awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 6:55:51 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Taking another spoonful of his frozen yogurt, Derek could be seen riding piggy-back on his Machamp at the base of Mauville Hills. Having gotten into contact with Shiloh after a visit to her place of work in Lilycove, he texted her about hanging out at Mauville the next day.

The place didn't have much significance to it, other than some recent sightings. Some of the pokemon he'd been interested in catching were being spotted, and that was enough to bring him here. Derek only hoped that Shiloh was as interested as he was, otherwise he'd feel bad for calling her all the way out here for no good reason. She was a nice person, but he wasn't exactly keen of the idea of calling themselves actual friends just yet. It wasn't like they had a decorated history, or shared similar interests. He didn't even know what she liked, or what she didn't...

Except for Team Rocket, anyway.

These pessimistic thoughts were pushed to the back of his conscience once a silhouette that looked like her own began coming closer. A single wave was all he afforded her, though Randal decided to show off by waving with all four of his arms.

@shiloh | duo wild
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 17:55:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"hey, Derek!" she calls, lifting a hand above her head as she nears. always on the hunt for more Pokemon to add to her team, she was quite eager to begin. of course, he was also a nice person which added to the bonus of going catching. alone, she had nobody to talk to. together, they could get to know each other. her first real acquaintance in Hoenn. exciting.

"hi Randal" she says to the Machamp once properly in front of them. Marie was out as per usual; but she also had her Houndour and Eevee at the ready. the Lopunny had been her least experienced Unova League team member; she always felt bad she hadn't given Marie enough attention back then. looking around Mauville Hills, she let out a quiet gasp of awe.

man, she could totally never afford living here. "thanks for the invite today" her attention returns to Derek "my team is a bit too small for my liking."

normal / fairy / ghost
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 21:50:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HAPPINY APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SERENE GRACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWEET KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REFRESH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]@shiloh

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SWABLU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NATURAL CURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MOONBLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 23:05:04 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"I hope that getting here wasn't too much trouble." Derek starts, nodding in agreement to what Shiloh mentions about her team. "You and me both." Now that the pair were able to proceed with the day's activities, their leisurely stroll would bring them upon two cute little pokemon that seemed to be playing together until the trainers arrived.

They didn't seem to take a liking to Derek's Machamp, who was large and scary compared to them. Hopping off his pokemons back, the trainer held a hand to Randal so that they would stay back. "It's okay, we won't hurt you. How about we do something fun instead? Here, climb on." Reaching out with his arm, the hesitance of the Happiny was to be expected. Wondering how to sweeten the deal, Derek decided to offer up his frozen treat.

"You can have this if you do." Like a child, the innocent little pokemon quickly bound for the top of Derek's shoulder, where he quickly began to spoon feed the little one his frozen yogurt. Turning to his Machamp, Derek quickly motioned for them to put him back on their shoulders, which they did.

It didn't take long for the Happiny to forget the treat and begin looking around from it's perch, taking in the many sights around it all at once. "See, it's not so bad up here with us." Derek mentions as he looks over to Shiloh, whose eyes he could tell had been glued to the Happiny's wild Swablu friend.

@shiloh | making a friend (non-capture)
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 23:31:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I could use the exercise" she smirks, not bothered by the hike to the location "was enjoying retired trainer life too much, y'know." she sighs, patting her flat stomach ironically. but back to the Pokémon; yes her eyes glued immediately to Swablu. it was... actually pretty cute how Derek handled the Happiny, but she wasn't going to say that out loud. too embarrassing.

instead, she bends over and crouches before the flying type. the little bird looked crestfallen to have missed out on a treat. she extends a spare cracker to the Swablu, having brought some along to feed the Pidove in the city. it wasn't a frozen treat, but birds loved bread in any form. it trilled happily and takes it daintily. the little beak chewed thoughtfully, finishing it before hopping around her legs.

"aha, liked that, did you?" 

Swablu chirped, nodding. "well, there's more where that came from" another cracker was produced, the Swablu fed. it begin to hop around again, chirping happily. noticing the Pokeballs at her belt, it flapped it's wings and pecked at one. apparently, you could befriend a Pokemon that thought with its belly. being wild meant sometimes they went without food, and being with a trainer...

well, it was better than risking it's life in the wilderness. Shiloh watched as the Swablu was engulfed in the light before straightening.

normal / fairy / ghost - friendship capture of swablu
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 2:19:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DUSKNOIR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GRAVITY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIRE PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHADOW SNEAK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEX

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WHISMUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOUNDPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERSONIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SYNCHRONOISE

[break]
@shiloh CAUGHT SWABLU!

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 4:21:42 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Retrieving a pokeball from it's holster at waist level, Derek slung it to release the Charmaeleon inside just in time to check the advancing Dusknoir that thought it was going to ruin their day. The fire punch that it swung had little to no effect on Apollo, who simply took the brunt force of the attack before returning with a dragon breath.

The move managed to briefly paralyze the Dusknoir, which was soon engulfed by the raging torrent of Apollo's flamethrower. It's burned figure dared to fight further, but even with a well timed shadow sneak, Derek's pokemon didn't seem to care for the trivial injuries it sustained.

"Take it down, Apollo." Nodding in compliance, the Charmeleon took in a deep breath before exhaling an inferno that the wild Dusknoir couldn't help but be caught in. Watching as it collapsed from the extreme heat, Derek sent out his Sobble, Jonesy, who quickly put out the fire with it's water to ensure Mauville Hills remained unscathed. For the most part, anyway...

"Had you scared for a moment, didn't he? Don't worry, you're safe with us." Patting the top of the Happiny's head in hopes of comforting it's unease, Derek peered over at Shiloh who'd had a Whismur cross her path while they were battling.

@shiloh | k.o.'d dusknoir
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 17:44:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
with the Swablu captured, she had little time to react to the presence of the Dusknoir. luckily Derek was here, and he was quicker on the uptake. Shiloh pocketed the Pokeball containing the cotton bird and stared in awe as the fire lizard did battle with the ghost. a Charmander was always one of her favorite starters, and the evolution line was no different.

a Whismur would dart across the field of battle, taking in the sight before a squeak of alarm sent it toward Shiloh's legs. it collided with her and did another yelp before running off into the wilderness. as much "wilderness" as an upscale apartment complex had, that is. "good job" she says to Derek and his Pokémon, glancing at the fainted Dusknoir.

whelp, time to get more Pokemon!

normal / fairy / ghost - skip

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 5:38:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STUFFUL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KLUTZ
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BABY DOLL EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERPOWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALCREMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWEET VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DECORATE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ATTRACT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DAZZLING GLEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATIC MIST

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 0:12:56 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Casually making their way along, a wild Alcremie had been spooked by their approach, causing it to flee into the grass. Choosing not to pursue it, Derek simply laughs while feeding the rest of his yogurt to the Happiny. "You really can't help but scare the little guys, huh Randal?"

The Machamp scoffs a little, turning it's head aside as if it couldn't be bothered by such thoughts. In truth, though, he felt a bit of regret deep down. Randal loved his muscles, but the same couldn't be said for others. It was his life's tragedy, if he ever had one.

Averting his gaze towards Shiloh, he could now see them making their move on a wilf Stufful that crossed her path. "You sure you wanna do that?" He inquires, knowing that mama bear could be anywhere. Maybe even behind them. The last thing they needed was to upset a wild Bewear. Even so, it seemed like Shiloh knew what she was doing, or at least what she wanted.

@shiloh | allows alcremie to escape (skipped)
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 0:46:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"hmm?" she really wasn't sure. Derek had a point, the Stufful's Mama could be anywhere. she stares at the adorably cute Pokémon before sighing. yeah, it wasn't worth risking a Bewear's wrath, taking away it's baby like that. could cause trouble for Mauville as a whole, a rampaging bear. she decides to leave it be.

walking a bit away from the Stufful to make sure the Bewear wasn't nearby and watching, Shiloh went on her way. "good thinking" though disappointed at the loss, she'd rather make sure nothing untoward happened. "I'd rather not assume the Bewear would attack the city, thinking their baby was there." oh well. time to hunt some more.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 20:26:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHUPPET APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]KNOCK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @shiloh

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MINCCINO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TECHNICIAN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AFTER YOU
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL SLAP

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 7:54:11 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"I'm more worried about us. I've seen pokemon being aggressively protective of their young, but Bewear don't even need a reason to start running people down. Don't want to find out what they're like if you catch their kid." Though he still agreed with Shiloh, who seemed to put others before her. Strangers in particular.

"I'm sure you'll find something else that catches your eye." Marching onward atop the shoulder of his Machamp, Derek kept an eye out on their flank while Shiloh focused elsewhere. It didn't take long to spot something, though the wild Shuppet quickly began to run when it realized the trainer was aware of it's approach.

Half tempted to chase after it, Derek decided not to. He didn't want Shiloh to see him pursuing a pokemon just to battle and then leave it unconscious. It wasn't unheard of for trainers to do such a thing, but still, it was behavior he didn't wish for her to see.

"Yeah, I'd run too!" Derek exclaims, the Machamp chiming in with a similar response by shaking it's fists threateningly. As time dragged on the heat of day began to take it's toll, and the Happiny on his shoulders left to cling to the shade of the tall grass. "Take care, you hear?" He'd call out, the pokemon giving a little wave before returning home.

"Hey Shiloh, I think we're gonna call it after the next one. Is that alright by you?"

@shiloh | skipped shuppet
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 20:09:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she nods, agreeing. "well, I got a Swablu so I'm good" the young woman grins, touching the newly occupied ball at her waist "so if you wanna go, that's fine. we can hang out some other time, yeah?" or they could get a drink after this excursion. the weather was almost unbearably humid even in the location they were at. she didn't fault Derek for wanting to leave, considering he was having about as much luck as she was.

story of her life. Shiloh Vale never got very lucky. she knew enough to take matters into her own hands and form her own connections, bonds and fate. but she still wasn't strong enough for solo gigs. a Minccino darts across their path, startled but then rushes before she could react to its presence. oh well. it was cute but she wasn't going to force it into a Pokeball. "one more sweep'll do it" she says to Derek "let's hope for something good!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
serendipity [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 5:21:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GREEDENT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHEEK POUCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COVET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BULLET SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COUNTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPER FANG

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GARDEVOIR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TRACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISARMING VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FUTURE SIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IMPRISON