awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 22:28:21 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Lulu would have to find her own way to the door to Oscar's office. Oscar had put his secretary elsewhere, feeling much more at ease being alone in his misery. Well not completely alone, as Lulu would soon find out. Once she knocked, she would hear a loud metallic wrenching as the door opened. On the other side would be Genesect, who stared at her with indifference. That was the closest thing to a pleasant greeting that the killer robot was currently capable of.

Genesect walked away from the door, allowing Lulu to enter at her leisure. Once inside the first thing she would see was Oscar laying in a small single bed, which was haphazardly placed in the middle of his office. The other lounge furniture was pushed against the walls to make room. Oscar looked--not great. He had always been pale but currently he looked nearly transparent. His veins were dark, visibly stretching across his exposed arms like vines circling a tree. He had bags under his eyes that went so deep that you would swear his eye sockets were getting wider. He was not dead, but he seemed to not be long for this world. 

A chapped smile crossed Oscar's face as he saw Lulu. "Hey, good to see you." His voice was hoarse, filtered by his eternally sore throat. The act of talking triggered Oscar into a brief coughing fit, and as it settled down he motioned Lulu to enter. "Close the--ahem--door behind you please." If Lulu happened to look to the handle of the door as she closed it, she would find the knob to be smashed inward--which would explain how Genesect opened it without fingers. That scamp.

Oscar harshly cleared his throat, "Um, we'll talk about the perpetual motion machine but um--I'd really like to address, y'know this." Oscar wearily lifted an arm to motion to himself. "How involved were you in the M.A.G.M.A. project?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 4:57:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
no secretary. she found it odd, but didn’t dwell on it, striding for the door anyways. when it creaked open, she almost jumped at genesect there on the other side. this must have been vaguely how had felt when darkrai answered the door at her lighthouse.

”hello,” she greeted. it might’ve sounded like a response to oscar. genesect was a fascinating work of art. fine galarian paintings could scarcely compare to its mechanical design and innovation.

at oscar’s request to close the door, her attention rose to the bed in the center of the room. she blinked.

”sure.”

the door shut, and she approached, stopping well short of the foot of the bed. her stare was flat, void of expression. ”...” she wasn’t good at things like this, and she had guessed things like this were going to happen.

”i oversee many projects to a degree in the labs, but as you know, biotech isn’t my wheelhouse. in terms of the raw science behind MAGMA, my understanding is limited.” but she’d had to undergo her own MAGMA experiment, with the gun, alongside . she’d experienced the pain, the loss, but no lingering side effects—at least, that she could detect.

she had little interest in further exploring.

”i take it you’ve become more familiar.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 12:46:47 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar stared off toward the Zapdos mural on his wall, a drab reminder of better times. "You could say that." Oscar coughed, covering his mouth with his arm. Genesect watched silently as its master put his deterioration on full display--that was all it could do.

As Oscar recovered and shook his head. "I apologize. As you can see things aren't going well. My MAGMA treatment, along with other factors I can't yet wrap my head around, had unforeseen side effects."

Oscar looked somberly to Lulu has he tried his best to lean forward. Every movement was a struggle. "I'm dying Lulu, that's plain to see. Traditional medicine has failed me, so I must turn to science." Oscar stared at Lulu, who by now should have guessed Oscar's request.

"I need you to keep me alive. I don't know how but I'll try anything. I'll owe you anything and everything just--please."

It was a mix of desperation and trust that turned Oscar to seek Lulu's aid. After all, who else could he turn to?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 4:31:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
to see the beast so weakened and vulnerable was a shame. she didn’t often have such sympathy for people. oscar had been the one to give her that first big chance, though. she recalled the day at the mall, in the coffee shop, and their first interaction.

for her career and all of its successes, she owed him.

however, she was very far from feeling adequate for the job of keeling oscar alive. she took a moment, as she considered what she could do for him, and what names she had to pull from. , who had designed his own prosthetic. , a skilled medical doctor. she would call upon them both soon.

no wasn’t an answer she could give him. not after everything.

”okay.” she nodded. her forehead pinched a little with rare sincerity, and care. sadness, even. ”you don’t owe me anything, oscar. you've done so much for me already.”

”i will figure it out.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 23:16:17 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
She agreed to it, good. Oscar exhaled, all of his stress suddenly leaving his body. He chuckled weakly as he leaned back into his pillow, unable to express how thankful he was. Who knew that a faithful hacking job would lead to one of his most valuable friendships. Lulu was truly indispensable. "Thank you--Lulu." Oscar's body went slack, and within a second he was out cold.

Genesect looked between Oscar and Lulu, suddenly feeling awkward about his master passing out. It took it upon itself to finish the meeting, stomping over to Oscar's bedside table and lightly tapping a television remote. A widescreen behind Lulu would flash on, revealing what seemed to be live camera footage of Mauville's generator. Genesect pointed to the screen, unaware if Lulu knew where to look.

Through the screen she would be able to watch a construction team work on the Infinity Generator. It might be hard to tell what exactly was happening at first, but after watching for long enough she should be able to notice what they were doing. The team was adding on a giant version of the perpetual motion machine, their hard work and development had finally paid off.

Genesect attempted to turn the tv off with the remote again, but his giant pincers could not manage the task a second time. It solved this issue by chucking the remote at the screen, shattering it completely. Genesect nodded, proud of its problem solving abilities. It would then show Lulu out, their meeting was over.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Money Moves [C]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 4:25:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: