure out the nonsense, wasn’t it?

“hm,” she hummed neutrally, watching as he went over to sketch. once he’d finished, she looked it over for a while, pacing with a few clicks on the sub’s metal floor.

finally, “i’ll need some time with this. give me three weeks? i’ll have some ideas drawn up for you.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 19:39:25 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nodded at Lulu's response. He turned toward the screen and enlarged the model of the device itself. Oscar folded his arms and leaned on the workbench as he addressed Lulu. "Like I said, getting the device going will be easy. Keeping it going will be the challenge. Or at least, it was. Thanks to the laws of thermodynamics, devices like these were originally impossible. Energy cannot be simply created, only redirected until it runs out. A device like this can't work without power being continuously cycled into it by an outside force. Until now that is, with infinity energy this machine should be able to move indefinitely since the energy itself is self-restoring. Overheating however is our biggest obstacle."

Oscar stared off into space for a moment, analyzing every point in the machine's structure. "If we can just figure that out..." Oscar shook his head, "Thank you for appearing today, but yes we should reconvene in three weeks. Hopefully I'll have some work of my own finished by then." Oscar kicked off the workbench and stepped forward. 

Before fully immersing himself within the model again, he turned his head toward Lulu. "And thank you for helping me with this Lulu. We're making history here--again."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 1:01:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her eyes rose to the screen. a wheel, maybe overbalanced in some way—or maybe it wasn’t necessary at all. she wondered about the inner workings. perhaps as long as the materials were the right quality, and circuitry was immaculate, overheating could be avoidable. degradation could be a nonissue.

she looked down at the blueprint in her hand and then took out her phone to take a picture. a small smile curled.

“always happy to help, oscar.”

what would history mean for long anyways?

she pocketed the phone and handed back the draft. “i'll be in touch.” she began to turn, but before she left, she paused.

“actually, do you know where i could find a heatran? i'm aware there are at least few in the region.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 21:03:14 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar tossed Lulu an Ultra ball without hesitation, barely looking away from the monitors. "Use mine. It needs something to do anyway. Just make sure it comes back in one piece." With that, Oscar turned all of his focus toward working on the machine.

3 Months Go By

Oscar had responsibilities both within and outside of Rocket, so he had to rely a lot on his team of engineers work on the prototype. He appeared in the labs about once a week to gauge progress and provide feedback, even tweaking parts of the machine himself when he felt compelled. A lot happened for Oscar during this period, but he always had the machine to fall back on. In an odd way it kept him centered, having a long term goal to work towards dissipated a great deal of periodic stress. 

There was a point, however, in which Oscar became annoyed with the bulkiness of the machine. For the Infinity Generators it probably won't be hard to integrate, but it was far too large to be used with smaller appliances (which is where they were starting). Two months in, Oscar came into the lab and scrapped the work his team had done so far. He presented them with a new design he had worked on, one that could be much more easily fitted into small spaces. He sent the design to Lulu as well, through he personal Rocket email.

In the email he stated: "Made a more compact design using the Silph model as a springing off point. Uses magnets for motion, perpetuating the energy stored in the center capsule. Can be made to be either vertical or horizontal depending on what it's attached to. Has the same problem as the other design though, needs coolant. See you soon?"

As Oscar sent that email, he felt a bit odd. He had worked closely with Lulu for a good chunk of time, not seeing her for so long made him feel a tad melancholy. Hopefully their schedules will align for a meeting in the near future.

Oscar's team got to work on the new prototype, while Oscar waited to hear back from Lulu on her progress.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:51:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she was surprised to receive the loaner heatran, clearly evident by the grin that spread uncontained across her typically steely face. oscar was one of the few that had a knack for bringing it out of her.

“you’re a wonderful man, oscar.”

she left, to begin her tests.

3 months went by, and eventually, the stars did align for contact—at least via an email. they were both rather busy people, after all.

she responded,

LOOKS GOOD SO FAR. STILL WORKING ON THE COOLANT BUT INVESTIGATING PROPERTIES OF CASTFORM AS AN ANTIFREEZE. WILL KEEP U UPDATED.
a second email followed.

sorry for the caps
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 2:47:36 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Castform as coolant? An interesting concept, Oscar was unsure what Lulu had in mind but anything and everything was worth trying to reach success. Oscar replied:

Very intriguing, I'm looking forward to what you come up with. Keep me posted, best of luck.

Oscar took a more hands-on role over the next month, causing him to pull away from all other duties. After all, the device needed to be working by the time Lulu was ready. Once Oscar's new design was finished, he would immediately move on to testing.

Test 1: The device spun faster than calculated, and fell apart. Shrapnel went everywhere, one sharp bit of metal nearly slicing Oscar's ear. The machine was in shambles and needed to be rebuilt. It took less time than assumed since the pieces were undamaged but it was still inconvenient.

Test 2: The device maintained top speed without falling apart, but as predicted it quickly became far too hot. When the test was stopped and the device was examined, Oscar would find that many of the parts within had melted. It took weeks to replace them and get the device back in decent condition.

Test 3: Oscar quickly realized that top speed tests were doomed without coolant, so he decided to try something else. He sought to find the lowest possible speed that will still generate power. With some trial and error, he managed to find that exact point. He increased the speed bit by bit, noting when it began to heat up. Eventually he found an equilibrium, a speed that could generate a small amount of energy and not cause the device to overheat as quickly as before. However, it was far from optimal. The power generated at this speed could only power a device for a few hours, nowhere close to the infinite uptime Oscar was striving for. Perhaps it still had a use though...

Oscar went to retrieve Genesect, who was currently being studied by . Priam claimed that he would be working with , but as Oscar picked Genesect up he quickly realized that Priam had fibbed. Instead he had taken the liberty of painting flames onto Genesect, which it didn't seem opposed to. Though to be honest it probably couldn't tell what was going on around it half the time. Oscar swallowed his initial rage, because it really did look bad ass and he knew it would grow on him eventually.

Oscar brought Genesect back to the lab and shut it down. He opened up its top, revealing its outdated power source fused with grey organic matter. The power source itself would need replacing eventually, but for now it would have to do. Oscar spent several hours installing the perpetual motion machine to Genesect's power source, ensuring that the machine could help generate some extra power for the war machine. He then tested it, keeping Genesect on for training to see how long its battery would last. To his surprise, its battery life was extended to several hours. Even using the usually energy intensive Techno Blast did not seem to inhibit its energy. However, Genesect still ended up shutting down once its power was exhausted, making this a temporary solution at best.

More developments would need to be done, but for now Genesect was ready for its first real mission: joining Oscar to infiltrate the Tree of Life.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 19:36:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she entered the lab, coffee not in hand this time. without it, she felt her attention scatter—especially more than normal, which was why she’d forgotten it in the first place.

oscar was soon located, and she approached with mounting curiosity upon seeing genesect. with its hood opened up, it was more difficult to see its flaming paintjob, but she did glimpse it. upon this first take, she wasn’t fond of the cheesy design, but it would grow on her.

she greeted him in the typical way.

”oscar.”

a smile, as she drew even closer to peer at the inner workings of the glorious machine.

”i’ve been wanting to get a look at this… is genesect why you’re building the perpetual motion machine?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 21:14:24 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar looked up as Lulu spoke his name, returning her smile before turning back to Genesect. "Hello there Lulu, you're just in time to watch Genesect's checkup." Oscar grabbed a pair of tweezers from the table he was using to examine Genesect, and used it to remove some intrusive organic matter blocking vital electronics. 

Oscar continued working as he answered Lulu's question. "The perpetual motion machine was originally just for the generators, but Genesect is what inspired me to make a compact version for smaller appliances. His battery is archaic, and far too restrictive for its potential." Oscar put down the tweezers, having finished Genesect's maintenance. However he kept Genesect open so that Lulu could take a closer peek inside. 

As he removed the vinyl gloves from his pale hands, Oscar would provide his own question. "How goes your coolant journey? Any progress?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 8:53:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she watched closely, eagerly. she wanted desperately to get her hands on it, but oscar was an engineer. to her great respect, but also a trace of disappointment, he seemed to have this element under control.

eyes never looked up from their marveling, even at the mention of the coolant. she was utterly transfixed on the bug’s inner workings. ”i’m eager to see how well it performs.”

at his question of progress, she responded,

”yes, actually. was able to discover a type of organism within the flesh of castform that causes it’s adaptational abilities. i’m in the engineering phase, now.” she paused. ”sorry i haven’t emailed yet.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 23:01:05 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nodded as he listened to Lulu, glad that she was making progress. He had no doubts of course, Lulu had to be the smartest person he knew. If anyone could find a solution, she could. "I really owe you one Lulu. I think for Genesect I'm gonna try to use Never-melt Ice. Ever heard of it? It's a rare kind of ice that--well y'know never melts. There isn't enough Never-melt in the world to cool the generators though so your research will be important."

Oscar closed up Genesect, who came to life instantly. It uncoiled its body fully, hanging its legs off the side of the operating table. It looked to Lulu quizzically, turning its head as it examined her. She held a strange darkness, but it wasn't the corruption Genesect was programmed to destroy. For now she would be spared. Oscar patted Genesect on the dome, "Thanks for stopping by Lulu, but Genesect and I have a wax appointment. Feel free to visit any time." With that, Oscar and Genesect would take their leave.

More time will pass, and events would take place that forever altered Oscar Clayton. First came the Ever Grande incident, in which Oscar's claydol turned into an eldritch monstrosity and he would end up breathing in its toxic vapors. His lungs would never quite feel the same after that. Then came the fateful Tree of Life journey, in which Oscar would briefly have his DNA scrambled to obtain the powers of a Gyrados before having it scrambled again to turn back. Ever since that day he would develop a chronic cough that no amount of cold medicine would be able to repress. The worst of it came during his experimental M.A.G.M.A. treatment, which failed to give him avatar powers but did a great job of completely assaulting his body. By the end of it all, Oscar would be a shell of the man he once was.

When their next meeting date arrived, Oscar would request for Lulu to come to his power plant office instead. Oscar found it rather difficult to travel long distances these days. 

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 8:35:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
never-melt ice. ”clever,” she smiled.

when genesect was reassembled, she stood her ground, staring curiously at the nature of its movements, studying its apparent awareness. it was alive.

they hadto leave, then. an oil appointment. ”oh.”

her eyes continued to follow the genesect, longing to know the particular recipes that went into its terrifying makeup. soon. the answers were right around the corner, she was sure of it.

”i’ll keep in touch, oscar.”

she wouldn’t, until their next meeting. it wasn’t intentional, there was just a lot going on. for instance, she, too, had experienced a scrambling, during which she had sprouted many eyes around her head and began levitating. she got better, presumably.

hopefully.

oscar’s request to meet at the plant was a first. her work’s focus had drifted away since its conception. she took her time through the halls, attention catching on new features as she made her way to his office. there, she checked in, or knocked if there was no need.