1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 0:51:05 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
He’d just finished up one, and was on to the next battle. After witnessing two dragons deck it out in the sky, he decided it was time for birds. His Archeops had yet to see any action, and a new Skarmory needed the experience.

The pokeballs were tossed up, releasing the fossil and steel types respectively to the air. They squawked and screeched, and flapped in front of the man on the other side of the field, awaiting the inevitable reveal of opponents—and clearly eager.

“I don’t have a ride up there. You cool with stayin’ on the ground?”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 5:50:53 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

A sky battle, interesting choice, though he himself didn’t really have flying type pokemon. Thankfully though he didn’t need to as most pokemon of his had the ability to float in the air. He tosses out a few pokeballs to all out his pokemon. The ghostly duo looked back to their master as he pointed up to indicate where their battle would take place. [break][break]

”That is fine, but can you order your pokemon from back then?” he simply questions as Pryde gives a snap. Froslass starts the battle attempting to use WILL-O-WISP on skarmory, while Chandelure follows up with FLAME BURST.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Froslass uses WILL-O-WISP on skarmory
[break]+ Chandelure uses FLAME BURST on skarmory

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 21:31:31 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Spooky. Pryde had some strange, similar air about him. Froslass and Chandelure were some of the more unnerving Pokemon out there, and it showed in the faces of some of those that surrounded their battle. Even Bo’s typically unbreakable smile wavered a little.

His attention was drawn back to the man, and it was checked, teeth reflecting sunlight. “Yeah! Of course! Well—one of ‘em won’t need my help much!” Even with Skarmory’s lack of experience, Archeops would lead the way.

Two fire attacks went for Skarmory first—and they hit. WILL-O-WISP came to BURN its blades, holding in the heat painfully. It was only amplified by a FLAME BURST. Skarmory found itself badly injured right of the gate, and Bo, too, was shocked.

Archeops squawked, and while Skarmory took a moment to recover from its wounds, it went to avenge its teammate with great anger. Beelining in the air towards the Froslass, its INEFFECTIVE THRASH would go to hit anything it could make contact with.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 9:08:32 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Divide and conquer that was the goal here. And with both attacks striking the steel pokemon. Hopefully as long as they kept up the team attack they could take out one easy. Afterward focus on the other. [break][break]

As the skarmory looked too injured to properly fight back the fossil pokemon tried to go at them with a NORMAL attack of all things. ”I’ll assume them to be the one in need of aid, as using a normal attack on a ghost pokemon demonstrates a level of ineptitude that borders on the imbecilic,” he insults offhandedly as if it meant nothing.[break][break]

Which to him, it didn’t. [break][break]

The THRASHING body of the Archeops simply goes through Froslass as if it were nothing. Raphael whistles to not let up. Froslass’ eyes glow red as she uses HEX on the steel pokemon, knowing that since they were burned it would hurt that much more. Whereas Chandelure came in with INFERNO to follow up.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ THRASH doesn't effect Froslass
[break]+ Froslass uses HEX on skarmory
[break]+ Chandelure uses INFERNO on skarmory

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 23:24:16 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo glared from across the field. What the hell? Imbecilic. Who the fuck was this guy? Ghosts suited him. He was a bit on the strange side.

“Uh… Whatever, dude, they don’t normally fight ghosts.”

Bo shrugged it off.

“No more of that!”

“Shit.” He muttered, then, as Skarmory dropped to the ground—hit by a HEX, and succumbing to its burns immediately. FAINTED. A red beam drew it back to its pokeball, and the Archeops screeched in anger, attempting to create some distance this time.

ANCIENT POWER, Archeops!”

A glow from its beak rose rocks from the ground and hurled them with mysterious force towards the Froslass.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 7:31:05 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

‘Lloyd’ ignored the other’s look. If he had to guess it was probably something bordering on annoyance with him. He didn’t care though, it wasn’t like the other was one of them as far as he knew. “Then it would be a failure on your part then hmm?” he questions as he gives an amused chuckle as he jests. Though whether he was laughing with or at was up in the air. [break][break]

His smile widens as his pokemon’s combined efforts take the Skarmory down. Now there was just one left. At the rocks Froslass uses PROTECT to create a shield around herself and avoid damage. Where his Chandelure uses ACID ARMOR to bring up it’s defense.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Froslass uses PROTECT/i]
[break]+ Chandelure uses ACID ARMOR

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 9:34:14 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo pursed his lips. He supposed he had a point, but what a way to point it out. His chin inclined a bit, head tilting in a way that was starting to understand that this man wasn’t friendly—not that there’d been much doubting that to begin with.

“Guess so, man. I just figured I’d let ‘em have at it this time.”

Yet again, Archeops was left to its own devices. Still targeting the Froslass, it went to try and deliver a DRAGON CLAW, talons aglow with its energy.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 11:02:09 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

“If that's how you want to do things,” Raphael just shrugs, he wasn’t going to judge the other much for it. He had plenty of failures before this battle. Though if nothing else this was showing that his touch was coming back. [break][break]

Even if only a little. [break][break]

He gives a whistle for his pokemon after the DRAGON CLAW connects though she was going to take her chance with them being close. Using ICE SHARD to strike, while the fire ghost goes in with INFERNO.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Froslass is hit by DRAGON CLAW
[break]+ Froslass uses ICE SHARD/i]
[break]+ Chandelure uses INFERNO

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 21:20:12 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Unfortunately, Archeops DEFEATIST ‘ability’ meant that its attacks were decreasing in power as the battle went on. With each hit, the bird seemed to become less and less confident. They were back it into a corner quite successfully.

The attacks would be too much. They would surely take out the bird, so before they could meet its body, the red glow of his pokeball withdrew it back.

This match was done.

“Congratulations.” He called over. “Good battle, man.”

His lips pressed into a flat, almost forced smile. Not because of the loss, or even that one particularly unfortunate move, but because this dude didn’t really seem like that nice of a guy.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 1:45:28 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

He said he wasn't judging him earlier. Though it seems like he was going to go back on that as the other trainer withdrew his pokemon before the battle was done. 'Lloyd' almost looks offended at the action, what type of coward was he dealing with? [break][break]

"You're just going to quit just like that?" he ask rather than taking the win so easily. While both knew based off circumstances what was going to happen, it was still rather annoying to be denied.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 3:17:04 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
“Well… yeah, man. Know when to fold, and all that, right?”

He crossed his arms over his wide chest, tattooed knuckles curling around his elbows.

“You've got a strong team. I brought the wrong match. No sense in making Archeops take more of a beating when I know I've lost. Those last two moves would’ve taken him out, for sure.”

He didn’t mention Archeops own DEFEATIST plight. It was sort of embarrassing, but the bird had deserved to see some action despite it.

“Guess we’ll just need to train around more ghost-types. Got any tips?”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 4:38:55 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"There is knowing when to fold them, and then there is quitting, what you just demonstrated was the act of a quitter," he would know, Pryde played poker on the regular. Either way the Rotom Ref has now declared 'Lloyd Kvar' the winner. [break][break]

There is a chuckle as he's asked for advice. Though he wasn't really much of a teacher anymore. But sure he'll give some advice, "I'd avoid it if I were you, ghost pokemon tend to make victims of those who have a weak resolve, if your mind isn't strong enough to get through their tricks," he taps his own head as if to make a point, "You might not wake up the next day" [break][break]

This was good advice right?

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 6:06:45 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo didn’t know how to take Pryde’s criticism, but he tried to maintain a smile and some semblance of his dignity. He said nothing at first, because what do you say to that?

He nodded in acknowledgement to the referee and then golden eyes returned to the dark-demeanored man across from him.

His brow furrowed more as he put together what the older man was getting at. Had he just called him stupid?

“Okay.” He shook his head, not having the energy to argue, and looking around to make sure he’d gathered all of his things. Picked up a drink waiting at the ground and tested it for sand.

“Well. Great advice. Thanks. I have some for you too, if you're interested.”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 11:27:39 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

For the briefest of moments, Pryde wonders if the other understood his advice. Made clear the dangers of some ghost pokemon. But then he remembered that he didn’t care. Not for the words of a quitter. [break][break]

He’ll give the other a shrug, “Why not? Indulge me with your wisdom,” he wasn’t really interested, but who knows.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 11:41:46 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo wasn’t typically one to do things like this, but what the heck.

Taking a clean sip of his drink, he lowered from the hip and at the knees and looked Pryde in the eyes. “If you bend over a little bit like this, it’ll make it a whole lot easier to pull that stick out of your ass.”

Raising back up, he gave a finalizing nod, smiled, and then began to head in the other direction.

“Good luck, sir.”