4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 6:44:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She wore slacks, belted over a black turtleneck, underneath a white lab coat. It was a far cry from the small number she’d worn a couple of nights prior. Clean, modest, utterly professional.

In her office, she sat at a desk, awaiting her assistant for the day. He was being roped into more than just coffee runs. No one got away that easily.

Both of her hands wrote notes on her desk, alternating. Pages were turned at odd angles, and her writing was strange; cubical, and almost illegible.

Djall the Houndoom lied at the corner of the desk, muzzled, asleep, but ever-alert to footsteps approaching the door.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 7:18:34 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
PROFESSOR...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
unlike the professionally attired woman, king kept things casual. black chinos folded-up twice around the ankle, and a plain white t. a leather jacket accompanied the fit, but he didn't wear it inside — it was too good of a look to be wasted on these invalids.
[break][break]
approaching the door, he nearly opens it to walk in. then, an amused smile traces his lips, and knuckles lightly tap the door.
[break][break]
then he just walks in.
[break][break]
"professor."
[break][break]
the grin is unmistakable.
[break][break]
"good mornin'."

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/jbPvhZk/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 7:43:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Djall’s red eyes snapped open at steps nearing, even before the rap on the door. Before it simply swung open.

Lulu glared into a sheet of paper as her hound leapt to his feet, baring teeth and drooling through his headgear. Miraculously, unlike with , Djall stayed at the desk. However, as guarding the office was his primary job, the barging in had still clearly set him off.

The scientist did nothing to soothe him, or attempt to quiet his low, rumbling growl. It persisted. She seemed to ignore it.

“Wayland.”

She didn’t yet make eye contact. Her hands continued scribbling.

“Did you bring my coffee?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 7:50:35 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
PROFESSOR...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
a steady, unnerved gaze falls onto the canine. the threatening posture was enough to get king defensive, but not in defense of his own life, no. instead, it was simply a matter of enforcing his will as an alpha. whatever anger, and hatred, the dog possessed, was nothing to king's own.
[break][break]
"king."
[break][break]
he corrects.
[break][break]
"the names king, and, ya i did. professor."
[break][break]
from behind the back, king pulls the aforementioned beverage and places it on her desk. next to it, a brown paper bag containing a bagel.
[break][break]
with a 'pleasant' smile, he takes a step back and stands there appropriately, as any good, diligent assistant would as they wait for the orders.

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/jbPvhZk/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 6:40:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Hm.”

Still not looking up, she eventually snapped her fingers a couple of times, muttering, “Djall.”

The hound’s attention was drawn, and he begrudgingly crept back towards where Lulu was seated, although his red stare never left the man until it disappeared fully behind the desk—but only for a moment. His horns and head poked up, just tall enough to glare across the surface.

Soon, both pens were laid down on their respective journals, and she looked up at the coffee, and something in a bag?

“What’s this?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 7:08:14 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
PROFESSOR...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king winks, making a clicking noise with his cheek at the mutt. when momma called he came running. that was not intimidating in the least.
[break][break]
he turns up his chin at her question, fingers moving to pull up his pants absentmindedly.
[break][break]
"a bagel. ye know, toasted bread in the shape of a donut, but not a donut, ye?"
[break][break]
eyes glance around, never lingering in one space for long.
[break][break]
"nice digs ye have 'ere."
[break][break]

lips purse in thought.
[break][break]
"could use some color though. anyways——"
[break][break]
his eyebrows perk upwards, smirk widening.
[break][break]
"——whats the word, professor?"

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 8:03:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Djall reared head and bared his teeth in a snarl over the edge of the desk, drooling on it a bit through his head-cage. Lulu shot eyes up at King finally, glaring as though to warn him. He was already looking about the room as though there was much to look at. It wasn’t like her home, where feverish scribblings and formulas lined the walls again. Here, they were mostly bare.

He criticized them.

He was either stupid or fucking with her.

The word?

“…”

“We’re going to have some fun.”

She grabbed the bag and removed the bagel, and then the dog’s muzzle. Offering him the food, he finally left King alone to tend to it on the floor, making quick work.

“You’re lucky that’s not your leg,” she remarked to King, and then stood, adjusting her lab coat and putting a few things into her pocket, such as notepad and phone. Clipped on a good pen.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 8:20:01 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
PROFESSOR...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"n' here i thought we already had us some fun."
[break][break]
teeth flash in sarcastic teasing, despite his current station. he watches her feed the bagel to her mutt, expression amused. he'd expected something like this to happen, of course.
[break][break]
"ye, maybe."
[break][break]
dismissing the passive threat, he instead turns to watching lulu pull the coat over her shoulders, and settle herself.
[break][break]
"but, he's lucky he even has a jaw at'll —— if i'm rememberin' right, that is."
[break][break]
an exhale of air from his nostrils signals the short aired amusement in his challenge. politely, he opens the door for the professor, eager to see where the day went.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 4:59:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu cast a look of distaste towards him and shook her head, then gathered some papers and a clipboard into an arm.

Lastly, she reached into the middle drawer of her desk, and took out a pair of glasses, shrugging the arms apart and placing them on her face. Simple, thin black frames. She didn’t need them anymore, mysteriously, but she’d found that they made her feel focused.

Her fingernails clicked lightly on the board as she looked over to make sure she had everything.

Leaving Djall’s muzzle off of him, she turned for the door. “You should go out first.”

She’d follow behind and lock the door.

“Ever heard of Beheeyem?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 5:30:38 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
PROFESSOR...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"ye got the whole libarian look goin' on, i like it.
[break][break]
king cast a grin in her direction, but did as she suggested and walked out first. his hands filled the emptiness of his pockets automatically, gave shifting lazily. finally, he turned it onto her as she spoke.
[break][break]
"mm, sounds like a pokemon."
[break][break]
one hand leaves the comfort of his pocket to stroke his chin thoughtfully.
[break][break]
"but i'm more ov'a visual person. if ye show me one, chances 'r i'll know what ye mean."

[break][break]
his hand stops, casting a sidelong glance in her direction.
[break][break]
"why ye ask, professor?"
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:54:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu didn’t respond to his compliment; merely pushed the glasses up the bridge of her nose and left the room behind him, shutting the door.

The glasses reminded her of a time before .

“It is.”

“Okay.”

“Because that’s what we’re fucking with, today.”

Once she’d locked up, she maneuvered around him and walked ahead, coat rustling with the clicks of her steps.

“They're interesting, but dangerous. They can control your mind, and rewrite your memories.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 21:01:09 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
PROFESSOR...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"fuckin' with, eh? sounds like yer just askin' for trouble.
[break][break]
lips spread into a knowing grin. that was just his speciality.
[break][break]
"count me in, then."
[break][break]
he follows, mindful of his surroundings. eyes narrow slightly onto her back, as she goes further into detail. he needed to be wary; this one was bat shit crazy. for all he knew, she would use it on him.
[break][break]
"ye? so what're ye goin' to do with 'em, then?"
[break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 2:21:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Ahead of him, she merely shrugged. Click, click…’

“Maybe.”

“Consider yourself counted. We’ll be fine.”

She turned down another hall, a little warmer than the last as they passed machines. It was louder, too, as fans attempted to compensate for the radiation of nonstop energy.

“I’ll explain when we get there.”

Perhaps this would sound ominous. It wasn’t initially meant to, but she caught her own tone and smirked, deciding to go along with it.

“How familiar are you with psychic-types?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 4:12:38 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
PROFESSOR...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
cryptic and difficult. she should get it tattooed. he nearly sighs, wanting the wave of agitation that was slowly rising in him to fester. but, he would be good today. his own personal promise.
[break][break]
"enough."
[break][break]
which was technically true. he didn't care much about the psychic-type to warrant looking into them further. his understanding of lucario's aura sense was the closest he cared to understand.
[break][break]
"takin' this professor thing seriously, eh?"
[break][break]
a chuckle, but he follows anyway. if she wanted him to learn, he would learn.

[break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
assistant [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 6:39:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Hm. We’ll see.”

He could have dropped the whole ’professor’ thing at that point, really. Or, she could have told him to. It didn’t amuse her as much, because there wouldn’t be anyone around to witness it. No one to laugh at him.

“You can drop it, if you want.” she replied smoothly.

Eventually, they came to doors. She went about several layers of unlocking business and eventually they slid open. A much more private lab, where few grunts were allowed entrance, and nearly no one had been filled in on the going-ons.

There were several different machines, tanks, and contraptions for restraint, along with carts of smaller equipment and cords.
Lulu went to a computer to retrieve several pokeballs.

She pointed across the room directly to a powerbox, commanding, “Switch everything on except the last two on the left.”