part of
TAG WITH @irazelle
irazelle graves
wasteland
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 0:39:05 GMT
irazelle graves Avatar
[attr="class","elle"]
[attr="class","elle b"]
[attr="class","elle i"]haunting the parks of rustboro city feels... strange. the freedom to do so is still an odd sensation, as if she's expecting to turn around and see a guard scurrying behind.

except, there's no one. just a girl and a sword.

sunset bleeds in the background, hues of orange and yellow and pink painting the sky. one could almost call it romantic. she doesn't, however. she calls it inspiring, breathtaking, invigorating.

of course, that was probably before she rounded a particular corner... saw a particular face.

it's almost like seeing a ghost, really. it leaves her still, trembling, cold. a hand tightens around the hilt of a sword, white knuckles bare and tense.

"well," she finally breathes out when it's just him and her and the setting sun. "you're the last person i expected to find out here."

is that bitterness she tastes?

[newclass=.elle] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.elle b] color: #9275a3; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.elle i] text-decoration: underline dotted #9275a3; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,536 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
wasteland
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 6:34:56 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy2"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","toptxt"]

[attr="class","lyric"]born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes

[attr="class","name"]remiel calcifet

[attr="class","crown"]the crown prince

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Work at the embassy had been fraught with stress and difficult negotiations. On days like these, Remiel preferred to walk the long way home. This meant going through a park that, albeit lovely and well built, was quite often deserted by sundown.[break][break]

Rounding the corner of a large boulder that opened up into a grassy plateau, however, any relaxation he had managed to build up to that point immediately dissolved at the sight of her. Cobalt eyes gauge her expression and read her cold body language, stark against the backdrop of warm orange hues that painted the sky.[break][break]

was a name he thought he'd left behind in Galar for good. But fate, as often, had other ideas.[break][break]

"I should have been the first. I live here, Irazelle."[break][break]

He narrows his eyes. What game was she playing at?
[break]

[attr="class","tags"]
tagged for
[attr="class","tagtxt"]
— (⊙_⊙)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".remy2"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; color:#000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2"]--accent:#546A95;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/TmDtHsP/remytransparent.png); background-size:cover; height:302px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .main"]background:#fff; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .main i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Heebo';[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 13px/13px 'Playfair Display'; font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .textbox"]font:11px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; padding:30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin-right:10px; transition:1s all; transition-delay:2s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2:hover .icon"]transition:1s ease-in-out; transition-delay:1s ease-out; border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .toptxt"]position:absolute; left:10px; top:115px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .name"]font:63px/40px 'Abril Fatface'; letter-spacing:-2px; text-transform:uppercase; width:350px; break-word:break; padding-left:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .name b"]font-weight:500!important; color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .lyric"]font:9px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; letter-spacing:1px; padding-left:25px; margin-bottom:5px; text-transform:uppercase; padding-left:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .lyric::before"]content:""; border-top:2px solid #fff; padding-left:20px; margin-right:5px; display:inline-block;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .crown"]font:25px 'Abril Fatface'; padding-top:3px; padding-left:45px; color:#fefbfa; letter-spacing:1px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .border"]height:10px; width:250px; background:#000; margin-top:3px; margin-left:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 0px; font:9px poppins; color:#fff; color:var(--accent); border-top:1px solid rgba(100,100,100,0.2); margin-bottom:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags b"]font:bold 10px 'Roboto'; color:#222; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags b::before"]content:""; padding-left:20px; margin-right:5px; border-top:5px solid var(--accent); display:inline-block; transition:1.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2:hover .tags b::before"]padding-left:190px; transition:1.5s all; transition-delay:0.9s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags a"]text-transform:lowercase; font:bold 14px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:10px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; text-transform:lowercase;color:var(--accent)!important; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags a:hover"]color:#000!important; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tagtxt"]font:9px 'consolas'; color:#000; opacity:0.9;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .bottom"]text-align:center; margin-top:-25px; padding-left:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .bottom img"]background:#fff; margin:0px 10px; border-radius:100px; padding:10px; height:45px; filter:grayscale(100%); height:24px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .bottom img:hover"]filter:none; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Poppins|Roboto+Mono|Heebo|Abril+Fatface|Playfair+Display|Heebo]
close tab

played by

nikki

ellie
she/her
november 20th
hammerlocke, galar
bisexual
swordswoman
cadet
built my
guard up.
0 height
0 height
these dreams like ashes.
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @irazelle
irazelle graves
wasteland
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 1:27:08 GMT
irazelle graves Avatar
[attr="class","elle"]
[attr="class","elle b"]
[attr="class","elle i"]there's a coldness that begins in the hands, fingers trembling against steel. it bleeds into the nerves, seeping into the spinal cord and spreading until she swears she can see her breath in soft wisps of cool air. a figment of the imagination, perhaps.

or, better yet, the presence of a ghost thought lost to the corridors of a galarian palace.

the fates twist and weave golden strings, pulling tight like purse strings tugging a wound closed. and then, they snip with rusty, chipped scissors until the wound is jagged and bleeding. such is the karmic cycle, such is the story of irazelle and remiel.

"so?" she bites back, as if his place of residence is little concern of hers. she almost scoffs at the thought. why should she care about what he's up to, what he buries himself in? white knuckles give away fractions of her, little insights into a place kept under lock and key.

"forgive me for being surprised," there's a better choice for words here, sure, but she keeps it polite if only to not offend. her duty as a lady might been abandoned but the teachings still cling to her body like cigarette smoke to clothes. "it escaped my mind."

[newclass=.elle] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.elle i] text-decoration: underline dotted #9275a3; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,536 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
wasteland
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 10:05:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy2"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","toptxt"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The royal's cold eyes narrow in distrust; disbelief. "You're suggesting you didn't know?" Of all the cities, all the regions, in the world, it was simply by chance that she'd chosen his? The one he presided over as Galarian Ambassador? He nearly scoffs at the idea, but manages to keep himself from doing so just barely.[break][break]

After all, they'd both been raised to keep things civil in conversation at all times, and it seemed she was continuing to play her part. So, naturally, he had to return the favor. Though the freedom Hoenn had given him to break free of such tradition certainly continued to entice him to speak freely.[break][break]

Taking a deep breath, Remiel instead studies the changes in her appearance for a moment before continuing. "What business do you have in Hoenn?" And how, exactly, had she slipped under his radar at the embassy?[break][break]

[attr="class","tags"]
tagged for
[attr="class","tagtxt"]
— (⊙_⊙)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".remy2"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; color:#000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/TmDtHsP/remytransparent.png); background-size:cover; height:302px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Heebo';[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 13px/13px 'Playfair Display'; font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .textbox"]font:11px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; padding:30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin-right:10px; transition:1s all; transition-delay:2s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2:hover .icon"]transition:1s ease-in-out; transition-delay:1s ease-out; border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .name"]font:63px/40px 'Abril Fatface'; letter-spacing:-2px; text-transform:uppercase; width:350px; break-word:break; padding-left:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .lyric"]font:9px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; letter-spacing:1px; padding-left:25px; margin-bottom:5px; text-transform:uppercase; padding-left:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .lyric::before"]content:""; border-top:2px solid #fff; padding-left:20px; margin-right:5px; display:inline-block;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .crown"]font:25px 'Abril Fatface'; padding-top:3px; padding-left:45px; color:#fefbfa; letter-spacing:1px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .border"]height:10px; width:250px; background:#000; margin-top:3px; margin-left:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 0px; font:9px poppins; color:#fff; color:var(--accent); border-top:1px solid rgba(100,100,100,0.2); margin-bottom:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags b"]font:bold 10px 'Roboto'; color:#222; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags b::before"]content:""; padding-left:20px; margin-right:5px; border-top:5px solid var(--accent); display:inline-block; transition:1.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2:hover .tags b::before"]padding-left:190px; transition:1.5s all; transition-delay:0.9s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags a"]text-transform:lowercase; font:bold 14px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:10px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:none; text-transform:lowercase;color:var(--accent)!important; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tags a:hover"]color:#000!important; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .tagtxt"]font:9px 'consolas'; color:#000; opacity:0.9;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .bottom"]text-align:center; margin-top:-25px; padding-left:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".remy2 .bottom img"]background:#fff; margin:0px 10px; border-radius:100px; padding:10px; height:45px; filter:grayscale(100%); height:24px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Poppins|Roboto+Mono|Heebo|Abril+Fatface|Playfair+Display|Heebo]
close tab

played by

nikki

ellie
she/her
november 20th
hammerlocke, galar
bisexual
swordswoman
cadet
built my
guard up.
0 height
0 height
these dreams like ashes.
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @irazelle
irazelle graves
wasteland
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 2:14:50 GMT
irazelle graves Avatar
[attr="class","elle"]
[attr="class","elle b"]
[attr="class","elle i"]"of course," it's offered without any bite. almost robotic, as if slipping into an old mask. one of ballrooms and gowns, crowns and jewels. familiar yet foreign, a world no longer fitting for her. "or did you forget i cut ties and moved away?"

sometimes, she forgets why. and other times, it's all she can think about. mulled over and over, highlighted and left to analyze.

in the end, it's simple: she refuses to play that part any longer. there's a hunger in her bones, itching for bigger and better things than pretty dresses and carrying on a bloodline. she's more than the doll they crafted her into, more than just a legacy. in some ways, she almost wonders if he feels the same burning in his nerves.

ah, right... she has to justify herself to him. the tight grip on her sword anchors her, sure, but agitation bubbles beneath pale skin.

"i grew bored of kalos," and then, there's the flashing of teeth. some call it aggression, a warning. her? a challenge. "are you implying i need business in order to be here?" somehow, it's expected. people of their lineage don't go places on a whim. they don't have that luxury. it's always business, appearances, schemes. she despises the thought.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,536 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
wasteland
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 21:03:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy2"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","toptxt"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Remiel lightly huffs. He most certainly had not forgotten. His own departure from their old world hardly preceded her own by much time. He'd expected her to be halfway around the world and away from him, however. Kalos, where his father's side of the family hailed from, hit too close to home. And Hoenn, needless to say, seemed out of the question for her. But apparently he was wrong.[break][break]

"Even exiled royalty are subject to due process, Irazelle," He replies, his voice stern and professional. Drawing in a deep breath, he sighs at the sight of her grinning challenge. "And yes, that is exactly what I'm implying." Getting to the bottom of her reason for being here had suddenly become his priority.[break][break]

The ambassador turns, and gestures for her to follow as he doubles back to the building he had come from. "Come with me, and stow the blade. Weapons aren't allowed in the embassy."[break][break]

[attr="class","tags"]
tagged for
[attr="class","tagtxt"]
— (⊙_⊙)

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

ellie
she/her
november 20th
hammerlocke, galar
bisexual
swordswoman
cadet
built my
guard up.
0 height
0 height
these dreams like ashes.
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @irazelle
irazelle graves
wasteland
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 22:51:54 GMT
irazelle graves Avatar
[attr="class","elle"]
[attr="class","elle b"]
[attr="class","elle i"]she bristles at the choice of words. exiled, as if she were forced out, as if she had no say, as if it wasn't her decision. suddenly her mouth tastes bitter and she's fighting very hard to not reveal her emotions. her features want nothing more than to twist into scorn, contempt, loathing. and quietly, she offers nothing more than a simple "not exiled and not royalty."

she was merely a background character for the royal family. nothing more, nothing less. it's best for him to remember that.

by the time he turns, she's fully scowling now. there's something about him ordering her around that burrows beneath her skin and breeds rage. what is she, a dog? is she supposed to be obedient? she holds surprisingly steady, watching as his figure begins to move. there's a gesture thrown in her direction, a beckoning, and she meets it with the narrowing of hardened eyes.

"no." how well will this go over, exactly?

at least she's equipped for the worst... that's somewhat of a plus.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,536 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
wasteland
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 9:30:02 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy2"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","toptxt"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

He comes to a sharp stop at the word. With a cold glare, Remiel turns back around and unflinchingly meets her hardened eyes. Defiance for the sake of being defiant wasn't a good look on anyone, he thought. If anything, it simply made her out to be more of a child than he imagined she was. Raising a hand to his face, he rubs the bridge of his nose with an irritated huff.[break][break]

"So you'd rather I have you tracked down and deported? Is that it? Exiled royalty or not, you'll be processed and dumped at Hulbury Port without a second thought. Alternatively, you can come to my office, have a spot of tea, and fill out the paperwork before we both experience the pleasure of never having to see one another again."[break][break]

Lowering his hand, he casts her another look before turning again and walking off with a dismissive wave. "The choice is yours."[break][break]

[attr="class","tags"]
tagged for
[attr="class","tagtxt"]
— (⊙_⊙)

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

ellie
she/her
november 20th
hammerlocke, galar
bisexual
swordswoman
cadet
built my
guard up.
0 height
0 height
these dreams like ashes.
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @irazelle
irazelle graves
wasteland
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 1:01:00 GMT
irazelle graves Avatar
[attr="class","elle"]
[attr="class","elle b"]
[attr="class","elle i"]well, that somehow went both better and worse than she imagined. fuck.

hot anger rises, searing through her veins until her cheeks are flushing a radiant red. and then, she's stepping to him, pretty china twisting into a snarl. "what the fuck, remiel?" a pause, a mild realization, and finally a sneer. "sorry, your highness."

it's probably frowned upon to spit at royalty, right?

"no, honestly," she glares up at him, their height difference serving to further piss her off. she's mindful of the sword in her hands, mindful to keep it tucked close to her hip. the last thing she needs is the galarian army showing up on her doorstep because she sliced and diced the crowned prince. "what the fuck is your problem, huh? you can't just let me go on my merry way? do you enjoy making things difficult or is it just because of who i am?" because of who i was.

realistically, the dismissive wave and him turning his back on her shouldn't work on her. and yet, it does. she scowls and scampers to catch up, little legs working overtime to close the distance. once she's close enough, she's reaching for his arm and tugging. if it's hard, she doesn't notice. it's not like it matters anyway, right? she imagines him ripping out of her grip and leaving her here, a bitter reminder of just how much distance is really between them.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,536 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
wasteland
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 8:58:51 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy2"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","toptxt"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Despite what some might call a 'success', Remiel feels no less annoyed and inconvenienced as Irazelle runs up to grab his arm, reconsidering her refusla to visit the embassy. If she thinks a few jabs at his royal background will serve to make him lose his temper, however, she is sorely mistaken.[break][break]

had said much worse. And, briefly, he almost feels thankful for her constant disparaging. Though he'd never tell her that.
[break]

"This has nothing to do with who you are," He informs Irazelle, keeping the arm she grips tightly still for the time being as he stares at her. "Nor what we used to be. As I stated before, every Galarian is subject to due process." At this point, he pauses, and regards the hand gripping his arm with a sharp look of criticism.[break][break]

"Now if you'll let me go... we can carry on, and be finished before sundown." He assures her, meeting eyes once more.[break][break]

[attr="class","tags"]
tagged for
[attr="class","tagtxt"]
— (⊙_⊙)

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

ellie
she/her
november 20th
hammerlocke, galar
bisexual
swordswoman
cadet
built my
guard up.
0 height
0 height
these dreams like ashes.
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @irazelle
irazelle graves
wasteland
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 1:58:21 GMT
irazelle graves Avatar
[attr="class","elle"]
[attr="class","elle b"]
[attr="class","elle i"]she has half a mind to scowl again, to throw a tantrum and dig her heels in. it's unbecoming, she knows, but does she care? there's a freedom that comes with a lack of royalty, a freedom that allows her to act however she sees fit with no real consequences like slandering the family name.

and of course, she still gives in to the teachings. she still manages to chastise herself, that little voice in the back of her head sounding an awful lot like her mother's. fucking hell.

"why do you want me to get processed so badly?" she questions, as if he owes her any explanation besides the ones he's already stated. maybe she likes being difficult or maybe she simply doesn't understand. the process through the ports hadn't been enough to sate him? she remembers it briefly, as if forcing the memory into place for her to summon at will. they checked her passport, checked her credentials, and let her in.

sue her for thinking that'd be the end of it.

she ignores his pointed stare at her hand, instead curling fingers a little further into fabric. "fine," eventually relenting after a long pause of silence, her hand still remains. instead, her eyes meet his, crimson meeting cobalt, and she flashes a practiced smile. it's sugary, well-bred for royal court.

and part of her almost hopes it strikes a nerve.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,536 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
wasteland
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 3:44:30 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy2"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","toptxt"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Remiel blows air out of his nose. "I don't want to. Had you filled out the preliminary paperwork in advance, I wouldn't have to." And he would have known in advance that she was here, too. "But it's part of my job to ensure it gets done, and I take it seriously."[break][break]

Thankfully, after a brief pause that the royal is worried will ignite another streak of stubbornness, Irazelle relents. "Great." He dryly says, waiting for her to release him from her grasp. Instead, she sees it fit to make eye contact with him... and smile. The man narrows his eyes, suppressing a huff before reaching to gently detach her hand using his own.[break][break]

"No need for that now, is there. Now let's go before it gets dark."[break][break]

[attr="class","tags"]
tagged for
[attr="class","tagtxt"]
— (⊙_⊙)

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

ellie
she/her
november 20th
hammerlocke, galar
bisexual
swordswoman
cadet
built my
guard up.
0 height
0 height
these dreams like ashes.
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @irazelle
irazelle graves
wasteland
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 5:17:47 GMT
irazelle graves Avatar
[attr="class","elle"]
[attr="class","elle b"]
[attr="class","elle i"]part of his job...

she really does try to fight the snort that escapes. it's half-hearted, sure, but an attempt nonetheless.

he pries her grip off of his arm and she observes in silence. there's a coldness to their bodies that almost feels unnatural. it makes her skin crawl. familiarity is not welcome here anymore and she can't quite remember whose fault that is... hers or his?

perhaps, in the end, it doesn't matter anyway.

his words poke at a nerve and god, she despises it. her lips pull a little wider. it's more forced now instead of the practiced court-ready smile she's so used to.

"lead the way," comes out frigid. it's almost surprising to not see the words turn from breath into puffs of steam. hoenn is not cold enough yet but she is.

and yet, despite herself and despite him, she's hoping it won't be like this forever.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,536 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
wasteland
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 4:31:19 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

To be on the receiving end of her coldness, despite the time they'd spent apart, still feels as jarring and wrong as the first big fight they'd had. Strangely enough, that's the one he remembers most. Not the string of them that came after, and hardly the one that preceded their breakup: but the one that snapped them out of their gilded daydream the very first time.

Though he never saw himself admitting as much to her. Especially considering it had all been over a stupid, trivial little thing...

For a split-second, he wonders if she feels the same he does. Then Remiel shakes his head, deciding preemptively that Ira wasn't mature enough to get over her grudge. So he leads the way down the stone-paved park path instead, heading towards the embassy tower just a few blocks away. The sooner they got her papers sorted, the better.

Even so, he felt compelled to fill the silence with something. Just casual chit-chat... they owed themselves at least that much, right?

"The holidays are coming up soon... you're not spending them with your family, I take it?" He asks, unsure how sensitive the subject of her family had become in the last few years.

🎶 rustboro starlit — yu-peng chen
WASTELAND +