awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 19:54:32 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam finished taping up his golurk's fists, rolling his shoulders and pulling his hood up over his head. He wasn't to enter the ring, it was a boxing match for pokémon. He figured his golurk could use the practice, so he'd signed up.

Imagine his surprise when King's face came along, y'know? He hadn't seen him in ages. Years. He didn't even know his name until the match was announced.

He stood on the opposite side of the cage, watching his golurk enter, the theme Sam picked for his golurk echoing through the stadium. He took in a deep breath, followed his golurk until he had to stay behind, and watched the golurk enter the ring and give an awkward wave.

A small smile formed on Sam's lips because, wow how cute, but also what a rude awakening golurk was in for.... maybe he should have used his infernape instead. Oh well.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 23:12:43 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
ROUND 1...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
there is no elaborate display; no hood, or elaborate lights. their choice of music overrides sam's as the flaming cat makes its entrance. instead, the giant cat strides to the ring, gloves taped to its paws in preparation. his trainer doesn't even greet the other man, instead, he simply leans against the rings base.
[break][break]
as it enters, it begins to limber itself out; stretching it's muscles, and rolling shoulders. it approaches the golurk, extending a glove to it as a form of mutual respect.
[break][break]
once the bell rings, he tosses his arms up in a guard, shooting out a FLARE BLITZ coated punch.
[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dQww4bY/grimmylong10.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 22:37:29 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"defense up! prep for a counter hit!"

while the flare blitz of a punch lands, the golurk's body glistens and shines as an IRON DEFENSE settles across it's form. with the defense locked and loaded, ready, the golurk patiently waits.

sam's eyes are on the battle now, and he's focused, zeroed in. this sort of pokémon battling was kinda fun, he had to admit.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 3:57:53 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
ROUND 1...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
landing his flaming strike, the cat backs up, shuffling on his feet. as if he's moving in-tune to music only he can hear, the shoulders, neck and head sway slightly behind the cover of his fists.
[break][break]
"what're ye waitin' fer? get in there."
[break][break]
a dark shroud falls over kyn's features, his SCARY FACE a precursor to another strike with his right-fist.
[break][break]
something calls out to king, a familiarity in the other mans voice, but he doesn't follow the lead. a yawn escapes, and he leans even further on the rings edge.[break][break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dQww4bY/grimmylong10.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:38:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
that hideous face caused the golurk to slow its motions, seemingly terrified for a moment.

"lean into the new pace, don't let it sway you! follow it up, he's close now!"

knowing that the cat wouldn't have much place to go, the golurk twisted its fist and attempted a MEGA PUNCH, with his ability being IRON FIST, each punch held an added bite.

sam had hoped that in this fight it would give golurk the edge.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 20:57:40 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
ROUND 1...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
a cross guard flies up to block the MEGA PUNCH, taking it on the forearms. despite blocking the attack, he grunts in pain; the creature packed quite a punch.
[break][break]
"keep goin', keep goin'."
[break][break]
at his trainers insistence, he carries on the offensive. flames of yellow, red and finally black, crawl up his arm and cover it like a blades sheathe. then, with the explosive burst of his dash, he holds it out to clothesline the golurk, his DARKEST LARIAT powerful enough to shatter bones.
[break][break]
nothin' like playin' a little dirty.

[break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 21:22:39 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the moment sam saw those dark flames he tensed.

"get outta there!"

priority moves are a bitch, snubis.

the attack misses, thankfully, as shadows lick around the golurk and he fades into them. the PHANTOM FORCE helps the golurk fade from reality only to appear behind the feline and throw fists into the back of its ribs.

//NOTES
i got a lil creative if you don't like it lemme know i'll edit for u
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 22:40:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
ROUND 1...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king sighs, buying his face into the palm of his hand and sweeping it back through his hair, all in the same motion.
[break][break]
shadows fall and the golurk reappears, aiming well-placed shots into the ribs of the confused feline. grunts, or meows(?) of pain pulse out, but he keeps the momentum going. a vicious roundhouse with twice the power comes down to bear on the golurk, the modified DOUBLE KICK filled with the fury, rage and shame kyn felt.[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 12:58:28 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the kick lands, but any damage meant for it is negated by the typing-- its ghost like body simply absorbs that fighting type move like it didn't exist.

because of it, it gives golurk the upper hand, and sam's strategy behind using the gentle giant is revealed.

"uppercut!"

golurk's eyes zero in on the leg that had kicked it. with a fist filled with dark wisps of energy, it aims to throw a SHADOW PUNCH right at the cat's jaw. straight from below.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:45:14 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
ROUND 1...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king snickers from the sidelines. there was no greater teacher, than the pain that accompanied failure.
[break][break]
having missed his attack, body going straight through the ghost type, he only has a fraction of a second to process the confusion before the SHADOW PUNCH catches him beneath the maw.
[break][break]
body is sent reeling backwards, feet leaving the ground. he crashes against the ring post just as another bell sounds. end of round 1.
[break][break]
time for a breather.

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 20:06:20 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
when the bell rang sam jumped up and immediately made his way in. he stood in front of his golurk and looked at each of his ancient parts. with a satisfied smile, he took golurk's face in his hands.

"i've found a name for you, finally. i'll call you atlas. i always ask a great deal of you, like atlas being condemned to hold up the sky."

with that, and a new cute little shine to the golurk's eyes, sam leaned back.

"he's learned mistakes this time around, let's start out sneaky and end strong, hm?"

a hollow hum was golurk's agreement. with that, sam made his way back out of the ring so the match could begin.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 21:42:14 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
ROUND 2...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king leapt up to the ring's corner, arms hanging over the bungee-like ropes lazily.
[break][break]
"so, yer gettin' yer ass kicked out there."
[break][break]
the incineroar nodded, looking away slightly abashed.
[break][break]
"hmmm."
[break][break]
a deep, heavy breath. one that usually preceded meaningful, fight-changing advice. kyn listens closely, knowing his life may forever change.
[break][break]
finally, king speaks again.
[break][break]
"so, make sure ye don't. good luck!"
[break][break]
the bell for round two sounds, as they both take center ring again.

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 13:16:04 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
as the bell rings golurk keeps itself ready, alert. even sam tenses, clenching his fists inside his hoodie pockets to conceal his nerves. the match didn't win in the long run, but in the heat of the moment he finds himself consumed with a mild hope.

the second whatever move was to be swung or prepared is to come at him, the golurk would fade into the shadows yet again, dissipating from reality.

starting out with PHANTOM FORCE was likely predictable, but sam wanted to get the battle over with as quickly as possible. hopefully the battle would end before any type disadvantages were played against him.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 5:06:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
ROUND 2...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
kyn peppers the golurk with a couple of half-assed punches, sizing the titan up further. it had won the first round, and kyn needed to make a comeback.[break][break]

he expects the PHANTOM FORCE, and immediately turns behind him with a heavy-handed FLARE BLITZ just as the golurk struck. pain erupted from the impact site; another wound to add to the list.
[break][break]
but he gave, as good as he got.

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
king vs. sam [ h✩t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 12:37:07 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"keep your cool!"

sam's encouraging words caused the golurk to focus. atlas' eyes focused on the cat and with clenched fists, energy began to swirl within it.

releasing the MEGA PUNCH was well timed, hitting the cat somewhere near his arm. golurk's aim had been to take out one of the four obstacles causing the most damage.