awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 5:37:30 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
a ghost, haunting the submarine that Rocket made its base? she would have to investigate. the medical bay was a good place to start, for themes of death and suffering could cause a spike in activity. how many 'useless' grunts had been brought here, only to die? how many Pokémon had they been unable to save? Siobhan had to at least try.

heels clicking against the empty hall, she would check her cellphone. three a.m. on the dot. the witching hour. many believed this was when an entity was most active. she would start here. pushing open the medical bay's doors, she entered. apparently, another person had been assigned to the job as well. though she cannot fathom who it might be. it wasn't like she went out of her way to be engaging.

taking a seat on a chair, she waited.

1/5
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 6:18:26 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

Killian couldn't say for sure that ghosts weren't haunting the sub, but his rats felt like the most likely suspects for Rocket's recent troubles. Things going missing, noises in the walls - it sounded like them. He had trained them to be a nuisance to everyone but him. He chuckled to himself as he made his way to the medical bay.

By the time he got there, Siobhan was ready and waiting for him. He almost felt bad for the poor grunt. Being up at 3 in the morning to investigate something so trivial had to be annoying. He greeted her with a smile. "Good morning, Siobhan." a glance around the med bay revealed it to be empty.

"I'm sorry we've got you up so late. We'll wrap this up quickly so we can both go home."

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
we plot in the shadows & hang out in gallows
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 20:00:23 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
"Greetings, Killian."

she sat more upright at the man's entrance. he was not much older than her, but had risen in the ranks faster than her. recalling Remiel's words about her showing 'potenial', she only hoped to be of use in this job. Siobhan shakes her head. "3 AM is prime time for ghosts of any kind to reveal themselves" she informs him quietly "it is known as the witching hour."

though different scholars assumed as early as midnight, Siobhan would steer toward the highest peak melatonin was released into the dark. it attracted specters easily. the woman gently pushed off the chair. "shall we begin?" musing over what Pokemon to help her, she would call out her Dreepy. the spook had been invaluable in hunting down ghosts lately.

2/5
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 20:14:02 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

"I'm familiar with the term." amongst other folklore related to the supernatural. He eyes Dreepy as it's released, but his attention shifts back to Siobhan when she speaks.

He nods. "Lead the way. I'm just here to watch and see how you do." but he'd help if needed. While they walked through the medical wing, the only logical thing to do was make small talk.

"How long have you been with Rocket, Siobhan?" Killian already knew, of course. As the head of intel, information on grunts was easy to access.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 20:29:45 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
"then I needn't dumb it down for you."

as they began to search the medical bay, she would gloss over the various heavy tomes behind display glass in cabinets. medical textbooks, bought legally due to the funding Rocket received. these were college and university bound books; not cheap print you find at a bookstore in a town.

"a few months" Siobhan would reply to Killian, looking curiously at the wall on the opposite side of the bay. it seemed slightly colder - the air it was giving off was cold, that is "one of ours helped smuggle me into Hoenn." though she hadn't done much 'work' before now.

mostly office jobs, as a lowly grunt. paper and more paper. they had her filing it at the Galarian Embassy, due in part to Remiel Calcifet's influence. "Rocket also paid my student loans off" she informs Killian idly "so I work for them to repay the debt." a hand placed against the wall.

Dreepy leans in as she does, sticking a tongue out. it trills to no one in particular before a roar rocked the bay. an answer. Siobhan continues as if nothing happened. "they recently placed me on 'active duty'..." which meant hands-on experience.

"go after it, Lich" she commands to the Dreepy. it trills again before zipping into the wall, vanishing.

3/5
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 11:49:54 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

She shares what he already knows, but Killian nods like it's news to him. "I see." smuggled like cargo into Hoenn. How dehumanizing.

Her spectral companion finds something lurking in the walls. Is it his rats? An actual ghost? They'll find out soon enough when the Dreepy returns. In the meantime, Killian slides a hand into his pocket. His thumb casually flicks the top of a cigarette pack.

"What were you doing before now?"

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 17:58:41 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
"I was, and still am, a folklorist."

which is why this job was fascinating to her. which is why any job involving ghosts and spooks did. legends and myth were one thing, but seeing it first hand... t'was valuable to her curiosity.

the Dreepy would indeed return, dragging with it a stray Gastly. the impudent ghost would lock eyes with the humans before snarking. the huge tongue rolled from it's mouth and it cackled.

"one mystery solved" she would remark to Killian as Dreepy let go of Gastly. the ghost floated about their heads, not at all put out at the discovery. it was a wild one; maybe it slipped into the submarine by accident.

Siobhan was a bit disappointed there was nothing more to it than that. she would begin to pull out a spare Pokeball, ready to capture and release it on the surface.

4/5
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 22:40:20 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

So it was a ghost, after all. Killian would admit, he was only mildly disappointed it wasn't one of his rats causing trouble.

"Folklorist?" he asked, eyebrow raised in curiosity. "I'm aware of the profession, but I didn't think any existed these days." he smiled warmly.

"Why don't you go take care of the Ghastly. I've got some more business to attend to here in the medical wing." Killian nods to the exit, "Admin business." the kind she wasn't allowed to see.

"We'll talk more later. I'm interested in hearing what you have to say."

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 23:36:09 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
some were always so shocked about her profession. in Hoenn, it was not so farfetched surely? there were legends abound. legendary Pokemon to examine and study. she felt there was no end to the potential this region had. "of course." she says to Killian, giving a curt nod. the Ghastly was promptly captured.

administrative business. like Remiel. perhaps one day if she rose rank, she would be in that elite circle... but why... did she care to? Remiel's face flashed across her mind. "you're mad" he had said once upon a time. yes, she had been. but she didn't know why. not until inklings threatened her reasoning.

"good luck" she calls quietly "I do hope it is not as dull as it seems." was that a joke?

5/5
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 0:03:21 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

Killian waved her off, and once he's sure Siobhan is gone, he whistled. There's a series of squeaks as a swarm of rats scutter out from the walls. They gather around Killian, who looks down at them with a frown.

"Next time, when you see a ghost. Kill it." he shakes his head, "Do I have to grab him?" the rats stiffen and nod. "Good. Now off, go move things around for " he sighed and shoos them away.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[m] residual energy
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 23:49:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: