part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
amor & sam vs. npcs! [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 13:46:04 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

tag battle

vs

Sam walked up to the middle of the field with his capsules at the ready. It was in the midst of the battlefield the four trainers stood, waiting to be paired. Sam's name was drawn with an NPC we'll name Francie. The man across from him was tall, long silver hair, and was much taller than him. Like, so much.

"..." he was mildly distracted and had to pull himself back together quickly to prove himself the gentleman he was raised to be. He shook hands with the opponent across from him, ignoring his hair for now.

"I'm Sam Carter. Good luck."
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 13:31:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
[attr="class","gold"]words
[attr="class","gold"]notes
ulla
[attr="class","sun"]One by One
I'm addicted to the panic
His next opponent was a unique one as Amor had to find a tag team partner, but he didn't have to look hard as he simply called Walter his butler to come with him to fight. He noticed that one of his opponents had been staring at him, and he wondered if they were checking him out, or checking him out. It was hard to tell sometimes, but he wasn't offended no matter which one it was, and he just waved at him. Amor knew who he was, Sam Carter, the care taker of Mt. Pyre, the one who oversaw the graves of the dead. It was an admirable position, and one that Amor could respect, though he doubted that his opponent knew who he was, still it would be interesting what kind of Pokemon he would use, though Amor had an idea.

"I'm Amor, and this is my butler, Walter...We've decided to try, and take you on today, good luck to you as well.." There was confidence in his voice, but it wasn't arrogant. Amor was making sure to pay his due respect to the caretaker. It was the least he could do. "Alright Walter...Let's show them what we've got!" Stating that Amor took out one of his Pokeballs, and released his Aerodactyle, Veritas. His butler, Walter, sent out a Machamp, and the two Pokemon waited on their side of the field for what their opponents would send out to combat them.

"It has been some time since I've had to battle seriously...Do take it easy on me..." Walter said though Amor knew much better than that. That was definitely a lie, Walter trained rigorously everyday it was why you could tell he was so muscular through his attire, and the fact that even though his goatee, and hair were silver, he still had a somewhat youthful appearance. Walter was probably the most dangerous man that Amor knew.

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .gold]opacity:1;transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=La Belle Aurore]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 13:49:20 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

Sam glanced at his partner and then back at the man, woman??, with long silver hair.

"This is a trainer that signed up and got pinned with me."

Francie gave an excited sort of laugh, long blonde hair and short stature might have lead many to believe she was just some cute little fairy trainer. However, the boots, heavy duty jeans, loose fitted explorer's shirt, and cap might give them a bit of a hint as to her not being so stereotypical.

"I'm Francie Myrtle! It's nice to get a chance to participate!" She turned then to her partner and gave him a high five. "Let's GOOOOOOO!!!"

As said partner twirled in a circle and fled toward the side of the arena they were to be on, Sam followed at a cool and level-headed pace. They were a comical contrast to say the least, even as they threw out their two pokémon.

Francie released a dusk lycanroc, who gave a bark and immediately entered a battle stance. Released his gardevoir, who gave a twirl before sharply throwing her hands down. She hovered above the ground a few inches, her dress cascading around her.
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 13:25:02 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
His opponents seemed enthusiastic enough, but he would see how long that lasted. The other trainer introduced themselves as Francie Myrtle, and they were far more exuberant than Sam was. Though he wondered if that was just because he was melancholy due to the nature of his work. Regardless it was none of his business to pry he was here to battle, and that is what he was going to do. When they sent out their pair of Pokemon it was an odd combo, Amor thought. A rock type, and a Psychic, Fairy mix. This was going to be a bit tougher than he thought, but that all depended on how they used their combinations. Amor was taking a chance on that his, and Walter's synergy would be able to overcome the type advantage they posed against them. Though he could very well be wrong, it would all depend.

"Well if you don't mind...We'll take the first move." Amor stated to his opponents since they got to pick their Pokemon second, he, and Walter would make the first moves. Both of their choices were troublesome to deal with, but if he had to single one out it would be the Gardevoir. It's typing made it a huge pain to deal with, and it was strong enough to deal with Machamp on it's own, so that would be their first target. "Veritas, Iron Head!" He commanded his Aerodactyle who sprang into action immediately flying towards the Gardevoir as fast as it could.

"Shiva, use Poison Jab!" Walter commanded his Machamp who rushed the Gardevoir at the same time, his fists glowing a sickly purple as he charged them up with poison energy. Both of these attacks were super effective against it's fairy typing, but they still had no clue what sort of moves it had, and thus they had to gamble their first move, but it wouldn't be a big deal.

Amor knew though that despite the fact that they were both targetting the same Pokemon, that the Lycanroc wasn't going to just stand idly by. So whenever it made it's move, they would gather more information on their opponents. Hopefully at least one of their attacks would hit, and deal some damage. Brushing a few strands of his silvery hair from his face as he kept his focus on the battle that was about to start before him, he couldn't help, but be a little excited at being able to battle with Walter. It was something they never got to do before.

Battle Breakdown: Machamp used Poison Jab on Gardevoir. Machamp has No Guard (All attacks it makes hit, and all attacks against it hit as well. Can discuss in DM's if needed!)
Aerodactyl used Iron Head on Gardevoir

Machamps Moveset for the future! No Guard (Ability)- Poison Jab, Protect, Dynamic Punch, Bulk Up, Revenge, Cross Chop

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 14:13:36 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

"Double Team!"

Francie called out first, watching as the two pokémon began tag teaming her partner's pokémon. She puffed out her cheeks and put her hands on her hips like a scolding older sister.

"Hey! That's not very nice, ganging up on somebody like that!!"

"Gardevoir can take one of those hits," Sam informed his partner. "But the the other will miss when I command her to move. If done correctly, it will leave Lycanroc an opening-- use it well."

Francie watched Sam's strategic mind at work and she nodded, affirming his strategy. He'd spoken so low she almost didn't hear him, but that was smart. It meant he was concealing their plan from their opponents.

"Keep your eyes open Louie!"

"Teleport."

The command was given right as that POISON JAB nailed her, but she'd cupped her hands around it. Although that would cause her to be POISONED, it would also give her the ability to take most of the damage in stride before teleporting herself and that machamp away from the lycanroc and aerodactyl, across the battlefield.

It was unclear in how her body started to glow in what attack she would use next. It could be a physical attack, or it could be a healing attack-- all that was clear was that the energy was no doubt forming.

LOUIE
- uses DOUBLE TEAM; i'd like this to mean we roll for hits, but iirc amor's supposed to win anyway so it's fine either way LOL

GARDEVOIR
- hit by POISON JAB
- is POISONED
+ used TELEPORT; she and the machamp are now across the field, away from the other two pokémon.

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 11:32:49 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
The Lycanroc used Double Team in order to confuse them, but they weren't going to be dissuaded from their target so easily. Veritas had been trained better than that, and Shiva was a pokemon of discipline, and focus much like his trainer. So when his Poison Jab smashed into the Gardevoir, and the poison worked it's magic he was about to ready his next move before they were both teleported away. Segregating him from his partner, but that wasn't an issue for him. In fact it was better this way, with the Gardevoir out of Veritas's way, the Aerodactyl would be able to make quick work of the Lycanroc. Or so he hoped that little wolf had duplicated itself, so it would take some time to get to the real one. Though his opponent was right in front of him so he wasn't going to waste time. He knew that his next move would barely have any effect in damage, but that wasn't what he was after.

"Dynamic Punch!" Walter commanded his Machamp, and with his three free fists they began to glow with a yellow aura, and he attempted to smash them into the Gardevoir. Of course if it was successful, the Gardevoir would take the minimum amount of damage, but it would be confused, and that is what he was really after. With it confused, there was a chance for it to hurt itself, it's ally, or use a move that it's trainer didn't want it to. On top of the poison it was suffering this was the best scenario.

"Veritas, use Iron Head to find the right one!" He commanded his Aerodactyl whose skull began to gleam with silvery energy before he began to crash into the clones. Finding the nearest one, and smashing into it with his head, it wasn't the real one, but that was okay that just meant he had more to bash into. Roaring proudly as he hovered above the ground, glaring at the multiple Lycanrocs, he hated trickery such as this. It was unbecoming of him to have to fight someone who would resort to such tactics, he wanted a true battle.

Someone that would meet head on, not some coward that would tuck tail, and hide at the slightest sense of danger. That is what Veritas thought to himself, but this was simply another challenge for him to overcome. And overcome it he would.

Battle Breakdown: Machamp used Dynamic Punch on Gardevoir! It has a 100% chance of inflicting confusion if it hits.
Aerodactyl used Iron Head, but hit one of the Lycanroc clones!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 14:04:21 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

"There it is, go!" Francie's words echoed through the arena and right into her dusk lycanroc's ears. It propelled him forward, right as that IRON HEAD hit the ground. It would be close enough that Lycanroc could move in with a CRUNCH, but it didn't aim for a light spot.

No, it aimed for a wing joint, in an attempt to ground it from zipping around in the air or gaining much momentum for its moves.

Sam furrowed his brows as he watched his gardevoir getting her ass handed to her. Truth was, these two pokémon were tough and those two pokémon were also well trained. They had clearly had more battle experience than Sam did, which was shown in how he was coming up rather blank in realms of a counter.

He'd discussed this situation with his gardevoir before. She knew to use a healing move if she had a status condition, but she could normally get away. Seeing the LIFE DEW she used affect not only herself, but the machamp as well, didn't bother Sam. She wasn't using her damage dealing moves on purpose-- better to heal the not even attacked yet and herself to survive another round than to try and deal massive damage and hit the wrong pokémon.

Hopefully, her wits would stay enough with her to keep her from using psychic or moonblast during her state.

LOUIE
+ uses CRUNCH on AERODACTYL's wing joint! (i would assume this would mean doubleteam would wear off? i'm not super sure on how that works, but, DM if you think it shouldn't? i guess LOL)

GARDEVOIR
- hit by DYNAMIC PUNCH
- is POISONED
- is CONFUSED
ROLL 1-50 attacks, result: 93
ROLL for confusion's duration, result: 3
CONFUSION round 1/3
+ used LIFE DEW; not just on herself, but on MACHAMP as well.

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 10:08:22 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
Veritas felt the sting of the bite on his wing the moment the pup decided to pull his little trick on him, but he wasn't going to let him go that easily. No if he wanted to get up close, and personal like this then he would get exactly what he wanted. With his feeble Double Team now nullified due to his attack if only because Veritas could now see where he was dangling from his wing, energy began to form around the Aerodactyl as he forced the pain to not slow him down. It would be fine, he had dealt with worse before, this would be nothing to him, and he began to spin rapidly as he used Giga Impact point blank on the Lycanroc. His feral instincts kicking in, telling him to end this as quickly as possible. Veritas was not a Pokemon that Amor used often simply because when he got into battle he gradually became more aggressive.

Shiva on the other hand was glad that his plan had worked, the confusion status applied to the Gardevoir would make it so that it would stay out of the fight much longer, and with that Veritas could focus on his opponent. With his three fists glowing with that poisonous aura once more, he slammed another Poison Jab into the Gardevoir, it was truly the only move that he had that was effective against it at the moment. Having been in many match ups before this, training with Walter he knew where his strength, and weaknesses lay.

Amor watched as one of his opponents seemed to be floundering on what to do, and he tapped his cheek lightly. Another newbie trainer perhaps? Though with powerful Pokemon like that he had thought that the Gravekeeper would be more experienced, but perhaps his assessment was wrong. Mason was truly the only other person that Amor had thought about teaching, and even then it wasn't like actual teaching. It was more Amor made him understand certain things that he would have a hard time figuring out on his own. The boy was going to be interesting when he got stronger.

"A word of advice Mr. Carter. Whether it's life, or battle, it's always better to try, and act than do nothing at all. Even if it might fail, you should always try." He explained to the other as gently as he could, it was the same advice that he had given Mason when they had met on that random farm, and fought the Beeheeyem. It was advice that Amor truly believed in.

Battle Breakdown: Machamp uses Poison Jab again!
Aerodactyl with Lycanroc still on it's wing uses Giga Impact!
Amor gives advice!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:12:16 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

The very fact that the man had called across the battlefield to scold him had Sam wondering if this guy was older than he looked and thought he was Sam's senior. Who scolds another grown man about his battling? Though, his hair is just as silver as the butler's so...

Either way, the dusk lycanroc was slammed into the ground. While it wasn't very effective it had a high enough power to rattle the lycanroc and let out a yelp.

"You got this Louie!" The enthusiastic blonde called. "Don't give up! Use crunch again, the neck's exposed! Ride that aerodactyl until it surrenders!"

With a growl and some snarling yips, that's exactly what Louie did. He got to his feet and then atop the aerodactyl, using his maul to CRUNCH down on the pterodactyl, holding on and growling menacingly all the while. The goal was to lower the thing's defense enough that a few more bites would take it down.

Sam gave what could be considered a polite smile to the advice given. The TELEPATHY that she had with Sam was her only saving grace. He was showing with emotion and thought what she should do, trying to help her concentrate. He wasn't just idly standing by even if that's what it seemed like.

With her struggle against the POISON JAB, Sam thought perhaps he should ask her to teleport again, but he wanted to keep her away from that giant rock bird and it's prehistoric iron head. Besides, it seemed Francie's dusk lycanroc had it covered on that end.

Instead, he encouraged his gardevoir to ride out the poison and the confusion, even if she really only had a little bit of strength left in her. Sam had trained her in defense, not in offense. So while her attacks wouldn't one hit KO the machamp, the machamp also wouldn't kill her so easily. Even if she was suffering a poison and her own mind was working against her.

Even as she tried to use a DOUBLE TEAM, her body just phased, in and out, mind still dizzy from the punch given and her attempt at her double team failed her, causing her to get that full brunt of that bunch, twisting and hitting the ground.

For the first time since the battle started, Sam showed emotion.

"Shit."

She was down, but he could feel her fight against his worry. She was telling him she wanted to fight, wanted to continue, because she'd felt him think about pulling her back to tend to her wounds. She was a bit of a martyr and he hated her for it, but it complimented how weak his heart truly was for his pokémon. So with her strength, he lowered his hand away from her capsule he'd nearly grabbed to withdraw her.

LOUIE
+ uses CRUNCH on AERODACTYL's neck, an attempt to weaken its defense.

GARDEVOIR
- hit by POISON JAB, it's super effective!
- is POISONED
- is CONFUSED
ROLL 1-50 attacks, result: 98
CONFUSION round 2/3
+ used DOUBLE TEAM but failed and no clones were created.

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 16:12:58 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
The Lycanroc was becoming an annoyance as it tried to climb onto Veritas's back, but he was a flying creature he would simply take to the skies, and he attempted to, but his body felt heavy. That Giga Impact had taken it out of him, he needed a moment to rest, and in that split second the pup managed to get on his back, and snap it's jaws around his neck. A low growl exited the throat of Veritas as he held on tight, making sure that he didn't lower his guard entirely, but he was so tired he couldn't help it. Snarling as he writhed in pain under the teeth of this Pokemon. He was flailing somewhat helpless, but once he got his energy back, this thing would pay for it's transgressions.

Shiva on the other hand had the Gardevoir handled it seemed with the poison eating at her stamina, and the confusion doing it's job he didn't need to bother with her further. She was no longer a threat to consider for the moment, hearing the snarls of Veritas however he made his move. The Lycanroc had wormed it's way up to the back of his companion, and had it's jaws clamped around his neck, and that simply wouldn't do. So Shiva took off full sprint toward the other side of the battlefield leaving the Gardevoir unattended for the moment, and he closed the distance to Veritas. With the Lycanroc hopefully distracted still, he wouldn't see what was about to happen.

Leaping into the air he folded both sets of arms in front of him in twin X's, and came flying towards the Lycanroc using Cross Chop in an attempt to throw him from Veritas, and deal heavy damage to him. With his companion currently not worth anything this was now his task to protect Veritas as his own trainer often protected Amor. It was an interesting sight to watch the Pokemon act like their trainers even though their opponents wouldn't know that. It wasn't lost on Walter, or Amor. The two of these pokemon were going to look out for each other, and the tactic to separate them wasn't good enough unless it took either one of them to an entirely different battlefield.

"Now that is curious...Walter remind me to give you a raise when we are done with this." He spoke easily to his butler. The man beside just ran a hand through his silvery hair, and chuckled a bit.

"We both know I wouldn't accept it, but the thought is appreciated Master Amor..." He stated with a smile, and then went back to his normal professional demeanor. They had effectively neutralized the Pokemon they thought was the bigger threat, so dealing with the pup would be a cake walk.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 17:58:38 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

The moment that machamp ran across the battlefield, the both knew what was happening. They were going to lose, one way or another.

"Louie brace yourself!"

But it was too late. The lycanroc's yelp flew through the air in a high pitch, body flopping and twisting on the ground. When it finally slid to a stop, it was clear that the beast was unconscious, having fainted from the hit.

Gardevoir, left alone on the other side of the field, was fading fast. She wouldn't survive against either, so there was no point in healing herself. She and Sam knew this, but she didn't want to go down without a fight. So in a last ditch effort, she gathered energy in her hands. She held her hands and the energy up, focusing a MOONBLAST at the machamp.

But the poison ate away at her. Whether she managed the hit or not would depend on just how much that confusion affected her, but the poison took its toll, and she gracefully fell to the ground, unconscious as well.

TL;DR

LOUIE
- has FAINTED!

GARDEVOIR
- is POISONED
- is CONFUSED
ROLL 1-50 attacks
VCNKp4lM
CONFUSION round 3/3
+ if roll succeeds, uses MOONBLAST
- GARDEVOIR has FAINTED
is the winner!
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 16:46:16 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
They Lycanroc fell to his Cross Chop, and that freed up Veritas who had been dealing with the pest this entire time. Shiva felt a sense of pride, and he patted Veritas, now with the both of them it was only a matter of time before that Gardevoir expired as well, but that was to come sooner than expected as he didn't see the blast of moonlight energy coming towards him with his back turned, it slammed into him hard. Gritting his teeth had he seen it coming he could have put up a protect, but it was to fast even for his trainer to react to. She had launched it the moment his Cross Chop landed there was no lag time, and from her that was a smart move, and he turned to face her down, severely damaged from the single attack, while she might not have knocked him out in one the damage she could deal was no joke.

However that was when he noticed it, she had fallen from the poison that had been coursing through her veins, thanks to the combination of poison, and confusion he had managed to successfully deal with her, and Veritas had held on long enough for him to defeat the pest of a pup. Covered now in bruises, and the two of them worn down by their opponents, Shiva, and Veritas made their way back over to their respective trainers.

Amor, and Walter pulled out their pokeballs, and returned them both. He walked to the center of the arena that they were in, and held out his hand waiting for the Caretaker of Mt. Pyre to come meet him. A gentle smile on his lips, he didn't want to sound condescending to the other.

"It was a good battle the both of you. Thank you." He kept it short, and concise, fearing that his words might be taken the wrong way if he didn't. After all someone had already accused him of being a prick just for worrying about them.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 1:31:02 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Francie had made her departure, rather quickly, having shaken hands with both the opponents.

It left Sam to tending to the poison in his fainted gardevoir after reviving her. Once she was healed a bit, he put her back in her capsule, and that was when he met Amor in the center of the ring.

"I've been put to the test quite a bit today. But that battle was the first where I really felt the pull of battle, so thank you for that."

Even with he and gardevoir's telepathy, he felt on edge. Seeing her push herself like that. He wouldn't dare say that it felt good, but it was a relief. Seeing her fight was a relief. She'd been such a timid thing as a ralts.
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 18:30:25 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
Walter had already gone back to start dealing with the rest of the days activities for the both of them, and Amor listened to Sam's words about how he had been put through the test alot today. Amor just smiled at him kindly, happy that he had been able to make him feel the pull of the battle as he said it.

"I'm glad I could help you feel such a thing, and I know what you mean by being put to the test. I myself have found some opponents that are troublesome to deal with..." That wasn't entirely the truth as Amor had lost, and won about an even amount thus far, but slowly he would be pulling ahead here shortly, or so he hoped. "When you are in a place with so many varying trainers, and styles of battling you are bound to find those that can push your limits even further than you thought." He said as he stretched out. Of course Amor himself had been more pushed than he cared to admit during this tournament.

"I've fought, and seen many pokemon so far, some of which I thought only existed in legends..." He chuckled a little thinking about the horse that he had ultimately lost against with Zac. Next time they would be stronger, and they would defeat it with their own power. With their own strength they would overcome even the legends of old, and that was something that Amor couldn't wait for. To see the look on their faces when a lowly mortal managed to even bring a God to it's knees. "But I think that is what makes this fun, you learn new things, feel new things, and through it all. You grow as a person, and a trainer." At least that is what he was choosing to do with all this experience.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 18:44:05 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The varying people and styles was a true point. Sam had read a lot and remembered it all. But to have no recollection of anything even close to the meltan that had used against his toxel... well he almost felt bad his toxel had nearly eaten it.

"I've never been one for battle, admittedly. Kanto is where I grew up and had been until about a month and a half ago. Because of that, battle has been a kill or be killed experience. I grew cold to the idea, and sought companionship over battle from pokémon."

Looking around at the stadium, and then back to Amor, Sam placed his hand in his pocket.

"But I've learned over this festival that there are many different facets to battle. Many different twists and turns to them. Battles can be had with good intentions and it does in fact grow the bond between trainer and pokémon."